2/13 Instance: Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/13 Instance: Do You Wanna Build a Snowman?

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Special Snowflakes

<Sue> Sue was not entirely familiar with blizzards as they weren't really a thing in the UK but she decided it was a good time for practise. It was all a training opportunity, as far as she was concerned, and she was bundled up against the worst of the cold in a protective bubble on the surface of the snow just getting a feel for the strength of the wind.

<Bobby> The blizzard had been raging for hours, and Paige and Ripley were both napping now. Restless, Bobby felt the pull of the weather and decided for once to be smart and strip down inside instead of ruining his clothes. He shifted to vapor and let himself out the cracks in the bathroom window.

<Sue> Once she was sure she could construct without incident, Sue started to create fluid shapes in the air, just testing the effect on the snow around her. It was interesting watching sections of it stop blowing sideways and fall straight down slowly, or disappear altogether as she blocked off the vertical path.

<Bobby> The storm blew him out to sea and back, and it was exhilarating to learn he really could control the water - even in these conditions. As fast the wind was, water was ever faster. Once back at the school grounds, he traveled the rooftops, finally zeroing in on a point of heat where there should be none right now. The hell?

<Sue> Sue played with the air currents, blocking them off, catching snow and releasing it again and creating patterns in the air with her fields to change the air flow. It looked great and it was fun.

<Bobby> Deciding he better not waste any more time, Bobby reformed directly in front of Sue. "Taking your name a little too literally today, Storm?"

<Sue> Sue yelped in surprise at the sudden appearance of Bobby, her bubble losing consistency for a moment - long enough for her to get a face full of snow. She reformed it around both of them and shook the snow off, "Don't sneak up on people!"

<Bobby> "Well I didn't think I'd have to!" He laughed, looking around the inside of her bubble curiously.

<Sue> "I didn't want to miss out on the opportunity," she shrugged a little.

<Bobby> "To freeze to death?" Bobby turned back to Sue, icy nose wrinkled.

<Sue> She giggled, "Do I look like I'm freezing to death? I'm having fun!"

<Bobby> "Well, yeah now. But it's all fun and games until somebody loses a toe!" He shrugged and laughed. "Or nose. Nose would be worse."

<Sue> "I'm fine, really. My force fields protect me from the wind. If I get too cold, I'll just go back inside and have a cuppa." She adjusted her bubble, expanding it.

<Bobby> "There's no way the wind could like... pick up your bubble and blow you away?" He'd never been super clear on her powers.

<Sue> "Nah, I tell them where to be... I can pick me up and float too..."

<Bobby> "I guess I kinda... well... I'm one with the ice and snow." He heard the entire song start up in his head.

<Sue> Sue laughed, giving him a playful shove, "Couldn't resist the call, huh?"

<Bobby> "Nope!" Once again, a song started up, and dammit, they really needed to stop watching that movie.

<Sue> "Well neither could I... We never get snow like this back home."

<Bobby> "That's probably for the best, since this is a doozy." He looked outside the bubble at the chaos of snow around them.

<Sue> "I know... but it's so fun! I love being outdoors, all weathers... couldn't pass this up."

<Bobby> "So... it's safe to say that you wanna build a snowman..." He was practically bouncing with his reference roll.

<Sue> Sue snowploughed him for that one, "You arse, now that's stuck in my head!"

<Bobby> "You mean just now I got one of those songs stuck in your head! I'm losing my touch!" He laughed and let her bowl him over, landing on his back in the snow.

<Sue> "I can only ignore so many Disney references before they claim my synapses for their own evil devices."

<Bobby> "That's totally their entire business model. You know that, right?" Since he was at home in the snow, he started making snow angels.

<Sue> "I do know that. And that is why they are evil." Sue nodded gravely.

<Bobby> "Well they're definitely stealing enough of my money," he agreed, then sat up and formed a snowball in his hand. He pitched it upward a couple times, testing the weight, then zinged it at Sue's chest.

<Sue> Sue reacted instinctively, the snowball splattering against a forcefield. "Oooooh it's on, mister."

<Bobby> "Like Donkey Kong!" Bobby hooted and formed another snow ball to splat against her field.

<Sue> "Can't hit what you can't see!" Sue vanished.

<Bobby> "Cheater!" He could of course do it too... sort of, but for now it was more fun to send out a roundhouse volley of snow in all directions.

<Sue> snowballs in several different directions splattered on force fields and Sue scooped up some snow to drop on his head with another.

<Bobby> Bobby shook his head like a dog, his ice creaking. She was still invisible which was so not fair. "This is very unsportsmanlike, y'know?!" He stuck out his tongue, flipped a double bird, and vaporized himself.

<Sue> "Because that's fair?!" Sue bubbled herself, floating above the surface of the snow.

<Bobby> The disembodied voice helped him pick a general direction, and then he concentrated on the areas where the snow bent around something... and then there was still the heat signature she couldn't completely hide. Mwahahaa.

<Sue> "Bastard cheating elementals..." Sue muttered to herself, sulking while she stood suspended in her bubble.

<Bobby> Experimentally, he pushed the water in the air, and while he couldn't quite create wind, it was pretty darn close. Score! The bubble bounced.

<Sue> Sue eeped and stablised herself, hardening her outside shell but making the walls thicker and squishy on the inside in case he did that again and she didn't have time to push back. This took some considerable mental energy however and her invisibility field flickered briefly.

<Bobby> Double score! Bobby spotted her and swirled around the bubble, bouncing it again. A hand formed out of the air and knocked a familiar tune - shave and a haircut. He hummed the rest in his mind, thoroughly entertained.

<Sue> Sue narrowed her eyes, expanding her bubble rapidly so it was now about the size of a bus, and pushing out the snow beneath her. She dropped her invisibility to focus her energies on the bubble and planted her feet.

<Bobby> Bobby found himself shoved back, his little snow minions pushed away by the growing bubble. He partially reformed, enough to speak, with an overwhelming message of: "Hey! Still cheating!"

<Sue> "Speak for yourself, Elsa!" Sue shot back, squashing him between two flat fields while he was solid-ish.

<Bobby> Bobby exploded into snow, making it look good for her.

<Sue> Sue knew he'd be back and kept her eyes peeled and her force field tight.

<Bobby> Way too amused with himself, a form started to take shape from the swirling snow, directly behind her. It grew, elongated, and towered above her force field.

<Sue> Sue turned as the shadow spread over her and stared. That was so cool!

<Bobby> Was Ripley too young to start gaming? He wasn't sure, but he totally wanted some play time now! This was reminding him he still hadn't finished Final Fantasy 15! What the hell kind of nerd was he?!

<Bobby> The ice drake shifted into something more snakelike, and the wings flapped, arching over Sue's bubble. "Do you wanna build a snow monster?!"

<Sue> "Nah, think I'll hack one to pieces though." A bladed field sliced the tip off one of the wings.

<Bobby> The monster's horned mouth opened in a soundless scream, and the wing reformed. After taking a swipe at her bubble and rocking it, the monster slicked back its wings and burrowed into the snow beneath her.

<Sue> Sue took command of her bubble to keep it stable because she had a feeling what would happen next.

<Bobby> Sure enough, the ground started shaking, and it was likely anyone looking outside right now was wondering what the hell was going on.

<Sue> Sue shrank her bubble back down to a more manageable size again and raised herself back up into the air then turned herself invisible and moved her floaty bubble to a different location, leaving an empty and less stable one where she had been.

<Bobby> He knew something was going on, but since he was on a roll he sent his construct rocketing through the snow anyway, billows of it exploding upwards and obscuring the entire area in a white cloud.

<Sue> Sue's not so stable bubble fizzled out of existence but the one containing her hovered where it was through sheer force of will. She waited for the snow to slick off her field, adjusting the shape of it to help in the matter.

<Bobby> The snow reformed beneath the ball of heat Bobby sensed. This time, it was a very familiar snow beast from a very popular movie that reached up and then waved at her.

<Sue> Sue made herself visible and waved back, capturing some snow in a field and morphing it to match Elsa's discarded crown so the snow monster could wear it like it had in the credits. "Pretty!"

<Bobby> Unable to resist, Bobby reformed beside the monster, dying laughing while the beast daintily put it on and curtseyed. "Good job, Marshmallow!"

<Sue> Sue laughed too, lowering her bubble back down to ground level, "Snow is fun."

<Bobby> "Snow is fuckin' awesome." He leaned on his creation, tipping his head back to enjoy the swirling blizzard as if it were a summer breeze.

<Sue> "It's better if you don't get cold I should imagine. You can enjoy it properly."

<Bobby> "Absolutely." He cracked an eye. "You freezing yet?"

<Sue> "Getting there. I should probably go in... it's not the wind so much as the over all air temperature... and I'm getting tired so my fields won't be so good.

<Bobby> "Welp, let's get you inside then. Want to take the Marshmallow express?"

<Sue> "Hell yes!" She grinned, bouncing up and down with excitement inside her bubble.

<Bobby> The snow monster lumbered forward and picked Sue up, bubble and all.

<Sue> "Wheee!" Sue sat down in her bubble with her legs crossed to enjoy the ride.