5/24 Instance: A cuppa java

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[remy] Remy stood out on the patio, slowly savoring a smoke, enjoying the weak warmth of the october sunshine.

[Emma] Emma quickly walks out onto the patio, looking over her shoulder.

[remy] "Hey!" Remy smiles at Emma. ""aven't seen y'around for a while!"

[Emma] She smells him before she sees him. "Oh... hey..." Emma is surprised to see Remy without TJ.

[Emma] "I've been visiting back home. Haven't seen anyone else yet. How are... things?"

[remy] Remy reaches into his pocket, hauling out a battered pack. "Y'want one?" Sighing he shrugged. "Well, nothin' around 'ere is ever sane, neh?"

[remy] "So 'ow was 'ome, den?"

[Emma] "No thanks. Ugh, this place drives me crazy. Almost as bad as home. So, um, where is... everyone?" Emma senses trouble, and goes in for the kill.

Emma exits from this room

Emma enters this room

[remy] Remy grins. "Dere all in class. Wagner's talkin' about somethin' about some people dat 'ave been dead for 500 yrs." He placed his pack back in his pocket "Didn' see de point in it, so came out 'ere for a bit."

[Emma] "I don't imagine it's possible to flunk out of this place anyway." Emma rolled her eyes.

[remy] Chuckling he nodded. "Yeah. Think dat the d' main requirement for dis place is to be weird. An' Remy's got dat in de hat."

[remy] "So...y'don like it 'ere much? Why'd y'come back?"

confizzle enters this room

[Emma] She glances sidelong at Remy. "My father insists that I go here. He knows about... the powers and wants them kept under control."

[Emma] "This place is already bothering me. Do you want to go for a coffee or something?"

[remy] "Ahh.." he took a long drag of his cigarrette. "Dat mean 'e wants to make y' normal again?"

[Emma] ((Oh christ, I just figured out the Prof Howlett thing. DENSE!!))

[remy] Nodding he stubbed the cigarrette out. "sure, coffee sounds good."

[Emma] "He doesn't care, as long as I'm kept away from him."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

remy enters this room

>[remy] Welcome to the New and Improved Nightscrawlers Chat! If you are new to chat pick a color at the bottom and join in. We are glad to be back and we are glad to have you with us. Please help us continually improve our service to you by reporting any errors or problems you experience in chat in our technical support forums. Thank you!

[remy] "What would y'like?"

Emma enters this room

TJSpying enters this room

[TJSpying] ((coffe shop...how.....Westchester))

[Emma] "Just a black coffee. Oh my god, it's good to get out of there." Emma stretches out and relaxes a bit.

[remy] "Bein. Why don' you grab a table." Remy wandered off to the counter to order.

[Emma] Emma picks a table close to the window settles down and waits for Remy.

[remy] Picking up the two plain coffees he searched the room for her blonde head, the dimness of the room combined with his sunglasses making it a bit harder to see. Spotting her he smiled and joined her, placing her mug infront of her.

[Emma] "Thanks." Emma smiled up at Remy. "TJ must be cooler than I thought if she lets you go for coffee with other girls."

[remy] Sipping cautiously at his, the comment startling him into a gulp that left him sputtering a little.

[Emma] ((score!!))

[remy] "Well..." Crap. Did he have to be the one to tell everyone this! "actually, don' think dat she cares why Remy does no more." He smiled sadly over the rim of his mug.

[Emma] "Hey, are you okay?" Emma smirks slightly to herself.

[remy] He rolled his scalded tounge around in his mouth. "Jus' fine."

[Emma] "Ah, it's like that. Trust me, she still cares." But she can't do anything about it. Emma smiles wider. This changed everything.

[Emma] Emma is nothing if not cautious. "Did you want to talk about it?"

[remy] Remy crooked a brow at Emma. She was positivly glowing. "So, if y're dad don' want y'around, why not go somewhere else den?"

[remy] They spoke at the same time, and he smiled ruefully.

[Emma] "Not much to tell. My dad is the one with the money."

[remy] "Well, just came to a difference of opinions." He sighed. "An...it just 'appened, y'know?"

[remy] "Ah. Well, y'could get a job in lots of areas petite. Y're a smart femme - y'could make it on y're own."

[Emma] "I'm not big on the service industry, and no other places will hire an 18 year old with no work experience. I was hoping to transfer, but after seeing the classes... hope is lost. McDonalds it is."

[Emma] Just happened... Emma concludes that it is nowhere near over.

[remy] "Well..." He raked an apprechiate glance up and down her "Y'could always model or somethin too."

[Emma] Emma looks surprised for a minute. "You think so? I don't know if I could trade food for blowjobs though."

[Emma] Emma returns his gaze, fighting the urge to shyly stare down at her coffee.

[remy] Remy frowned. "Gah, not dat, petite! Dat's not what Remy meant." He took another sip. "More like for catologues an' stuff y'know?"

[Emma] "Even catalogues probably pay pretty well... "Now that she has a possible out, Emma isn't sure she wants to go.

[Emma] "What would you do if you weren't at Xaviers, Remy?"

[remy] "In d' meantime though, it ain' gonna 'urt to stay 'ere. Y'may even learn some stuff about y're powers."

[remy] Remy smiled wistfully. "Be down in N'awleans." He tapped the side of his mug "Instead of freezin' my ass off up 'ere"

[Emma] "I don't even like to think about the powers."

[Emma] Emma laughs. "You think this is cold?"

[remy] "Ave y'ever been to de south girl? Dis is de coldes' it ever gets dere - an' its only october!"

[remy] He leaned back in his seat, stretching a little. "An' why don' you like y're powers? Dey are cool."

[Emma] "They're just... so pointless. The only point of control is not using them by accident."

[remy] "Non, dey aren't! What if y' were gonna be mugged or somethin'? Dey couldn't do nothin to you when y'go all sparkly like y'do!"

[remy] He smiled. "No one's gonna be able to kick y're ass petite."

[Emma] "That's true. The control thing, though... it's just on/off and I've got that down."

[Emma] "You seem to have your powers under control too."

[remy] Remy chuckled ruefully. "Oui, now. It's one y'ave to figure out quick, less y'want y're ass blown off."

[remy] Taking a sip, he started to laugh more. "Mon deui, d' messes...dat's a 'ard thing to explain away. Shocked the 'ell out of me de first time it 'appened."

[Emma] Emma brushed her hair back and leaned forward. "What happened the first time?"

[remy] Remy looked at her over the edge of his glasses. "Well. Remy was young, oui? An' was sleepin, an...dreamin' like young boys are prone to do. All of a sudden everythin' was VERY warm. Woke up an de whole bed was glowin'. Jus' managed to get out of de way in time."

[remy] He shook his head "Good thin' it was in an abandoned warehouse. Place already looked shitty enough, dat didn't really matter dat I blew more of it to 'ell."

[Emma] "Did you know it was you? The first time it happened to me I thought someone else must have done it..."

[remy] "Well, at first it was confusin' as 'ell. To be yanked from a dream like dat leaves y'feelin a little confused, neh? But den it happened at least a dozen more times dat mornin' so dere wasn't much confustion about it."

[Emma] "That must have been scary. How old were you?"

[remy] Remy chuckled at the memory. "It was scary at first, but den it started to get fun. Spent de next two days charging stuff and blowin' it up. 'ad some problems with accidently chargin stuff for d' next year, but managed to cover it pretty well."

[remy] "Jus' a pup. 14." he tipped his head. "So what about y?"

[Emma] "I woke up feeling weird. Closed my eyes and wished for it to go away. That happened every morning for a month before I finally tried to change myself... " Emma stares down at the table. She doesn't like talking about it. Although it's not as bad as talking about the mind powers.

[remy] "So 'ow did y're parents find out den?"

[Emma] "Oh..." Emma isn't sure how to explain this without bringing up the other thing. "They don't know about that specifically... they just know something is weird." Emma hopes that covers it.

[remy] Remy frowned in confusion. "But y'said dat y're Dad wanted y'to learn about dem. Seems dat y'can control 'em just fine."

[Emma] "He doesn't want me to learn about them. Just to not use them. But he doesn't trust me not to, and Xavier talked him into sending me here somehow."

[remy] ((crap - I will be back in 5 min - just have to drop the daughter off))

[Emma] "How did Xavier find you, anyway?"

[Emma] ((I wait.))

[remy] "Fuck dat petite! It's y're body, an y'can choose what to do wit' it." Remy shrugged "Don' know actually, de letter just came through some...contacts down in N'awleans. Looked interestin' an de rest is 'istory."

[Emma] "Xavier must have serious contacts. I don't really trust him."

[remy] Remy blew a puff of air out through his lips. "Neither does Remy, petite. Dere isn't much in dis life y'can trust."

[Emma] Emma shrugs. "Nothing we can do about it. Has anyone actually been learning about their powers?"

[Emma] "Like, they always go on about learning, but who's learning?"

[remy] He emptied his cup and set it down on the table. "A bit, oui. Dere was dis army guy dat came and talked about dem." he wasn't that fond of the new prof. "Suppos' to come back sometime an' do more."

[remy] "If dere is one thin' dat is good, is seein' dat dere is others like us, neh? Remy used to wonder if 'e was de devil's get."

paws enters this room

paws exits from this room

[Emma] "The devil? But didn't you know about mutants?"

[remy] "Non." He shook his head. "Down south, y'keep y're difference 'idden. Remy's got some suspicions now, though."

[Emma] "Suspicions about?" Emma fidgits with her coffee cup.

[remy] "sides which." he waved a hand up towards his face "Its de eye's y'know? Was born wit' dem"

[remy] "Well, now dat Remy thinks about it, dere was a few people back 'ome dat did some crazy stuff, dat never really thought about."

[Emma] "I like your eyes. I don't know any other mutants, except the ones here."

[Emma] Emma doesn't know what she wants any more. She studies the lines of Remy's face and wishes she knew what was really up with him and TJ.

[remy] He grinned at her. "Well, than' you petite, but dey are a little unsettling to people not used to dem. Or pretty much any one dat believes in de devil. Y'shouldn' be livin' your life for y're dad though. Do what y'want to do, screw 'im.

[Emma] "I just want to know what's really going on... with this school. So I can decide what I want to do. But what I've seen so far is... iffy."

[remy] "Don' blame y'for dat petite - dat's just bein' smart." his mouth turned up in a smirk "but nothin' wrong with playin it for what its worth, neh? Nice place, good food."

[TJSpying] ((bye guys!))

TJSpying exits from this room

[Emma] "Interesting people..."

[remy] "Dat dey are." He guestured to her cup. "Y'want more?"

[Emma] She doesn't, but she wants to keep talking to Remy. "Sure."

[Emma] ((Actually, I'm going to need to go soon. Work time.))

[remy] Grinning he scoops them both up and saunters back to the counter. This was nice, a semi normal converstation for once, and for the most part, they were avoiding talkig about TJ.

[remy] He walked back, setting the refilled cup in front of her, slouching in his seat again.

[Emma] Emma wants to do more than just talk, but doesn't want to risk getting shot down quite yet.

[Emma] "I haven't been going to classes. Any of them worth going to?"

[remy] Chuckling he played with his cup. "Think dat y're asking de wrong guy dat question. Never been dat interested in school."

[remy] "So what are y're dreams den. If y' could do anythin' what would y'do?"

[Emma] "I don't know any more. I used to want to make a pile of money, but what's the point?"

[remy] "Well, y'wouldn' 'ave to listen to y're dad den."

[Emma] "That was the idea..."

[Emma] "But it's not like he's here."

[remy] "Non..." Remy flashed a huge smile at her "An what he doesn't know won't kill 'im, neh?"

[Emma] "Damn right." Emma smiled back.

[Emma] ((Got to wrap it up.))

[Emma] "Maybe we should try to make at least one class today."

[remy] "Suppos' dat would be a good idea." he grinned "Got t'ave somethin' to show for it."

[remy] "Wonder if we get a 'mutant degree' or soemthin' after all of dis, neh?"

[remy] He stood up, offering his hand to her.

[Emma] Emma took his hand, focusing on the feel of his skin. "We have to do this again soon."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.