3/11 Instance: Breakfast Bundle

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

3/11 Instance: Breakfast Bundle

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for February 14th.

<Cessily> Cessily pretended to be asleep, hiding her smile in the pillows, while she listened to Carol rummage about as quietly as she could. It became more difficult when the smell of freshly brewed coffee reached her nose.

<Carol> Breakfast made, finally edible, Carol arranged everything on a tray and carried it over to the bed. She knew Cess was awake, no one could sleep through that, but she still set it down on the bedside table and bent to press a kiss to her girlfriend's cheek, "Happy Valentine's Day..."

<Cessily> Her smile grew into a grin, and with a happy sigh leaving her lips, Cess turned around to look up at Carol. "Happy Valentine's Day." Her gaze drifted from her girlfriend's eyes to the tray she carried. Having expected fresh coffee, the shock at what she saw was plain on her face.

<Cessily> "You... made breakfast?" She asked, as if to convince herself.

<Carol> "Don't be too impressed... it probably doesn't taste good..." Carol wrinkled her nose, "But I've been practising for days..."

<Cessily> Her eyes went back to Carol's face, and she blinked in disbelief. "You made breakfast?" Cess looked at her as if she had accomplished the most astonishing thing. "But I am impressed!" Her face lit up with a grin. "It smells delicious. And it looks... even edible."

<Carol> "You're welcome?" Carol laughed a little, "Better eat it before it gets cold then, huh?"

<Cessily> "Thank you so much!" Cessily stretched her neck to press a kiss to Carol's lips. "And you won't have to ask me a second time." After shuffling up the bed to sit upright, she marvelled at the breakfast in front of her one more time, then grabbed the fork and stuffed her face with pancakes.

<Carol> Carol laughed again, reaching to tuck a lock of hair behind Cessily's ear so she didn't eat that in her enthusiasm. While she was distracted, Carol went to the cupboard that usually had scotch in it and retrieved two packages and a plant.

<Carol> "You'll have to excuse the pot this is in... there was nothing else given the time of year..." She brought that over first, setting it down on the table now that the tray wasn't on it anymore.

<Cessily> Cessily's eyes widened and turned shinier than usual. "Yoo 'ot me 'ore?" she asked through another mouthful of pancakes, a look on her face as if she couldn't believe to be treated such.

<Carol> Carol nodded with a laugh, "Yeah, I did." She picked up the two boxes next, offering her the largest one first.

<Cessily> Scarfing down her breakfast so her mouth was free to talk, Cessily took the offered gift from Carol. As she looked up from the box to her girlfriend's face, her expression turned from astounded to excited. "What did I do to deserve all this?"

<Cessily> She looked like a child on Christmas morning as she unwrapped her present, careful not to damage the packaging. Her breath got stuck in her throat when she lifted the lid. "Oh Carol..."

<Carol> "You're a great girlfriend... so I figured I better let you know I appreciate it..." She smiled, sitting down on the bed beside Cessily, "You like it?"

<Cessily> "It's absolutely gorgeous. I absolutely love it!" Cessily turned to Carol and leaned over, firmly locking her lips to the other woman's. "Can I take it out?" she asked, her shiny fingers carefully tracing the shape of the beautiful geode inside the box.

<Carol> "Of course you can. How else are you going to add it to your collection of rocks?" She touched Cessily's cheek with the back of her fingers.

<Cessily> Cessily glanced at Carol with a grin, before carefully slipping her fingers underneath the precious rock to lift it out of the decorative box. "It's so beautiful," she said, her eyes glued to the shiny rock. "Thank you so much, Carol."

<Carol> "You're welcome," she smiled again, it made her feel good to see Cessily so happy with something she'd done. "And there's one more thing..." she held up the smaller box.

<Cessily> She had completely forgotten about the other box, and looked all the more baffled for it. "Aw Carol..." She felt incredibly spoiled, and had to admit it wasn't an unpleasant feeling. A big smile formed on her lips as she carefully put the geode back and took the smaller box. "You're unbelievable."

<Cessily> Cessily stole another kiss before unwrapping her second gift - actually the third, considering Carol's attitude towards kitchens and early mornings. Then she lifted the lid of the little box, speechless for a moment.

<Carol> Carol chewed her lip, trying to read the expression on Cessily's shiny face, "Do you like it?"

<Cessily> "It's..." She tried to think of a word she hadn't yet used too much, one that would do Carol's gift the credit it deserved. In the end, she decided only a kiss would do. "It's perfect," she whispered.

<Carol> She smiled again, "I'm so relieved you like it," she wrapped her arms around her. "I wanted to do something special... I've never done Valentine's Day before..."

<Cessily> "For your first time, you did amazingly." Cessily returned the gesture and pulled Carol into to tight embrace, kissing her once again. "Thank you so much. I don't know what to say..."

<Cessily> This was as long as she could contain her joy, and simply had to lift the silver and green pendant from the box. "Just look how perfectly it fits my hair!"

<Carol> "I think I did well on both counts there," Carol pointed out with a laugh.

<Cessily> "You definitely earned your extra credit." Cessily grinned and hugged Carol again. When she let go, she gave her girlfriend a big eyed look and held up the pendant. "Help me put it on, please?"

<Carol> "Sure," she knew Cess didn't really need her help but she took the pendant anyway to set it in place around her neck.

<Cessily> "Thank you." Cessily turned around and held her hair out of the way, so Carol could close it in the back of her neck. "I have something for you, too, you know?" She smiled sheepishly over her shoulder. "Of course, I didn't expect to be naked in bed when I give it to you, but you kind of beat me to it."

<Cessily> With a flourishing wave of her hand, she produced a small jewelry box from seemingly nowhere. Hiding things was easy when your body was made of liquid metal. "Happy Valentine's day."

<Carol> Carol pressed a kiss to the exposed back of Cessily's neck before she straightened up an accepted her gift, "Thank you." She opened the box finding a necklace with an aeroplane on it and laughed a little, "It's great..." she took it out of the box to look at it properly.

<Cessily> "Do you like it?" Cessily asked, sounding hopeful as she bounced on the bed. "I thought you really liked planes and so..." She bit her lip. "Made it myself, you know?"

<Carol> "It's lovely, thank you," she leaned to kiss Cessily's cheek, "Not really supposed to wear jewellery at work but..." she carefully wrapped the chain around her wrist and fastened it there, "I'll make an exception for this."

<Cessily> "You're welcome." Cessily grinned. "It's not just any silver either." She added in a hushed, awkward voice, "I hope that's not too creepy."

<Carol> Carol blinked at her, while that processed then she slowly shook her head, "It's not creepy... it's kind of nice actually."

<Cessily> "Yeah?" Looking relieved, Cess beamed a smile at Carol. "Oh good. I was really worried you'd think me a weirdo. I mean, more of a weirdo." She gestured at the pendant. "I just donated a drop. That doesn't hurt or anything. Chris showed me how to work the metal."

<Carol> "No, I love it, really... Now I can take you with me everywhere... even if I end up getting reassigned somewhere."

<Cessily> Her smile grew into a grin. "That was the idea!" Cessily cheered, before throwing her arms around Carol. A worried look passed over her face. "Not that I hope you get reassigned anytime soon."

<Carol> "Well I hope not too... but I might piss off the wrong person sometime soon... and I don't want to spoil today so can we leave this conversation for another time?"

<Cessily> Cessily swallowed her concern and nodded eagerly, her smile returning. "Besides," she said, shuffling back against her pillow before she heaped the tray back onto her lap, "it would be a real shame if we let this get cold."

<Cessily> With a grin, she shoved another pancake into her mouth.

<Carol> Carol laughed, "Yeah, enjoy your breakfast." She got up and bent to press a kiss to the top of Cessily's head, "I'm going to get a cup of coffee... want a refill?"

<Cessily> "Please!" She quickly downed the rest of her coffee and passed the mug back to Carol. She smiled. "Thanks again... for everything."

<Carol> "Anytime," she smiled and took the mug, heading for the coffee pot, "I know I've not really been around lately... too much going on out there..." she glanced out the window.

<Cessily> "Yeah, I noticed." Cessily raised a hand to scratch the back of her head. It was impossible to miss that Carol had been stressed lately. More than usual, that was. "If I can help you with anything, just let me know."

<Carol> "Of course I will," she nodded, bringing Cess her coffee.

<Cessily> She smiled back at Carol, with the hope she would at least consider her offer. "Thank you." She took a sip of the fresh coffee, her smile growing bigger. "Seeing how I owe you a splendid meal, how about I cook us something special for dinner tonight?"

<Carol> Carol nodded, "I'd like that," she smiled, "I have nothing scheduled for this evening too so I might even make it on time.... should I dress up?"

<Cessily> "If you wish to," Cess replied, leaning close to kiss the side of Carol's neck. "I think it won't make a difference once our clothes are on the floor, anyway."

<Carol> Carol laughed, nodding in agreement, "You're probably right... I'll think of something." She finished off her coffee, "And now I'm going to take a shower."

<Cessily> "Enjoy!" Cessily grinned at her. "If you're hoping for any leftovers, you better hurry." Her grin got even bigger before she chomped down on a juicy fresh strawberry.

<Carol> "You eat as much as you like, I'll just be in here if you need me," she dropped her robe by the door on her way into the bathroom.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6