2/11 Instance: Keeping You Up

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/11 Instance: Keeping You Up

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Camping In

<Hope> Couch be damned. Hope had been banished to the couch that Jess wasn't sleeping on in some horrible chivalrous effort from Sebastian. She had long since abandoned it in favor of curling up at the window and staring out at the blizzard. She couldn't sleep anyway, so she figured she should at least be entertained.

<Shinobi> It wasn't as if he was sleeping well, since he was on the floor and three feet away from his father. Luckily, the man didn't seem to snore, although he'd made it a point to place himself between he and Hope. When Shinobi woke up from his latest attempt to sleep, he looked across the dim room and realized Hope's sofa was empty.

<Hope> Hope used her finger to trace patterns on the window, her mind struggling to push aside the memories that she had allowed herself to see.

<Shinobi> Sebastian was certainly still there, since he was hard to miss, and he sat up enough to see Jessica curled up on the other sofa. The fire was low, but it was still fairly warm in the room. Even the baby seemed to be asleep. He closed his eyes. Hope?

<Hope> She stuffed the memories down immediately, focusing on the crisp, white snow instead. I'm here

<Shinobi> Somehow, he picked up on that snow. You're not outside are you? He sat up and twisted, searching the room. There she was, right in front of the window.

<Hope> Smirking, she looked over at him. No, Obi. I didn't go outside.

<Shinobi> Quietly, he got to his feet. It wasn't freezing in the room, but it was still too cold for his liking so he picked up his blanket and wrapped up in it to pick his way through the crowded room to her.

<Hope> When he was close enough, she reached out and gently pulled him to her. Can't sleep?

<Shinobi> I should be asking you that. He moved in behind her and rested his chin on her head, wrapping both arms around her. It was certainly white outside.

<Hope> She smiled, placing her hands over his arms around her. Yeah. Nothing to worry about though. It happens. She relaxed back against him, comfortable and warm.

<Shinobi> You sure? You're okay? If she'd been in his head... Shinobi swallowed, still feeling a little off, even though that unfortunate conversation had happened hours and hours ago.

<Hope> She smiled, nodding. I'm fine. Better now. He was warm. Had she been cold? She wasn't sure.

<Shinobi> One corner of his mouth twitched in a slight smile and he nodded along in agreement. Better now, he agreed.

<Hope> She giggled in their minds, instead of aloud. I'm not keeping you up am I?

<Shinobi> Oh, the ways he could answer that question. Instead of doing so, he laughed quietly, bowing his head to hide his face in her fiery hair.

<Hope> She smiled and twisted in his arms to catch him in a soft kiss. I'd say I'm sorry....

<Shinobi> But you're not... He grinned in the kiss, returning it in kind.

<Hope> Well not now, she clarified, deepening the kiss, being careful to stay silent. She sure didn't want either 'parent' waking up.

<Shinobi> He hadn't expected that, and caught the back of her head with his hand to further tilt her head. Unfortunately, he couldn't stay quite as silent as Hope, and quickly realized his mistake. Breaking the kiss, he looked over toward the fireplace.

<Hope> Hope held her breath, keeping a tight hold on him. Were they caught. She strained her ears to hear in the dark, trying to determine if they were still asleep or not.

<Shinobi> Everything stayed calm, with only the quiet crackling of the fire and their breathing to be heard. That was when he realized the wind had mostly died outside as well and looked back to the window.

<Hope> Pressing her forehead to his cheek, Hope relaxed. Sneaking around... she smirked, finding his hand and lacing their fingers.

<Shinobi> You would think I'd be better at it. He smirked as well, giving her hand a squeeze, and stared at the white outside, trying to make out familiar shapes.

<Hope> She smirked more and kissed his cheek softly. We'll just have to practice.

<Shinobi> I'm up for that. He turned back to look at her and grinned, then gave her a quicker kiss, just watching her face and the play of the firelight in her hair.

<Hope> She grinned in the kiss, then smiled up at him. Me too. She gazed into his eyes, brushing a strand of dark hair back from his face.

<Shinobi> Good. He found his own hand was in her hair, playing with the loose, messy curls.

<Hope> She bit her lip, smiling and resting her forehead against his. Really not sorry you can't sleep now. Sorry.

<Shinobi> This time, he kept his snort purely mental. Why would I want to sleep?. He was warm, and content, and happy and it was a strange feeling.

<Hope> Seems to be the popular thing to do, she nodded to the family around them. I'm glad I couldn't sleep now!

<Shinobi> Shinobi considered this, and smirked. Maybe we should pretend, since we're rather obvious standing here, in front of a window.

<Hope> properly wrapped her arms around him, pressing her cheek against his chest. As long as I get to stay like this?

<Shinobi> Always like this. His eyes slid closed and the thought came before he could really stop it.

<Hope> Her face flushed as she got the thought, smiling despite herself. Seems we agree on that. He wanted her and he was happy. Hope didn't know what to do with all the emotions she felt from both sides of their link. It filled her heart with joy. She smiled and pulled him gently toward his spot on the floor.

<Shinobi> He let her lead him, then let go of her to carefully step around his father and get her pillow, which was still his pillow, but she wanted it. Who was he to argue?

<Hope> A smile spread across her face as she watched him, quietly sliding down to the floor that was his 'bed' on the floor. You got my pillow.

<Shinobi> Well, yeah... He picked his way back over to her and paused to look at the fire. Did it need more wood? He really had no idea. I wasn't going to share mine. He smirked and rejoined her, tapping her lightly with the pillow before he handed it over.

<Hope> You already did, she pointed out, laughing silently, taking her pillow and rearranging things to get comfortable.

<Shinobi> Another one of mine. He clarified, and started to join her on the floor, then paused. Hey, do we need to do anything to that fire? So we don't freeze?

<Hope> Hope looked over at it, considering it. Go ahead and put another log on. I'm sure the kid will be up soon and someone else will put another one on.

<Shinobi> Shinobi took another moment to look over his shoulder at Sebastian and Jessica, somewhat surprised they hadn't already woken up. Okay. He moved back over to the fire and picked up one of the triangular logs, looking for a good place to put it.

<Hope> Settled, Hope took the moment to prop herself up on an elbow and watch him. What on earth was he doing?

<Shinobi> He was trying to decide where to put the log without burning himself, and for maximum... effectiveness. It would also help if it didn't pop out and set anyone on fire. Shinobi glanced at Sebastian and considered that.

<Hope> That ass was a thing of beauty. She just smiled and watched him work. She needed to make him tend the fire more often, that much was certain.

<Shinobi> Deciding on a spot, he dropped the log into place with only a slight hiss, and shook his scorched hand as subtly as he could. Fuck that was hot! Mission accomplished, he checked the other occupants of the room and rejoined Hope.

<Hope> You alright? she asked, lifting the blankets to let him under them with her.

<Shinobi> Of course. He grinned, only slightly irritated she had seen his failure, and slid under the blankets, adding his own to the top.

<Hope> It took just a few seconds to nestle down into the covers. Her hand pressed against his chest as she kissed him again.

<Shinobi> His hand felt much better back in her hair, and he returned the kiss eagerly, but kept one eye on the room since the new log was popping in the fire.

<Hope> That was the much preferred location for his hand at the moment. Hope moved her arm around his back, pulling him closer.

<Shinobi> After a while, he forgot the log, and moved, attention focused on nothing but the redhead half beneath him now.

<Hope> She finally broke the kiss, stroking his cheek and pressing her forehead against his. Never get tired of that.

<Shinobi> That made him smile, and he rolled onto his back, taking her with him. Definitely not.

<Hope> A laugh almost escaped, but she kept it in their minds. And now I'm trapped. She kissed his cheek softly, resisting the urge to kiss all along that jawline. Whatever shall I do? she teased.

<Shinobi> Whatever you want to do. He smirked at her, one hand still in her hair, the other at her waist to keep her close.

<Hope> She kissed him, then lay her head down on his chest. Keep you, the thought escaped before she could stop it or second guess it.

<Shinobi> His brow creased in confusion for just a moment, then he tightened his hold on her. You've got me.

<Hope> Swallowing hard, Hope tightened her hold on him and smiled. And you've got me. She nestled down into his chest, closing her eyes.

<Shinobi> He smiled a little and stared at the ceiling, blinking rapidly.