12/31 Instance: Comeback Kat

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

12/31 Instance: Comeback Kat

Post by Svartfreja »

Sometime before the winter break.

<Hope> Hope sat in the back of the limousine as they pulled into the airport. "Looks like we're almost there," she pointed out the obvious, taking a sip of her drink. Thank God she had scotch. She couldn't imagine seeing Katherine Pryde again without its aid. However, it was surprising that Kat had contacted her. They had been roommates and all, but still.

<@Christopher> "Hey share." Chris grinned stealing a sip from Hope's scotch. "Mmm you always have the good stuff." Chris snuggled up with Hope in the back of the limo.

<Carol> Carol rolled her eyes. She was also glad for scotch because she had to be in close quarters with that. Ew.

<Hope> She made a face at him. Her scotch. "Of course I do. Get your own."

<@Christopher> Chris laughed a little. "Only wanted a sip."

<Hope> Hope shielded her glass from him wanting just a sip again.

<Kat> Kat sat in her first class seat on the airplane that would bring her to Boston, returning her to THE school. She had finally escaped her parents' jailing. Immediately after the bombing, they had snatched her up and made her return back to Chicago. She had suffered for a year, and decided she was going back. Of course she had told her parents that she was going to MIT. At least it was close. She had imagined a grand entrance announcing her presence, but she didn't know where the school actually was. So, she did something she knew she might regret.

<Carol> "A woman's scotch is a precious thing, you shouldn't steal it without asking. You can lose balls that way." Carol advised, taking a sip from her own glass.

<Kat> She texted Hope, who had reluctantly agreed to pick her up from the airport.

<Hope> "Yeah. And don't come between a Stark and her scotch, either," Hope smirked.

<@Christopher> "Eh they'll grow back if she really wants to take a crack at cutting me." Chris shrugged, he knew Hope wouldn't hurt him unless he was a real jerk.

<Carol> "... That is more information than I ever wanted to know."

<@Christopher> "You didn't know I was a healer?" Chris raised an eyebrow.

<Hope> Hope about spewed precious scotch all over the place, managing to swallow it just in time.

<Carol> "... I didn't know you were an idiot... oh wait." She totally did.

<Hope> Hope debated that remark for a moment, then tilted her head slightly to the side and took another drink. Yep, not going there.

<@Christopher> "Hey now...." Chris frowned.

<Carol> "I know you're a healer, dumbass." She rolled her eyes again, "I just didn't want the graphic mental image."

<@Christopher> "Too late. I could probably tell you worse. I was married to a feral you know." Chris stuck his tongue out at her.

<Kat> Kat's plane finally landed. A perk of being in first class, meant she could disembark first. She grabbed her Louis Vuitton carry-on and strutted off the plane.

<Hope> "Yeeeeeeeah." Hope poured herself more scotch. Maybe she should go to the bottle directly.

<Kat> Thankful to be off the jet, she headed to the first class lounge to grab a drink before hitting the luggage return.

<Carol> "No thanks, I'd rather preserve what little innocence my brain still possesses. Not ready to go full on crazy yet."

<@Christopher> "Then you're really working at the wrong place." Chris laughed. "I mean have you met half the students?"

<Hope> "Yes Chris, we'd all looooove to hear about your sex life with your ex-wife." She downed that glass and poured another.

<@Christopher> "Sorry, Hope." Chris gave her an apologetic look. "You're better I promise."

<Carol> "Oh my God, can you just stop?"

<Hope> Hope nodded her thanks to Carol behind her glass. "Oh hey look we're there!"

<Kat> Kat swallowed the last of her vodka soda, praying it would be enough to deal with Hope Stark.

<@Christopher> "Yes we are. Look at that perfect timing." Chris smiled.

<Kat> She grabbed her bag, and headed to the baggage carousel, hopeful to find a young man she could smile at to help her get all of her overweight luggage off the return.

<Carol> "Thank Christ." Carol opened the door of the limo before it had fully stopped.

<Hope> Hope debated on taking the glass, but left it on the little bar counter and followed Carol.

<@Christopher> Chris got out right behind Hope. "Hey good thing to come out of all my craziness, now security won't harass me anymore."

<Carol> "How'd you figure that? If it were me, I'd harass you more." She pushed a hand through her hair, checked her watch then looked up at the sky. "Flight should be in by now, weather's holding."

<@Christopher> "Do you not remember what I used to look like before I got monsterized?" Chris rolled his eyes adjusting the suit Hope skillfully picked out for him again.

<Kat> Kat leaned against a wall facing her baggage carousel and the doors. She looked around for Hope or anybody from the school. She sighed. She didn't see anyone.

<Hope> "Like a pincushion," Hope supplied, heading them toward the baggage claim.

<Carol> "Yeah I remember, but you brought that on yourself," She could argue the point that he brought the 'monsterisation' on himself too but opted for going inside before the President's daughter turned into an ice cube.

<@Christopher> "I was a work of art." Chris stuck his tongue out at her.

<Carol> "I wouldn't go that far..." Carol's eyes swept the crowd for potential threats.

<Hope> Hope just rolled her eyes and boldly walked herself in the correct direction. Carol could worry about threats. She just had to worry about facing her former roommate.

<@Christopher> Chris kept up with Hope silently muttering to himself that his art was never appreciated. "Critics..."

<Carol> Carol would worry because it was her ass on the line if anything happened to Hope on her watch and she had a reputation to maintain. "Whiners..." Carol muttered to his muttering.

<@Christopher> "Stuffy military brats." Chris shot back.

<Carol> "Stuffy?" She'd show him stuffy. Just later when there weren't security types that looked like they'd call Sentinels if she shot Chris through a window.

<Kat> Kat spotted Hope who was being trailed closely by some guy and another girl that looked vaguely familiar. She straightened her jacket, grabbed her bag, and started towards Hope with a huge slightly fake smile on her face.

<Hope> Hope couldn't help but smile at Kat. Maybe it was the scotch... but she hugged her.

<Kat> Kat was slightly taken aback from the hug Hope gave her, but she hugged back. "Hey Hope. Thanks for coming to get me."

<@Christopher> Chris gave the girl a wave. "Hi there. I'm Christopher Nord."

<Hope> "Hey no problem. I'm just glad you're alive," she grinned a bit.

<Carol> "He's a teacher at the school," Carol added for clarification, "And so am I, as well as SHIELD liason and glorified caretaker."

<@Christopher> "Art and Biology. I like to keep things informal though so you can just call me Chris." He gave her a warm smile.

<Hope> Hope shrugged a bit. "When people keep trying to kill me... Tony took security very seriously."

<Kat> Kat released Hope quickly when she saw Chris. "Katherine Pryde... You can call me Kat." She extended her hand. "Nice to meet you. And you too SHIELD liason... I'm sorry, didn't catch your name."

<@Christopher> Chris shook her hand. "It's nice to meet you."

<Kat> "Very nice indeed." Kat batted her eyelashes at him. Young and fit, Chris seemed like he'd be perfect to help her grab her bags. "Excuse me, Chris, could you help me grab my bags? They are a bit heavy I'm afraid."

<Carol> "Leiutenant Colonel Carol Danvers," Carol supplied.

<@Christopher> "Oh sure thing. That'll be easy enough." Chris picked them up for her. "Well damn you sure don't pack light." He laughed a little bit as he adjusted his grip.

<Hope> Hope couldn't help but roll her eyes. Some things never changed.

<Kat> Kat refocused her attention from Chris to Carol. "Nice to meet you ma'am."

<Kat> Kat jumped up and down and clapped a little. Thank God she didn't have to carry her bags, because they were packed. "Thanks, Chris, you are such a gentleman," she cooed.

<Carol> "Great... then let's get back to the car so we can go home."

<Hope> "Yeah, good plan..." Hope eyed Kat a bit. Definitely needed more scotch. She headed back toward the limo.

<Kat> "Sounds great," Kat followed after Hope, pleased at how her day was going.

<@Christopher> "To the limo!" Chris smiled and started off, bumping into a few people accidentally to give himself a little power to easily carry the luggage.

<Carol> Carol watched Chris weaving around and bumping people, "If it's too heavy, just hand it over..."

<@Christopher> "Nope not at all." Chris smiled. "Wasn't too heavy without powers either." He shrugged, he just wanted to make things easier.

<Carol> "Then stop nearly knocking these people over, their day's gonna suck enough without you adding to it."

<@Christopher> "Bite me miss priss, I've apologized to the people I hit." And it was only a few. Man he hated uptight people.

<Carol> "You shouldn't be hitting them at all," Carol rolled her eyes, "If you're going to fake being a gentleman, load up on energy before you come out like the rest of us."

<Hope> Hope sighed and picked up her pace. She kept telling herself that scotch was waiting in the car.

<Kat> Kat was giving herself whiplash trying to pay attention to where Hope was walking and to Chris. It was getting more difficult as Hope increased speed.

<@Christopher> "So you want me walking around glowing in public?" Chris just sighed, why did she have to come along? He caught up to Hope wanting to ignore Carol. "So dinner tonight at that nice steak place?"

<Carol> "Are you glowing right now?" Carol rolled her eyes yet again.

<Hope> "Uh yeah, sounds good. Carol, are you with me tonight?"

<Carol> Carol pulled her phone out of her pocket and looked at it... then hit it a couple of times. "... I have no idea, I broke another one."

<@Christopher> "How about you leave me alone about my mutation and worry bout yourself kay? I'm not some kid you can boss around. I'm a member of the staff as well and I expect some respect."

<Kat> Kat's mood fell. Chris just invited Hope to dinner. Are they together. Kat began to scowled and prayed there was lots of booze in the limo.

<Carol> "Then stop acting like a kid and earn it," Carol tossed her phone in the nearest trash bin, "Gonna guess at a yes, I vaguely remember cancelling dinner plans."

<Hope> "Ouch... sorry... I was thinking of taking Kat out to show her Boston. I'll buy you scotch..." she offered Carol as a peace offering with a smile.

<@Christopher> "You're supposed to recycle those. Battery's bad for the environment and all." Chris just rolled his eyes at her.

<@Christopher> "Oh yeah great idea. Dinner then cocktails." Chris smiled giving up on caring what Carol had to say.

<Kat> Kat smiled. Hope wasn't going to abandon her and it seemed like she was getting to have dinner with Chris. Sounded excellent. "Getting to know Boston sounds great, especially a good steak dinner. How's the shopping in Boston, Hope?"

<Carol> "If you're that worried, dig it out and recycle away..." She gave Hope a smile, "I'll take that offer."

<Hope> "Oh there is some excellent shopping. We can do that tomorrow, yeah?" Hope slid into the limo as soon as they arrived back at the car.

<Kat> "Shopping sounds perfect. I'm in." Kat followed Hope into the limo.

<Carol> Carol climbed in after them, "I can point out the better malls on our tour time tonight - I grew up here."

<@Christopher> Chris slid into the limo too. "I should probably check out my shop.... Mind giving me a ride on your way?"

<Kat> Kat smiled at Carol. "Thanks."

<Carol> "I guess I'm carrying the luggage up the stairs when we get back then?" So much for chivalry.

<@Christopher> "I was talking about tomorrow...." Chris just sighed.

<Carol> "Then maybe you should be more specific with your questions?"

<Hope> Hope picked up her glass of scotch and downed it. "We can drop you off tomorrow."

<@Christopher> "Well when we're talking about plans for tomorrow you'd assume I ment tomorrow."

<Carol> "You weren't talking about plans for tomorrow, we were. You were putting luggage in the trunk."

<Kat> Kat sensed frustration building. "Hey Hope, got any vodka in that bar?"

<Hope> Hope turned and dug through the bar, pulling out a bottle of the requested beverage. "Need a glass?"

<@Christopher> "So when did I get ostricized?"

<Kat> "I guess... I should keep it classy." Kat laughed.

<Hope> Hope laughed and handed her the bottle and a glass. "You should make the switch to scotch."

<Carol> "When you grew a penis." Carol picked up her glass and topped up her scotch.

<@Christopher> "And here I thought you didn't want to know anything about my penis, Carol you're such a bad girl." He pulled a face at her.

<Carol> "I don't but you insist on sharing anyway."

<@Christopher> "You're the one talking about it now."

<Carol> "You asked a question, I gave you an answer." She needed to be more drunk to deal with today. Today there was tmi and pda all over the place.

<Kat> "I'll consider it." She poured herself a healthy portion and downed it. Instantly, she began to relax amid the drama.

<@Christopher> Chris just rolled his eyes at her. "So I think I'll take one of those bottles. Sorry to be a bit crude, but a cup doesn't work to well with a healing factor."

<Hope> Hope poured herself a glass of scotch and handed the bottle over to Chris.

<@Christopher> "Thanks babe you're the best."

<Hope> Laughing, Hope kissed his cheek. "I don't even have to try."

<Carol> If he was drinking he would at least not be talking. "So... where's dinner tonight?" If she didn't think it would be super uncomfortable for Cessily, she'd ask if she could bring a date.

<Kat> A warning bell went off in Kat's brain when she heard Chris call Hope 'babe', but she chose to ignore it. She poured more vodka.

<@Christopher> "Little upscale steak place. Figured it'd be a treat for Hope, but I don't mind extra company. The more the merrier." He smiled taking a swig from the bottle.

<Carol> "I'm not going as an extra date, it's my freaking job." Like he had a choice whether she went or not.

<@Christopher> "It's not a date.... it's just dinner." Chris sighed. "Can you chill out for even a millisecond?"

<Carol> "Nope. No where near drunk enough for that... have you met me?"

<@Christopher> "Well then I'm going to have to get you fucked up cuz I can't stand this stick in the mud shit."

<Kat> "Sounds like a date." Kat quipped quietly from her corner. She was sad. And slightly pissed. Because of course Hope was with Chris. She could see it, even though nobody said a word. She'd have to fix that.

<Carol> "I'm working! I'm not allowed to relax. Chill your own ass out, you're not on duty twenty-four-seven trying to make sure mutant kids and staff stay alive and out of the media. I have a stressful job. You try being me for a day and see how long your good mood lasts."

<@Christopher> "Just because you have a stressful job doesn't mean you get to take it out on me. I'm not your personal punching bag."

<Hope> "Maybe you should both drink more scotch. Scotch for everyone!" Hope downed her glass.

<@Christopher> "I completely agree on this plan." Chris poured her some more and then took another swig of his own.

<Carol> "Stop baiting me into it then, jeez." She slouched in her seat and had another sip of scotch.

<Kat> Kat poured yet another drink. She briefly thought about changing the subject, but liked the drama. For once she wasn't the cause.

<@Christopher> Chris just ignored her again. "I'm serious though, my treat, no reason you can't enjoy doing your job." He sighed trying to be civil.

<Carol> She could think of plenty reasons. "I can pay for my own dinner."

<@Christopher> "Fine do whatever you want. I don't quite give a damn, I was just trying to be nice."

<Carol> "I don't need you to be nice, I need you to let me do my job and to stop pretending like you get a choice whether or not I come with you."

<Kat> "Well, Chris, I'll let you buy my dinner. That way you can still feel nice." Kat joked.

<@Christopher> Chris just ignored her completely this time. "Alright so dinner plans for three?" Chris looked over at Hope and pulled out his phone.

<Hope> Well. This was going to be a fun night. Hope took another drink. Fun indeed.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6