2/6 Instance: Special Snowflakes

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/6 Instance: Special Snowflakes

Post by Slarti »

Timelined around the start of the blizzard

<Bobby> "...it gets a little lonely, all these empty rooms... just watching the time go byyyy!" Bobby tick-tocked, rocking Ripley in his arms in front of the window and laughing at her high-pitched giggles.

<Paige> Paige slid in behind him, wrapping her arms around his waist and giggling with Ripley. "Hardly lonely here though!"

<Bobby> "Nope! Not lonely at all." Bobby freed one arm to wrap around Paigey and draw her closer. "Ooooh, the weather outside is frightful, but inside is so delightful..." Once again, what Bobby Drake lacked in singing talent, he made up for in enthusiasm as he swayed along to the new song.

<Paige> "But as long as you love me sooooo let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!!!" She paused. "Bobby... should we be encouraging the snow?"

<Bobby> "But all the little snowflakies are my brethren!" He was still laughing, but then a particularly strong gust of wind rattled the window and he squawked in surprise. "Hey now!"

<Paige> Paige shrieked and ducked behind him. "Just because they are your brethren, doesn't mean I want them in the house!"

<Bobby> "Play outside, kids!" Bobby backed up from the window and put Ripley down. The girl scampered off, already singing the opening lines of Let it Go.

<Paige> Paige moved with him, peering out to watch the literal blizzard outside. "It's gotten really bad out there... should we turn on the news maybe?"

<Bobby> "Do you want to?" Bobby hooked his arm back around her to drag her to his side and watched the storm. "It's... beautiful. But I know it's dangerous."

<Paige> "Like a woman," Paige teased, giggling and snuggling into his warmth. "It might be a good idea to watch? Check it out?"

<Bobby> "You're not dangerous." He burrowed his nose into her bouncy blonde curls.

<Paige> "Yeah huh! I'm terrifying and dangerous." She giggled more, leaning up to kiss his cheek.

<Bobby> "I'm shakin' in my sockies." He trembled, shaking her around to face him and giving her a better kiss. "Mmmwa! You wanna go watch the news?"

<Paige> Paige giggled as she kissed him back. "Well yes.... and no." She wrapped her arms around his neck and nuzzled him. "It might be good to know how bad it is."

<Bobby> "It's good to be bad?" He laughed, looking up outside again at a gust of wind.

<Paige> Snickering at him, Paige kissed him again. "Bad to the bone!"

<Bobby> "Okay, bad dangerous lady, let's go watch the news." He took her hand and led her to the sofa in their new apartment to find the remote control.

<Paige> Paige laced their fingers together and followed him with a bit of pep in her step. "Not that we can do anything about it, but I do like to know what is happening."

<Bobby> "At least we know that this place is safe. It'd take a hurricane to blow these buildings down." He plopped onto the sofa and tugged her into his lap, flipping on the tube.

<Paige> Plopping down at the tug, Paige curled up with him and rested her head against his. "And you're here," she pointed out. "Of course it's safe."

<Bobby> "That's right. My little frosty minions know better than to mess with my baby. And my baby." He grinned at her, then turned his attention back to finding the news.

<Paige> "They better not," she told him sassily, nuzzling his cheek. "For you are their king. And they should all hail you."

<Bobby> "Hail to the king, baby." Bobby cackled at his own joke, knowing there was no way she was going to get it but too amused with himself to stop. "Give me some sugar." He gave her a kiss.

<Paige> Paige grinned in their kiss, running her fingers back through his hair to hold him there a bit. "You can be my king anyday," she told him with a grin.

<Bobby> "Saaaaaaay," he mumbled, waggling his eyebrows. "Might have to take you up on that." Breaking the kiss, he smiled, snuggling her close.

<Paige> She smiled and nestled into him, sighing a bit. "I'm really glad you are home. Not just because I'm glad you are home, but this storm is... bad."

<Bobby> "It is..." That brought his attention to the television, where a poor schmuck in a parka was reporting live in downtown Boston. "Now why does he need to be outside in it? Everybody knows it's snowing. Duh."

<Paige> "Because it's more dramatic!" She laughed and reached for a blanket from the back of the couch, cold just watching the poor guy. "How many days of this? Did he say?"

<Bobby> "I wasn't paying attention..." Dammit, he was supposed to be doing that. "Dramatic, and dangerous. I mean, it's not as dangerous as if he was on a pier during a hurricane..." Then he read the ticker and the camera panned. "Oh... nevermind. Why the hell would they put him on a pier!"

<Paige> "Why would they do that!?" Paige tucked them in with the blanket, staring in disbelief at the screen. "Are they trying to get him killed?"

<Bobby> "It's fiiiiine," he said in his best sarcastic tone. "He's tied to that light pole!"

<Paige> "What if he gets electrocuted?! I don't want to watch him fry." Paige chewed her lip a bit.

<Bobby> "Babe, he won't get electrocuted..." Probably. He flipped to another news channel.

<Paige> "Well we'll never know now," she laughed, twirling some of her hair around her finger. "Hey. I gotta tell you something."

<Bobby> "Yeah?" On that channel, they were showing the ocean battering a seawall amid swirling snow.

<Paige> "I love you." She snickered, kissing his cheek.

<Bobby> Bobby lowered the remote to look at her, shaking his head with a laugh. "I love you too, special snowflake."

<Paige> Paige couldn't stop giggling as she snuggled into him. "Maybe it'll clear up soon. The sun has to come out sometime... this isn't Rock-a-doodle!"

<Bobby> He whistled a bit of the most annoying song from Annie for good measure. "You know, it does suuuuck, for many reasons, but it's also kind of awesome."

<Paige> "I can think of one really good awesome," she pointed out, smiling and playing with his hair. "You get to change diapers!"

<Bobby> Bobby made a face and then poked out his tongue. "Is two too early to start potty training?" He leaned over to look at Ripley playing with her Elsa doll in the floor.

<Paige> "No, not too early. I figured if she hasn't really shown interest in the next couple of months I may present it and see what happens. Especially... if well... two of them in diapers..." she trailed off, blushing.

<Bobby> Bobby turned back to Paige with a grin. "Yeah, two butts to diaper would be kind of a lot, unless it's twins..." He dropped the remote and smoothed back her hair to give her a kiss. "Perfect time," he added between kisses trailing from her mouth, along her jaw and ending at her ear. "To practice, really... all this cold... gotta conserve body heat."

<Paige> "MMhmmm," she confirmed, in between kisses. She shivered at his kisses, squirming into him. "As soon as she goes down for a nap..." she promised, kissing him softly, then more firmly.

<Bobby> "Mmm.... and when is nap time?" He gave her another kiss, then pretended to look at the watch he wasn't wearing. "About now, right?"

<Paige> Giggling, Paige kissed on him. "If you can get her to sleep, yes!"

<Bobby> "Heck yeah!" Bobby sat up, then gave her one more loud kiss before he got to his feet and tucked her in. "Daddy's got the magic touch!"

<Paige> "I'll be waiting riiiight here," she grinned over at him, flushing just a bit as she told him, "Waiting."

<Bobby> "Keep the sofa warm!" Bobby picked up Ripley and gave her a cuddle, then stooped to get Elsa too, since there was no sleeping without her. "It's nap time for you, missy, and then maybe after we can watch the snow some more?"