1/17 Instance: Ovarian Explosion

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/17 Instance: Ovarian Explosion

Post by Slarti »

Timelined Jan. 16

<Paige> Paige smiled down at baby Miriam, holding her carefully as she rocked her in the chair of the Shaw's nursery. She touched the baby's cheek gently, then let the baby latch onto her finger. She kissed the baby's forehead, then went right back to smiling at the baby. "So precious."

<Bobby> Bobby was inspecting the happy duckies on the nursery wall, listening to Jess rustle around down the hall in the bedroom she shared with her shark. This was so, so much better than last year, when he and Paige had to pack this room up.

<Paige> "Oh big yawn," Paige smiled at the baby, perfectly content with life for the moment. "She's so tiny."

<Bobby> "Yeah," he said, wandering back over. "I never got that. The bump looks so big and then the person is itty bitty." Bobby watched the little girl go back to sucking on Paige's finger.

<Paige> Paige bit her bottom lip and looked up at Bobby. She swallowed a bit. "Yes. I know what you mean."

<Bobby> He met Paige's eyes and... oh. Oh. She was giving him the face. Bobby swallowed harshly, throat suddenly dry.

<Paige> She shifted the baby to her chest, with her head on her shoulder. She nuzzled the baby gently, wrapping the blanket more securely around her. It was then that she looked back over at Bobby's eyes. They should have one. She could do this.

<Bobby> Well, and now that he couldn't actually see the baby, just the blanket, he could almost imagine what it would be like... Bobby bent and kissed Paige's forehead.

<Paige> Paige closed her eyes, smiling at him. "Do you want to hold her?"

<Bobby> "I'm... good. Maybe in a few..." There was the reminder that was shark baby.

<Jessica> After putting away the last few items, Jess closed the wardrobe and tossed the laundry basket back into its corner before heading back to the nursery.

<Paige> Laughing softly, she nuzzled the baby again. "I love the way they smell." She rubbed the baby's back, smile still glued to her face.

<Jessica> "Do you now? Say that in half an hour when she poops." Jess leaned against the door frame, watching Paige.

<Paige> Paige laughed again, looking over at Jess. "Well... not that smell. But just... their smell in general." She carefully got up out of the chair, holding Miriam securely.

<Bobby> "Mmm, that new baby smell." Bobby was now completely outnumbered, and grinned at the women.

<Jessica> Jess straightened up in case Paige was preparing to hand the tiny bundle of baby back to her.

<Bobby> Bobby really doubted Jess was getting that baby back any time soon.

<Paige> Indeed Paige was handing Miriam back over, though she didn't want to. Well, she had every intention of handing the baby back over. Until she tried. It was difficult. "Your mommy is here," Paige finally told Miriam, carefully passing her back to Jess.

<Jessica> Jess took her daughter gently and cuddled her close, pressing a kiss to the top of her head. "Really I should put her in her cot but... I don't want to leave her unattended...."

<Bobby> "Yeah, so how is the mommy game?" Bobby decided it was time to do the dance of distraction.

<Paige> "I don't blame you," Paige admitted, sliding her arms around Bobby.

<Bobby> Bobby gave Paige a kiss and rested his head against her.

<Jessica> "It's okay so far... but it's easier to sleep at the moment because she's not kicking the crap out of my guts."

<Paige> "Well that's an improvement," Paige smiled over at Jess. "How are you feeling?"

<Jessica> "Honestly? Relieved." She laughed, "I was soooo done with being pregnant."

<Paige> Laughing, Paige smiled. "But it's worth it. You have a precious baby girl now."

<Bobby> Bobby snickered. "Ready to get started on number two?"

<Jessica> Jess shook her head, "Noooooooooo."

<Paige> Paige laughed and nudged Bobby a bit.

<Bobby> "Awww, but this one seemed to turn out okay. No shark teeth or anything!" Bobby put on his best grin.

<Jessica> Jess poked her tongue out at Bobby.

<Bobby> Bobby returned the favor. "Yet."

<Jessica> "She's a human, not a shark. No gills." Jess nuzzled her baby, "You ignore Bobby, he's ridiculous."

<Paige> Paige just giggled and rested her head on Bobby. "No, she's just beautiful."

<Bobby> "Yeah, I know, you're right. She is." Bobby gave Paigey a kiss and moved back over to Jess. "Do I get to hold her?"

<Jessica> "Depends... are you going to check for fins or teeth? Because if so, no."

<Bobby> He laughed. "No, I promise I'll be good." Bobby wriggled his fingers. "I even showered today, so I'm clean and everything!"

<Jessica> Jess shifted the weight of Miriam and carefully passed her over. "Uncle Bobby."

<Paige> Unable to do anything but smile at that, Paige just watched Bobby with the baby.

<Bobby> "Awww, I'm uncle Bobby!" He cheered quietly and took the baby with just as much care and cradled her against his chest. Yeah... he kind of did miss this part.

<Jessica> "Of course you are, why would you be anything less?" Jess smiled at him, "You're my best friend."

<Bobby> "Thanks, Jessie..." He smiled at her and then turned his attention back to the little girl, making faces even though she was sound asleep. She might have her father's dark hair, but thank God she didn't have his face.

<Paige> If it was possible to feel ovaries hurt, Paige would have. She swallowed and took a moment to look around the nursery.

<Jessica> Jess plopped down in the rocking chair, lifting her feet off the floor to let it rock back and forth until it stopped on its own. That chair was a good buy.

<Bobby> After whispering to the baby for a while, Bobby looked up to find Paige.

<Paige> Paige was looking back over at Bobby, stopping her examination of the room to meet his eyes.

<Bobby> He smiled slowly. They could do this.

<Paige> She smiled back at him. Yes!

<Jessica> The feelings floating around the room were not lost on Jess. ".... Do I need to tell you to get a room?"

<Bobby> He cleared his throat quietly and looked at Jess. "Aheh?"

<Jessica> "I don't have to be an empath to know what you're thinking of right now... give me back my baby before you corrupt her by osmosis..." she held her hands out.

<Paige> Face bright red, Paige tucked her blonde hair behind her ear. "Sorry..."

<Bobby> "I swear I'm not osmoting her..." Bobby was not terribly ashamed and so he just poked his tongue out at Jess and cuddled the baby closer.

<Jessica> "If her first word is 'boobies', I'm going to be very upset with you."

<Paige> "I don't think you can blame that one totally on Bobby..." Paige pointed out.

<Bobby> "That would entirely be you Shark's fau- ha! See!"

<Jessica> "Sebastian would think twice before teaching her that - you wouldn't."

<Bobby> "He would?" Bobby rather doubted that, and told Miriam so. To his surprise, the little girl blinked up at him with sleepy - and very blue – eyes.

<Paige> "Ripley hasn't said anything too bad," Paige pointed out.

<Jessica> "Yeah but Ripley's his kid so everyone would give him the dodgy looks. She says 'boobies' in a store and everyone'll look at me."

<Bobby> "Details..." He was still distracted by the blue eyes, and any children he had with Paige would probably have their blue eyes. Smiling, he babbled at the baby, watching the girl attempt to focus on his face.

<Paige> Paige inched closer so she could look over at the baby too, smiling down at her.

<Jessica> "The devil's in the details," Jess mumbled, resting her head back against the chair and staring at the ceiling for a few moments before shutting her eyes.

<Bobby> "Morbid," he pointed out, since there was nothing wrong with his ears in an enclosed room either. "Mommy's being morbid, isn't she? Isn't she? That means she wants you back!" He grinned at Paige and gave her a kiss, then went back to Jess.

<Paige> Grinning back after their kiss, Paige watched him take the baby to Jess. "Is there anything we can do to help, Jess? Laundry? Dishes?"

<Jessica> "Order me pizza? I forgot where I put my phone..." She turned her head sideways to look beseechingly at Paige as she took Miriam back.

<Paige> She smoothed out Jess' hair and nodded, smiling. "Of course. What do you want on it?"

<Jessica> "Always vegetarian. I'm boring that way." She smiled back at Paige.

<Paige> "Coming right up. Bobby do we want pizza too?"

<Bobby> "You even have to ask? We always want pizza!"

<Paige> "Yay pizza!" Paige dialed the number so she could order their pizzas.

<Jessica> "Woohoo!" Jess quietly cheered, the gentle rocking of the chair and the familiar presence of her mother was lulling Miriam back into sleep.