12/31 Instance: Dinner Crowd

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

12/31 Instance: Dinner Crowd

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after Comeback Kat, on the same evening.

<Christopher> Chris had driven himself and Kat to the resturaunt. Hope had said she was going to a little late, though Chris had forgotten why. He knew it was either homework or something to do with her job. "So you and Hope were roomies in the old school?"

<Christopher> Chris ordered himself some wine when the waiter came by. "Like Carol said I'm a teacher, newish I guess."

<Kat> "We were. We, uh, got off to a very rocky start. Had some differences regarding decorating." Kat ordered herself a dry white wine from the waitress. "I figured you for a recent addition to the teaching staff. I didn't remember you from before."

<Christopher> "I was a student before. I came back after the explosion. I knew they would need the help. Biology and chemistry are my specialties but I'm a pretty good artist I think."

<Kat> "Cool. I like biology... particularly the parts where you disect things. That was always the fun part in high school." Kat paused to take a drink of the wine that was just delivered. It was crisp and cool. "What did you do between being a student and a teacher?"

<Christopher> "Well I was married... but that didn't work out so well. So that was the other reason I came back. Wanted to be around friends."

<Kat> Kat frowned slightly. A divorcee? "I can relate to wanting to be around friends. That's why I wanted to come back. Well... I didn't make many friends when I was here last, but being around people who are the same as you... I get that."

<Christopher> "Oh? You should find some of the other students that share interests with you. I'm sure there's a few. And I'm pretty easy to get along with." Chris gave her a smile. "And it's mostly to have a safe place to learn your powers. "If I'd kept up what I was doing I would have probably killed someone. I used to do martial arts, competitions and everything."

<Kat> Kat grinned. "Me too! I am a brown belt in Judo. Threw myself into the sport after I got attacked. Big into competitions. Don't let my size fool you. I can kick some serious ass."

<Christopher> "Heh we'll have to spar sometime. I don't know if I remember much Judo I only took a few classes but I was a black belt in a few styles of karate and I was pretty good at tai chi." Chris sipped at his wine. "I should really practice more but I usually destroy things." He laughed.

<Kat> Kat laughed along with Chris. She'd love to take him to the mat. She let herself drift into a fantasy for a moment. "So, Professor Nord, how'd you meet Hope? Is she one of your students?"

<Christopher> "Well we met when I was still a student and she first got here. But I don't teach any classes that she takes, It'd be a conflict of interests." Chris searched the menu a little contemplating what he should order. "When I got back we sort of got together to comfort each other. We've been through some crazy shit since we've been together though. But that seems to come with being a mutant."

<Kat> Kat frowned as she perused the menu. Together? This was going to be harder than she though. "How long have y'all been together. Like really together?"

<Christopher> "Getting close to a year if I remember right." Chris didn't want to tell her about him basically being dead to her for the last few months since he was kidnapped.

<Kat> This information didn't deter Kat. She scooted her chair slightly closer to Chris, and leaning in to him. Just because Hope has him, doesn't mean he can't change his mind... with some help. Batting her eyelashes and clutching her menu, she said, " I just love a thick piece of meat... what do you recommend?"

<Christopher> "Well any of their steaks are pretty good. I've only tried the New York strip and ribeye so far though." Chris completely missed her batting her eyelashes at him. Going between a long relationship with Greer and Hope he had forgotten what flirting looked like.

<Kat> Kat stumbled a little bit. Nothing. No reaction. "Thanks for the recommendation." When the waitress reappeared she ordered the New York strip, medium rare. She had to change tactics. But how?

<Christopher> Chris ordered the same and got a bottle of both their wine's and some scotch for when Hope got there. "You're quite welcome. So I should expect to see you in my class when I get them started up gain huh?"

<Kat> Kat scooted her chair even closer to Chris. She leaned her body closer to him. "Definitely. Would love to take your biology class. But fair warning, I'll take advantage of your office hours. It may just be me and you, for the entire time, working through the content, going deeper. I love to dive right in."

<Christopher> "Hey now I gotta have some time for my other students and my art." Chris laughed a little and wondered why she kept getting closer. "I'm sure I can arrange a schedule for extra lessons if you need help though or an advanced class maybe?"

<Kat> Kat purposefully dropped her napkin. She leaned down to pick it up from the floor, as she came back up ever so lightly grazed Chris on the leg with her finger. She gazed up at Chris with her big hazel eyes, praying he'd make a move.

<Christopher> Chris jumped a little. "Oh uhmm hey you okay?" He moved away so she'd have more room. "I'm sure they'll bring you a new one since that one fell on the floor. Chris flagged down the waitress.

<Kat> Kat jerked up. "Uh Thanks. I have to go to the ladies room. Please excuse me." She all but leaped out of her chair, threw the napkin down, and stalked off to the restroom to regain her composure.

<Hope> Hope made her way through the dining room, already telling a waiter she needed scotch. Pronto. Who cared if it wasn't their waiter. She slid into the seat next to Chris with a smile. "Hey, sorry I'm late. Did I miss anything?"

<Christopher> "Uhmm yeah okay." Chris gave her a confused look. "Oh hey Hope." He smiled and leaned over to give her a kiss. "Nope not at all, just a little chit chatting."

<Hope> "Ah good, sorry that took so long. Issues at the club." She glanced at the menu, grabbing up her glass of scotch once it was on the table.

<Kat> Kat paced the bathroom. The way she figured it she had two choices. A) She could catch a cab to a club and drink the humiliation away and avoid Chris for the rest of oh... forever. OR B) She could freshen up her make-up, go back to the table with a smile, and figure that this might be a slow process.

<Christopher> "Oh hey you didn't need to order that I got you a good bottle already." He pulled it out from behind the wine to hand it to her.

<Kat> She decided to go with plan B and headed back to the table.

<Hope> "Perfect! Plenty more, then." She downed the first glass and poured herself another.

<Christopher> Chris laughed a little. "That a good one?" He looked over the label noticing it was a pretty old vintage. "Though I've never noticed the difference between the fancy stuff and the cheap stuff."

<Kat> Kat returned to the table and saw that Hope had finally joined them. She needed a heavier drink than this wine. "Hi Hope. Glad you could join us." She smiled a smile that never reached her eyes. She grabbed a waitress and order a double vodka on the rocks.

<Hope> "Oh Chris... there is all the difference! In both taste and texture. Really? After all the scotch you've had?" She shook her head, disappointed, but poured another glass. "Hey Kat," she smiled at her.

<Christopher> Chris just shrugged. "I guess I never really paid attention since I have to drink a lot, fast to even get drunk."

<Kat> Kat decided to turn her attention to Hope. Her former roommate had the potential to be a good friend, and well Kat needed those. She'd figure out the whole I want your boyfriend thing later. After a nap... and more vodka. "We missed you. What was the hold up?"

<Hope> "Oh... sorry. Club business." She took a sip of her scotch. "Slap an inhibitor on. Makes life easier for that."

<Kat> "Club? Like a night club?" Kat was intrigued. "Is it a hot spot?"

<Hope> She nearly snorted her drink, but grinned. "The Hellfire Club. It's... actually. I'll take you there. It's... high end."

<Kat> Kat took a long draw of her newly acquired drink. "Thanks. That'd be great!"

<Christopher> Chris froze for a minute, the idea of being without his powers not able to protect the people he cared about scared the crap out of him. "I'll...uhmm pass. Maybe I'll just have to let you teach me the finer points of good alcohol." Chris felt a little anxiety build causing him to feel sick.

<Hope> Oblivious to Chris' plight, Hope kept on. "Lots of cuuuuute guys there too."

<Kat> Looking directly at Chris, Kat stated, "Mmmm. cute guys and booze. My kind of night!" She bit her lower lip, took a deep breath and refocused herself. Look at Hope... Look at Hope. NOT CHRIS.

<Hope> Hope caught another waitress to tell them she required salmon. And that no peanuts better touch her plate. In any form or fashion. Was that even their waitress? Eh. She took another drink.

<Christopher> "I made sure they don't use peanut oil too. Called ahead." He gave her a smile. "Sounds like a fun girls night out. No finding a better date than me though now Hope." Chris laughed a little.

<Hope> "Then come with us," she picked up a breadstick from the table and took a bite of it.

<Christopher> "I do make good arm candy don't I?" Chris did a few playful moves to show off his stuff.

<Kat> Kat watched as Chris flirted with Hope. Seriously? He could flirt but couldn't receive it. She drained her drink and raised her glass to signify the need for a refill.

<Hope> Hope laughed, taking another bite. After swallowing, she continued. "Yeah, something like that." She smiled at him.

<Christopher> Chris was still sipping at his wine. "You know I really wasn't that much into alcohol until we got together actually. My poison was pot." He laughed a little.

<Hope> Hope made a face. She had smoked that with Johnny. The memory required more scotch. "Scotch is way better. Also legal."

<Kat> Kat grinned. "Um I disagree... Vodka is better. Muuuuch better."

<Christopher> "I'll admit scotch is pretty damn good." Chris saw their food coming. "Oh hey sweet dinner is served." He gave the waitress a smile.

<Kat> Kat was thankful for the arrival of food and a fresh drink. Something to occupy them, and take away her suffering.