12/5 Instance: MarvelUs Multiverse

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

12/5 Instance: MarvelUs Multiverse

Post by Svartfreja »

Current Timeline.

<Broo> "Right, I'm activating the particle beam now. We will be getting results and more information in a second or two. I want to be able to change the beam's frequency to see if it changes the portal's stability," Broo told Pietro. "Safety goggles!" he announced, before pulling his down over his eyes.

<Pietro> Pietro donned his own and prepared to take notes. Being able to watch the highly charged particles in real time was just a bonus of his mutation.

<Broo> The room was filled with a hazy purple and red light cascading from the tear in the fabric of space and time, which lead to the most hellish dimension known to all. The second the beam was turned on, the light from the portal increased to blinding white for a minute before Broo turned the machine off again. "Let's see what the read out says."

<Shaw> Sebastian was too distracted to remember the goggles until the blinding light kicked up, then he hissed and pulled them down and into place. "And it's been like this for how long?"

<Pietro> "Uh... good question." Pietro glanced up with a shrug before going back to his notes. "That looked awesome by the way."

<Broo> "I try my best." Broo told Pietro with a smile. "Actually since I broke reality. Well not just me alone, Danger is to blame as well. She likes playing dangerously."

<Shaw> "I thought all that talk of blue things was the drugs that filter around this place." He moved away from the strange portal and over to his brother in law to look over his tiny shoulder at the readouts.

<Pietro> "I wish it was drugs..." Pietro shook his head, passing Broo illustrations of what he had seen with his abilities.

<Broo> Broo scrolled through the readouts. "Yeah, I would love to give them names though. A species name. Something like Bio Alternate Mammalian Forager."

<Shaw> "I rather assumed the same of those missing students, but... this would indeed seem to qualify for hell, wouldn't it?" He smirked at Broo's name for the creatures. "And their activity has slowed down? These... foragers?"

<Pietro> "Yeah it's been pretty non-existant since Carol and Cessily went in there and scared the little buggers... that was right before they declared the place off-limits," Pietro eyed the portal, "Obviously that just made it all the more enticing."

<Broo> "And yes, they're mammalian. They seem to prefer being very liberal in their dress. It's just rather strange that only the males seem to forage. I guess the females are back at their home... nest... whatever they use." Broo tore off a piece of paper. "Interesting."

<Shaw> "Enough to make two students decide to take a leap into it?" Though it was sort of enticing, he supposed. Sebastian moved back over to the portal himself and picked up a long, non-metallic probe.

<Pietro> "Sudents in this place do all kinds of crazy shit... mostly because they're drunk or high about ninety percent of the time..."

<Broo> Broo looked up, finally noticing the sentence concerning students in the portal. "What's this about people going into the alternate dimension?"

<Pietro> "I'm pretty sure I mentioned that last week... but then there was science stuff happening and we got distracted."

<Shaw> "That lizard girl," he said distractedly, prodding the edges of the portal and watching the light shift and tiny bolts of energy sizzle. "Kusuma," he finally recalled. "And the rock boy. I'm certain he has a name..."

<Broo> "Well that's not good at all. A lizard and a rock. Are they capable survivalists?" Broo asked.

<Broo> Broo then realized something else. "We have a student made of rock? I need to study him."

<Pietro> "Melati has a healing mutation and Santo's made of rocks... pretty sure he doesn't even have to eat given that so they should be fine... they might hate the lack of booze, although I think the little blue guys stole plenty of that." Pietro needed snacks and cut into his candy supply.

<Shaw> Sebastian shoved the probe in as deeply as he dared. Something seized it from the other side and yanked it through and he yelped.

<Pietro> ".... We're never getting that back."

<Broo> Broo's head snapped up to look at Shaw, then frowned. "You really shouldn't agitate the demons in the hell dimension."

<Shaw> He scoffed. "There's no such thing as demons..." Still, he backed up. That thing could have taken his hand. "If we're never getting that back, how shall we get those students back?"

<Pietro> "Carol and Cess got out fine on their own..." Pietro pointed out.

<Broo> "Well I'm sure someone could go in there and retrieve them if they got lost. The energy our matter exudes is a different wavelength than those on the other side. According to the readings." he said, holding up the paper.

<Broo> "Pretty sure I can come up with a tracking device." he added.

<Shaw> "So Danvers and Miss Kincaid still had their abilities in there?" Fascinating. Sebastian picked up another probe.

<Pietro> "I'd offer to go in but reports were that the portal wasn't as close to the ground on the other side and I have a wife and kids at home... I could go and get Carol and she could look for them before we close it up?" Pietro tossed a twinkie at Broo because he was having one.

<Broo> Broo caught the delicious snack and feasted upon it. After unwrapping it. "Well Ms Danvers is quite skilled at cleaning up our messes. She should be a good choice for such a rescue mission." Broo licked his little claws clean.

<Shaw> Sebastian took a twinkie, shoved it onto the end of the probe, and slowly offered it up through the portal.

<Broo> "However before we go disturbing Ms Danvers, I would first like to finish all the tests. Safety goggles back on, gentlemen. It's time to turn the dial all the way up to eleven."

<Pietro> Pietro put the glasses back on but continued to top up his candy consumption level.

<Shaw> He wasn't going in, that was certain, and when he felt the yank on the probe he pulled it back. The snake cake was gone. "This is... remarkable." Sebastian turned to comment, then realized they were staring at him with their goggles on and stepped out of the way, pulling down his own. "My apologies... this is... well, beyond most of the laws of physics I learned in school."

<Broo> "This was all by accident, really. I was looking for the energy that causes mutant powers to actually work in our reality without breaking any laws of physics. Oh, by the way, there's an energy that leaks into our dimension that causes mutant powers." Broo flipped a switch and the beam started up, sounding like a proton pack. He would need to invent one of those one of these days.

<Shaw> Sebastian's mouth dropped open at this little bomb shell, then the beam started and he was distracted by that. "You frighten me a tad sometimes, little brother."

<Broo> "I frighten myself sometimes," he said with a deadpan look. "Let's crank this baby up." he added, with scary smirk and turned the dial on the side.

<Shaw> "Where were you ten years ago," he muttered under his breath.

<Broo> "Being made from alien genes." Broo mumbled to himself.

<Pietro> Pietro blinked at Broo behind his goggles, "You're an alien?"

<Shaw> He nodded to himself with a sigh. Life was strange.

<Broo> "Hm? Oh, yes, well, hybrid actually." Broo replied.

<Pietro> ".... That is so cool! I love this place!"

<Pietro> He gave Broo another twinkie for this revelation, "... Can I map your genome? Can I? Please?"

<Broo> The portal suddenly pulsated under the barrage of the beam, flashing a redness before Broo quickly flicked the off switch. He blinked as he stared at the portal, then pulled his goggles off, wiped his eyes and looked again. The portal had changed colour to a green and blue hue. "Fascinating."

<Pietro> "Huh?" he looked round. Damn it! He'd missed something awesome he just knew it. "It's a different colour?"

<Shaw> "Well... that color has a rather better feng shui to it, doesn't it?" He hummed and tapped the probe against his palm hard enough to jolt his abilties. "Do you know what you did to it?"

<Broo> Broo was about to say something, then turned 180 and looked at the readouts. "Oh my stars and garters."

<Pietro> That was never good, "What? What happened?" He was at Broo's side in a second.

<Shaw> Sebastian located another twinkie and handed it to Broo. "You're going to turn blue, you know."

<Broo> "Apparently I nudged the portal's energy to a different frequency. Explains the difference in colour. because the light bends differently through it." he said, then grabbed his step ladder and scurried to the portal, grabbing a gas mask and putting it on, before climbing up the ladder and peeking in.

<Shaw> "Broo!" Sebastian wasn't in time to stop him.

<Broo> Broo pulled back, took off the mask and peeked in again, holding up a clawed finger for an "Uno momento" sign.

<Pietro> Pietro didn't try to stop Broo, merely grabbing a mask himself to have a look. SCIENCE!

<Broo> On the other side, Broo's disembodied head tilted up to look at Pietro. "It kind of looks like our universe... except for that giant flying battleship... wait, no it's gone... ooh look, superheroes."

<Pietro> ".... Awesome!" Pietro pulled his head out to look at Shaw, "You have to see this."

<Shaw> "...your sister will kill me if anything happens." He looked at Pietro. "Just don't tell your wife?" Then, he gave in to the burning curiosity and stuck his own head into the portal. "Superheroes?"

<Broo> "Ooh, look, ooh, look over there, and over there. It's like a big fight. Look at their costumes. It's so much more flashy than ours." Broo said with great excitement.

<CaptMarvel> Carol had been about to go home but a voice in her ear instructed her to check out an anomaly that had appeared on the sensors. With a roll of her eyes she changed course, frowning at the thing as she approached. "Oh hell not this again..." Except there were heads. "Uh... Stephen? I think we have a situation..." She dodged a car as it flew through the air, "Hang on."

<CaptMarvel> Flying after the car, she caught it and hurled it back at the thing that threw it then headed for the mysterious portal.

<Broo> Broo couldn't help but try and wave at the flying woman. "She almost looks like Ms Danvers. But flashier, and as scary."

<Shaw> "I believe we've been noticed... and that looks rather like Danvers..." His head tilted to appreciate the view. "That uniform is rather better, isn't it?"

<CaptMarvel> Carol landed in front of the portal, her helmet folding away to reveal her face, "Uh... you know I can see you, right?"

<Broo> "Hello! You look just like our Ms Danvers! That's a great costume, Ma'am. My Name is Broo." the broodlike creature replied with much happiness.

<CaptMarvel> "Yeah... that'd be because that's who I am... just not your version of me." She looked over the other two, "Your other self is on vacation," she told Pietro, "And your other self is an asshole."

<Shaw> Sebastian's eyebrow went up. "Well you seem the same no matter the dimension." Looking beyond her, he blinked. "Rather messier than our world. Does it always look like this?"

<Broo> "I like it, it's very actiony. Not all those covert operations and things. Oh oh oh, do you have a Broo here as well?" He asked.

<CaptMarvel> "Oh that?" she thumbed over her shoulder, "They'll be done in a minute, Tony's on his way." Her attention returned to the small carapaced one, "We have Brood. And, no offence because I'm sure you're great, but I have a real problem with Brood." She glanced over her shoulder as the order to scatter came in her ear.

<Shaw> "Tony?" Sebastian was distracted by this news, but then over Danvers' shoulder he spotted a flying blur of red and yellow, with wild black hair. "....Jessie?"

<Broo> "Oh. Okay. Well I'm sort of unique I guess."

<CaptMarvel> "You know Jess? Oh this'll be good... Hey, Jess! Come over here a sec!" She waved to the other woman.

<SpiderWoman> Jess looked around for Carol on hearing her voice, "You're supposed to be at home watching Jen." She landed beside her, head cocking on one side when she saw the portal. "Oh." She pulled her mask down, "Well this is different."

<Shaw> It was Jess, entirely. Sebastian's shock was evident. "Yes... we know our Jessica, since I'm her husband and he..." He tilted his chin toward Broo. "Is her brother."

<Broo> "Hi Jess!" Broo waved frantically.

<SpiderWoman> ".... Woooow what weird world are these people from?" She looked at Carol, "How'd I get a Brood for a brother?"

<CaptMarvel> Carol shrugged, "I don't know but it's sorta funny with you being a spider hybrid and everything."

<SpiderWoman> "Speak for yourself, alien butt."

<Shaw> "Tell me... do you have a strange relationship with a woman named Viper as well?" Now he was beyond weirded out and back into fascinated.

<Broo> "Ah, excuse me, I'm actually an alien hybrid. Part Brood dna, part human dna, retrieved from her brother."

<Broo> "Oh oh, that's who made me! Ms Viper."

<Shaw> "Spider hybrid..." Well this was going to haunt him forever now.

<SpiderWoman> "I don't have a brother... and yes, I know Viper - she thinks she's my mother. We're not talking right now."

<CaptMarvel> "Because you're wiping out Hydra's heads like a pro." Carol gave Jess a pat on the head, for which she received a glare.

<SpiderWoman> "My dad made me like this," Jess shrugged at the spider hybrid comment, "Saved my life so I can't really complain..."

<Shaw> "How bizarre..." His eyes narrowed, and he took in this Jess from head to toe again. His eyes lingered on a few favorite spots.

<SpiderWoman> Jess cringed at a massive explosion from behind them then glanced over her shoulder, "Oh hey, it worked. Shows up late and steals all the credit as usual, that ass." She shook her head then realised she was being looked at and raised an eyebrow at Shaw, "See something you like?"

<Broo> "Well anyway, we really should be heading back. I'm only now trying to get the hang of this portal, and I need to change it back to what it originally was. We have two students stuck in some sort of Hellish dimension."

<Shaw> "I like it every day, although it's rather rounder right now..." He flashed Jess a wolfish grin.

<Broo> "I'm an uncle." Broo added helpfully with an obvious wink.

<CaptMarvel> "If it's the darkforce dimension... my advice is not to go back in there. You don't want to stir anything up. Trust me." She pushed a gloved hand through her hair, "If you get stuck and can get back here, we have some people that could help you out though... maybe."

<SpiderWoman> Both her eyebrows went up, "Your version of me... is pregnant?"

<Shaw> "Quite." He held up his left hand and wriggled his fingers to let his ring glint.

<SpiderWoman> "Married I can understand..." She was, after all, married herself, "But not that... I mean... I can't..." she chewed her lip, tugging her mask back up and turning away. Time to go.

<CaptMarvel> "Well that got depressing fast..."

<Shaw> And his spousal guilt seemed to extend to this Jess as well. How strange. "Ah. I am sorry..." Now he was in full agreement with Broo. "Yes, well, time we..." Wait, that was Tony?

<CaptMarvel> "Can you call Joe and tell him to take over from David? I think I might be a while now..." Carol requested of Jess as she was making an exit.

<SpiderWoman> "No problem - Jen loooooves Joe," she gave them a wave, "Nice to meet you..."

<Broo> "Bye!" Broo waved.

<CaptMarvel> "Wait one sec before you shut that thing off," She reactivated her helmet, "Tony, do me a favour? Patch into my helmet and take some readings of this portal so we know if it comes back?"

<Broo> "Who's Tony?" Broo asked.

<CaptMarvel> "Tony Stark? You don't have one of those? ..... Can I come and live with you?"

<Broo> "President Stark is a superhero? That's so amazing!" Broo exclaimed.

<Shaw> Sebastian watched this other Jessica go. She was rather impressive. He still preferred her blonde. "Well," he said, pointing. "I know that tech... so that must be Tony. And we have one... yes, as he said, he's President."

<CaptMarvel> "He's the President in your reality? Holy shit... Oh fuck he heard you. Well now we're all screwed, we'll never hear the end of this...."

<Broo> "Wow, our Ms Danvers swears just as much as you do."

<CaptMarvel> "Only at work, not allowed to do that at home - got a kid."

<Shaw> "His suit is... flashy. I quite approve." Sebastian took note of the details.

<CaptMarvel> "That's the Iron Man armour... capital I, capital M... I'm telling them! You can hear me! Get back in your own helmet!"

<Shaw> He chuckled darkly. Oh, he'd need to give Tony a call tonight and have a chat about that special project.

<CaptMarvel> "Okay, we have our readings, feel free to go bug some other reality now... but we'll know if you come back so, expect help... or a Hulk. Never can be too sure with Banner... maybe I'll get Stephen to watch out for you instead." She shrugged, magic or technology? Neither was reliable.

<Broo> "Ooh, who's Stephen?" Broo quickly asked, his curiosity kept on taking over.

<Broo> "Wait, is Stephen Hawking a superhero too? What's his powers?"

<CaptMarvel> "Stephen Strange - Sorceror Supreme. Yes, that really is his surname. And, if you get back here and you're somewhere else... ask for Captain Marvel or just the Avengers. Someone will be able to direct you."

<Broo> "Sorceror?" Broo's face turned into an actual ascii emote D: "You have magic here?"

<Shaw> He scoffed. Magic.

<CaptMarvel> "Yeah we do... seriously, stay out of the Darkforce Dimension. I'm not even kidding. If you don't have magic where you're from.... you're really screwed."

<Broo> "Guys.... guys.... I need to bring magic to our world." Broo said, tugging at the other two's shirts.

<Pietro> Pietro looked down at Broo, "Did you not hear what the scarier Carol just said?"

<Broo> "But.... magic."

<CaptMarvel> "Magic sucks. Don't do it."

<Broo> "But.... magic?"

<Shaw> "There is no such thing, Brooklyn." He shook his head.

<Pietro> Pietro looked at Shaw, "Not it. If he does it, I'm long gone. I'll be in the Bahamas with a cocktail."

<Shaw> "I tell you, it's impossible," he protested, although, to be fair, so was what they were doing. At least in a theoretical sense. "Oh, nevermind. I'll join you, Pietro."

<CaptMarvel> "If your me is anything like me... she will not thank you for introducing her to magic, just a headsup." She glanced behind her at the Triskellion, the floating hub of SHIELD and home of the Avengers. "I should get going..."

<Broo> "Goodbye again, it was fun meeting you all." Broo waved and slipped back.

<CaptMarvel> "Yeah... whatever," she waved distractedly then took off at hypersonic speed straight up. She was going to punch some asteroids before she went to debrief.

<Shaw> He'd gotten enough of an eyeful of that world, and so he ducked back into the school basement most eagerly.

<Pietro> Pietro was the last to withdraw to their own reality, hands going to his sketchbook and pencils. A new project! DRAW. EVERYTHING.

<Shaw> "Right, so, how do we lock that one off?" He joined Broo back at the controls. This could be a long night.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6