12/13 Instance: Joyeux Noel

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/13 Instance: Joyeux Noel

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Charming

<Monet> Monet paid the boy a sizable tip and shooed him with one hand after she'd taken the two garment bags from him. She rang the doorbell and waited impatiently for Sebastian to answer the door. She was excited about this!

<Shaw> Sebastian checked the security monitor and felt his eyebrows rise up of their own accord. Well, well. Good afternoon, Monet. To what do I credit the pleasure? He started down the stairs, waving Widget away.

<Monet> Ah, Sebastian. Bien! I have a gift. She shifted the bags to lay over both hands now that she knew she wouldn't need to ring the bell again.

<Shaw> Oh? It's still a tad early for Christmas, my dear. He opened the door and took in both Monet and her cargo. "Won't you come in?"

<Monet> Monet smirked and dumped the garment bags onto Sebastian's arms before gliding past him into the foyer. "Merci." She turned to face him, "It's not for Christmas, darling. Let's go to your room and hang these up where I can show them to you."

<Shaw> Sharky the silver dog skittered down to the foyer and started frisking around Monet's feet, barking. "Oh, what is it for?"

<Monet> Monet pulled a tiny dog biscuit from her purse and tossed it away from her so the dog would leave her be. "For our next banquet at the club. I thought we both deserved something new, don't you agree?"

<Shaw> "Perhaps, yes." He stared down at the bags in his arms. "I completely forgot about that."

<Shaw> Across the room, Sharky sampled the biscuit and spat it out.

<Monet> Monet tsked him and led the way to the master suite, opening the doors to the closet, "Here, just hang them here and let me unveil them for you, oui?"

<Shaw> Bemused, Sebastian followed her direction. "So, the banquet..."

<Monet> "Oui. It's going to be good for us to make sure we have the people behind us, non?" She turned on the lights and waited for Sebastian to hang the garments. "I had these made for us. One of a kind creations. You're going to adore them."

<Shaw> He placed them on hangers. "Did you now?" Moving back into the doorway, he leaned on the frame. "I've had a rather spectacularly horrible week, mon ami, so forgive me if I'm giving few fucks - in the vernacular - about the people."

<Monet> "Oui." She frowned at him, "Oh? What happened, then? I can give enough 'fucks' for the both of us for a short while if necessary."

<Monet> Monet gave him a rather large grin and unzipped the bag with her gown first, then the bag with his tux. "Don't you love them? Aren't they spectacular?"

<Shaw> "Haven't you seen the news?" He moved in to inspect the contents of the bags. "They're lovely, Monet."

<Monet> "Oh that. Yes, I have. Horrible, isn't it?" She frowned at him, "As horrible as it sounds, I'm glad that's all you meant. I was afraid you meant something else on top of that."

<Monet> She proudly pulled out his bowtie and held it against her dress, "I do believe he did a wonderful job. Try it on, won't you? I need to make sure that it doesn't need to be altered."

<Shaw> "Mon ami, the thing nearly killed me. I was left to the tender mercies of SHIELD for three days." He frowned, then was distracted by the bowtie. "Yes, it's quite... fetching."

<Monet> Monet turned to him, brow furrowed. "Non. That makes no sense. The news said you had been injured, but that's not possible. I thought you were just acting..."

<Shaw> "The hospital collapsed on me, then the thing took my abilities, then the rest collapsed." He stepped in close to her.

<Monet> Monet brought up a hand to his cheek, "Mon Dieu." She shook her head, "Sebastian, I am sorry. If I had known, I would have been here sooner. And not for something as small-minded as these outfits. How is Jessica handling it?"

<Shaw> "She wasn't well. Her blood pressure spiked, and with the baby..." He shook his head, leaning his cheek into her palm. "It didn't go well."

<Monet> Monet sighed and pulled him into an embrace, "Merde. She didn't lose it though... Did she? I know I'm not her biggest fan, amant, but I know you love her and I never wish harm on children."

<Shaw> "Non, no," if she had... Sebastian closed his eyes and allowed Monet's hug. "I was in shock, and the SHIELD surgeons... well, they took me to surgery and told her nothing."

<Monet> "What did they do with you? Where they helpful or harmful? Do I need to make sure some people never see the light of day again?" She kissed his cheek just in front of his ear, "I know she will not accept it, but if you see her before me, let her know that if I had known, I would have been here with her."

<Shaw> "Merci." He smiled and pulled back to see her face. "Well, they took out my spleen, which apparently is something that not even a healer can grow back."

<Monet> Monet just blinked at him, "They did what?!" She shook her head angrily and started cursing furiously in several different languages.

<Shaw> Surprised by the reaction, he tilted his head. "Oui, I had internal injuries... apparently they could not stop the bleeding, and since my abilities were gone..." He shrugged.

<Monet> Monet growled under her breath, "Were they even trying to help? They could have found a transplant. At least a spleen is not as valuable as other organs. But still not quite an appendix!"

<Shaw> "Transplant? I'm not entirely certain I would want someone else's innards swimming around with my own." Sebastian made a distasteful face. "It would be better than death, but hardly preferable in something I don't truly need. It was apparently in part due to an existing injury from Sarkissian, which I fine more vexing..."

<Monet> Monet sneered at that name. "That woman is highly irritating." She took a step back and looked him up and down with a discerning look. "Turn around. Let me make sure you're whole. ...For the most part."

<Shaw> Sebastian's eyebrow arched up in question, but after a moment he smirked and did a slow spin on the heel of one shoe.

<Monet> Monet hmphed in slight approval. "Fine." She shook her head, "Next time, I need to be told. Immediately. Not only because I care for you, which if you ever repeat, I will murder you. But also for the Club. Politics, darling."

<Shaw> "Well, as you can see, I'm fine now." He turned his attention back to the suit, picking up the hanger to take a good look. "This is very nice, Monet, but you realize I have dozens of suits."

<Monet> "Oui. But none quite like this, non?" She beamed at the quality of work and the luscious fabric. "I was so pleased when he showed them to me." Monet turned to him, still smiling, "Will you try it on for me?"

<Shaw> "I feel rather like an oversized doll," he said, giving her an amused expression.

<Monet> Monet dismissed his good-natured complaint with a wave of her hand, "You know you prefer to make sure things fit before the functions. It gives the tailor time to make adjustments."

<Shaw> Lips pursed and eyes narrowed, he surveyed her face. "And are you a tailor?"

<Monet> Monet laughed. "Non. But I can take measurements all the same. That is, if it doesn't fit. I expect it will since I already know your measurements from past suits."

<Shaw> He suspected she'd happily measure his inseam. Suppressing a snort, he took the hanger into the bathroom. "I'll be out shortly then," he told her, then grinned and closed the door. He locked it.

<Monet> Monet smirked at the sound of the door locking and went to perch on the side of the bed. "When is Jessica due?"

<Shaw> "February," he called, quickly stripping down.

<Monet> "And since my invitation came in the mail a day after her shower, I would assume she doesn't wish to receive a gift from me?"

<Shaw> "She knew nothing about the shower. In fact, she seemed confused about what a shower was." Pity he didn't have an athletic cup, he would be tempted to wear it under here, considering.

<Monet> Monet arched her eyebrow and leaned back on her hands, waiting for him to finish. "That is quite surprising. I would have assumed she knew."

<Shaw> "She was rather... sheltered, before Xavier's." After a fashion. He buttoned his shirt.

<Monet> Monet shook her head and tsked. "What a shame." Her legs crossed and she kicked one of them slowly, starting to grow slightly impatient. "Are you going to feel up to going to the banquet?"

<Shaw> "I feel fine," he assured her, sliding on the jacket and rearranging his hair.

<Monet> "Bien. Will Jessica be attending as well? Or will she be staying home? I need to make sure the chef has a proper head count."

<Shaw> Sebastian paused, frowned at his reflection, and debated this. "When is it again?"

<Monet> Monet frowned at the door, willing him to know how deep the frown was. "Two weeks from tomorrow."

<Shaw> "Ah, yes, of course. Likely, then, so long as she feels up to it." He opened the door and strolled into the bedroom.

<Monet> Monet sat up and grinned, "You look dashing, amant." She stood and came over to straighten his tie. "You are the utter definition of Black King."

<Shaw> "Thank you, but I'd best look the definition of a Lord Imperial very shortly." He smoothed down the material and squared his shoulders, letting her fuss with the tie.

<Monet> A smirk came over her face as she looked up at him, "Oh, darling. You'll never look that ancient."

<Shaw> "Perish the thought." He laughed. "Shinobi still searches for seams on my face at every opportunity."

<Monet> "He'll get his own eventually. No need to look for flaws on someone else." She smoothed his lapel and raised up to kiss his cheeks. "You're going to be an amazing Lord Imperial, Sebastian."

<Shaw> "Merci, Monet." Sebastian put his arm around her for a brief squeeze. "And I owe much thanks to you."

<Monet> Monet returned the hug then backed up and smoothed her top. "Non. No thanks needed. Back to business as usual, oui?"

<Shaw> "Yes, and we need to complete the transfer of power as quickly as can be arranged. I've had Pietro Maximoff assisting me in this, since speed is a specialty."

<Monet> "He is quite skilled at speed. And also at politics, oddly enough. He's capable." She brushed over the shoulders of his suit, still admiring it on him. "How are the pants. Do they feel the right length or should I get them hemmed?"

<Shaw> "I think they're fine," he said, glancing down at them and lifting a foot to give his leg a shake. "Can I count on you to attend the installation ceremony?"

<Monet> Monet tilted her head, a touch confused, "Where else would I be? I'm your Queen." She laughed a bit, "How unseemly would it be for me to not be there?"

<Shaw> "And you've been a wonderful queen, my dear, despite a few bumps in the road." He gave her a sly smirk.

<Monet> Monet shook her head, good-naturedly. "The bumps that were not there because of me, I'll remind you."

<Shaw> "I know that." He raised a hand to her neck, cupping her jaw and watching her face. "So, you have more than earned a place among the Lords Cardinal, but it's not at my side."

<Monet> Monet's eyes narrowed and a frown creased her face. "What on earth are you talking about? You must still be injured."

<Shaw> "Someone must take over leadership of the New York Club. Who better than you?"

<Monet> "So then, that's your sugar-coated way of telling me that you're moving up the ladder and I get to stay put."

<Shaw> "No," he said, taking a step back from her to cross his arms. "That's my way of telling you that I believe you should join the Lords Cardinal and lead New York."

<Monet> Monet arched her eyebrow at that, slightly intrigued, "Oh. Why?"

<Shaw> "You're capable, and you know New York, and I live in Boston now."

<Monet> "So then I will be a Cardinal and Black Queen. Hmm."

<Shaw> "Yes. Several of our allies have accepted positions among the Lords Cardinal, including Jessica."

<Monet> Monet scoffed, "Jessica? A Cardinal? Are you sure that's wise?"

<Shaw> "Of course. She wants to become more involved, and present a more public face so that we are a united front." He tilted his head.

<Monet> "And what of your soon to be newborn? How will she be raised? Do you not remember the assassination threats on Jessica? Now that you will be Lord Imperial, there will be more people who will want your head. Luckily, we've taken out the majority from before, but you know there will be more."

<Shaw> "This isn't a full time occupation, Monet, as you well know. We will raise our daughter, and with help we will remake the Club into something better for us all."

<Monet> "Alright. I hope you are right. But when you're not, I get to remind you of this moment."

<Shaw> "Oh, of course. Without end, I'm certain." Sebastian smirked and started to take off the jacket.

<Monet> Monet moved around behind him, grinning, and took the jacket so it wouldn't be creased as he took it off. "Mais oui. But, I will at least wait until we make sure your child is safe."

<Shaw> He turned to look at her, taking her hand to bring it to his mouth. "Merci."

<Monet> Monet's grin turned to a coy smirk and she gave his hand a light squeeze, "Don't tease me, Sebastian."

<Shaw> "I'm not teasing, I'm grateful," he said, pressing a kiss to the back of her fingers.

<Monet> Monet's smirk turned into a soft smile and she gave a small nod, "You're welcome. You have become my family here."

<Shaw> Sebastian smiled in return and bowed slightly. "And as such, I have something for you. It is Christmas, after all."

<Monet> Monet's eyebrow arched in suspicion of what was coming. "Oui? Close enough to it, anyway."

<Shaw> "Yes, I had this discussion with Jess - it's quite close enough." He went to the dresser and opened a drawer to search for her gift.

<Monet> Monet blinked at where he was searching. "Well, since you are already married, I'm going to assume you're not searching for a ring box in your underwear drawer, oui? Are you going to do a strip tease for me then? Showing me what is to come?"

<Shaw> He laughed, glancing back at her. "Jessica recently discovered Shinobi and one of the young students from the school in a rather... compromising position, in the dining room." This was still funny, no matter Jess' opinion. "He was wearing nothing but her lingerie."

<Monet> Monet's mouth fell open in shock for a brief moment and then she started laughing. "Oh please let me speak with Jessica about getting to view that particular memory!"

<Shaw> "She was quite traumatized by it, actually," he was still chuckling when he located the box and closed the drawer, returning to Monet and holding up the blue Tiffany box.

<Monet> Monet shook her head with another soft laugh and then her eyes sparkled when she saw the box. "Por moi?"

<Shaw> "Oui." He placed the box in her hand with a genuine smile. "Joyeux Noel, Monet."

<Monet> "Merci, Sebastian. Joyeux Noel." She opened the box and her face lit up, "Oh. Tres jolie. Absolutement." Monet then looked up at him with a wry grin, "Olive leaves, darling? Are you extending a peace offering?"

<Shaw> "Perhaps," he returned the grin and held out his hand for the intricate gold cuff. "May I? I'd like to show you it's special features."

<Monet> "Special, how?" She turned the box around so he could take the cuff out of it. "Does it have naked pictures of you hidden inside somewhere?"

<Shaw> Sebastian laughed and shook his head, removing the cuff and turning it so she could see the underside. He moved in close to her and traced his index finger along some of the delicate olive leaves and branches that made up the piece. "There is something hidden." The circuitry was barely visible.

<Monet> Monet's brow furrowed as she studied the wires. "Now I know that you're not putting a locator device on me. Communications?"

<Shaw> "No, it blocks or greatly diminishes the effect of those nasty ability-inhibiting blasts from the sentinels." He gave her a grin.

<Monet> "Oooh. Well now. Aren't you just the forward thinker." Monet grinned back and held out her wrist for him. "Would you mind?"

<Shaw> "I've been busy. As it turns out, it's a rather simple reversal of those inhibitor collars." He made a slight face at the memory of being collared himself. "Of course," he said, shaking off the moment and slipping the cuff over her wrist. "Ce est beau."

<Monet> Monet's nose wrinkled at the mention of the collars and was barely able to suppress the shudder that wanted to cover her body. She smiled at the bracelet and held her wrist up so the light would catch on the gold. "Mais oui. Merci beaucoup, Sebastian." She leaned in and kissed his cheek, "It is beautiful and practical. What a fine combination."

<Shaw> He accepted the kiss with a self-satisfied smirk. "I'm glad you like it. As it is a rather new project, it may require some updates and additional tinkering, but I believe I know how to find you."

<Monet> "Oui. And I may tinker with it myself if it starts to not work correctly. I'm quite good with this sort of thing, you know."

<Shaw> "Of course, and let me know if you manage to improve upon my design." He gave a put-upon sigh. "My ego will just allow me to admit that from time to time that may happen."

<Monet> Monet grinned at him with a twinkle in her eye, "Oh, mon amant, you know I will never let you go on believing you're smarter than I am. I will always keep you well informed of your failings so that your head doesn't grow too large for your shoulders."

<Shaw> He laughed and rolled his own eyes. "Well, I wouldn't want to deny you of your life's calling."

<Monet> "Bien," she smirked and then it turned into a genuine smile as she looked back at her bracelet. "It truly is wonderful, Sebastian. Joyeux Noel."

<Shaw> "Joyeux Noel, Monet." Taken by a rare fancy, he bent to hug her. "Merry Christmas."

<Monet> Monet was slightly surprised, but hugged him back, "Happy Christmas, Sebastian."