5/22 Instance: Jamie Gets the CHAIR

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

5/22 Instance: Jamie Gets the CHAIR

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Jamie] Jamie is sitting on the couch watching t.v. a Dr.Pepper in hand.

[Cypher] (( care to start us off, James? ))

[Jamie] ((well I kinda started it off....Jamie's wearing his 616 shirt....etc...))

[Wanda] ((616 shirt?))

[Wanda] Wanda's sitting in her usual recliner by the couch

[Cypher] Doug walks downstairs, absolutely done with studying for the rest of the night. Or at least the next thirty minutes or so. (( tshirt! - http://www.jinx.com/scripts/details.asp ... ductID=414)

[Jamie] ((you know that Green and yellow shirt))

[Wanda] ((ahhh ))

[Wanda] Wanda works with some grogged clay she took from the pottery studio

[Remy] Remy sat in the corner, scribbling notes somewhat hastily. He always left this shit to the last minute. Gah! School work sucked! Wagner had been nice enough to give him one extension, but he was pushing his luck now.

[Mystique] Raven is lying on her stomach on the floor, listening to her ipod, with homework papers spread out in front of her.

[Jamie] "We've got a regular party going on down here," Jamie smiles as he feels his cell phone vibrate. "One second." he pulled it out.

[Remy] ((LOL!! Where's the rabbit doug?))

[Jamie] ((I have got to get that shirt, well I want one with the french on it))

[Cypher] "I thought this was a place for not doing homework?"

[Mystique] Raven turns and sees Doug's shirt and says, overly loud because of the headphones, "Bring me a shubbery!!"

[Remy] "party?" remy shakes his head "Y' ain't lived much den."

[Cypher] "A shrubbery? But you haven't even given me a herring..."

[Cypher] ((make that old english))

[Mystique] "What!?" Still too loud.

[Cypher] "I said, you didn't give me a herring yet!"

[Jamie] Jamie answers the phone "Hello, oh hi mom......yeah it's nice to talk to you....."

[Remy] Remy laughed. "Someone hit dat boy, 'es skipping again."

[Mystique] "I can't understand you," Raven said. She pointed to her headphones and switched of her ipod. "What did you just say?" she asked in a normal voice.

[Cypher] "I said, no herring."

[Wanda] Wanda winces as Raven shouts and rolls her eyes as Doug says something unintelligable, as usual

[Cypher]>[Remy] ... wow, i just loled.

[Jamie] "So what brings about this call? You're coming up to New York? Cool....." Jamie somewhat sighed.

[Mystique] Raven stared at Doug for a moment. "I still can't figure out what you're saying."

[Cypher] (( yes, *that* tengwar - tolkien's elvish. ))

[Jamie] "You've got a convention in NYC, and you've decided to grace my college with your presence." Jamie laughed.

[Cypher] He was about to respond, then Remy's comment registered and Raven's confused look ... oh no ... he started blushing a little. "Sorry, something about a herring."

[Remy] Remy's ears pricked up at that...so parents were comin'. Hmmm...

[Wanda] Not really wanting to eavedrop, Wanda couldn't help overhearing that Jamie's mom was coming to visit

[Mystique] Raven grinned, finally being able to understand, but then looked confused. A herring?

[Jamie] "Well I guess I'll see you when you get here, in about a week or so right? yeah tell Terry I said hi too...." Jamie hung up the phone "Yah....what fun I'll be having in a bit."

[Mystique] "Don't worry about it. I didn't want the shrubbery anyway." Raven said.

[Cypher] Trying his best to explain / salvage this situation, "You said bring me a shrubbery... ah, right."

[Mystique] "I had my headphones on..." Raven said, starting to blush too.

[Remy] "Y' parents know about d' school den?"

[Remy] "or....more accurately do dey know about de students?"

[Cypher] Parents? "Wait, parents are coming?" Doug looked a little worried.

[Wanda] Wanda looked from Remy to Jamie, as she continued to pinch the clay

[Wanda] How many people did know about the school?

[Wanda] It had been a surprise even to the students... before they got there

[Jamie] "No not the students, but I'm sure my mom can handle anything if she can handle chasing around a kid who could multiply." Jamie smiled.

[Mystique] Raven looked around. Parents?

[Mystique] "What about parents? Who's parents are coming here?"

[Cypher] "Oh... your mom. Is this a required thing - parental visits?"

[Remy] "Mhhm." Remy raised an eyebrow. "If y'say so." He cursed as he lost hold of the bottom of his papers and the middle chunk spilled out onto the floor

[Wanda] "Your parents are okay with the mutant thing?" Wanda asked.

[Mystique] "My parents don't know... about what I can do." Raven said.

[Wanda] "Mine always made sure I didn't use what I can do." Wanda added.

[Cypher] He looked at Raven, glad at least someone else's parents were in the dark. "Yeah, mine neither."

[Jamie] "Yeah they're okay with it, of course they got a little annoyed with they had to say I had a twin a few times."

[Wanda] She almost laughed as Remy lost half his papers, but didn't

[Mystique] "I just told mine that I was really good at sewing and that's why I had so many different outfits." Raven said with a shrug.

[Mystique] "What about you Remy, does any of your family know?"

[Remy] Remy frowned "Actually, m'parents know dat deres something up with d' eyes an all, but don' think dat dey know about the powers, come t' think of it."

[Remy] "Left fore they started."

[Jamie] "My parents were happy to adopt me, since their previous kid, Kevin I believe, died somehow," Jamie shrugged.

[Remy] "Oh...y'adopted den? Did dey know what dey were getting into?" Remy grinned at Jamie.

[Wanda] Wanda frowned at Remy's words, he probably meant he'd run away - she wondered how young he had been

[Wanda] "How old were you when they adopted you?"

[Mystique] Raven chewed her lower lip. "Yeah, I know that feeling," she said. "But my parents aren't bad, just rich and ... preoccupied."

[Remy] ((Holy crow, I may need to build an arc if this rain keeps up))

[Mystique] ((I'd try building an ark first. They float better.))

[Remy] ((LOL!!! I JUST went DOH!))

[Cypher] He sat on the floor near Raven. "I didn't even know when I got here ... i've got no idea how my parents would react."

[Mystique] "I think if I'd had some kind of weird explosive volcano power or something and burned down half their kitchen my dad would have been like, 'That's nice honey'."

[Remy] "So d' y'all know if all d' parents got an invite?

[Jamie] "About 6 or 7, and yeah they had an idea what they were getting into, I've had my mutation since birth, and it is kinda hard to hide." Jamie rapped his hand on some wood and created a dupe "See?"

[Mystique] Raven turned to Doug. "That's so weird that you can speak other languages and not even realize you're doing it. Like Harry Potter speaking Parseltongue." Raven paused. "Hey, CAN you speak Parseltongue?" She asked.

[Mystique] It was totally dumb, but she didn't want to think about everybody's parents showing up. Her parents were just plain dull, but TJ would go into apoplexy if her mom showed up and started talking to Mr. Wagner....

[Cypher] "That's only when I get distracted. And I don't know... I don't think it was ever spelled out in the books."

[Wanda] Wanda shook her head and laughed, "It's amazing they took you in, knowing what you can do. No brothers or sisters, I'm guessing."

[Remy] "Well den, dat's nice. At least y'got someone who cares for y' no matter what 'omme. But still - I doubt dat dey have even considered all de other people ere."

[Wanda] "I don't know what my parents are going to think either," Wanda said.

[Mystique] "So I guess corporal punishment wasn't too big in your house, huh Jamie?"

[Cypher] "Yeah, some of us take a little getting used to." As soon as he said it he realized how bad it sounded...

[Mystique] "A good spanking would fill up a room..."

[Wanda] "But, there's no keeping them away after that phone message I left for them." She sighed.

[Jamie] "Well actually me being a mutant was one of the reasons they took me in, well I think anyway...." Jamie wondered. "Of course with my mom being a scienetist I guess she found me fasinating." Jamie smiled. (sp)

[Mystique] ((scientist. ))

[Wanda] Wanda blinked. Fascinating? That didn't sound good. "Your mom's, a scientist?"

[Cypher] (( fascinating ))

[Mystique] ((spell checkared!))

[Jamie] "Nah, you will not believe what I got put in once, I well did some extremely bad things one, she put me in this "chair" were I could not move, therefore not create any dupes, for a while." he winced at the memory.

[Cypher] "You couldn't move?" Doug seemed really bothered by this.

[Wanda] Wanda frowned as she shaped the pot she was working on a little more. That *definitely* did not sound good.

[Mystique] "That's kind of weird. What kind of science did she do?"

[Remy] "What did y'say to dem petite?" Remy tilted his head at wanda.

[Remy] Remy winced at the sound of what Jamie was talking about. Scientist? What if she saw them? What kind of stuff would she want to do with them?

[Jamie] "Yeah my mom's Moira Mctaggert, if any of y'all have ever heard of her." ((what type of scientist is she?))

[Cypher] (( genetic, i think ))

[Wanda] ((geneticist, I think))

[Remy] He made a mental note to keep his glasses on and stay out of Jamie's mom's way if at all possible.

[Mystique] ((Moira McTaggert is kind of a mad scientist! And a geneticist.))

[Cypher] ((chat? so confused...))

[Jamie] ((I thought she was....but I wasn;t sure))

[Wanda] "It was back when Jamie and I ran away to the bowling alley," She told Remy. "I left a message saying things were really scary there and I was coming home."

[Wanda] "But, then I changed my mind." She shrugged.

[Cypher] "McTaggert, huh? I think I've heard the name once or twice when I was reading some scientific journals a couple years back..."

[Wanda] Then looked over at Jamie, a scientist coming to poke around at all the students made things seem scary again.

[Wanda] Or, maybe she was just being paranoid

[Remy] "Oh. Well dat may get dem hot n' bothered for sure den petite." He sighed. Looks like they were about to be invaded.

[Jamie] "Don't worry y'all I doubt that my mom is gonna strap any of y'all to a table and experiment on y'all." Jamie laughed.

[Mystique] "Well, my parents are comparitively boring. They're like bankers and stuff. My dad wears power ties and my mom wears nylons and heels."

[Wanda] "I did get to talk to them, so they know things are all right. But, they insisted on coming, just to make sure."

[Cypher] "Just don't sign any release forms." He was only half-joking.

[Mystique] "That's about all the torture they go in for..."

[Wanda] Wanda shuddered at all the talk of experiments. Todd hadn't been at the school for a long time - she wondered what happened to him.

[Mystique] "Do you think TJ's parents are planning on coming?" She asked Remy.

[Remy] Remy chuckled under his breath. Suddenly having absent parents didn't seem like such a bad thing.

[Wanda] She really wanted to ask him more about his time at the hospital - with all those doctors.

[Mystique] ((Yeah. Where is Toad? He was rockin the first few games...))

[Remy] "Um...don' know actually." Jeez, he hoped not. Her dad might kill him for breaking his little girls heart.

[Jamie] "So I have a somewhat mad scientist for a mom," Jamie joked "that can't be the worst around here."

[Wanda] "I think TJ's close to her parents," Wanda said. It was nice knowing that not all parents neglected their kids or experiemented on them...

[Mystique] "I haven't even heard from mine anyway which means the coast is clear. So far. What about you Doug?"

[Cypher] "My mom's pretty cool, actually. I just haven't exactly told them ... uh, about the school. Yet."

[Jamie] ((hey Jamie was not experimented on :p))

[Jamie] "Duck and cover Remy, when T.J.'s parents come a callin."

[Wanda] "Your mom didn't ever, experiment on *you* did she?" Wanda had to ask.

[Mystique] "So, no pirate clothes if they come?" Raven asked with a small giggle.

[Wanda] ((Right, sorry))

[Remy] "Are dey comin' Doug? Dey gonna figgure out somethin's up when dey see de rest of us."

[Cypher] "Uh, no. I don't think they're coming. Do they need to come?"

[Jamie] "Nope, even thought she did make a few things for me, like a suit that neurtizlized my powers, if I was on a campout or something."

[Remy] "Don' ask Remy." He shrugged "Dis id d'first time hearin' it."

[Wanda] "Well, that was nice of her." Wanda still wasn't sure what she thought about Dr. MacTAggert.

[Wanda] Had she adopted Jamie just *because* he was a mutant?

[Wanda] And did she know what the school was about, somehow?

[Mystique] Raven laughed. "Because they don't make tent sizes in order of 10s Jamie?"

[Jamie] I'll be sure to walk by and trip if your parents ever come Doug."

[Remy] Remy chuckled at the suit comment. It reminded him of those commecials he'd seen for "overnight" undergarments for sleepovers so that the kids didn't have to worry about wetting the bed.

[Cypher] "I uh ... I don't know how my parents would handle it here. They're used to ... to..."

[Mystique] "I'm going to tell mine to skip it too. My dad is likely to start doing Professor Xavier's financial planning."

[Wanda] "You don't miss them?" Wanda couldn't help asking Raven.

[Mystique] "I miss my mom a little I guess. My dad was one of those workaholic guys. They're like the classic modern family with too much to do and too little time to spend with each other."

[Jamie] "No, Ray, and it was hard enough explaining twins I doubt quintuplets would work."

[Wanda] Wanda nodded at Raven, she didn't really understand that classic modern family comment. But then, she hadn't been brought up in a traditionally minded family.

[Remy] Remy finished gathering up the papers that he'd dropped and looked at Doug. "Y'gonna 'ave to break it to dem sometime."

[Jamie] "By the way, Wanda, interesting pot yer making there."

[Mystique] "And anyway, I don't think it would be the students that would be tough to understand, it would be the faculty.

[Mystique] She honestly thought that Mr. Howlett and Mr. Wagner would be a greater shock to her parents than any of the students.

[Cypher] He looked distinctly uncomfortable at that thought. "I know, but..." He trailed off and sighed. He knew he'd have to do it sometime...

[Wanda] "Thanks," Wanda smiled at Jamie. "I'm thinking of making it into a small vase."

[Jamie] "Just remeber not to make it sound like the "I'm gay" speech that way your mom don't start crying about having no grandkids." Jamie joked.

[Jamie] "You seem to have a bit of skill in pottery, Wanda."

[Wanda] "Your mom must know a lot about mutants, being a scientist and all."

[Jamie] "Well like I said eariler I think their real son was a mutant but died somehow....yeah she knows about mutants."

[Mystique] "I think if I had to tell my parents, I'd show them. You know, some of the things we've learned here. I'd show them that I was the same me, but that I could just do some cool stuff besides."

[Wanda] Wanda's parents hadn't known what to do about her gifts, "It must have been nice, having her be so understanding."

[Remy] "Well...d' thing about bringin' em 'ere Doug, is dat dey will take one good look aroun' and say 'an all dats up with y' is y'know a bunch of languages?' It'll be a cake walk."

[Mystique] Raven nodded. "It could have been worse. You could have been some kind of slime shooting mutant or something..."

[Cypher] He didn't know how to respond to that ... "I don't think that's much a consolation, Remy. Thanks, though." But Doug knew, deep down, it was true. Worse, it made him feel better.

[Cypher] (( such a consolation ))

[Wanda] Doug did have it easy, as far as being a mutant went.

[Remy] "Y'know...at least dere isn't 10 of y' popping up all over de place and y'didn' blow y're bed up when y'were 14 or somethin'."

[Jamie] "Hey I like my power, even though Doug's is cool....say anyone want some popcorn?" Jamie asked.

[Wanda] "Or disintigrate your dad's favorite fiddle." Wanda added.

[Remy] "I dunno..." Remy grinned at jamie, remembering the skinny dipping popcorn incident "Does Remy 'ave to kiss y'first?"

[Jamie] "I've already told this a few times, but if I remeber correctly from what my bio parents told me once, when I was born the doctor lifted me up and slapped me, like doctors do, and suddenly he was holding two of me." Jamie laughed.

[Mystique] Raven yawned and began pulling her books toward her to make a need pile. "I think I'm going to turn in. Once you guys start making popcorn - it just goes downhill from there."

[Jamie] "Bugger off Remy." Jamie laughed a bit.

[Cypher] "Yeah, I've got some studying to finish anyway."

[Remy] Remy grimaced at his half done report. "Merde."

[Cypher] (( i am having so much trouble with the chat tonight ... just a sec ))

Cypher exits from this room

Cypher enters this room

[Wanda] Wanda pushed the edges of the pot down and shaped a neck, turning it into a vase.

[Cypher] "Did you need help with those books, Raven?"

[Mystique] "At least we have a week to plan for this parental invasion." Raven said. She stood up and stretched.

[Wanda] "Once I get a change to wash my hands," she said, "I'd love some popcorn."

[Mystique] Raven looked at her relatively meager pile of books and notebooks. "Love some," she said.

[Remy] ((awwww))

[Jamie] "I'll even go get it myself, and Remy I have some tequila left, you look like you could use it," Jamie laughed.

[Remy] Remy flashed Doug the thumbs up behind Raven back.

[Cypher] He helped grab a couple of the books and stood up. "Still having some trouble with programming?"

[Jamie] ((awwww ;p))

[Mystique] She handed a few to Doug.

[Remy] "Merde, none for me 'omme or Wagner really will 'ave Remy's testicles dis time."

[Jamie] "Go Doug." Jamie mimed and also gave Doug a thumbs up.

[Mystique] "Nah, those semicolons are a snap now. Not that my programs wever work, but the semicolons are all there, I'm sure of it."

[Mystique] "I wonder what they think we're going to do?" Raven whispered to Doug as they walked out the door.

[Cypher] Completely oblivious to his support network... "That's good about those, but if you need some other help, let me know."

[Jamie] "I'm interested in learning how to lockpick Remy can you help me any, later of course?"

[Cypher] He whispered back, "Wait, who and the what now?"

[Remy] Remy eyed Jamie. "Don' know if Remy should be teachin' y' stuff like dat. Y'get into enough stuff as it is."

[Mystique] "All the guys cheering you on like a conquering hero on his way to claim the treasure."

[Wanda] "I'm just going to make sure this gets to dry before tomorrow's firing," Wanda said, "Then I'll be back."

[Mystique] Raven laughed. "I think we need to get HBO-Nights in this place. Everythng will go a lot smoother...."

[Remy] "Remy 'as NO intentions of 'aving you break into 'is room to video tape me doin' whatever.

[Cypher] "The..." He got it and turned a bright shade of red. "Oh! I mean, that's not what I was... Uhm...

[Jamie] "Of course not I meant so I could break into the liquor cabinet, dupe some liquior and so on...."

[Mystique] "Don't worry about it. I still like your shirt. And you do owe me a shrubbery." Raven grinned. "Shall we leave them to their blundering attempts at stealing booze from the staff?"

[Remy] "mhhmm." Remy folded his arms across his chest. "No way I'm teachin' y dat."

[Wanda] She jumped up from her chair and went out of the rec room. Doug and Raven were still talking in the hall, and Doug was blushing. Wanda hoped she'd have time to burnish the pot before tomorrow morning's firing.

[Wanda] The pottery studio was on one of the lower floors, she headed for the stairs.

[Cypher] Owe her a shrubbery? What did that mean? "Yeah, no more liquor for me..."

[Jamie] "Damn, guess I'll have to learn it on my own." Jamie sighed "Anyway I'm off to get popcorn and another Dr.Pepper."

[Remy] ((so are we wrapping?))

[Mystique] ((I am. I keep using Logan for a pillow.))

[Wanda] ((I think so....))

[Remy] Remy scowled at the report. He had to get that done to. Why did he think that going to school was a good idea again?

[Jamie] ((no idea))

[Remy] ((K - get any last works in, and we'll wrap it))

[Jamie] Jamie walked back into the room "Man everyone cleared out." he sighed.

[Edited on 23/5/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

5/22 Instance: Oh oh the parents are coming?

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

That was a frikken BRILLIANT RP!!! Seriously, I loved it! We learned SO much about Jamie, and even had some great info thrown in about everyone else!!

So, when are the parent visits happening?? ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Confizzle
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

5/22 Instance: Oh oh the parents are coming?

Post by Confizzle »

A lot of Jamie's history I tweaked a bit from cannon.

The "chair"= X-Factor 73-75

His old suit=Giant sized Fantasic Four #4, i think.....

and of course we technically killed off Proteus during the making of this rp.