2/18 Instance: Prom Jitters

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/18 Instance: Prom Jitters

Post by Slarti »

Timelined around the same time as Restoking the Fire

<Hope> Jess had done a spectacular job of setting up candles all over the basement bedroom. It wasn't bright by any means, but the glow from the candles was beautiful and, she had to admit, romantic. Under a pile of blankets in Shinobi's bed, Hope was warm and cozy. She sighed contently. "This house needs more fireplaces."

<Shinobi> "Well, it's a church, not a house, so I'm not surprised it's weird." The boots were back in the closet, and so was his heavy coat. This was certainly a much better place to think anyway. He was watching the candlelight on her hair, combing his fingers through it over and over.

<Hope> Hope nestled into his chest, pulling the covers up a bit more. She had calmed and settled back down, sobering up. "I'm sorry... for overreacting."

<Shinobi> "I think I did too." He sighed. "It was just... unexpected. I knew things were going too well..."

<Hope> She had to laugh at that. "Tell me about it... I warned you. Things go to hell around me."

<Shinobi> "It's not you." He was still watching the light in her hair. "Show trial or not, I did those things. I probably deserve to be in prison."

<Hope> Hope shifted, turning to face him better. "I know you did. But I also know you deserve a second chance. That's what I'm trying to give you. Not erase what happened."

<Shinobi> "Your dad already hates me, and we haven't even really met." He certainly wasn't going to count that one horrible day.

<Hope> "Of course he hates you. You're dating me. Same reason Sebastian is throwing a fit. That's what they are supposed to do. You could be perfect and he'd still hate you." Hope kissed on his cheek.

<Shinobi> He snorted. "Oh, I'm far from perfect." Shifting a little, he brushed his nose against hers and gave her a soft kiss.

<Hope> She laughed softly, kissing him in return. "Who isn't? Except me of course," she smirked at her own joke.

<Shinobi> "Of course." Shinobi returned the smirk, then pretended to think for a moment. "Of course, I have to almost be an improvement over your last boyfriend..."

<Hope> "Almost?" Hope snorted a bit. "A vast one. Did I tell you what he told me a few days ago?"

<Shinobi> "No. You saw him?" He met her eyes questioningly. Of course, he was a teacher at her school, so it wasn't that odd. Other than that she'd been dating a teacher, but he'd already figured out that school was full of lunatics.

<Hope> Hope looked back at him, confused at first, then shrugging it off. "I thought I told you. Meant to tell you. Anyway, yeah. I saw him when I stopped by the school a couple of days ago. Basically, according to him, I just used him for sex and moved on to the first cute guy I saw."

<Shinobi> "Mmm." Well, he didn't even get the sex for the accusation of being her new plaything. Yet. "So that's why you hung around when he was on drugs and kidnapped, huh? All that sex you weren't having?" He nodded. "Makes perfect sense."

<Hope> She smirked and kissed the tip of his nose. "He was really mad. Don't think he'd do anything stupid.... well it is Chris. Just don't take biology at Xavier's."

<Shinobi> He smiled at the kiss. "I Googled him, you know. Just thought it was a good idea in case he showed up sometime. He's... an interesting looking guy. I'm afraid I'm not nearly as... colorful. Or perforated."

<Hope> Face flushing a bit, Hope distracted herself a bit by playing with his hair. "After all the drugs, he lost all his tattoos and piercings. But enough about him." She kissed Shinobi softly. "Don't tell my boyfriend... but I think he's super sexy. And warm." She smiled at him.

<Shinobi> Boyfriend. He smiled, returning the kiss and brushing back her hair. "Your secret is safe with me, Ariel, but it's more than warm in here. Pretty hot company, in fact."

<Hope> She grinned and nuzzled his cheek before pulling back enough to really look at him. "There's something I want to ask you."

<Shinobi> "Yeah?" His hand slid to her neck, thumb tracing patterns on her throat.

<Hope> Eyes closing for a moment, savoring his touch. "There's a thing... at the club." She started, not really sure how to ask this.

<Shinobi> "There are lots of things at the club," he pointed out, and since she wasn't watching him now, he smiled at her reaction.

<Hope> "It's a thing thing... an event. On Valentine's Day. A sweetheart dance." She swallowed, forcing her eyes back open to look at him. "So I was just, wondering... curious... if you'd want to go. With me. To the thing."

<Shinobi> His eyebrows rose. "They have those? That seems awfully... pedestrian? For the Hellfire Club?"

<Hope> "It's.... kind of super formal. Black tie formal." She shifted uncomfortably.

<Shinobi> "Are you sure it isn't black leather?" He laughed. "I've been to the club before, you know, with Sebastian and... before."

<Hope> "I'm sure." She admitted. Losing her nerve, she backed down. "It was just something I saw. Silly idea."

<Shinobi> Realizing she was taking this as another rejection, he frowned slightly and used his fingers beneath her jaw to tip her face toward his. "It's not silly," he said, meeting her eyes and keeping his voice soft. "Spending a night with you? Away from here? That sounds great."

<Hope> Her heart warmed at his touch and his words. "We don't have to stay at the Shaw penthouse either. We can go someplace alone." She told him, sliding her hand up to play with his hair.

<Shinobi> He reminded himself not to read too much into that implication. "Alone sounds even better, after the last couple of days." He closed his eyes, taking far too much enjoyment from her fingers in his hair. "That feels good," he admitted, smiling and pulling her closer, tangling their legs together beneath the blankets.

<Hope> Hope grinned, delighting in that admission. She shifted as he pulled her, getting comfortable again. "Alone sounds amazing after the last few days," she echoed. "Just you and me." And David lurking across the hall of the hotel.

<Shinobi> "Mmm..." He agreed with a nod, nuzzling her hair and her ear. "Just you and me... if Sebastian will let us go." There was the mood killer.

<Hope> "Jess won't let him stop us," she pointed out, smirking and nuzzling his cheek. After the mess Sebastian had just caused? They were golden for awhile.

<Shinobi> He hoped she was right, and now, he realized he didn't want to think about it. If this was just a fantasy, he wanted to enjoy it for a while. "So... formal?"

<Hope> "We'll have to get you fitted for a suit," she realized, grinning. That grin quickly fell into a bit of a scowl. "I have to get fitted too."

<Shinobi> "I have a suit." He returned the grin. "A couple of them, in fact. He didn't want me to shame him in public."

<Hope> "Ah, well good, then," she leaned in, kissing him softly. "And I have a date to the dance. I feel like we're going to prom. We should get a limo," she joked.

<Shinobi> "That would give us the full effect," he laughed, nipping her lower lip playfully. "So, if you're getting fitted, does this mean you're getting one of those giant fluffy princess dresses, Ariel?"

<Hope> "Do I look like Bobby's fiancee? No." She laughed and nibbled on his lip softly. "It will be something... tasteful. Fitting of my position."

<Shinobi> "Tasteful and fitting of your position..." He groaned, his hand tightening on her side. "So... like one of those black Victorian things? With the high lacy neck? That would be... Martha Washington hot." Smirking, he found bare skin to tease her.

<Hope> She poked him, laughing first then squirming at the touch. "I have a couple of top designers I use for such... occasions."

<Shinobi> "Do we need to match? Do you need a corsage?" He was rather enjoying this, especially the squirming.

<Hope> "Yes. Yes I do!" She started laughing. "And you have to pick me up. And act all nervous while you wait for me to finish getting ready."

<Shinobi> "So I should sneak out of the hotel, circle the block in that limo, then come back for you and hover while you put on mascara?"

<Hope> A huge grin spread across her face as she pulled him into a kiss. "Yes. Please do that."

<Shinobi> Though he'd been mostly kidding, her expression made this a solid plan. "I can do that," he laughed, voice muffled by the kiss.

<Hope> Hope actually giggled just a little, stealing one of his hands. She pressed their palms together, then laced their fingers. "A proper date."

<Shinobi> He laughed a little, their mouths still pressed close. "I've never really had one of those."

<Hope> Her forehead pressed against his, her fingers sliding through his hair. "You have a proper girlfriend. And though it's not the same as somebody not in the spotlight, I still aim to give you as close to a real relationship as I can."

<Shinobi> "I'll try not to disappoint you." The smile on his face was almost painfully wide. Hand sliding to the back of her head, he tilted his head just enough to kiss her. This was so much more than he'd ever expected, ever hoped for, that it almost choked him.

<Hope> Those thoughts and feelings bled over to her mind, and she did choke a bit, her eyes watering. She kissed him again, deeper and more passionately this time. Me too.

<Shinobi> I trust you. He rolled, pinning her beneath him, and broke the kiss to meet her eyes. If you say you can handle your father without ruining what you have with him, then you can. "I want to be with you," he whispered. "Whatever I have to do."

<Hope> Hope lay against the pillow, looking up at him as he talked to her. "I trust you too," she told him very softly. Her fingers trailed up his arm lightly, resting finally on his face. "We're in this together now. We want the same thing."

<Shinobi> He nodded, just slightly, and swallowed. "Together," he repeated.

<Hope> "Together." She smiled softly and leaned up to meet him for another kiss. She had him.... now she just had to find a way to keep him.