7/8 Instance: Healing Begins

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

7/8 Instance: Healing Begins

Post by Slarti »

Timelined after Hair-Brained

<Hope> Hopes hair was still curled and looked nearly as fabulous as it usually did. She was back in her own clothes at least, wearing jeans and a long sleeved shirt. She felt... Human. It was strange. Knowing Obi would be home soon, she had camped out on her bed, responding to a few Twitter posts.

<Shinobi> Car parked, Obi took a moment to look longingly at Starbucks, then decided it could wait. He wanted to see Hope. Things had been better over the last couple of days since she'd come home, after all. Hey, I'm back. Class was actually pretty boring today.

<Hope> She couldn't stop the grin on her face. Hope tossed her phone aside. He was home. Hey! Come on upstairs. Tell me all about it.

<Shinobi> He smiled, pocketing his keys and greeting Sharky and the other residents of the house as he sprinted up the stairs. At the door of her room - their room now - he stopped. "Wow."

<Hope> Hope hopped off the bed and moved to greet him by wrapping her arms around his neck. "Hey!"

<Shinobi> "Hey!" He picked her up, laughing, and gave her a spin. When he set her back down he held her at arm's length before hugging her tightly again. "You look great."

<Hope> Her face flushed, smirking just a bit. "Yeah?" She leaned up, kissing him. "Thanks!"

<Shinobi> "Yeah..." He stroked her back, prolonging the kiss. "You smell great too," he said, grinning into the kiss.

<Hope> Hope couldn't help but grin back at that. "Jess did my hair. I... tried."

<Shinobi> "You succeeded." He moved back, taking her hand and checking her out as he led her to sit on the bed. She was wearing her own clothes. Nothing fancy, but her own. He couldn't stop smiling at her.

<Hope> "What?" Hope asked, catching and matching that grin.

<Shinobi> "Nothing," he laughed, but when he sat he pulled her into his lap. "You just... you look like you." Obi picked up a red curl. "Ariel."

<Hope> Face flushing again, Hope got comfortable in his lap. "Getting there. Maybe I can do my hair on my own tomorrow."

<Shinobi> "Maybe so. Did you have fun with Jess?" He snuggled into her.

<Hope> "I did! We made fun of David." She nuzzled his cheek, kissing it.

<Shinobi> "Well that's always a good time." He laughed again, brushing their noses together. "Be careful, I didn't shave this morning. Got up too late."

<Hope> She grinned and kissed his stubble. "Do you need me to get you up?"

<Shinobi> He snorted, angling his head to meet her eyes with a wry grin. "Always."

<Hope> She wrinkled her nose at him and kissed the tip of his nose.

<Shinobi> Laughing, he fell over backwards and took her with him.

<Hope> Laughing with him, Hope rested her head on his chest. "I'm glad you're home."

<Shinobi> "I'm glad to be home." He took her hand, playing with her delicate fingers, then kissed her knuckles. "I missed you."

<Hope> "I missed you too," she mumbled against him, eyes closed.

<Shinobi> "Did you do anything else fun while I was gone?" He kept her hand, lips still pressed to her skin so she could feel his smile.

<Hope> "It took all day to do this hair," she told him, actually giggling just a little. "But making fun of David is fun."

<Shinobi> He laughed, turning toward her a little to get more comfortable. "We should do something. Even maybe just a movie?"

<Hope> "I thought about that too." She opened her eyes to look up at him. "How do you feel about a picnic?"

<Shinobi> "A picnic?" After a moment of thought, he grinned, kissing her hand again. "Where do you want to go?"

<Hope> "Boston has lots of parks and gardens. Whichever one David can secure?" She smiled at his grin, leaning in to rub her nose with his.

<Shinobi> "Sounds good to me." He sighed then, stretching underneath her. "Too bad pbj is off the menu," he teased.

<Hope> She wrinkled her nose and poked him. "You can have a peanut free butter that tastes like crap," she teased back, laughing.

<Shinobi> "Hmm, or nutella." He considered that. "You know, I was googling stuff one day... there's such a thing as sunflower butter."

<Hope> Hope paused, staring at him. "So... we so have to try this magical butter made of my favorite flower, yeah?"

<Shinobi> "We do," he agreed, nodding solemnly.

<Hope> Hope stole a loud kiss from him. "This is why I love you."

<Shinobi> "I love you because now you'll make David locate this magical butter for you." His grin turned wicked and he craned his neck to steal another kiss.

<Hope> "Of course I will! That's what he's paid for right? Doing my personal shopping?" She kissed him again, grinning in it.

<Shinobi> "Might want to make him taste test it too, just to be sure." By now he was thoroughly amused and raised his free hand to her hair, tangling his fingers in her curls as they kissed.

<Hope> "Yes!" she managed around the kiss, sliding her arms around him and relaxing there.

<Shinobi> He sighed, enjoying the moment. There was still a long road to her recovery, and his, he supposed, but this was good. It was great. I love you, he reminded her, sharing his feelings and happiness.

<Hope> I love you too, Obi She let a bit more of her shield down to let him feel her own emotions. They echoed his own, accompanied by a feeling of contentment and peace.

<Shinobi> Finally breaking the kiss, he smiled at her, brushing their noses together. "I'm tempted to just stay here all day, but it wouldn't kill us to go outside. The weather's nice. It's spring, after all."

<Hope> "It'll be nice to be outside. Get some fresh air. You can snuggle with me allll night," she promised, kissing his cheek gently.

<Shinobi> "Oh, I plan on it." He stretched again and carefully sat up. "Guess I better change if we're going to a park."

<Hope> "And shave," Hope grinned at him playfully.

<Shinobi> "And shave," he agreed, rubbing his hand over his mouth and taking a look at hers. "Sorry," he chuckled.

<Hope> "You can make it up to me after you're not all stubbly," she assured him, laughing. She slowly got to her feet to tell David what he needed to do.

<Shinobi> "Yes, princess," he laughed, getting up as well to go to his side of their now-shared closet to see if he had anything suitable. "I should get the rest of my clothes from the dungeon, but I'm not sure where to put them."

<Hope> "You're not tossing out any of mine!" She threatened, going for her phone.

<Shinobi> "You know, it might have been easier when you were just wearing mine..."

<Hope> "You complained about that," Hope pointed out, laughing.

<Shinobi> "It wasn't a complaint," he protested, finding what he was looking for and starting for the bathroom.

<Hope> "It wasn't?" Hope asked, sending the text to David.

<Shinobi> "Not really." He stood in the doorway, watching her while he unbuttoned his shirt.

<Hope> Hope paused what she was doing, her eyes on him. "I didn't think you liked it much."

<Shinobi> He tugged the shirt free from his waistband and took the opportunity to look away as he peeled it off. "It wasn't that I didn't like it," he said quietly. "I just didn't like what it represented."

<Hope> Hope stayed quiet for a moment, nodding a bit. "I can understand that."

<Shinobi> "Otherwise," he said, looking back up with a smirk, "I like it." Head tilted, he looked her over again. "It reminds me you're mine."

<Hope> Hope wrinkled her nose at him, moving to wrap her arms around his waist. "All yours."

<Shinobi> The smirk melted into a smile and he gave her a kiss, closing his arms around her. "I'm not wearing my clothes either right now."

<Hope> "Usually how I prefer you," she admitted, resting her head against his chest.

<Shinobi> "I think David might protest if I went like this..." He was less self conscious now, since his scars were fading surprisingly fast.

<Hope> "He might. I wouldn't," she laughed, placing a gentle kiss on his chest before she released him.

<Shinobi> "Well, it is your opinion that matters," he said, turning around to look in the mirror. Obi ran a hand over his stomach, inspecting the scar, then shrugged to himself and rubbed his jaw. Time to shave.

<Hope> "Should I make us something... or pick up food on our way?"

<Shinobi> "Make us something?" His tone was dubious as he assembled what he needed and got to work.

<Hope> Hope put her hands on her hips. "I can make a sandwich!"

<Shinobi> He had to pause mid-swipe to bite his lip to keep from laughing. "Okay, okay. Sure, if you want to."

<Hope> "Well I don't want to now," she sassed him, plopping herself down. "We can grab something."

<Shinobi> "Aww, after you had me looking forward to your sandwiches?" He pouted a bit, pausing to look at her with half his face lathered.

<Hope> Hope eyed him a bit. "Okay okay, I'll go pack us a picnic."

<Shinobi> Grinning in triumph, he went back to work.

<Hope> Hope shook her head and headed to the kitchen to do just that. You doubt my sandwich making abilities.

<Shinobi> Well it doesn't matter now since you're going to prove them, right? After a moment, he swore, dropping the razor into the sink at the first drips of blood.

<Hope> Of course I... hey are you alright?

<Shinobi> Yeah, fine. He leaned closer to the mirror to inspect the damage and frowned at himself.

<Hope> Only half convinced, Hope stayed alert in their link as she made them sandwiches.

<Shinobi> Relieved Hope wasn't in the room now, he cleaned up the mess and finished shaving once he was sure the bleeding stopped. It was a shallow cut, but near enough to his mouth it'd show.

<Hope> Do we have any chips stashed? Or brownies?

<Shinobi> I think they're downstairs in the dungeon. Get them on the way out? Finished, he frowned at his reflection. That better not scar.

<Hope> Only if you go with me, she replied, slipping some drinks into the basket.

<Shinobi> Of course. I'll protect you from the monster in the dungeon. He smirked at that, pulling on his fresh shirt. The truth was, he didn't like the isolation of that room either anymore.

<Hope> My hero! she giggled, taking the basket down to the entrance to wait for him.

<Shinobi> He located a pair of athletic shoes and started down the stairs, jumping over Sharky when he didn't move out of the way.

<Hope> Hope looked up as he came down the stairs, grinning at him. "Hey there se.... what happened?" she moved to him, sliding her arms around his neck once she was close enough.

<Shinobi> "My hand slipped, I guess." He smirked. "Karma is a bitch." Leaning in, he gave her a quick kiss. "It doesn't look that bad, does it?"

<Hope> Hope returned the kiss, then gave him an odd look. "No..." She didn't look at his eyes, but rather the small wound which was getting smaller... and smaller.

<Shinobi> Now self conscious of it, he raised his hand to his face to prod it. "I guess I could get a bandaid."

<Hope> She pulled his hand away. "Obi... I don't think you're going to need that."

<Shinobi> "What?" Confused, he stared at her. He'd realized she or Jess either one might not have reacted well to seeing his blood again, even just a small amount, but this was weird.

<Hope> "Babe..." the nickname slipped out as she tugged him toward the closest mirror.

<Shinobi> "What?" He stopped at the mirror and stared, then leaned in and squinted. The cut was nearly healed. Now he touched it, testing the area.

<Hope> "I didn't do that...." Hope whispered, watching him, but she kept one of his hands, nervous now.

<Shinobi> "How..." His voice shook a little and he couldn't tear his eyes from the mirror.

<Hope> "I don't know," she whispered still, tightening her grip on his hand.

<Shinobi> Obi looked at her, eyes wide. After a blink, he raised his shirt to check his scar. It was still there, but just as he'd noticed earlier, it was fading.

<Hope> After a hard swallow, Hope moved her hands to his scar, really inspecting it now. "Does it hurt?"

<Shinobi> "No. Not anymore..." His voice was barely above a whisper. This made no sense. He'd never had healing powers.

<Hope> "Should... should we tell dad?" Hope looked up at his eyes finally, searching his face.

<Shinobi> "I don't know." He frowned. "Not... now anyway. I need to think." Dropping his shirt, he stepped forward and slid his arms around her, shaken.

<Hope> "Okay," Hope mumbled into his chest, holding onto him rather tightly.

<Shinobi> They stood like that for some time, then he took a deep, uneven breath. "I'll get those chips and we can go."

<Hope> "Do you want me to come with you?" she offered, in absolutely no hurry to release him.

<Shinobi> He just nodded and took her hand to go down the stairs.

<Hope> Instantly she linked their fingers together and followed him.

<Shinobi> Flipping on the light, he looked around. It was much emptier, now that most of his belongings had migrated upstairs to her room. "They couldn't have done anything to me... they didn't have time." The thoughts weighing on his mind burst through and he glanced at her for confirmation. "Right?"

<Hope> "I'm supposed to say yes, but I really don't know, Obi." She squeezed his hand more tightly.

<Shinobi> Not wanting to let go, he led her to the kitchen and looked into a couple cabinets until he found their snack stash. "They didn't inject me with anything..." he said, then added more quietly, "they just took..."

<Hope> "Is it possible they did while you weren't conscious?" Well of course it was possible. She regretted her words immediately.

<Shinobi> Head whipping around, he stared at her, then looked away with a hard swallow and a nod.

<Hope> Hope bit her lower lip. "I'm sorry... I shouldn't have said that."

<Shinobi> "No," he said, rubbing his free hand over his mouth. "It's true." With a sigh, he grabbed the bags and started back toward the stairs.

<Hope> Worried, Hope chewed her lip some more. "What can I do?"

<Shinobi> He paused and squeezed her hand, looking back at her. "It's okay, Hope." The smile he gave her was only slightly forced. "I just want to go out. Not think about it for a while."

<Hope> "That, my dear boyfriend, is something I excel at!" She kissed him softly, smiling.

<Shinobi> "Then my luck is still holding." This time his smile was more sincere and he stole another kiss before switching off the light and securing his hold on her hand. "Ready? Let's get out of here."