Instance: Pirate Booty

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Instance: Pirate Booty

Post by Saint Kurt »

In the library:
Cypher enters this room
Mystique enters this room
[Cypher] Doug is seated at a computer terminal next to an empty one, just checking some email before his 'study date.' He's wearing his usual jeans and t-shirt combination, but his hair is combed better than normal. (tshirt is: http://www.threadless.com/product/237/A ... e_A_Pirate)
[Cypher] ( no problem! )
[Mystique] Raven pushed the door of the library opened and looked around for the computers. She really wasn't getting this computer class.
[Mystique] She peeked around the stacks of books until she saw Doug Ramsey's blonde hair poking up from behind a monitor. That guy like was a computer.
[Mystique] She sat down at the computer next to him.
[Mystique] "Hey."
[Cypher] He didn't notice anyone enter, as he was concentrating on his next move in a play-by-email world conquest game.
[Cypher] To his credit, he doesn't jump (much) and turns, "Oh, hey! How's it going, Raven?"
[Mystique] Raven waited a moment when he didn't answer. Not sure what to do.
[Mystique] The answer came a little late. "Oh, I'm good. Not figuring out this programming stuff. But good."
[Cypher] He blinks, not sure how someone couldn't get programming. "Really? Which stuff?"
[Mystique] "All this C++, Object Oriented stuff." Raven said, tapping her book.
[Mystique] "If we were just using computers for like writing papers and using the internet, I'd be cool. This makes me feel dumb."
[Cypher] "Dumb? You? No, it's just a bit different. Here, maybe my notes could help." He digs around in his bag for his CompSci notebook and produces it with a bit of a flourish.
[Mystique] "You take notes? I thought you just knew it all already." Raven said laughing.
[Cypher] He looks down and smiles shyly, "It's just ... habit, I guess."
[Mystique] "I thought maybe you had the teacher's manual or something. You always know the answers to Professor Forge's questions."
[Mystique] ((Rice!))
[Cypher] "No, I just ... I just get it." ((mine's almost ready too!)) A little beep sounds on his computer and he looks up. "Damn! Someone's invading Madagascar, just a sec..."
[Cypher] He taps a few keys in rapid succession, hits enter, and returns his attention to Raven. "There, that'll teach 'em."
[Mystique] "I mean, why do they call it 'Object Oriented' anyway... Madagascar? Isn't that an island of the coast of Africa?"
[Mystique] Raven tried to look at his screen. "What are you doing?" she asked.
[Cypher] "Just playing this game... Me and a few other guys online are trying to take over a post-Apocolyptic world, and I'm winning..."
[Cypher] He shakes his head, "Kids' stuff, really." He clicks a few things to close it and open up some programming ... program.
[Mystique] "Really?" Raven craned her neck further. Games were more interesting than programming. But Doug closed the windows and opened up the dull programming 'environment' they used in class.
[Mystique] "Yeah, I guess we should study..."
[Cypher] "Yeah..." He opens his notebook to the last class's lesson and lays it open. "So, where were we?"
[Mystique] Raven opened up her notebook as well. "Lesson one: Hello World." She said.
[Mystique] "When I did it, the computer crashed instead of saying 'hello world'."
[Mystique] Raven looked over at Doug's notebook. "Holy shit. What did your 'hello world' program say?
[Cypher] "Okay, well open up your program, and we'll see how you did it differently from mine."
[Cypher] He looks over hers and within a few seconds notices the missing figure. "There, see?"
[Mystique] Raven clicked around for a minute on her computer. She was kind of distracted by Doug's yellow t-shirt though which had a business man who appeared to be talking to a pirate.
[Mystique] Raven barely had her program open. "That's it?" she said. "A semi-colon"
[Cypher] He nods. "Yeah, computers are pretty demanding that way. One mistake and ... well, 'Goodbye, Mr. Anderson.'" He affects an Agent Smith voice for that last bit.
[Mystique] Raven couldn't help but laugh. "We must all seem really slow to you in computer class. I mean, I stared at that for like 2 hours and couldn't fix it."
[Cypher] Okay, so maybe they did.... "No, not at all. I mean, what's programming but a language?"
[Mystique] "A crazy language maybe."
[Cypher] He shrugs. "It's what I do, though."
[Mystique] "Like with Mr. Wagner in class that time? When you said he wasn't translating?"
[Cypher] He nods. "Yeah, that's my mutant power. I know languages." He strikes a heroic pose - "Don't worry ma'am, I'll save you with my Ultimate Linguistic Power!"
[Mystique] Raven giggled covering her mouth with her hand. "So what's he saying to the pirate then?"
[Cypher] "Huh?" He follows her gaze to his shirt. "Oh, that? He's asking about being a pirate. I think. It's like in The Sims, you know, they don't have words, just symbols."
[Mystique] "Heh, more languages I guess. I thought maybe that was the international symbol for 'Tally Ho!' or something." Raven Jumped up as if brandishing an imaginary sword.
[Cypher] He laughs and jumps up as well, his own imaginary sword at ready. "We could terrorize the seven seas!"
[Mystique] "Avast!" Raven shouted, completely forgetting she was in the library and with a flourish changed out of her Hello Kitty giving the finger sweatshirt into some smashing pirate duds.
[Mystique] "What do you think?" She asked. "Am I Captain Jaqueline or what?"
[Cypher] ...and that pulls Doug right out of character as he can't help but stare. "...Wow." He tries to recover with some better words this time. "Oh yeah, and I could be the Fearsome Pirate No-beard!"
[Mystique] Raven looked at Doug appraisingly. "We could always steal one of those glue on beards from Prof. Howlett."
[Mystique] "We need to borrow some weapons too because that's not really something I can do myself."
[Cypher] He nods, "Yeah, we could do that." He smiles, surprised at how much he's enjoying all of this.
[Mystique] Raven nodded. "Pirates is way better than computer programming."
[Cypher] "Can't argue with that! Where to, Cap'n?"
[Cypher] He stands at attention and salutes smartly
[Mystique] Raven saluted back. "Aye aye! Let's get ye properly outfitted."
[Cypher] "Aye!"
[Mystique] "To the theater supply room with ye and then ... the crow's nest!"
[Mystique] Raven glanced back at their books and stuff. Should she take them? Then she shrugged. Pirates didn't need books.
[Cypher] He salutes again and runs to the door, opening it for her with a bow. "Cap'n..."
[Mystique] Laughing Raven grabbed his hand and they ran down the hall.
[Mystique] ((Yay! That was so cute. Doug is so sweet.))
[Cypher] Unexpectedly yanked, Doug follows laughing as well, as a small part of his brain wonders when he last had this much fun without rolling dice.
Wanda enters this room
Wanda exits from this room
[Mystique] ((The end))
[Cypher] (( with cameo from Wanda! ))
[Cypher] (( that'd be a strange scene to walk in on... Raven pulling Doug along, both laughing, Raven dressed up like a pirate ... the assumptions wanda could make...! ))
[Mystique] ((I will transcribe. You know, you're right. LOL!))
transcript enters this room
>[transcript] Welcome to the New and Improved Nightscrawlers Chat! If you are new to chat pick a color at the bottom and join in. We are glad to be back and we are glad to have you with us. Please help us continually improve our service to you by reporting any errors or problems you experience in chat in our technical support forums. Thank you!
[Cypher] (( I move to make Wanda's cameo in-character, she just sees us run past. ))
[Mystique] ((Done!))
Aww....
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Instance: Doug and Raven are Pirates!

Post by idsunki »

The reason for Raven's exclamation when she sees Doug's notebook is that only one of every ten or so words is in English. The entire thing is a confusing mix of just about any language he's heard in all sorts of alphabets.

Apparently, if he isn't paying attention to what he's writing, he defaults to the best word that would fit, regardless of language.

Also - pirates is always better than homework.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

So adorable! (But Wanda's used to all the craziness at the school by now - Raven and Doug running through the halls pretending to be pirates isn't going to faze her too much :D)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Aww that was cute and superwholesome! Even if hello kitty was flipping the bird!

Loved it!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

That was so cute!!!! I love it!!

Oh boy, won't Morph be jealous :P
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€