2/8 Instance: Clueless Cook

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

2/8 Instance: Clueless Cook

Post by JackSkulls »

Timelined First Day of Blizzard

<Clint> Clint had set about making breakfast all morning, he knew Natasha well enough to make her exactly what she would want and planned to surprise her on their first snow day with breakfast in bed. He did his best to make as little noise as possible even though the bacon splattered him a few times. When it was all finally finished he carefully took it into her on a tray. "Hey sunshine. Time to get up."

<Natasha> Mumbling a bit as she opened her eyes, Natasha smiled a bit. "What time is it?" she asked, rubbing her eyes and sitting up.

<Clint> "Nine A.M." Clint held the tray out so she could see the surprises he'd made for her. "Time for breakfast."

<Natasha> "You... cooked?" She asked, blinking in surprise. Was it edible? Did he even know how to cook?

<Clint> "Y...yeah?" Clint frowned a little. "I only burned three pancakes before I got it right."

<Natasha> "Only three?" she asked, slightly impressed by so few. She smiled and patted the bed for him to join her.

<Clint> "And maybe a piece of bacon, but apparently rocket really likes burned bacon. Or maybe just any bacon we should shut the door before he gets in here." Clint moved to shut the door before his pet could come beg.

<Natasha> "He isn't going to attack the baby is he? I know cats don't like babies..."

<Clint> "I don't think he will... but I'd turn his ass into a pin cushion before he ever got a chance baby." Clint kissed her cheek. "He's a pretty nice little guy..."

<Natasha> "I know he is with us, but babies kind of change things, you know?"

<Clint> "I know... I just don't know what to do with the poor guy. I guess I can look for a sanctuary for him if he shows any aggressive behavior?"

<Natasha> "That sounds like a good plan... if he even does. I'm sure he'll be just fine."

<Clint> "Especially if we putter him up with bacon, then he'll be too fat to keep up with the baby." Clint sat on the bed with her. "You should eat before it gets cold baby."

<Natasha> She should... but she was slightly scared of the food. She put on her best smile, bravely picking up the fork and trying to decide what was safe to eat. "It looks delicious."

<Clint> Clint knew that look, it was the same look she gave when she didn't want to try something new because of how it might taste. "You really think I'd poison the mother of my child....." He was a little upset, he'd tried really hard to make her the best breakfast he could.

<Natasha> "No.... not until now!" She eyed the food again, swallowing hard. Nope! She quickly passed him the tray and made a dash for the bathroom.

<Clint> "Is it really that bad...." Clint frowned and moved the tray over to go check on her. Now he felt useless. "I followed the recipes." He tried to argue with himself not trying to convince his wife who was getting sick that it was good.

<Natasha> Head reading on her arms, hanging over the toilet, Tasha sighed to herself, muttering in Russian. Of course he was trying, but the smell of that bacon. Or just the thought of bacon... she was sick again.

<Clint> "Natasha...." Clint moved in and helped to hold her hair back and away. "And here I thought this blizzard was going to be perfect."

<Natasha> Flushing the toilet, she leaned back against him, trying to steady herself. "We're having a baby... it is perfect."

<Clint> "Mmhm." He gave her a weak smile. "You okay honey?" Clint only moved long enough to get her a wash rag and soak it with warm water.

<Natasha> She laughed a little. "Well yeah. This happens every morning. You're usually gone by the time it does."

<Clint> "Oh, morning sickness baby?" Clint offered her the warm washcloth and rubbed her back with his dry hand.

<Natasha> She buried her face in the washcloth and nodded.

<Clint> "Maybe I can heat it up in a bit and we can eat brunch." Clint snuggled up with her on the cold tile floor and held her gently.

<Natasha> "Maybe lunch..." she muttered, snuggling into him. "Or dinner."

<Clint> "Really...? I'm sorry." Clint placed gentle kisses on the back of her neck. "Is that why the bathroom is always so immaculate?"

<Natasha> "You mean it isn't always?" she asked, looking back at him with a smile.

<Clint> "You know you don't have to clean so much honey." He pressed his cheek to hers. "I can pull my weight too."

<Natasha> "You do pull your weight. You go to work every day and do dangerous things," she pointed out, nuzzling his cheek. "I can at least cook and clean house."

<Clint> "I can take care of my two favorite people in the world too." Clint carefully pulled her hair back into a messy pony tail.

<Natasha> She laughed softly and nodded. "Yes, yes you can. You're doing that right now."

<Clint> Clint kissed behind her ear softly. "It's my favorite thing to do honey."

<Natasha> "Now that I'm in here... a hot bath sounds amazing." She glanced over at the tub.

<Clint> "Want me to make you some tea too?" Clint carefully got up and moved to turn on the water for, his hand slipped under the water briefly to make sure it wasn't too hot or cold.

<Natasha> "Ooo some mint tea sound amazing, babe." She moved to the sink to brush her teeth.

<Clint> Clint went to put water on to boil. "Honey?" He came back and leaned on the door frame watching her with a smile.

<Natasha> She nodded, grinning around her toothbrush.

<Clint> The grin just made him laugh a little. "You look ridiculous you know that right?" Clint moved up next to her so he could brush his own teeth.

<Natasha> She grinned more and bumped him with her hip gently, leaning over to spit in the sink. "So do you!"

<Clint> "I always look ridiculous." He managed to get out through the foam from brushing his teeth.

<Natasha> Tasha rinsed out her mouth and gave him a loud kiss on his shoulder. "You going to join me?"

<Clint> His face went a little red. "Why wouldn't I?" Clint rinsed his mouth out and then wiped off his face. "Who would help you wash all the parts you can't reach."

<Natasha> She blushed a little with him, wrapping her arms around him tightly. "I love you, Mr. Barton."

<Clint> "I love you more Mrs. Barton." Clint kissed her forehead. "Still want that tea?"

<Natasha> "After we get cleaned up," she decided, looking up at him. "Then tea and maybe some dry pancakes."

<Clint> "Lemme go turn off the stove." His lips pressed to hers softly before he slowly pulled away to go turn off the stove top.

<Natasha> Tasha watched him, smiling a bit before finally moving to undress and get into that tub. Maybe this snow wasn't so bad after all.