7/12 Instance: Lebewohl

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

7/12 Instance: Lebewohl

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined shortly after [Instance]Beware the Space Bugs.

<David> David had spent the better part of his day fielding rants from a very angry redhead about how horrible Viper was. Amused and intrigued, David plopped down on his own couch with a cup of coffee, reading the latest ones. Ahhh Stark. He smirked. So like her fathers.

<Viper> Having finished informing Sebastian of the details, Viper had one more stop to make before she slipped back into the shadows. Being certain she wasn't discovered and followed took more time but she was eventually able to backtrack somewhat and enter an apartment building where she knocked, for probably the first time ever, on the door she stopped at.

<David> An eyebrow raised as David looked up at the door. Surely the Stark hadn't come over to rant... He set his phone down and checked the security before opening it for Viper with a grin, that faded at once. "Who are you and what have you done with her?"

<Viper> Viper glanced down the hallway, "I will explain... inside."

<David> He stepped aside, mentally noting where his gun was. He debated pulling it. Clearly this was not Viper. Thoughts of polyjuice potion crossed his mind and he scowled. He was never watching ABC Family again.

<Viper> Viper went inside, runninng a hand through her hair before she turned back to face him. "Has Hope told you anything?"

<David> "Only how much she hates you like 500 times," he smirked, closing and locking the door. "You got her riled. I don't know if I should scold you or thank you."

<Viper> "Oh she's too easy, it's really no challenge," Viper waved it off, "Is there more coffee?"

<David> "There is always more coffee. And tea. Dealing with tantrums makes me need the coffee. Tea isn't strong enough," he laughed, handing her his own cup while he fetched her a fresh one. "The point is... she's been... a zombie. You should go fix your Jess while you're here too, now that the redhead is fixed."

<Viper> Viper held the cup in both hands, watching his progress as he moved around the apartment, "I don't have time to help Jessica, unfortunately. I will have to hope she recovers on her own."

<David> He raised his eyebrow at her again. Something must really be wrong. No green... not time to deal with Jess... "So when is the end of the world?" He brought her a fresh cup of hot coffee.

<Viper> She swapped the cup for the one in her hands, "Probably not in two weeks... hopefully."

<David> "Care to elaborate?" he pressed, plopping back down in his seat once he had his coffee. Another text from Stark about him buying a giant can of Raid. The kid was nuts... but he was glad she was back to normal.

<Viper> "The Brood are coming back." She moved to sit beside him, her attention drifting between her mug and the door. "Early indications are that they are coming in greater numbers than before."

<David> David made a note to call Carol and his team. "So that's why she wants Raid..." funny... but not useful. "Best way to kill them?"

<Viper> "I believe the people at that school are working on it." She focused on him for a moment, "I made a decision... last time The Brood came... SHIELD didn't detect them until it was too late, we took advantage of the crashed ship before they could come and cordon off the site. But, if they hadn't crashed, the outcome would have been bad for everyone... this time there is a high probability they will not crash."

<Viper> She sighed, "So... I gathered what information Hydra had from before... and I passed it on to Cessily Kincaid because I knew she would pass it to Danvers. SHIELD have a better chance of repelling The Brood than anyone else.... But this has upset Hydra's High Council..."

<David> David nodded, watching her and just listening.

<Viper> "They used the word 'tolerated' in their little speech..." she rolled her eyes, "As if they'd have gotten as far as they have without my help... But now they are trying to get rid of me...."

<David> Now she had his attention, even more than before. "So you're going to stay here, right?" No. She couldn't stay here... but he did have somewhere she could. "Or... I have a place."

<Viper> She shook her head, "It's better if I keep moving... and better if you don't know where I am, for your own sake."

<David> He gave her a look. "You think they could torture that out of me?"

<Viper> She reached to touch his cheek softly, "I don't want them to try."

<David> David shifted his head to kiss her hand, pressing his own over her's. "I don't want to worry about you, but I don't have a choice. My farm. In China. Go there when you need to rest. I never disclosed it to anyone at Hydra or SHIELD except for you."

<Viper> She offered a small smile and a nod, "Alright... if it will make you feel better." She stroked his cheek with her thumb, "I do have a plan, however... it will just take time... and I'm not sure how much."

<David> "Well you don't have to do anything alone. And let's not forget I have a couple of badass mutants who would do anything for me. And then there's Drake who might help too," he smirked at her, pulling her close to kiss her forehead.

<Viper> She put her coffee down to wrap her arms around him, "I doubt he would help me, or anyone from that school for that matter." They had good reason to hate her, after all. "But the sentiment is appreciated."

<David> "They aren't helping you. They are helping me," he pointed out, nuzzling her hair as he held her securely.

<Viper> "Semantics," she waved it off, "I intend to reclaim all of my intelectual property... and perhaps a few of my favourite locations."

<David> "Hey, if it means they get to fight Hydra, they may not mind so much." He rested his head on hers, playing with her hair, twirling it in his fingers. "But regardless... you have me. You always have me."

<Viper> "You have a job - you're protecting the President's daughter. You think you can just drop everything and come to help me without anyone asking questions?"

<David> "Yes." He told her simply. "I have enough vacation days that I can do whatever the hell I want to," he pointed out. "Besides... nobody is getting past that kid to get to her again."

<Viper> She sighed, "If I can find a safe way to contact you... I'll ask for your help but only if I need it, alright?"

<David> "I can live with that." He kissed her forehead again.

<Viper> She nodded, cuddling into him a little, "With all this in mind... will you do something for me?"

<David> "Anything," he promised, stroking her hair gently.

<Viper> "Will you help Jessica? And remind Sebastian to check in on Broo every so often... he forgets to eat real food or sleep much of the time..."

<David> "If I knew how to help her, I would have already. I'll remind Sebastian to check on Broo."

<Viper> "Jessica needs purpose in her life. When she stayed with Hydra she enjoyed training the recruits in martial arts - it made her feel useful... try to find something for her to do, or prompt the others to do that..."

<David> Hufflepuffs. He wrinkled his nose at the thought. "I'll try."

<Viper> "Thank you," she lifted her head to press a kiss to his cheek. "It will mean I can focus more on what I need to do. The Brood situation is out of my hands, I will help if I can but... they may be on their own."

<David> "I'll talk to Danvers. Maybe the two of us can head up a plan." He ran his fingers through her hair, brushing it back so he could see her face. "I need you to take care of you."

<Viper> "You know I will," she gave him a half smile, "I always do." It was, after all, how she was wired.

<David> "Good." He swallowed the rest of his sentence. It hadn't been well received 50 years ago, and it wouldn't today either. That was just how she was. He leaned down, kissing her softly instead.

<Viper> She returned the kiss, closing her eyes and pressing her forehead against his, "I shouldn't stay..." she said when they broke apart.

<David> "I know," he whispered back, not letting go just yet.

<Viper> "I'll try to keep in contact somehow... if you don't hear from me for a few months..."

<David> "I'll come find you."

<Viper> She shook her head, "There won't be anything to find..."

<David> "Then I'll take the fuckers down myself."

<Viper> She gave him another half smile, though she was a little worried that he was serious. She hugged him again rather than voice this concern.

<David> David just held her while he could. Hope was right about one thing... she was nuts.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6