7/20 Instance: Forked

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

7/20 Instance: Forked

Post by Svartfreja »

Timelined for a couple of days after [Instance]Lebewohl.

<Broo> "And that is why you really need to wear safety glasses when experimenting with lasers and gasses near acid. Thank you very much for that question. And again, apologies that I could not do my usual hour long show for everyone." Broo said as he talked into the webcam.

<Broo> "See you guys next week! Oh, and there might be an alien invasion coming, so next week's show will focus on surviving one. Bye!" the little scientist waved and the recording light went out right before the automatic upload started.

<Viper> Jessica really needed to rethink her account security online, her passwords were easy. But, for now, it was useful and Viper signed in, scrolling straight through the contacts list to Broo before she opened a window and hit the call button. Hopefully the connection speed was sufficient.

<Broo> As Broo clicked through his email and was about to open a shady looking email promising size increase by just doing a few small exersizes that doctors hate him to know about, the familiar skype song started up. He answered with a click. "Hi Jessica, how's things coming along?" he asked without even looking at the screen.

<Viper> "Hello Brooklyn," Viper glanced over her shoulder when someone bumped the back of her chair. Heaven help them if they spilled coffee on her.

<Broo> Broo's neck nearly cracked at the speed his head snapped to look at the screen. "Hi Mother!" He said excitedly, "I didn't know you also knew Jess' password. I keep forgetting to tell her to change it." He said while still waving at the screen.

<Viper> "It is very easy to guess." Viper agreed, managing a smile for his excited waving, she raised a hand to wave back. "How are you today?"

<Broo> "Doing quite well, busy updating SHIELD's aircraft designs, helping with an anti-galactic invasion system, developing an interstellar craft with an experimental FTW drive based on my teleporting technology, and I now have thirteen viewers on youtube," he replied smugly.

<Viper> "You're very busy... do you have help? Are you remembering to eat regular meals?" She raised an eyebrow at someone who was clearly eavesdropping on her side of the conversation and eyed the fork on her empty plate. They stopped eavesdropping.

<Broo> "I am, all very balanced and on time. Even have an alarm on my watch to remind me when I forget." he said holding up his arm to point at his homemade hologram future smart watch contraption.

<Viper> "Good," she smiled, "I hope you don't mind but I've asked Sebastian to check in on you from time to time just to make sure you don't get distracted and ignore those alarms." Her eyes went to the door of the cafe when someone came in, wary of new arrivals in case they were Hydra.

<Broo> "You seem more distracted than I am. Is something the matter?" Broo asked.

<Viper> She sighed, knowing she was going to have to get to this eventually didn't make it easier. "Did Danvers tell you how they found out there was trouble coming? I'm assuming it was her that set you on these new projects?" She also hated that she was in such a public space and had to talk around the subject somewhat because people were listening. Someone was going to get a very close up view of that fork.

<Broo> "She only mentioned that you were the source of the information. Sidenote, I compared everyone's notes and information and built a rather very informative database on the subject." He added.

<Viper> "I'm glad you're making progress, I knew you would." She offered another smile, "But bear in mind they will know where you are and take precautions, alright?" The door opened and distracted her again.

<Broo> "Right, I believe I have more than enough precautions in place, however I will have a second look through it all after we are done chatting. Just to be clear, we are talking about your they, and not someone else's they, correct?"

<Viper> "Yes... though I have a second problem to overcome at the moment. My other they are currently rather upset with me for giving all that information over so I'm going to have to disappear for a little while to deal with it."

<Broo> "Ah... well... I hope things go well for you then. In all honesty I am rather very surprised how well such an institution had managed itself by just their aphorism of severing one capitulum and then reinstating a pair in the open position. Not very impressed with their methods in doing so however."

<Viper> "Well I intend to sever all of them if at all possible and start again... that is a long term plan, however. For now I would just like to regain what is rightfully mine." And not get eaten by space bugs. "So I will be working on this for the foreseeable future... understandably, this will put me out of contact with you for some time."

<Broo> "Then I am glad you took the time to contact me before initiating your endeavor." Broo said with a smile. "But if you need my help, I'm pretty sure you'll always know how to contact me."

<Viper> "I will be able to find you if I need to, do not worry." She returned the smile, "Concentrate on your projects, they're more important at the moment. Take care of your sister and your niece for me, alright? And, if the plan should fail, please see that you are all evacuated to somewhere safe."

<Broo> "Not to worry about that, there is already a few backup plans in the works in that regard. Everything from repopulating a new planet to just moving to an alternate universe. I found one that's very similar to ours, however there aren't any mutants. Or superheros. Some wars here and there. Otherwise it's a very dull universe."

<Viper> "Sounds ideal," she offered another smile, "I'm glad you're thinking of these things. Perhaps I wasn't so bad at teaching you after all, hmm?"

<Broo> "Well I did pull back on any use of weaponry, bombs and anything else that would cause unnecessary casualties, I hope you don't mind me not doing everything you taught me." he added with a smile.

<Viper> She laughed, "I think in your environment, that is for the best. Those people get themselves into enough trouble all on their own."

<Broo> "Yeah, we have already lost two students... well not lost, they decided to go away to another universe. And then there's the mammal alien that resembles a raccoon that took Danger into space." Broo pondered for a moment. "I really need to put a tracker on everyone."

<Viper> "Well... try not to do that without asking for permission first - people tend to be funny about that sort of thing..." she had learned this the hard way. "I should go now, my darling. I don't like to stay in one place too long."

<Broo> "Okay Mother, be safe. Oh, do you have any messages I should relay before you go?" he asked.

<Viper> She shook her head, "I've already taken care of everything else, I just wanted to make sure you'd be alright. Don't let me down," she picked up her coffee cup to finish the last mouthful.

<Broo> "Not to worry, I'll do my best." He grinned, waving at the camera. "Bye."

<Viper> "Good bye, Broo." She offered a small smile before she signed off.
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6