1/22 Instance: A Little Dangerous

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

1/22 Instance: A Little Dangerous

Post by Slarti »

Timelined right after Kat Fight

<Hope> With that hussy Kat gone, Hope had been forced to pause her packing so she could pick up the lamp that was now broken. She chunked it in the trash and used Jean's power to pick up the glass and move it into the trash can too. "Bitch." Throwing open the closet door, Hope began throwing clothes onto the bed.

<Shinobi> The building he was in was huge, and he'd seen several others on the property as well. There was no way he was venturing back outside in the snow to check out any others, so after a couple of false starts he managed to find the room Hope had shown him when they first arrived.

<Shinobi> Since the door was partially open, he knocked on the frame before he went inside. "Hey, I made it."

<Hope> "Good," she snapped, throwing another set of clothes onto the bed and pausing, running her hand through her hair. "Sorry... I'm glad you found your way back."

<Shinobi> That gave him pause, and then he really looked at her. "Hope... what the hell happened? You're bleeding!" Shinobi was around the bed quickly, now noticing that some of the disorder in the room looked like more than just hasty packing.

<Hope> "I'm what?" She touched her cheek, wincing. When she looked down at her fingers, she exhaled angrily. "Fucking bitch. I should have called David on her. Should still!" She left him to move to the bathroom, finding a wash cloth and shoving it under the faucet. "Apparently. I broke Chris."

<Shinobi> "Your ex?" He followed her and took the cloth, pushing her hair back and tucking it behind her ear. "A girl did this?" He was confused, and crouched slightly to carefully clean away the blood.

<Hope> She dropped the cloth when he took it, leaning against the counter instead. "Yeah. Kat. My old roommate from the old school. I think she has a thing for him. Said I broke him. When she didn't like what I had to say... she jumped me."

<Shinobi> "She... jumped you. For breaking up?" Shinobi frowned, dabbing around the cut on her cheekbone. "You should call David, you're going to have a nasty bruise."

<Hope> "I'm not calling David. Then he'll have to be my absolute shadow here too. I can just heal it and wash my face." She reasoned, looking up at his eyes. "I'm guessing he didn't take it well so she's blaming me."

<Shinobi> "Isn't that... his problem?" He met her eyes briefly with a small, crooked smile. It looked terrible, and now that he'd cleaned up the cut he realized her hair was a mess as well. "I hope she at least got a black eye out of this."

<Hope> Hope smiled and stroked his cheek a bit, nodding. "She'll have a nasty bruise... and she isn't easily able to heal herself." She used David's power and immediately felt some relief as the wound started to heal. "How bad is my hair? She grabbed that first."

<Shinobi> "It's gorgeous, of course." He gave her a smirk and tried to help it along a little. "Might need a brush..."

<Hope> Hope pouted and tried to fix her hair. "I hate Kat Pryde. We've never gotten along. And here I tried to be nice. I picked her up at the airport."

<Shinobi> The name rang no bells, and he shrugged, noticing her cut had healed and making a last swipe with the cloth to clean her up before dropping it back in the sink. "I thought we weren't supposed to be nice?"

<Hope> "This is what being nice got me. I'm trying so hard to do the right thing and turn everything around, and I just keep hitting opposition."

<Shinobi> Shinobi made a face. "Well then, fuck them." She still looked horribly upset, so he decided to attempt something nice himself, stepping in to slide his arms around her for a hug.

<Hope> Hope was shocked to say the least. It took her a moment, but she wrapped her arms around him tightly, hugging him back and snuggling into his chest. Who cared about Kat or what she thought?

<Shinobi> It was nice, and so he held her, leaning in to nuzzle her messy hair for a moment before he rested his cheek against her head. This was certainly a different experience from hugging Jessica that time...

<Hope> It was easy for forget about Kat, Chris, the media, and everyone else. She just closed her eyes and stayed there, relaxing finally as she nuzzled him back.

<Shinobi> Shinobi gave her a slight squeeze and closed his eyes. She always smelled like peppermint and he rubbed her back soothingly, losing track of time.

<Hope> "Thank you, Obi," she mumbled against him, but made no motion to move. Ever.

<Shinobi> It took him a moment to decide how to respond. "For what?"

<Hope> "Just being you," she told him, laughing a little and looking up at him. "And being here."

<Shinobi> "Well, I don't disagree that I'm fantastic company..." He smirked down at her, tucking another piece of wild red hair back.

<Hope> "The very best," she agreed, smiling up at him. She started to say something else, but his smirk distracted her.

<Shinobi> "However, most people don't seem so enamored with me, for some strange reason." He honestly was surprised he hadn't been jumped in the halls himself, and had stayed partially phased during most of his exploration.

<Hope> "Well that's their loss," she reasoned, touching his cheek gently. "I'm sure they'll come around. Everyone around here has done stuff like that at one time or another. Mostly."

<Shinobi> "Everyone?" He laughed a little, watching her face and playing with her hair.

<Hope> "Mostly. Pretty sure perfect princess Paige hasn't, but other than that, yeah," she laughed, getting caught in his gaze again.

<Shinobi> "She's the... aggressively perky blonde, yeah?" He laughed a little, then caught her eyes and smiled.

<Hope> "That's the one. Drake's fiancee." She smiled back at him, running her fingers through his hair. At least his still looked fantastic.

<Shinobi> "It's actually kind of... empty. Here. Considering the size of the ... whole thing." He lost track of what he was saying when she started stroking his hair.

<Hope> She brushed his mind gently with her own, using Jean's power. Ever mindful that it was much more powerful than Sebastian's, Hope kept it in check as she reached out to him. And better abilities.

<Shinobi> It felt different and he sucked in a surprised breath. I can tell...

<Hope> She grinned, biting her lower lip a bit. It's not too much is it? I can drop it.

<Shinobi> No, it's just... really clear. His own shielding wasn't fantastic, and now he was sure she could catch most of his stray thoughts.

<Hope> She smiled at that, playing with his hair again. It was so soft.

<Shinobi> I condition, he managed, with a completely straight face, but his amusement colored his mental voice. This is strange... like the best reception ever.

<Hope> She blushed slightly, slipping her hand to his cheek and stroking that. Your thoughts in HD.

<Shinobi> That could be dangerous. He smirked.

<Hope> I like a bit of danger, she told him, stroking his cheek gently still.

<Shinobi> I don't know if you're ready for that. He tried to keep a lid on his stray thoughts, and his eyes on her face.

<Hope> She wasn't sure either, but she kept that to herself. With his mind so clear, his gaze so strong, Hope couldn't wait any longer. Her resolve broke and she leaned up to him, searching for his lips.

<Shinobi> Shinobi wasn't going to second guess her, so after a moment of surprise he bent into the soft kiss.

<Hope> It was hard not to smile in the kiss, but she barely managed it. When she ended it, she finally smiled, moving her arms to wrap around his neck instead of his back. Just a little is okay, she reasoned.

<Shinobi> Just a little... Licking his lips, he lowered his head and kissed her again, closing his eyes and lingering. For a simple kiss, it was intense, and that intensity surprised him.

<Hope> Hope returned the kiss, closing her eyes and allowing herself to enjoy it as she stayed close to him. She had nothing else to say. It was exactly how she'd imagined it.

<Shinobi> Eyes still closed, he smiled, picking up her stray thought through the open link, and brushed his nose against hers. She was right.