6/19 Instance: Differing Opinions

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
JackSkulls
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Nightscrawlearth Character: :maverick :shaman

6/19 Instance: Differing Opinions

Post by JackSkulls »

Timelined shortly after A Monster of a Vacation

<Kat> Kat was sitting in the kitchen at the table with a large steaming cup of coffee and her coding book. She was trying to figure out how to make her robot work. She was satisfied with the hardware she had compiled, but now she was struggling with the code. She was planted in the closet because well, coffee.

<Christopher> Chris had been searching all over the school for her, he'd been to their room, his classrooms but he couldn't find her. Chris had even gone so far as to check Sebastian's classroom to see if she was there getting help with her robotics stuff. The old saying proved to be true though, it's always in the last place you look. He slowly snuck up on his girlfriend and gave the back of her neck a soft kiss. "Hey there Kat."

<Kat> Kat was fully engrossed in her reading, not aware of Chris entering the room. When he kissed her neck, she jumped and spilt the cup she had been holding. "Fuck." She hissed. She looked up and noticed her boyfriend. "Oh hey."

<Christopher> "Oh shit, hey you okay?" Chris quickly grabbed a few paper towels to help clean up the mess.

<Kat> "I'm fine, nothing like coffee burn to wake me up." She got up and crossed the kitchen to the sink to rinse off her arm. The cool water helped ease the pain of the burn. When she was finished, she hopped up onto the counter.

<Christopher> "I'm sorry Kat...." Chris kissed her cheek softly. "You busy?"

<Kat> "Nope. Not busy." She rubbed her hands across her face. She had been staring at the same pages for an hour. "What's up?"

<Christopher> "I... we need to talk." Chris didn't know how to handle this. "I'm taking a little time off working here. All the stress is getting to me and a little extra was piled ontop recently." He quickly realized that she might think he meant her, "not you! I promise, it's not you. My... my ex-wife is here teaching now. I ran into her and had a mini-breakdown. I talked to Cess, she thinks it's a good idea. I've got Pietro and Hank running some tests just to calm some of my crazy. But I need to get away from everything for a little bit."

<Kat> Kat was shocked. Chris just dumped more information on her. An reappearing ex-wife. And a disappearing boyfriend. "Uh. How long? How long are you leaving for?""

<Christopher> "Just a week. Then I'll be back. You won't even notice I'm gone." He carefully slid his arms around her trying to comfort her.

<Kat> Kat didn't lean in to him. She was confused and frustrated. She had finally gotten over the whole monster news he had sprung on her. And now he was leaving. She started to pace.

<Christopher> Chris sighed and let her go when she started to move away. "Kat I just need some time. I'm not leaving forever."

<Kat> "You're running."

<Christopher> "Kat I'm going to come back, I just need some time to relax and get my head away from everything that's going on. If I was running I could go anywhere and not be found. I'm just going for a week of vacation I'm not even going to be more than three hours away."

<Kat> Kat just nodded. She bit her lip. She knew that this had something to do with her, even though he said it hadn't.

<Christopher> Chris didn't know what to say. The truth was he didn't think he needed to argue with her that he needed a vacation. "I'm leaving in a few days, and I'll be back before you know it."

<Kat> Kat swallowed. She gave a tight smile."Enjoy your trip."

<Christopher> "Kat.... What's wrong?" Chris frowned a little, he needed this but he didn't want to upset her.

<Kat> "Nothings wrong." Kat pushed passed Chris and started gathering up all of her stuff, shoving papers and books into her messenger bag. "Seems like its just a little out of left field, that's all. Enjoy your vacation." She put the half-empty coffee cup in the sink.

<Christopher> "Kat.... I'm sorry if this upsets you but you know what I'm going through... and now I have the added stress of my ex-wife being around. I need some time to sort shit out, hopefully come back a little less crazy."

<Kat> Kat gave him a grin that didn't quite reach her eyes. "I hope that works out for you. Less crazy is always better than full on crazy." She paused. "But I just have to say one thing... I think that you are running. Running from the stress that I've caused, from your memories, from your ex-wife, from the people who can help you. I just worry about you. That's all."

<Christopher> "I'm just taking a break from things. I'll be back I promise. If not you can call Carol and she'll whoop my ass and bring me back here so you can too. Deal?"

<Kat> "Don't make that promise okay? Just don't do anything stupid while you are gone. I don't want to get a call from Carol telling me that you've driven yourself off a cliff or wrapped yourself around another tree. I don't know if I could handle that."

<Christopher> "Kat I'm almost completely invulnerable.... But I promise I'll be safe." He wanted to tear his own hair out. He was an adult and she's treating him like a child.

<Kat> "Good. Have a great vacation then. Let me know when you get back and we will catch up." She slung her bag over her shoulder and mentally calculated what to do. She didn't want to go back to Chris' room; it didn't feel right staying there when he wasn't on campus. Taking a deep breath she knew it was time to head back to her room.

<Christopher> "Alright, I'll let you know when I get there." Chris started to wonder if he'd even have a girlfriend to come back to when he left the resort.