5/17 Instance: Getting to know Wallflower

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

In the Rec Room:
Remy enters this room
Wallflower enters this room
Jamie enters this room
Cypher enters this room
[Jamie] Jamie walks into the rec room Dr. Pepper in hand.
[Cypher] Doug comes down from his room, looking a bit ... off.
[Remy] Remy barely waits till he gets into the room before crossing the room to the open window and lighting up. Life had been so stressful as of late and it seemed like classes took FOREVER.
Mr.Wagner enters this room
[Mr.Wagner] ((not here yet))
[Remy] He took a long drag off of his smoke, closing his eyes in bliss as the nicotine worked its way into his system.
[Wallflower] Laurie crept into the room, not expecting there to be other people. She considered turning back, but creeping in and then creeping right out might have looked a little suspicious.
[Wallflower] She sighed. At least it was people she already knew.
[Remy] Remy noticed the new girl looking a bit shy, and doug looking like he swallowed something that didn't agree with him. "any of y'all want one?" he asked offering his pack.
[Cypher] He waved to Laurie, then nodded to Jamie. "Hey guys."
[Cypher] "Uh, no thanks... I'm good." He remembered all too well the last time he'd accepted something like that from Remy ... well, at least he remembered the morning after all too clearly.
[Wallflower] Laurie waved a little and decided to move closer to the others. "Hello."
[Remy] He sucked in another deep drag, courtously blowing it out through the open window.
[Remy] Remy chucked at the guilty expression that flitted across doug's face.
[Jamie] "So Laurie, what's brought you here....where are ya from and all that stuff." Jamie slouched on the counch.
[Wallflower] "I'm from California...And my mom thought it would be nice if I got to know, uh...People who are..." She rubbed her hands together and looked down, "You know."
[Remy] Remy laughed. "different, neh?"
[Cypher] He looked at her having trouble with the phrasing and was about to comment when he realized he'd been this bad when he first got here ... worse, actually. "Mutants. It's okay to say it."
[Jamie] "Mutants, freaks, etc...doesn't really matter what ya call us"
[Wallflower] "Oh, yes, I'm fine with saying it," she said, still avoiding the word. "I didn't really know I was one..."
[Mr.Wagner] "Except that Xavier University for Freaks sounds terrible," Mr. Wagner said as entered the rec room.
[Remy] Remy sighed, slouching in the chair that was set beside the window. "We're not freaks." he took another lazy drag. "We're jus' a little differen' dats all."
[Jamie] "I'm from the great state know as Texas," Jamie said "Doug here didn't know he was one either."
[Cypher] He startled at Wagner entering. "Oh yes, sir."
[Wallflower] Laurie jumped at the entrance of Mr. Wagner, and laughed a little when his comment had registered to her.
[Jamie] "Hey Mr. Wagner..." Jamie greeted the teacher.
[Wallflower] She resumed rubbing her hands together and looked at the other students, figuring out how to react to this new person.
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner looked around the room. "I thought I smelled something," he glanced over at Remy "burning..."
[Wallflower] "Hello..."
[Cypher] "You know, actually I need to go back and finish studying..."
[Remy] Remy arched a brow at the older man in way of greeting. He noticed Laurie's discomfort. "Dis is Wagner, 'es a teacher 'ere." he grinned saucily at wagner.
[Cypher] (( gotta run guys, company's mere blocks away! ))
[Wallflower] ((Bye...))
[Remy] ((Have fun ID!!))
[Cypher] (( always! ))
[Remy] Remy waved at doug as he left.
[Cypher] (( take care, guys! welcome to the game, chlorine. ))
[Jamie] "Along with Howlett, Nurse Annie, Forge, and a few others...."
[Cypher] He exited the room pretty quickly and tore upstairs to his room.
[Wallflower] She stared a little at Remy, to avoid staring at the teacher. "Hi." She said, glancing up quickly.
Cypher exits from this room
[Mr.Wagner] ((Later Id!))
[Remy] Remy smiled. "Even de teachers 'ere are mutants...so at least y'don stick out like a sore thumb."
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner turned and watched Doug Ramsey exit the room in a hurry. Funny how the kid was always running out of the room whenever he entered.
[Remy] "So den petite...if y'didn' know y'were a mutant, den what tipped y'off?"
[Mr.Wagner] Turning back to the new student he took her hand. "Ms. Collins. Welcome." he said.
[Jamie] "It's really tons of fun here, sneaking out, getting in fighting, starring in the weird plays...." Jamie smirked
[Wallflower] "Well, I mean I had my powers...I thought they were some kind of, um...Magic." She laughed nervously. "Then I saw a thing on the news, about mutants...And that seemed more likely." She frowned at the last part of her statement.
[Wallflower] "Yes, thank you." She shook his hand surprisingly hard.
[Remy] Remy chuckled a little. "Oui. But it's not dat silly...for de first 'alf of Remy's life, 'e spent it wonderin' if 'e was de devil's get."
[Jamie] "So what exactly are yer powers again?"
[Remy] "An de other..." took another drag off his cigarette "forgettin' about it."
[Jamie] "As for my powers story, apparantly the doctor slapped me with I was a new born and suddenly he was holding two babies" Jamie laughed.
[Wallflower] She felt herself blush at Jamie's question. She hated explaining her power. "I can influence emotions...Don't worry, I wouldn't do it to you." She said, thinking about how simple it would be for her to lie.
[Remy] ((wait - you didn't have it manifest at puberty fizz??))
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner sat down on the edge of a couch and gave Remy a tired glance when he took out another cigarette and lit it.
[Remy] (( ))
[Jamie] ((no Jamie had his at birth))
[Wallflower] Laurie laughed at Jamie's story, curious about how true it was. She looked at Mr. Wagner, nervous about there being an adult in the room.
[Jamie] ((it's cannon))
[Remy] Remy noticed the look and flashed his teeth in a boyish grin at him.
[Mr.Wagner] "Not everybody's mutations manifest during adolescence," Mr. Wagner said to Laurie.
[Remy] ((I didn't know that!! Hmmm!!))
[Wallflower] "What are...What..." She wanted to ask him what he could do, but then was worried that perhaps his power was just looking strange.
[Remy] "Well...non...or its split. Remy's always 'ad de eyes. But it wasn' till I turned 12 dat an I nearly blew mysel' up dat I found out dat I could do other things.
[Mr.Wagner] "I was born like this. Some of our other students were born with their special abilities."
[Wallflower] "I noticed mine when I was a kid...I didn't really use them much till I was older, though."
[Remy] Remy relaxed into the deep cushions as the second rush of nicotine hit his system. He blew a few lazy smoke rings.
[Jamie] "I remeber once I had to explain to some people that I had a twin."
[Remy] "Musta been 'ell on de parents food bill, non?"
[Jamie] "Well as long as I reabsorbed them before dinner." Jamie sipped his Dr.Pepper, "Besides, I could dupe my food if I felt like it."
[Wallflower] "What is it like to be all...Splitty?" She asked Jamie. She was feeling a little less nervous around these people.
[Remy] "So where where y'born anyway, Wagner? An' ow did y'end up 'ere?"
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner smiled.
[Jamie] "Well Laurie, let's just say I have a very advanced case of Multiple Personality Disorder." Jamie smirked
[Mr.Wagner] "I was born in Germany Mr. LeBeau. In Bavaria."
[Remy] "Oh oui? Long way from 'ome den..." He blew another smoke ring.
[Mr.Wagner] "How I came here is ... a long story." He said with a laugh. "Let's just say, it's better than the circus."
[Mr.Wagner] "And it is a long way from home. I do miss it sometimes. And what about you? Do you miss home?"
[Remy] Circus? What did he mean by that? Was it just a facious comment...or did he really mean he had been with a circus?
[Wallflower] Laurie chewed her lip as she listened to Mr. Wagner. She thought it had been fairly obvious he was German, but didn't want to mention it. Everyone was probably just trying to make conversation. "My...Dad...Spoke German." She said finally, in a rather awkward tone.
[Remy] "Remy?" He stubbed the cigarette out in an ashtray on the ledge. "Remy misses de warmth. 'Ow y'keep warm up 'ere is beyond me..."
[Jamie] "Do you speak German, Laurie?" Jamie asked.
[Remy] He had a hard time picturing what made Wagner tick. Beyond knowing that he had inadvertantly fathered a child, and now that he had come from Germany, he realized he knew nothing of the man.
[Wallflower] "No...My dad never taught me, really." She looked at Remy, "Where I lived was warm, too."
[Mr.Wagner] "The important thing is to understand that mutation isn't a bad thing. Our abilities make us special. We need to learn to use them to make the world a better place for everyone."
[Remy] "Oui? And dey don' even think dat dis is cold yet! Remy can' imagine what winter is gonna be like."
[Remy] ((BTW it is Oct right now))
[Wallflower] Laurie almost laughed at Mr. Wagner's inspirational statement, but stopped herself. "I don't think my mutation is so good, Mr. Wagner."
[Mr.Wagner] "And all of the experiences in our lives - the ones that come from living as one who is different; we need to learn to use those too."
[Jamie] "But anyway I gotta go" Jamie got up from his seat and walked towards the door. "Oh and Laurie if you ever need a tour around here one of my dupes will be happy to assist." Jamie joked as he created a dupe.
[Wallflower] She smiled at Jamie, "Thank you."
[Remy] "See y'omme!"
Jamie exits from this room
[Wallflower] The talk about the weather had made Laurie aware of how cold she currently was, and she began rubbing her arms.
[Mr.Wagner] "Goodnight Mr. Maddrox"
[Remy] Remy noticed the girls discomfort, and dragged an blanket off the back of his chair. Unfurling it, he stood and dropped it on her shoulders before walking a bit away and looking at wagner again. The stuff that he said made sense...but yet. "But what are we suppos' to do 'omme? Fight de whole world?
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner stood up.
[Wallflower] Laurie accepted the blanket automatically, and only realized its presence after Remy had walked away. She sat down in a chair.
[Wallflower] "Thank you," she said after a moment of dazed slience. She always forgot polite things like that.
[Mr.Wagner] He shook his head. "Just the opposite," he said, "we should protect it."
[Remy] Remy smiled and nodded at the girl, and then sighed at wagner's words. "Remy don' know 'omme...sometimes its jus' nice to live y're life without 'avin to fight all de time for it."
[Wallflower] "How would you protect the world?"
[Wallflower] ((brb))
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner smiled at Laurie. "It's a good question. We're still trying to figure that out. That's why we're all here. Figuring it out together. I don't have all the answers."
[Wallflower] Laurie smiled. She was full of pessimistic remarks to counter this teacher with, but didn't want to annoy him. "I see..." She said with a thoughtful tone. She then expressed a true concern: "But I don't know how I could use MY powers to do much good."
Mr.Wagner exits from this room
[Remy] "So dat's why y'came 'ere den?" Remy arched a brow. "Are y'findin any answers? Or just more questions?"
Mr.Wagner enters this room
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner shrugged. "I was a circus acrobat. I never said it was easy."
[Remy] "Y'mean y'really were in de circus? Remy thoug' dat y'were just kiddin' about dat!"
[Mr.Wagner] "But I am finding answers, yes." he said.
[Wallflower] Laurie opened her eyes wide. She pulled up her legs and sat cross legged in the chair, interested.
[Wallflower] "How did you get in the circus?"
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner nodded. "I was. In Germany, there wasn't much someone who ... looked like me could do."
[Mr.Wagner] "I thought I didn't have a choice."
[Wallflower] "I wish I had been in the circus..."
[Remy] "Oui? Y'didn' like bein' in de circus? Dat's like most kids dream."
[Remy] ((LOL!! Gosh we do that a lot in these things..hive mind))
[Mr.Wagner] "I did like it. But there's a difference between doing things you like because you choose to and because you have to."
[Remy] Remy nodded "Can understan' dat."
[Mr.Wagner] "Anyway, I've got those essays to grade," Mr. Wagner smiled and walked toward the door.
[Mr.Wagner] "You handed yours in, right Mr. LeBeau?"
[Remy] "Bon nuit!" Remy winced. "Oh...ummm..."
[Wallflower] Laurie smiled a little at Remy's ummming.
[Mr.Wagner] "There's still time," Mr. Wagner said in the doorway.
[Remy] Remy sighed in relief.
[Wallflower] Laurie waved at the teacher.
[Remy] "So den, petite...'ow y' like it?" Remy chuckled. "Quite differen' from 'ome remy's guessin"
[Mr.Wagner] Mr. Wagner waved and left the room.
[Wallflower] "Yes..." She pulled her knees to her chest. "Home was boring."
[Wallflower] "This place scares me, though, so what's better?"
[Remy] Remy laughed "Well dat is one thin' for sure dat won' be a problem ere - its never borin."
[Remy] "But, it does take some gettin' used to."
[Wallflower] "What about your home?"
[Remy] "What? N'awleans?" Remy shrugged "It's not been de same since Katrina."
[Wallflower] "That's sad..." She said slowly, not actually feeling very sad. But then feeling guilty for not feeling sad. "Alot of cool stuff probably got wrecked, huh?"
[Remy] "Oui. An a lot of people died." he shrugged "Not much for it though - an y'can never kill de spirit of it totally. Its still a great city. But...Remy though' dat dis place was worth checkin' out - for a while at least."
[Remy] He looked darkly out at the damp autumn weather out of the window. "even if Remy's gonna freeze 'is ass off 'ere."
[Wallflower] Laurie watched him. She wasn't certain what to say. She hadn't had much real contact with people...Every social situation felt awkward. At least he was nice.
[Wallflower] She tapped her fingers on her knees, unaware that her silence was probably making Remy uncomfortable.
[Wallflower] I think it's fine...And thank you. It's difficult getting used to a character...But yeah, this is fine to stop.
[Remy] cool then!
Great job on your first night Chlorine! Welcome to Nightscrawlearth!

-e
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Chlorine you were FAB! I love Laurie!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Chlorine
Bilge Rat
Bilge Rat

Post by Chlorine »

(: Thanks!
The Drastic Spastic
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler

Post by The Drastic Spastic »

Awesome. Welcome to the game, Chlorine!