3/1 Instance: All Chad's Fault

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

3/1 Instance: All Chad's Fault

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Space Rocket

<Shinobi> His first real day auditing courses at MIT had been... interesting. Frustrating. Exciting. He was also fairly certain no less than three women had flirted with him. One hadn't been a student, either.

<Shinobi> Driving - albeit illegally - was another simple pleasure he hadn't realized how much he missed. Of course, the fact that he was driving Hope's bright yellow, brand new Corvette simply sweetened the deal.

<Shinobi> Once he was back in the neighborhood, he found he wasn't quite ready to go home. He found a safe parking place for the car and decided to pay a visit to Starbucks.

<Shinobi> As horrifying as that mess with Tony Stark and the evil cupcakes had been, it just made him crave peanut butter, unfortunately. This was a problem he knew exactly how to solve.

<Hope> Hope, on the other hand, was incredibly bored and avoiding her latest project for Sebastian. She'd get it done on time, she always did. She had tweeted a selfie and updated her Facebook, checked her hair and reorganized her closet. Shinobi still wasn't home. Dang. She really wanted to know what happened next in their book.

<Hope> Hope eyed the book a bit, peeking the cover open a bit. Nope! She closed it quickly and went to look out the window instead.

<Shinobi> One order of coffee and peanut butter cookies later, Shinobi was studying the travel mugs and waiting for the barista to quit hitting on his coworker and just get his cookies. Couldn't he fraternize after he delivered the goods? Didn't Sebastian own this location? Surely that should earn them some better preferential treatment than this.

<Shinobi> Shinobi was preoccupied with his annoyance, with his back to the door, and unfortunately didn't notice the newest customer to come in to satisfy her own cravings.

<Yukio> Her employer's son was hard to miss, and so when Yukio spotted him pull up in the first daughter's car, it was impossible to resist a little scouting mission. She padded up behind him on silent feet, leaning into his personal space - and why wasn't he noticing her? He was no ninja. "Konnichiwa!"

<Shinobi> His hand phased through a mug in his surprise, and Shinobi backed up quickly enough to hip check the display table. "You again!"

<Hope> After several moments of staring out the window, Hope realized she saw her car. "Hey! My car!" But if her car was back... where was Shinobi? One was not supposed to disappear with car keys. Especially when it prevented someone else from escaping the house. Curious, Hope headed to the stairs, not sure where Sebastian was. "Dad?"

<Jessica> Jess heard the voice but it wasn't asking for her so she continued her one-sided conversation with Miriam. "And today Mommy electrocuted a talking raccoon for being mean. We don't point guns at angry spider ladies, no we don't."

<Shaw> Sebastian was in his work room, listening both to Jess above him in her watchtower and Hope rustling around downstairs. Yes? he sent to the latter, determining that was probably easier than bellowing. And less inclined to make Jessica stare at him and Miriam cry.

<Hope> Where are you? She had a guess and she headed up the stairs toward the work room.

<Yukio> "Yes, me! You're still a smart one I see." She gave him a mocking bow, sizing him up from the corner of her eye. "So.... how are yoooouuu?"

<Shinobi> "Fine," he said through gritted teeth, and turned his glare on that infuriatingly slow blonde barista behind the counter. His coffee order was placed on the counter while he righted the box he'd knocked over.

<Yukio> "Ooooh, tense, I think you mean." She smirked and grabbed his upper arm for a squeeze, laughing when he jerked away. "You don't need coffee!" Leaning close, she pretended to ignore him and waved at Chad. "Hi! My usual, okay?"

<Shaw> Working on Widget. The robot in question was fidgeting, which he was fairly certain was a new idiosyncrasy. Jessica had taught him all sorts of things.

<Hope> Ooo project! Momentarily distracted, Hope hurried up the rest of the stairs to the workroom. "How broken?"

<Jessica> Jess smiled at Miriam who was more interested in pulling her hair than looking out of the window but that was okay. "When you're bigger, if you have my powers, I will teach you how not to electrocute yourself because it hurts." She promised.

<Shaw> "Not broken, simply... improving." Widget looked up at Hope with large unblinking eyes and burbled quietly. "Nooo, you're not broken," he assured the robot.

<Hope> Hope rolled her eyes a bit. If she made her interface... it was so not having delicate feelings. "So um... out of curiosity... what do you do if someone still has your car keys and they aren't home yet but the car is?"

<Shaw> Sebastian cocked an eyebrow at Hope, the movement of his hand on the tiny screwdriver pausing. "I told you letting him borrow your car wasn't your brightest idea of the day. He has access to a company car." He considered this. "Although, it's no wonder you spotted that neon monstrosity."

<Hope> "You leave my car out of this," she told him, but smiled just a little. "Just kind of want to go do something, and can't be all 'hey, where are you' because who does that?"

<Shaw> "Apparently you." He smirked and went back to work. "Can't you tell where he is?" Sebastian tapped his temple with the handle of the screwdriver, glancing back at her quickly.

<Hope> "Isn't that like, the same?" She asked, picking up a screwdriver to fiddle with.

<Jessica> "Hope makes mummy feel ooooold," Jess whispered to Miriam, who squealed and grabbed another handful of her hair. "Ow ow ow..." she attempted to unclasp the tiny fist.

<Shinobi> "Yeah." He sidestepped her and picked up his coffee. "Chad, was it? How about you get those cookies first?" The look on the guy's face told Shinobi all he needed to know about Chad's IQ.

<Yukio> "Cookies? I'll have what he's having then," she piped up, all smiles. Hot son was still fun to play with!

<Shaw> Sebastian smirked to himself and sent Jess a wordless wave of affection. "No, not if you don't contact him. Just... sense him." He shrugged. "He's probably at Starbucks."

<Hope> Starbucks. Okay. That wasn't far. Hope concentrated, then smirked. "Apparently you do know him. I take it he needs a coffee fix often?" He better come home with a peppermint hot chocolate.

<Jessica> Jess smiled at the feeling and echoed it as she freed her hair and swapped it for her thumb.

<Shaw> "Oh, he doesn't go for the coffee..." The boy's peanut butter habit was actually quite amusing, considering.

<Hope> That caught her attention. She gave Sebastian a weird look. "What then?"

<Shaw> Curious about the look, he blinked at her and smirked. "Well, a man has to satisfy his cravings, after all," he said with a chuckle.

<Hope> "Well it's not a coffee craving... what craving?" He was being horribly cryptic.

<Shaw> Hope's expression was rather priceless, so he couldn't resist. "Chad will give him what he needs."

<Hope> "Chad? Who's Chad? What's happening?" She asked him quickly.

<Jessica> Up in the cupola, Jess giggled and shook her head, You're horrible.

<Shaw> That is that dimwitted blonde's name, yes? I know Yukio prattles on about him enough. Sebastian grinned. "Oh, everyone goes to Chad..."

<Hope> "Please tell me it's not drugs. I can't deal with another drug addict..."

<Jessica> Pretty sure it is, yes... but you know that wasn't my point.

<Shaw> Sebastian was the one confused now. "No, it's not drugs, although I suppose it might qualify as an addiction..." I believe I've lost my own point as well.

<Hope> "Then what else could he... oh.. Sebastian!" She shoved him, then paused. What if he was serious?! She gave him a horrified look. She couldn't say it didn't make sense...

<Shaw> He laughed at the shove. "Oh come now, you know you have to hit harder than that, little Stark."

<Jessica> Well find it again before her brain explodes....

<Hope> "This is no laughing matter!" Hope gave him a stern look.

<Shaw> I'm not sure what she's on about. "It's not?" He was still laughing, and gave up on the screwdriver to rub his face.

<Jessica> Then put her out of her misery? She's all paranoid...

<Hope> "No. It's not. I mean... with his hair... and impeccable taste in clothing." She leaned in to Sebastian. "He dresses better than me..."

<Jessica> Upstairs, Jess tried to stifle another laugh.

<Shinobi> Even when he got his cookies, either he would have to eat outside into the cold, or stick around here. Fuck. "Look, why don't you hang out with your buddy Chad and I'll just be... over there."

<Yukio> "That's not very friendly of you," she pouted.

<Hope> Hope shook her head. It was stupid. "I'm being stupid right?"

<Shaw> Sebastian just stared at her for a long moment in stupefied realization, then laughed harder.

<Hope> "Sebastian!" She shoved him again. "Stop that!"

<Shaw> "His hair is quite well coiffed," he repeated, snickering.

<Hope> "You are a complete ass," she told him softly.

<Shaw> Her tone had gone from confused to hurt, so he sighed. "He's not gay, if that's what you're so subtly insinuating. Wouldn't you be in the best position to know that, little Stark? Literally," he added with a smirk.

<Hope> "Well... I am pretty fantastic," she shrugged a bit.

<Shaw> "At least I don't believe he is... but then there was that incident with those panties..." Sebastian pretended to contemplate this. "Now Chad, I don't know about, but I suspect Yukio would be heartbroken."

<Jessica> Jess shuddered, Why would you bring that up!?

<Hope> Hope gave him an odd look. "Do I want to know?"

<Shaw> Sebastian just smirked. I couldn't resist... apologies. He was not at all sorry.

<Shinobi> "Yeah, well, too bad." Finally the cookies arrived and he snatched them and retreated to a table near the door.

<Yukio> She winked at Chad and since he was so good to bring her some cookies too, she changed her order with a grin. After all, she had to give hot son a few minutes to settle before she moved in on her prey. She watched Chad take his cookies back in confusion.

<Hope> Hope rolled her eyes and twirled the screwdriver. "So.... improving Widget, yes?"

<Shaw> "Yes, he's needed some work to his equilibrium sensors for some time." He tapped Widget with his screwdriver. "Right?" The robot whistled.

<Hope> Hope smirked and scooted closer so she could get a better look watching Sebastian work.

<Shaw> "He could be steadier on his feet, preferably without actually redesigning his feet." He rolled his chair just a bit to let her see what he was doing. "Robotic bipedal motion is difficult, as our own balance mechanisms are rather more sophisticated than you'd think at first blush."

<Hope> Hope nodded, trying to use what was given and come up with a solution in her mind. "I am positive that I'm glad my final isn't in this area," she laughed at him, considering looking at images of moving legs and feet.

<Shinobi> It definitely took most of the enjoyment out of the moment, with Yukio watching him from the counter while she flirted with the barista. Shinobi decided to ignore her, taking out his phone for entertainment while he had his snack and super-heated coffee.

<Jessica> Jess got the feeling that her ears would be filled with engineering talk if she stayed up there much longer and that wasn't especially relaxing so she got carefully to her feet and started down the stairs, Going to take a nap with Miriam.

<Shaw> All right, love, enjoy. He tweaked a server and Widget kicked. Sebastian chuckled. "Not quite the intended effect."

<Hope> Hope laughed with him. "Well..." She usually did better on the programming side to the robotics, but she could do this. She could totally do this. She pulled out her phone to Google videos of walking. "I need to see it."

<Shaw> "That's a good idea." He leaned a bit to watch one of the videos, then smirked slightly and went back to work. "We tend to ask more of him than that for which he was designed."

<Hope> "The design is just the starting point," Hope told him as she got her thoughts together. "Ok, so..." She looked back at Widget's feet. Maybe a complete redesign would be better.

<Shaw> "So," he said after a moment, pausing to give Hope a questioning look. "Do you have a hypothesis, little Stark?" Widget wriggled again and Sebastian clamped a hand onto the robot's shoulder. "Stay still, remember?"

<Hope> "Can we adjust his hip at all? It might help with the movement." She wondered aloud.

<Shaw> "Very good. That was on my list of simple adjustments to try. Widget, could you stand up, please?" The robot stood and Sebastian turned him, finding one of the small access panels near his hip joint. "I believe we'll try this and give it a day or two to see if there's any improvement, yes?"

<Yukio> Once again, he wasn't paying attention at all and she knew now why he was a terrible assassin. Coffee and brownie in hand - double chocolate salted caramel! Much better! - Yukio circled around behind Shinobi again and then plopped down uninvited in the overstuffed chair next to him. "Hello again! You can't always be anti-social. It's no fun."

<Shinobi> This time he didn't jump, but he did tense and looked up from the article he was trying to read, something a professor had recommended. "I'm not anti-social, you just don't seem to understand the concept of boundaries."

<Hope> "Yeah... right there!" Hope found the exact thing she was looking for and pointed it out to Sebastian.

<Hope> Hope went back to her phone, looking at the way the hip moved when it walked. "By adjusting the height of the rotation, or lowering, depending on what is needed, we should be able to compensate the way the body naturally does."

<Shaw> "Indeed, it's a sound theory." He made a few minor adjustments, and asked Widget to turn so he could reach the other access panel. Work complete, he stood and pushed the stool back with one foot. "Widget, if you would?" He held out both hands in case the robot lost his balance entirely.

<Yukio> "Ooooh, boundaries. You're learning lots of big words from that expensive therapist. Good for you!" Yukio leaned and patted his arm, her hand lingering to finish that feel she'd started at the counter.

<Shinobi> "Don't." He shifted away from her and picked up his last cookie to take a bite, washing it down with coffee.

<Hope> Hope got to her feet, twirling the screwdriver. She watched Sebastian and Widget, ready to make a quick adjustment if she needed to. "So for this test, we adjusted the hip upward two degrees? Is that right?"

<Shaw> "Correct. We should make note of that, and I'll close up his compartments and let him go for the time being." Sebastian gave the robot a fond pat. "He may want to go cry to mama, after all."

<Yukio> She laughed, not at all deterred, and rested her hand on the arm of the chair instead. "You're just like your father - no sense of humor. It's a shame."

<Shinobi> "I have a sense of humor," he pointed out, sipping his coffee and pretending to read. "But you can't take a hint. That's already caused me enough grief."

<Yukio> "Oh, come on... what hint should I take? There's no harm in having a little fun, and I think we would have fun..." She trailed her fingers over the back of his hand and wrist where they rested on the table.

<Hope> Hope snickered a bit. "Wherever she went..." She set the screwdriver down, satisfied with her work. "Should have celebratory scotch."

<Shaw> "She went to put Miriam down for a nap, and likely to join her." That sounded like a good plan, actually. "I believe I'll pass on that, little Stark. I may be a bit tired myself." He didn't at all bother hiding his smirk as he finished up with Widget.

<Hope> "I should go track down Shinobi.... so I can escape nap time." Hope cringed a bit, gathering up her things.

<Shaw> He just chuckled, a wicked grin growing. "Yes, you may go enjoy your own nap time."

<Hope> Hope just stared at him. "We don't nap! Well not.... those... ugh. Bye." Flustered, she made a break for the door.

<Shaw> Sebastian's laughter followed her out.

<Shinobi> "I don't think so." He was done with this, and he'd lost his appetite, even for peanut butter. Shinobi gathered the remainder of the cookie and the rest of his trash and got up, dumping everything into the container by the door. At least the coffee was safe enough to take home.

<Yukio> "Well, well, look at you..." She jumped up to follow, her own brownie sliding easily into a pocket and her coffee untouched in hand. "She has you trained, like a little lap dog. You really think the famous Stark party girl is giving up her fun on the side? That's just so... kawaii!"

<Hope> Adopting a rather brisk gait, Hope made a bee-line for a floor of the house that didn't leak 'napping' sounds. She needed out of the house. That was for sure. She texted David to be ready. They might be escaping. She paused to look out the window again. She had seen her car right?

<Shinobi> "As if you know anything about us," he snapped, slamming the door open harder than necessary and starting down the sidewalk to the house.

<Yukio> "It's us huh?" She laughed, trotting to catch up with his long strides.

<Hope> Her window gazing paid off. There was the car... and what was that? She looked closer and recognized Shinobi. And Yukio.

<Yukio> She caught his arm again. "Seriously, just stop."

<Shinobi> "What?" He spun around to face her, jerking away. "What is your issue?"

<Hope> "What?" Hope questioned aloud, watching with interest now. It was like some kind of drama unfolding, but instead of on the TV it was her life.

<Yukio> "Jessica told me to leave you alone," she said with a shrug, smirking up at him. "But why? You and party Stark?" Yukio laughed, shaking her head. "I read the gossip sites... I don't have much else to do, because watching you is boring." Mostly.

<Shinobi> "Stop calling her that." Why was she so hellbent to pester him?

<Yukio> "You're so eager to defend her!” She giggled. “There's no shame - she is what she is..." Stepping back in close, she again touched his wrist, lightly. "If she doesn't deny herself her fun, why should you?"

<Hope> Hope had to lean into the window, stopping just short of the glass and squinting her eyes. Was she touching him? She totally was. Wasn't she supposed to leave them alone? Oh. She was. She followed orders.

<Shinobi> She is what she is... yet not with him. Was it true? He leaned in, getting into Yukio's personal space, his voice low with suppressed anger. "Why don't you just listen to Jess then, and not worry about it? What we do or don't do is none of your fucking business."

<Yukio> "Do or don't do?" She leered, doing a little shimmy in place. She'd struck a nerve! Now to keep digging. "Yeah that's exactly my point. Who else is she doing? And hey, look who you could be doing!"

<Hope> If she got any closer she was going to leave a cheek print on the glass. She went for the door.

<Shinobi> "I don't want to-" Shinobi cut himself off, raising his hand to warn her away and turning back to the door. "This is ridiculous, and we're not having this conversation. Just... back off."

<Yukio> "Your loss." She gave his back an overly exaggerated pout and sipped her coffee, then smirking to herself. "My breast is here to cry on when you find out I'm right!" she called.

<Hope> Hope stopped herself at the door. All the insecurity that they were both carrying kept her from turning the knob. But Shinobi and Yukio were terribly close... and maybe... She grabbed her coat. Casual walk! She took a breath before opening the door and stepping outside.

<Shinobi> Focused on the sidewalk, he didn't see Hope at first. No, he wouldn't be crying to her, that was for sure... but it was the woman's job to watch everything they did. What did she know that he didn't? Remembering his coffee, he stopped and took a long drink, running his hand through his hair. Fuck, it was freezing out here.

<Yukio> She never missed things, so Yukio noticed Hope immediately. Oh look! The president's daughter was trying to look casual. "Jā matane," she called to Shinobi, tone sing-song and flirtatious, and turned to cross the street, putting a little extra sway into her step

<Hope> It froze her in her spot. Ja what? The hell? She wasn't exactly sure but it seemed very friendly. For a woman who knew to follow orders... Hope swallowed. He'd have had to seek her out.

<Shinobi> It took him a moment to decipher that, but he shot her back a sour look and started for the door. Then, he looked up at the front door. "Oh... hey..."

<Hope> "Hey." She echoed flatly, her hands shoving into her pockets.

<Shinobi> She was... off, and he winced. "Everything okay?"

<Hope> "I feel I could ask you the same question." She studied him, resisting the idea to go into his mind.

<Shinobi> "I just stopped to get some coffee and she showed up." He wanted to go to her, but he knew he couldn't.

<Hope> "Seems she does that a lot," Hope flicked her eyes over him carefully. What was off? What was wrong? Her mind tried to diagnose the problem.

<Shinobi> "Yeah, I don't know what her problem is..." She was staring at him, and he returned the favor, his chest aching. She is what she is. What if it was true? "I should go in... change. And it's cold as hell out here." He took a few steps toward her.

<Hope> "Change?" She questioned quickly, almost without thinking. Why would he need to change? She swallowed and shoved her emotions down.

<Shinobi> "Yeah, just... what I wore to class." He gave her a curious look, recalling her panic when her dad gave her those fucking cupcakes. Definitely, he needed to change. "Thought I should, um, change..." Nearly to the steps now, he finished his coffee.

<Hope> She realized she was blocking the door, so made no attempt to move. "I think you look fine." Think Hope, think.

<Shinobi> "Oh. Yeah... well..." She was acting weird and he tried to think of reasons why.

<Hope> She shifted her weight, trying to think. With so much insecurity, so much anger, it was hard to process anything. And then she realized they were on the street. She opened the door and let herself in, considering slamming it in his face.

<Shinobi> He took the steps two at a time right on her heels, spilling his coffee when the door slammed in his face. "Hey!" Shinobi pounded his fist on it, once, swearing. "Hope?"

<Hope> She shouldn't find that as amusing as she did, but Hope smirked despite herself. Then she thought for a half second. Had she actually slammed the door? She turned around to see if it was locked, since he had pounded on it. Nope, was open. Dumbass. She took a few steps away from the door and crossed her arms.

<Shinobi> No answer. Shaking off the coffee on his wool coat sleeve, and knowing this was going to stain, he swore again and tried the door handle. It was still open, so he went in. "What the hell was that for?"

<Hope> "Oops." She said almost lightly, watching him. "Guess you got your valid reason to change now. Wouldn't want it to stain." She clicked back to that comment from Sebastian about Chad. Maybe he was gay.

<Shinobi> "I didn't ask for Yukio to come do... whatever the fuck she thought she was doing, okay?" He blinked, picking up on something... weird. "I like this coat," he defended somewhat lamely, already heading for the basement door.

<Hope> "Might want to fix your hair while you're down there," she called after him. She just couldn't quite decide if he had gone through with it or not. There was only one reason someone would need to change immediately upon returning home. Only one she could think of. Anger flooded her again, just in time to catch the coat rack falling on top of her.

<Shinobi> His hair? What was wrong with it? He ran his hand through it, then heard the clatter and turned, dropping the cup and running the short distance across the foyer. His slick-soled shoes skidded on the tile but he was too late to stop the rack from falling. "Hope? Shit, are you okay?"

<Hope> Grumbling to herself, Hope got out from under the coat rack, working on righting that. "You're joking right? What's the real reason you are so desperate to change your clothes, Shinobi?"

<Shinobi> "What? Why is that so weird?" He was trying to help her with the coat rack without touching her, distracted and angry and hurt. Slamming it upright, the rack rocked in place for a moment and he backed off. "Just... whatever." With a huff he turned back to the stairs, scooping up the cup as he went. The remainder of his coffee spreading across the tile floor could just fucking wait.

<Hope> "Because it was the first thing on your mind." She told his retreating form. She had to get a towel. Jess would kill them. Swearing, she headed up the stairs. His cheating ass would have to wait.

<Shinobi> No, the first thing on his mind was he didn't want to kill her with peanut butter. He was already out of his coat by the time he reached the bottom of the steps and threw the cup into the trash. Whatever was wrong with her... maybe Yukio was right? No. Nononono. He fumbled with his buttons and frustrated, gave up and ripped the shirt, yanking it free of his belt and throwing it directly into the trash with a curse.

<Hope> For the moment, she was so over this damn house with all its damn stairs. She sped up, wanting this task done so she could leave. Once at the kitchen, Hope grabbed some paper towels, then headed back down the many stairs.

<Shinobi> Washing his hands, he stared at his reflection in the mirror, still confused. Cheating. Was that why she wanted to wait? They were so close, she said she loved him, yet they hadn't... Shaking his head once, sharply, to clear it, he splashed water on his face and then brushed his teeth quickly.

<Hope> Trying to shove her emotions down, Hope reached the first floor again and slowly cleaned up his mess. Why didn't she have a power to vaporize paper? She headed for the closest trash can, then took a seat on the stairs, thinking and brooding.

<Shinobi> He stared for just a moment longer, running both wet hands through his hair. Fuck, the coffee spill. He needed to clean that up, deciding his undershirt was good enough to wear for that. He'd find another shirt when he finished. Find a shirt, find Hope, try to sort this out. Grabbing a towel, he went up the stairs to the foyer and stopped. It was gone.

<Hope> Hope tapped her foot a bit, impatient, as she waited. When he came into sight, she watched him, smirking. The smirk quickly fell. "So how as it?"

<Shinobi> He saw her just as she spoke, then just stared in confusion. How was what? Class? "...fine?"

<Hope> She set her jaw, watching him carefully. "Glad to know your threesome with Chad and Yukio was only fine."

<Shinobi> "Wai...wha...?" His mouth dropped open slightly in actual shock. "What?!" She thought... he... and... "What the fuck?” Ew! What?! “Where did you get that idea?"

<Hope> "From you. Gotta get your needs met somewhere and I'm not doing it." And Sebastian. Chad meets those needs. And Yukio... she shook her head, like trying to rid herself of the thought.

<Shinobi> "How could you have possibly gotten that from me? Like hell am I going to fuck Yukio and... and that asshole at Starbucks? He's a guy!" This had to be Sebastian's fault. Hadn't Yukio said the same thing about Hope?

<Hope> "Why else would you need to change?! Obviously you reeked of slut. And man slut."

<Shinobi> "Um... no!" His horror overshadowed the rest of the comment for a moment, and then he realized. This was because he wanted to change clothes. "Because I had peanut butter, Hope, and I didn't want to fucking kill you."

<Shinobi> Shinobi froze, then closed the distance to her in a few steps. "She told me it was you fucking somebody else," he hissed.

<Hope> "She... who?" Hope asked, getting to her feet slowly. From the step she was on she got to actually look down at him, if barely. Somebody was getting their ass kicked.

<Shinobi> "Fucking Yukio." He wasn't sure he liked this feeling of her looking down on him, literally and figuratively. "What the hell is going on?" He closed his eyes for a long moment. "We have no reason to be fighting. I went to class, it was good... I wanted to..." Celebrate. A small victory, just in being normal.

<Shinobi> He opened his eyes, taking a step up. "I got the peanut butter cookies at Starbucks and she showed up. She was flirting, like she always does, but she was saying... you're the Stark party girl and... you weren't going to just settle for... for me."

<Hope> "Was," Hope corrected, taking another step up. "You two seemed awfully close outside for one. For two, perhaps you shouldn't listen to the whore who is trying to get into bed with you. Three... tell Sebastian he needs to hire himself a new employee." Hope started down the stairs this time.

<Shinobi> Her last two points were valid. His arm shot out and blocked her, his hand on the wall. "Hope, listen to me. Listen to yourself! This morning everything was good... nothing has changed."

<Hope> She moved quick, trying to dart under his arm. "Not for me it hasn't. I'm not the one sneaking around."

<Shinobi> "I wasn't sneaking!" He ducked with her and spun around, catching her with an arm around the waist and holding her in place.

<Hope> "You were," she pointed out, but paused in her escape. "And then you listen to the psycho who is trying to get you into bed with her. Which, who can fucking blame her, but still, dammit, what the hell!? I told you about my mistake. You know how much I regret that. How could you think I'd do it again?"

<Shinobi> "Sorry... I should have just said about the peanut butter," he moved to wrap his other arm around her.

<Hope> "You should have," she agreed, leaning back against him. "You change your clothes after you eat peanut butter?"

<Shinobi> "Yeah. Not always... but after your dad... and your hand..." He relaxed a little with her back in his arms. "I don't ever want to cause that."

<Hope> She had to smile. It was really the sweetest damn thing. She sighed, relaxing as her anger subsided. "I love you," she reminded him. It was the details that drew her to him every time: the fish named Flounder with a fork in the bowl, the going to the extreme to relieve peanut residue, and the way he read to her so she wouldn't have to. She swallowed hard. "And I'm sorry."

<Shinobi> He smiled and bowed his head to press his face into her hair. "I love you," he said, relieved, and tightened his arms around her.

<Hope> "I'm not cheating on you. And if Yukio tries to tell you otherwise, tell her I'm going to punch her in the face." She grumbled and rested against him.

<Shinobi> "Hoping to never talk to her again." He urged her to turn around.

<Hope> "I can live with that," she conceded and turned in his arms. Her eyes looked up to meet his as she pulled him closer.

<Shinobi> He held her gaze. "I am not cheating on you. Not with Yukio, sure as fuck not with Chad - and where the hell did you get that? - not with anyone. Why would I?"

<Hope> "I don't want to tell you... but I will... I think he was joking, but Sebastian said Chad met your needs. And well... I..." she had to look down. She was denying him certain ones.

<Shinobi> His eyebrows shot up in surprise and then his eyes narrowed. "Jackass."

<Hope> "And then how fussy you are about your hair... and you dress better than I do..." she trailed off. It had made sense earlier!

<Shinobi> That just made him blink, then laugh.

<Hope> "It's so not funny!" She pouted a bit. "I thought he was serious! And I had missed something really important." She looked up at him finally.

<Shinobi> He pressed his lips together and failed to stifle a chuckle. "No, it's a little funny." Sebastian was a dick, but Hope clearly was the one who still had doubts. "I'm guessing he meant the peanut butter cookies. I get them sometimes... Okay, a lot."

<Hope> "Ass... why wouldn't he just say that?" She sighed, brushing her fingers through his hair. "It's actually really, really sweet how much trouble you go through."

<Shinobi> "Because he likes to antagonize people." He brushed her hair back and tucked a bit behind her ear, urging her to meet his eyes. "Yeah? Well, I don't want to make you break out in hives..."

<Shinobi> Smirking, he decided to press on. "And just to be clear, I'm not gay... and I'm not going to say it isn't... difficult." He brushed his fingertips along her jawline. "Being so close to you... wanting you..." Voice dipping lower, he leaned in to confess against her ear. "It's a problem I have to take care of in the shower every morning, thinking of you..."

<Hope> She met his gaze, staying there until he moved to her ear. She bit her lower lip, pressing against him, then gave him a surprised look. Smiling just a little, Hope slid her fingers back through his hair, pulling him down for a soft kiss. "I won't listen to him again."

<Shinobi> He laughed a little, hoping he'd at least surprised her into belief. "Good, because if you bought it once you know he'll try it again."

<Hope> "I hate it when you're obviously right," she grumbled, but smirked. "I am really glad I do it for you though. Just saying."

<Shinobi> "More than do it. And, well, I'm reassured you aren't running away." He picked up a red curl to toy with.

<Hope> Smirking, Hope rested her head against his chest, watching him play with her hair. "If I ran, it would be to you."

<Shinobi> Except for just a few minutes ago, he didn't point out, considering this as he wound the strands around his finger.

<Hope> "Want to order take out and hide it from the Shaws?" she asked, smiling up at him.

<Shinobi> "Absolutely. I'm not going back outside today. Nope." Yukio was watching.

<Hope> Laughing, Hope kissed his cheek. "Pizza? Chinese? Jimmy Johns? What do you feel like?"

<Shinobi> "Hmm... you know what? That's up to you." Maybe he could handle this relationship thing after all.

<Hope> "Pizza it is." Hope moved to break his hold so she could get his hand instead. "With no vegetables. At all."