2/27 Instance: Midnight Confessions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

2/27 Instance: Midnight Confessions

Post by Slarti »

Timeline: After Pardon Me?

<Hope> The house was calm except for someone upstairs with the baby. Hope hadn't meant to fall asleep with Shinobi in his room, but when she woke up, she realized that's where she was. She carefully slid out of bed, despite his protest, and picked up her phone. She had several missed calls from Tony.

<Hope> She moved to the kitchen in the basement, not sure which one she would rather have eavesdropping: Shinobi or whoever was upstairs. She took her chances with the sleeping Obi and pressed the button to return Tony's call.

<Tony> Despite the late hour, Tony wasn't asleep. He looked down at his own phone before answering it quickly. "Ah you finally decide to call."

<Hope> Smirking despite herself, Hope sighed. "Yeah sorry. I just woke up. You ok?" She hopped up onto the kitchen counter.

<Tony> "I didn't really get a chance to finish talking to you. About. All this. And I wanted to."

<Hope> So the nightmare wasn't over. She looked back in on Shinobi, satisfied that he was still asleep before she took her place back on the counter. "If you're going to threaten something you don't need to. I can threaten him myself, thanks."

<Tony> He laughed and grinned. "I have no doubt there. No I rather just wanted you to know that I'm actually... well... I like the kid. Don't you dare tell him I said that. I'll deny it. You're lying."

<Hope> Stunned, Hope just stared at the wall for a moment. "I'm sorry, what? You just told him you didn't like him a few hours ago."

<Tony> "Of course I did. He can't think he has it easy. But any man who is willing to stare down being locked up in a SHIELD prison to be with you? Well he's either crazy or he really cares about you. I can respect the latter. Watch out for the former." He poured himself a fresh glass of scotch. Screw Jessica and her prohibition. Scotch was fantastic.

<Hope> Hope smiled a little to herself. "He really does, Dad. He's a good guy. Now. You really don't have to worry... though I know you will anyway."

<Tony> "Of course I will. I also have to figure out a way to get him pardoned without inviting people like Stryker to find him again. I might have a plan for that."

<Hope> "You actually thought about that?" She hadn't even thought about that. Why hadn't she? Oh right. She'd been preoccupied with the joy that people were finally leaving her relationship alone. Oops.

<Tony> "That's why I said it would take some time. We have to consider every angle. Including the one where he is used a a weapon again against you or me. Mostly me. You seem to handle yourself."

<Hope> Unsure if she should be offended or not, Hope took the backwards compliment. "Thanks. I do manage. Drake and Sum make great trainers. And he won't let himself be used as a weapon. Not again. None of us are going to let that happen."

<Tony> "I'd hope not." He took another sip, staring at a picture of him and a certain ex-girlfriend. "You reminded me a lot of your mother. Remind, really. I tried to deny it at first. To deny that you were my kid. It's impossible to deny you are her's."

<Hope> Hope sat in stunned silence. He never talked about her mom. She swallowed back the lump in her throat and just listened. "Yeah?"

<Tony> "She had that short temper. That fierceness in what she believed in." He downed his drink and poured another. "I lost her because I was afraid to commit. She overreacted and went into hiding. I don't want you doing the same thing. I told you I can't live without you. You're my whole family."

<Hope> Her hand tightened on the phone. She bit her lip to keep her emotions in check. "You aren't going to lose me. You didn't have to accept me as your kid to begin with. I was over 18. But you picked me. You chose to keep me and make me your family."

<Tony> "You're my kid. No matter how old you were when I found you. You'll always be my kid... Which reminds me. I still don't understand your attachment to Sebastian."

<Hope> Hope had to laugh at that one. "Neither do I. But he's... he's dad too. He's there when you can't be." She thought about his reaction to Tony's meddling earlier that day. "And he really does care. Though he won't admit that in public. Ever. Shaws don't have hearts."

<Tony> It was his turn to laugh. He took a long drink from his glass and stared at the TV for a long time. "As much as I picked you to be my family... you picked him too. So I guess I need to figure out how to co-parent."

<Hope> There was a long pause before both of them laughed and said, "Nah."

<Hope> Hope smiled and leaned her head back against the cabinet as Tony started to speak again.

<Tony> "Are you happy there? You don't have to stay there. You know you can get your own place. Or come here. Or... whatever you want."

<Hope> She considered that. "I am happy here..."

<Tony> "Hope... are you there for reasons other than your boyfriend?"

<Hope> Now that gave her pause. She blinked. "At first... no. Not really. I was going to get this really cute apartment across town. But he asked me to stay. Before we were together. So I did. Now? Now it's... I... I know it's not the same, but it kind of feels like a family. With second dad. I will not see Jess as a mom because that's just weird, but she does try to be... whatever."

<Tony> He nodded, even though she couldn't see. "Then remember you always have your home here at the residence. And in California. I don't think you've ever been to the Malibu house. Spring Break in Malibu! Oh no, that was terrible. Forget I said that."

<Hope> Hope couldn't help herself, and she laughed, quickly peeking in on Shinobi. Still asleep. Whew. "Yeah we'll have to make it out there. I mean, after all... I need to start being more... Stark."

<Tony> Smirking, Tony shook his head. "Honey. You couldn't be more Stark if you tried. Get some rest. And... I love you."

<Hope> Hope smiled. "Yeah I love you too, old man. Now go to sleep. You can save the world tomorrow."

<Tony> Sighing, he relented. "Always saving the world. Goodnight."

<Hope> Hope hung up her phone and sat there for a while, thinking about all he had said. Rules be damned. She moved back to the bed where Shinobi was sound asleep. Though, she had known that. She swallowed. She knew he was asleep because she could feel it. She set the phone down and crawled into bed with him, carefully, trying not to wake him up.

<Hope> Tomorrow night she could go back to her own room, but for tonight? Tonight she just needed to be close to him and relish the thought that they weren't going to be separated.