5/5 Instance: The Stuff of Dreams Part I

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

5/5 Instance: The Stuff of Dreams Part I

Post by Slarti »

Timelined a couple hours after Home Sweet Home

<Shinobi> He woke up warm, content, and not alone. They'd kissed, talked, kissed again, and in the end, exhaustion had caught up with them both. In the darkened room, he listened to Hope's even breathing and realized it was true... he could feel her, now that he knew where to look. Still surprised, he rested his hand over hers where it lay on his chest, his thumb tracing light patterns on her skin.

<Hope> The touching stirred her and she shifted, moving closer to the warmth beside her. She had slept soundly for quite some time and was not yet willing to leave that state.

<Shinobi> Taking a deep breath that turned into a yawn, he stretched and rolled to face her. Their hands between them, he watched her sleep. Beautiful. Beautiful, and his.

<Hope> She shifted as she started to stir, yawning and stretching a bit.

<Shinobi> Deciding he didn't care to pretend he was still asleep, he squeezed her hand.

<Hope> She grinned at that, quickly looking over. Yep. Her Obi. "Obi..." She slid closer to him, snuggling into his chest. "How long was I out?"

<Shinobi> "I haven't looked," he admitted, working his arm beneath her to make them more comfortable. "No more nightmares, though."

<Hope> "None huh? Maybe I should stay here more often," she half joked.

<Shinobi> "I wouldn't complain." He kissed her forehead and then flopped back onto the pillow with a sigh. "It's... nice."

<Hope> "It's really nice. And I actually slept," she admitted, sighing contently and touching his cheek gently. "Guess I had my Obi to fight away any nightmares."

<Shinobi> "Likewise." He smiled and caught her hand, holding it to his skin. "Haven't been sleeping well since New York."

<Hope> She nuzzled him gently, stroking his cheek with her thumb. "So you found the sex dungeons... that'd be enough to give me nightmares too."

<Shinobi> "I didn't find them," he said with a sour expression. "Monet St. Croix took me to them."

<Hope> She tried, really she did, not to giggle at him. "Ohhhh you met Monet. And she tried to get you into bed then? Not surprising."

<Shinobi> "Well, yes, and no. She did threaten to use some torture instruments on me..."

<Hope> Hope gave him a horrified face. "I'm so sorry."

<Shinobi> "She was trying to intimidate me." He smiled a little, sensing the change in her mood. "Brought up Essex... so... the dreams..."

<Hope> "Do you want me to beat her up for you?" she offered, kissing him softly. "So not ok for her to do that."

<Shinobi> He laughed, giving her another quick kiss. "I took care of her."

<Hope> "By doing what?" she asked, curious and worried now.

<Shinobi> "Don't worry," he said with a smile. "I didn't do anything but best her at her own game, then retreat." Even Sebastian had approved.

<Hope> She considered this, then smiled and kissed him softly. "That's my man."

<Shinobi> He grinned, but the expression faded at another memory. "She did, ah, take me into the armory and shooting range. I didn't know they had one in the lower levels." He licked his lips, taking a deep breath.

<Hope> Hope sat up quickly, looking down at him. "She did what?!"

<Shinobi> "Yeah," he said, dragging out the word as he blew out the breath slowly.

<Hope> Making a move on him was one thing. Trying to get him sent back to prison was another. "Why? Why did she take you there?"

<Shinobi> "I think it was a... test? Of some kind?" He shook his head.

<Hope> Unhappy, Hope lay back down on his arm. She might kick Monet's ass just for the hell of it. "Are you alright?"

<Shinobi> "Yeah." He licked his lips again, brought a hand to his face to rub his face, thinking. Was he?

<Hope> "It triggered nightmares... have you noticed anything else?" She hadn't been around him long enough to tell if he was behaving oddly, though she hadn't noticed anything thus far.

<Shinobi> Shaking his head, he smiled up at her. "I'm okay,” he said, realizing it was actually true. “You shocked?"

<Hope> "I don't know that I'm shocked, but surprised yeah. We talked about guns and... well...." she trailed off, looking down.

<Shinobi> She had a point, yet... "Yeah, I understand, but it was... different? It's like she was expecting me to grab a gun and open fire." He shook his head, reaching to take her hand again.

<Hope> Hope laced her fingers through his. "So it was a set up. To see if you would... snap... or whatever."

<Shinobi> "I think so." He'd had plenty of time to think about it, after all. "She asked me if I wanted to learn about the club to try to take it from her."

<Hope> "Do you?" she questioned, kissing his fingers softly.

<Shinobi> "I don't know. That would be... a long time, I think?" He watched her, smiling. "You're part of that Inner Circle, right?"

<Hope> She smirked at him. "The Black Rook. Same first position Sebastian had."

<Shinobi> "I think you should be the Black Queen then." He smirked. "Take that cougar down."

<Hope> She blinked at that. "Then I'd be your dad's queen."

<Shinobi> "He won't be that for long. She already cleaned out his office." He raised his eyebrows. "Not anxious to see him go at all."

<Hope> "Well that's true... but I don't really want the New York club. It's really far away. I have enough tugs on my time in DC. Though I'd make a better queen than her, for sure. Maybe. She doesn't really care about much." She brushed his hair back from his face to get a better view.

<Shinobi> "She cares about being a bitch," he laughed a little, leaning against her hand. "That was easy enough to see."

<Hope> "I'm just thankful you made it out in one piece. I like Monet and all... but I'm kind of protective of you I've discovered." She stroked his cheek with her fingertips.

<Shinobi> "Well that's good. I'm protective of you, too." Tugging on her other hand, he urged her to lie back down with him.

<Hope> Hope did as she was urged, laying her head against his chest. "You are protective of me." She smiled, snuggling into him better.

<Shinobi> "So," he said after a moment, of getting comfortable. "When we go, we'll be avoiding the dungeons... they have a pool. But, I think I'd prefer the one in the hotel. Considering." He shuddered a little, mostly jokingly.

<Hope> She snickered, looking up at him. "You don't want to tie me down and do... whatever it is they do in there?"

<Shinobi> He met her gaze, considering, and picked up a piece of her hair, twirling it. Finally, he shook his head. "I don't want to tie you down... not with chains or straps, like in that place."

<Hope> She had to smile. He had actually considered it. Hope leaned up and kissed him. "Good. Because that place freaks me the hell out."

<Shinobi> "It should," he laughed. "Freaked me out."

<Hope> She shuddered and pressed herself against him. "Just because I like it when you take charge... don't think I could go to that level. Especially not at the club. When I go down there, I wear my earphones as I have to walk by."

<Shinobi> "You like that, huh?" He smirked, still playing with her hair, brushing the ends softly over her mouth. First upper lip, then lower. "Smart move, I'd say. That whole.... scene. Just, why?" He'd seen real torture and there was nothing pleasurable about it. "It seems... pointless."

<Hope> She smirked back, face flushing a bit until his tone turned more serious. Maybe that was the difference right there. Those people hadn't actually been tortured. Maybe it was just a game to them. They could end it with a safe word at any time. "And I'm sorry, but if I'm going to create a scene it's going to be a SCENE and have nothing to do with sex."

<Shinobi> "I believe that." He laughed a little. "I'd rather just have sex without any scenes. A view, maybe," he said with a grin. "Somewhere tropical..." With her on a beach. Oh. He shifted his hips away from her slightly. That was... a little too good to picture right now.

<Hope> "We own a house in Malibu," she blurted out, the images getting to her too. She definitely wanted that now, if she hadn't before. "And by we... I mean.... Starks." A smile spread across her face. "Which means...."

<Shinobi> "Your dad has it bugged?" That did an excellent job of killing his fantasy.

<Hope> She shoved him a little, laughing. "No! That there are no Shaws! Just... us." And she was totally going to check the place for bugs now.

<Shinobi> He gave in and laughed, flicking her with her own hair. "Just us," he repeated, craning his neck to kiss her forehead, at her hairline. "I like the sound of that. Just us, and a beach."

<Hope> She sighed happily, smiling more as she closed her eyes and imagined it. "Yes. I am definitely good for some real alone time with you."

<Shinobi> "Mmm." Slowly, he pressed kisses along to her temple and chuckled.. "Give Sum a blindfold, some earplugs? Or Drake." He wasn't sure which would be worse to have there. "Just tell me when," he whispered.

<Hope> "While a weekend would be fun... Spring Break is coming up. A whole week..." She shifted to trail kisses along his cheek.

<Shinobi> "A whole week, huh?" It wasn't that far off, although he wasn't going to get his hopes up. "Not even in real classes yet and I get a spring break? I can handle that." He smiled, closing his eyes to enjoy the attention and sneaking his hand under the hem of her shirt to feel her soft skin again.

<Hope> Her kisses trailed down his neck slowly. "A whole week... alone... with me." She couldn't think of anything better at the moment. A week with him in Malibu, on the beach. No parents.

<Shinobi> "Paradise..." He remembered that black strappy swimsuit well.

<Hope> "Paradise," she agreed, sliding her fingers over his bare chest, watching what she was doing.

<Shinobi> Stroking her side and back, he took a deep breath and opened his eyes to look up at her curiously. Her tone sounded different and he wasn't sure what he felt from her. She might be picking up on his own arousal, but there wasn't much he could do about that.

<Hope> She let out a ragged breath, looking up to catch his gaze. Between the way he looked at her and the way he touched her, Hope decided they had waited long enough. She very nearly whispered in his ear, but she stopped. There could be prying ears. Obi... I love you. I'm ready to be yours. Completely

<Shinobi> He blinked at her, fairly certain he'd imagined that. Reaching up, he cupped her cheek, pushing himself up on one elbow to see her better. You're sure?

<Hope> She smiled softly, nuzzling his hand. Yes. I am absolutely sure.

<Shinobi> I love you, too. Smiling, he leaned in and gave her a gentle kiss, fingers slipping back into her hair.

<Hope> She smiled in the kiss, wrapping her arms around him, her fingers sliding slowly along his back. With her guard let down, she had only him and how much she wanted him left on her mind.

<Shinobi> Surprised, he broke the kiss and grinned. Wow, well... this is going to be... I think I like this link already.

<Hope> She matched his grin, looking up at him. Yeah. Me too.

<Shinobi> He leaned in and kissed her again, nipping her lower lip playfully, then sat up a little. Reaching for the hem of her shirt, he met her eyes and wordlessly asked for permission.

<Hope> She nodded with a smile, biting her lip a little as she did. Everything felt so different with him in her mind, and being in his as well. His touch on her skin felt more intense, waking her up. She didn't want it to stop.

<Shinobi> Peeling the shirt up slowly, he skimmed his hands over her curves. It echoed in his mind and he blew out a shaky breath. Wow. He tossed her shirt to the foot of her bed and turned back to take her in. God, you're beautiful. He traced her collarbone with a fingertip, hand dipping lower.

<Hope> She watched his face, taking in his expression with his emotions. Thank you. I do try, just for you, she admitted, her own fingers tracing over his shoulder and his arms before reversing course and trailing up his arm and toward his neck.

<Shinobi> You don't have to try. He flattened his palm on her chest, hand sliding back upward to curl behind her neck. Drawing her closer, he paused, his mouth hovering over hers for a moment before he kissed her.

<Hope> Eager, Hope went into his kiss, her hand running through his hair the way he liked it. Her other hand opened and the remote flew into it. She paused the kiss only to look down at the remote. She pressed the power button, then turned the volume up. This is our moment, she told him gently. She wasn't sharing this moment with anyone but him.