1/21 Instance: Just Friends

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/21 Instance: Just Friends

Post by Slarti »

Timeline - concurrent to Newborn Animosity

<Hope> Hope had invited Shinobi to join her on her 'camping trip' to the Ritz Carlton. She needed out of the house and away from the newborn that she wasn't yet ready to face. Plus, there was something wonderful about hotel robes. She lay in her's, sprawled out on the couch of the Presidential Suite living area, texting on her phone as usual.

<Shinobi> While there was nothing wrong with his room at his father's house, the bathroom at this hotel had a Jacuzzi tub. Shinobi was completely unashamed of his love of this thing, and just finished a rather lengthy soak. Now, freshly shaved and with wet hair, he wandered into the living room of the suite.

<Hope> The movement caught her attention and she glanced up, smirking. Damn he looked good. She followed a drop of water as it dripped from his hair, down his chest. "So... nice bath?"

<Shinobi> "Nice is an understatement." He noticed where her attention was and smirked to himself, joining her on the sofa. "I highly recommend." He could also recommend ways to improve the bath, and that there was room for two, but he refrained.

<Hope> "I'll have to try it out,” she smirked, shifting so she could see him better, sitting up properly. She watched another drop of water fall, watching it before snapping her eyes back up to his eyes.

<Shinobi> He laughed. "This is hardly fair, as I can't see anything but fluffy white robe." Shinobi reached over and flicked the dangling end of the tie.

<Hope> She laughed and watched his hands, eyes going back to his face once her robe was safe. "Poor Obi. Though you've already seen... everything," she pointed out.

<Shinobi> "That is true, although it was hardly the best situation to enjoy the view..." He shifted to turn toward her, sitting on one leg, and parked his elbow on the back of the sofa, resting his chin on the heel of his hand to give her a thorough once-over.

<Hope> "I guess you're right. Such a shame." She kept her eyes on him, studying his face. She could fix that for him. Easily. "Despite the lovely rumors, it isn't every day someone gets such a view."

<Shinobi> "Well, then I feel honored you fell from heaven just for me." He smirked. "Or at least from the kitchen."

<Hope> Laughing, Hope moved her hand to his arm on the back of the couch, touching it lightly. "You should be deeply honored."

<Shinobi> He drew in a breath, watching the movement of her hand.

<Hope> She sighed, catching herself and removing her hand just as quickly as it had landed there. "I waited for you to order room service."

<Shinobi> "Oh? Well, thank you." He extended his arm across the back of the sofa, his fingertips brushing the fluffy fabric of her robe. "Wings and beer again?"

<Hope> "It is game day," she smiled at him. "What else would we have?"

<Shinobi> "Oh, so I'm getting another hockey lesson?" Shinobi returned the smile, watching her face.

<Hope> "The next of many," she assured him, grinning widely. "By the time I'm done, you'll be a huge Penguins fan... or you'll hate the sport." She shifted her hand to rest on top of his on the back of the couch.

<Shinobi> The implications of that, and her gentle touch, made his smile soften. "Well, apparently I'm supposed to visit Pittsburgh with my father sometime once things settle a bit, so I suppose that gives me a head start?"

<Hope> "I like Pittsburgh. I'm glad you two are doing things together." She gave his hand a squeeze. "You'll have a great head start and a talking point with anyone in the city."

<Shinobi> "And I will be sure to tell them you've spoken for that Crosby guy." He moved his hand to interlace their fingers and leaned his head back. "Doing things together... I suppose..."

<Hope> "You better," she teased, squeezing his hand again. "It's good to do things with your dad. Now that I have one, I still hardly see him, even when I stay in DC."

<Shinobi> "I suppose he is a little busy." Shinobi looked at the contrast of her pale skin against his. "And you're here."

<Hope> "With you," she used her free hand to tap his nose gently. "But I do need to go back soon. British royal family is coming in."

<Shinobi> He swallowed, wanting to ask her why. Again. Why really. Wait. "Oh yeah? The royal family... so it's tea time. Like a small flock of Jessicas."

<Hope> Laughing, she nodded. "Yeah kind of. The Queen... I'm sure William and Kate with the kids. Maybe Harry. Tony said we'd have a big state dinner for them. And that I have to go. And no it's not an option..." she looked up, trying to remember what else. "And yes I had to look presentable."

<Shinobi> Shinobi reached with his free hand and coiled a curl around his index finger. "You always look presentable, Ariel."

<Hope> That made her smile softly. "Thank you. I'll keep that in mind, Obi." She ran her thumb over his hand gently. "But I wanted to tell you before I left."

<Shinobi> "Thanks," he said, looking down with a wry grin. "This time I'll try to keep myself under control."

<Hope> She laughed and sighed a little. "Let's hope you don't go thinking I ran away again."

<Shinobi> "Well, I haven't done anything to make you run," he pointed out. "This time."

<Hope> Smiling, she brushed his wet hair back a bit. "Technically, you didn't make me run last time."

<Shinobi> He closed his eyes, enjoying the touch.

<Hope> "Do you still want to come with me to the school? I need the rest of my things from there," she asked, finally satisfied with the way his hair lay.

<Shinobi> "Sure," he finally responded and opened his eyes, sitting up a little. "I've never seen it. Never saw the old school, either."

<Hope> "It's actually pretty cool... now that it doesn’t look like a construction zone. Hey, you might even make some friends." She gave him a reassuring smile, stroking his hand again.

<Shinobi> "I suppose anything is possible... Cortez seemed to feel at home." If only he had taken his sister with him.

<Hope> "Friends are a good thing to have supposedly. I've never been too good at that."

<Shinobi> "Is that what we are?"

<Hope> Hope's eyes locked onto his, weighing his words. Were they? Well of course they were but that wasn't what he was asking. She swallowed, taking her time. "Well...." Wasn't it usually the girls who asked crap like this? She felt like a man! It sucked!

<Shinobi> The corner of his mouth twitched at her discomfort. This was far more enlightening than he'd expected. Sliding a little closer, he located a lock of her hair out of place and tucked it back, watching her closely all the while.

<Hope> Her mind raced, trying to come up with an answer. It was much harder to do with him that close and touching her. "Friends yes... but... I think... moving to a bit more." She watched him closely to read his reaction.

<Shinobi> "A bit more, yeah..." His eyes were on her mouth as she spoke, then he met her gaze.

<Hope> "Yeah, more." she repeated, still watching him.

<Shinobi> He smiled and threaded his fingers into her hair, cupping her jaw and stroking her cheek with his thumb.

<Hope> She met his smile, relaxing a little, but unable to entirely with his hand in her hair and on her face. She slid her own fingers from her free hand to his cheek, resting them there.

<Shinobi> It would be so easy, and he struggled to swallow with a dry throat. After a moment of thought, he moved in and kissed her forehead, lingering there for a moment.

<Shinobi> The moment felt interminable, but he pulled away with a sigh and moved to the other side of the sofa. “One of these days, I won’t let you off so easy there,” he said with a smirk, running his hand through his damp hair.

<Hope> Hope's eyes closed as he got close, smiling at his kiss. She moved so she could sit with her back against him, head back against his chest and pulled his arm around her. "But it is not today," she told him softly, handing him the remote for the TV.

<Shinobi> "No, not today." She smelled fantastic, and though surprised settled in quickly with her. He kissed her once more through her hair, pausing to breath in her scent, then turned on the television to look for the hockey game.