2/15 Instance: Reputation Reparation

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

2/15 Instance: Reputation Reparation

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for shortly after [Instance]Working Relationship.

<Doreen> Doreen roamed the desolate halls, all the other students were hiding in their dorms but the snow didn't bother her much. She had started to feel like she was intruding on Cassie and Jack and decided to go exploring instead. Clad in whatever she had that didn't reak of sex, Doreen set about trying to find something to do or someone to entertain her that wasn't furry.

<Carol> Having made the final checks on the external areas of the buildings, Carol was now inside doing checks on the electricals - specifically the generators and the heating systems. The last thing they needed was them to fail if they main grid went down. With the hole in the roof, it would get cold really fast in the building. Knocking on doors to make sure people were in rooms seemed a logical use of her time as she strolled the halls.

<Doreen> "Ooh person, cute person." Doreen said to herself, for the most part, though she didn't care if she was heard. She made her way over to the person, she should probably know them but couldn't think of her name. "Hiii! You're a cute one aren't you?"

<Doreen> Her eyes scanned across the woman's body. "Mmmm girls in uniform, so hot."

<Carol> Carol blinked. Cute? She was fairly sure she'd never been refered to as 'cute' since she was out of diapers. She stared for a long moment at the giant squirrel. Was she hitting on her? "Doreen, right?"

<Doreen> "Mmhm." Doreen tried to sound as cute as possible when she answered. "And who might you be, Miss Scrumptious?"

<Carol> Did this girl live under a rock? Likely... Carol folded her arms across her chest, "You want my military rank with that?"

<Doreen> "Mmm sure thing cutie." She circled Carol slowly, still trying to eyeball all her bits through the uniform.

<Carol> Carol raised an eyebrow, "First of all, you have to stop calling me that."

<Doreen> "Aww but it fits you so well! Just like that sexy uniform." Doreen giggled a little. "There are so few people that could make that look good around here."

<Carol> "I know, it's awesome to be me... but how do you not know who I am? SHIELD liason ring any bells?"

<Doreen> "Hmmm nope. Haven't really been around much and before I wasn't a very good student. But I'm trying to be a good girl now! See looky, I'm fully dressed now!" She flipped up her skirt to show she was actually wearing panties.

<Carol> ".... I didn't need to see that. Flashing your underwear at staff is generally not considered 'being a good girl', just FYI."

<Doreen> "Aww." Doreen gave her the best pouty face she could muster. "Are you going to give me a spanking now?"

<Carol> "No. That would be illegal... also... no... just no..." She wrinkled her nose then shook it off, "Leiutenant Colonel Carol Danvers. That's who you're talking to."

<Doreen> "Yay!" Doreen laughed a little, even though she wouldn't have minded if Carol would have wanted to spank her. "I'm Doreen Green, by the way."

<Carol> "I know who you are. I know who everyone here is." She adjusted her posture a little, straightening up to her full height - which was impresive in heels as they put her over six feet. "So you say you're going to actually start attending classes now?"

<Doreen> "Mmhm!" Doreen bounced a little. "I'll be the best little squirrel anyone's ever seen. And be all cute and awesome too!"

<Carol> "Not if you keep showing random people your underwear..."

<Doreen> "You're not random. You're Lieutenant Colonel Carol Danvers." Doreen teased her. "And cute, why can't I flirt with cute people?"

<Carol> "Because not all of them are available or interested in being hit on by students...?" Woooooow....

<Doreen> "Aww nuts." She giggled at the obvious pun. "Why are the cute ones always taken or monogamous. Or assholes...." Doreen frowned, thinking about Shinobi.

<Carol> "Because life sucks." Carol decided that was a life lesson everyone needed to learn one way or another. "Incidentally, I am the first two of those things... unless you ask anyone in SHIELD then they'll say I'm all three."

<Doreen> "Mean!" She stuck her tongue out at Carol. "Aren't you guys supposed to be helping us make life not suck? I mean, how much worse can it get than being a walking talking rodent...?" Now Doreen was definitely getting sad.

<Carol> "Well currently I'm working on making sure the school doesn't get blown away in a blizzard so I like to think I'm holding up my end of the deal."

<Doreen> "It's not that bad." Doreen shrugged and decided now she was going to be all mopey since she couldn't flirt.

<Carol> "Well it's not yet... but it's going to get a lot worse than this. I want everyone to stay inside... and pray the generators hold up."

<Doreen> "At least we have a place to stay. Being out in the woods for stuff like this or under bridges sucks."

<Carol> "Yeah, I can imagine... I wouldn't want to be out in this and I don't even get cold..." She stared out of the window for a moment, wondering how her family were weathering the storm. "... I need a drink."

<Doreen> "I need chocolate." She would have said a drink too but Carol obviously knew her and, more than likely, the fact that she wasn't 21.

<Carol> "Hot chocolate while the microwave still works?"

<Doreen> "Mmhm." She was just staring at her feet now, feeling sorry for herself.

<Carol> Carol went over to her, put her hands on her shoulders, and turned her toward the stairs, steering her gently in that direction.

<Doreen> Doreen let herself be led to the warm chocolaty goodness.

<Carol> Once in the kitchen, Carol left Doreen to do whatever squirrel girls did while they were waiting for hot chocolate and foraged in the cupboards for mugs.

<Doreen> Doreen managed to find herself a place to sit while she watched Carol move about the kitchen to make them hot chocolate. "Sorry I was flirting with you...."

<Carol> "It's fine... I guess I should be flattered that people ten years younger than me find me attractive enough to hit on me..."

<Doreen> "You do look good." Doreen mumbled as she got comfortable. "But everyone else will say I was just doing it cuz I'm a whore."

<Carol> Carol paused in her search for the cocoa and looked over at Doreen, "Who called you that?"

<Doreen> "Different words same thing." Doreen was mostly just calling herself that since that's how everyone was making her feel.

<Carol> "Well if I hear anyone talk that way about anyone else here, they'll be straight through the nearest wall."

<Doreen> "Thanks, but it's not like they're really wrong.... Apparently I'm too much of a whore to have a boyfriend or girlfriend. And to cope with that I go around fucking people." Well only Jack and Cassie but still... Doreen fidgeted a little.

<Carol> "Well... then maybe you should try... not? Seems like it would solve both problems... get a new hobby." Carol gave a small shrug, going back to her search for cocoa.

<Doreen> "Yeah... prolly." And now she felt like an utter fool for saying that. She mentally checked Carol off the list of people to whine at.

<Carol> "It's just a suggestion... if you're happy being single, carry on but if you want a serious relationship you kind of have to show you're willing to settle down a little bit..." Finally! Victorious, she took the cocoa to the mugs to get to work.

<Doreen> "I tried, but apparently it wasn't a healthy relationship." She shrugged, when Jessica had talked to her about it she basically stopped listening after she said they shouldn't be seeing each other.

<Carol> "So then what? You gave up? Man if I gave up every time I failed at something I wouldn't be standing here today. Suck it up, move on... there're probably way better people out there for you anyway."

<Doreen> "I really liked him though..." She went back to staring at her feet and tried not to get too upset.

<Carol> "Well I really like junk food but that doesn't mean it's good for me."

<Doreen> "Mmhm." Doreen tried to find the most comfortable way to sit without flashing Carol again. "Not like he even wanted me for more than sex anyways. Already moved on to some other girl."

<Carol> "Well then it sounds like he wasn't worth it so don't lose sleep over it."

<Doreen> "Yeah... Guess not." Doreen wrapped her tail around herself. "Life goes on huh?"

<Carol> "It does, that's one thing you can rely on whether you like it or not." She went to the microwave and put the mugs inside with their mixture of cocoa and milk, "I know it's easier said than done... but sometimes you just have to let it go."

<Doreen> "Down ten flights of stairs in a duffle bag?" Doreen smirked a little.

<Carol> She laughed, "Sure, if that helps."

<Doreen> "Didn't know teachery people condoned throwing people down stairs."

<Carol> "What? You didn't think my threat to throw people through walls was serious? Wow you really need to spend more time around here."

<Doreen> "I think I should hang out with you more often." Doreen giggled a little.

<Carol> "I would say everyone needs to hang out with me but I have no free time as it is..."

<Doreen> "That sucks. All I have is free time. We're just polar opposites huh?"

<Carol> "You shouldn't have any free time - you're a student."

<Doreen> "A student that hasn't been in school for years so now I'm taking all remedial classes that are boring and make me feel like a pre-schooler." She sighed. "Don't even know what I'm going to study when I get the easy shit done."

<Carol> "So take more remedial classes and clear through them faster. Might be boring but if you're finding it easy it means you're smart. Dream big."

<Doreen> "Never thought about doing anything but running away from people I hate.... Live in the moment and all that?" She shrugged. "Dunno what I'd do."

<Carol> "Running away doesn't fix anything... and why should you give up your whole life just because some other asshole has done something you didn't like? Stay put and tell them to shove it up their ass." She peered into the microwave.

<Doreen> "When you're stuck in a shitty place where people all make fun of you for looking like a fuzzy rat; running away is better than dealing with the trouble I'd get in for fucking them up...."

<Carol> "Well you're in the right place here, everyone looks weird." She smiled at her, hitting the button to stop the heating process and opening the door of the microwave, "You want sugar in this?"

<Doreen> "No I'm sure it's fine." Doreen hopped up and moved over to Carol to take her cup. "Yup. Still get looks from people though. Jack and Cassie are about the only ones so far that've cared if I'm happy."

<Carol> "Pfft, that can't be true. Plenty of people here are nice enough that they want everyone to be happy all the time... My job would sure be a lot easier if everyone was happy." She added sugar to her own cocoa and snuck in a little something extra because today was more than she'd bargained for.

<Doreen> "If only people would be nicer to each other so everyone was happy huh?" Doreen sipped at the cocoa. "I have a feeling that if someone wasn't nice to you, you'd beat the hell out of them."

<Carol> "Of course I would - I have a reputation to hold up." She leaned against the counter and took a sip of her own cocoa, "Careful, it's hot." Not that the temperature bothered her.

<Doreen> "Wanna beat up a scrawny asian jerkbag?" Doreen pouted and sipped at her cocoa again.

<Carol> "I make a point not to get involved in other people's beatings unless it directly effects me."

<Doreen> "Damn... I think he could take me." She frowned.

<Carol> "So leave it alone. No sense making it worse for yourself. Ignore it and walk away."

<Doreen> "Can I fill his underwear with fire ants first?"

<Carol> "... Pretty sure that'd go under the heading of making it worse. You don't have to get revenge on people that piss you off, most times whatever they did to piss you off will wind up biting them in the ass sooner or later. Wait for karma to get him."

<Doreen> "I can only hope, I guess." Doreen set the mug down. "But if I'm not thinking of revenge I have to think about what I want to do here.... didn't even really want to come here. But here was a lot better than jail."

<Carol> "Anything's better than jail... if you like I can drop some stuff off at your room for you to look at - course books and whatever. See what you're interested in."

<Doreen> "Uhmm I guess? I kinda like history, I guess... And, well, war." She laughed a little. "Though, it's a little more fun to have squirrels reenacting them than watching people."

<Carol> "I'll make sure to get all the history and politics books at the top of the pile... I teach politics, by the way."

<Doreen> "Isn't that just a bunch of drugged up assholes that screw prostitutes and yell at each other?"

<Carol> "... Sometimes but it's also pretty interesting and useful."

<Doreen> "Uhh okay?" She shrugged.

<Carol> "I promise it's not as boring as it sounds." She took another sip of her drink and wondered about topping up her hot chocolate with more scotch.

<Doreen> "I'm sure it's not, but all you ever hear about are the ones who screw strippers and all that."

<Carol> "Well these days that's what gets reported in the headlines but there's a lot more going on than that."

<Doreen> "That's good, you'd think our country was run by a bunch of perverts."

<Carol> "Weeeeell... there is the President..." Carol pointed out, "But they're really not all like that."

<Doreen> "You sure he's not an insufferable pervert too?"

<Carol> "I'd be disappointed if he wasn't."

<Doreen> "Is that good or bad?" Doreen raised an eyebrow.

<Carol> "Is what good or bad?" She was sure she hadn't had enough to drink to get confused that quick.

<Doreen> "That he might be a pervert?"

<Carol> "He has a reputation to hold up too, you know."

<Doreen> "Now I'm even more scared... guess it's good I know how to live out in the woods."

<Carol> "You're very unlikely to meet the President so I think you're safe. I, on the other hand, have to watch my ass."

<Doreen> "Good luck, tazing the president is probably illegal." She laughed a little.

<Carol> "I don't need a tazer."

<Doreen> "Are we even allowed to talk about tazing the prez?" Doreen laughed a little. "Isn't it some sort of mega crime?"

<Carol> "Are you going to tell anyone?"

<Doreen> "Nope. You gave me cocoa."

<Carol> "Then I think we're safe.... but I should get back to work."

<Doreen> "Aww okay."

<Carol> Carol picked up her cocoa and straightened up, "Find somewhere warm to wait out this mess, I'll bring the books up once I'm sure everyone's inside."

<Doreen> "Okay, be safe Miss Danvers." Doreen gave her a slight smile. "I'll uhmm make sure everything's decent."

<Carol> "Never call me that," she called back over her shoulder as she headed for the door, "And never ever 'Ma'am' me!"

<Doreen> "Uhmm okay Carol?"

<Carol> "Better!" She gave half-assed wave over her shoulder with her free hand before turning a corner out of sight.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6