6/11 Instance: Lizzie is mental

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Dr.Xavier enters this room

Elizabeth enters this room

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier sits in his office, going over a few papers, waiting for one of his newer students to arrive.

[Elizabeth] There's an unenthusiastic knocking at the door of the offic

[Dr.Xavier] He looks up with a smile, seeing the door nudge open slightly, "Please, Miss Braddock, come in."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie pulls the door open and steps in, a wry smile on her face.

Jsherlock enters this room

confizzle enters this room

[Elizabeth] She doesn't say anything, but stands by the door, looking at Dr Xavier with almost a puzzled look. "Sorry I'm a little late, Sir."

[Dr.Xavier] He gestures to the chairs opposite his desk. "have a seat, please."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie walks over to the seat, nudging it with her telekinisis slightly until it is better positioned then sits.

[Dr.Xavier] "Oh, don't worry about that. I have much to occupy my time while I wait," he indicated the stacks of paperwork. "Who knew running a University would involve so much work?" he asked with a smile.

[Elizabeth] "Anyone who didn't think about what they were letting themselves in for," Lizzie replies with her usual quickness, then winces as she remembers that the Dr wasn't there to be beckchatted

[Elizabeth] "Sorry. That came out wrong...."

[Dr.Xavier] He raised an eyebrow at that. "I suppose."

[Dr.Xavier] He steeples his fingers, face taking a more serious look. "The reason i asked you here, Miss Braddock, is to speak about an incident made aware to me by our nurse, Annie."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shifts uncomfortably in her chair and looks towards the window. "I thought it probbaly was...."

[Elizabeth] "Yeah, I don't deny it. I completely went mental and she needed to give me some kind of sedative....But there are too many...This place is full of so many people all with different emotions going through them!"

[Dr.Xavier] He watched her sympathetically. He knew how difficult it was to be a young telepath, just beginning to understand your ability.

[Elizabeth] "I know I need to keep a lid on my telepathy, but surely I'm not the only one who needs some sort of...restraint. Most of the other guys here should be on Jerry Springer or something. Or Crimewatch, depending on how you see it."

[Dr.Xavier] He chuckled a bit, before sombering. "Elizabeth, the world is full of people with many different emotions. The key, as a telepath, is to know how to control it on your end."

[Elizabeth] "What if I can't?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looks up at him, her eyes very serious. "Every time I put a wall up to block something off, another wall breaks."

[Dr.Xavier] "You're young, Elizabeth. You need training. I know trying to keep mental shield up is very difficult. But, with practice, it can become second nature."

[Elizabeth] "It's like...the more I try to control it, the less in control I am. It was the same at school...All the other girls - I could never just be alone. Never. I always had their thoughts buzzing away in my head."

[Dr.Xavier] "it's not easy being a telepath, in the least. It's probably among the most difficult of mutations to control. But it can be done."

[Elizabeth] "Yes, I'm young. And I know I'm not the only telepath to have been taught here - why isn't it as easy for me?"

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier chuckled again. "Elizabeth, who said it was easy for anyone?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sighed and rubbed her forehead. She had never been a 'Golden Pupil' at school, and she never would be here. Plus, her head hurt like hell

[Dr.Xavier] "You simply need to know that it's possible. I'm not going to lie to you. It's going to take work. But, you can control it."

[Elizabeth] Shrugging, Lizzie's attention drited towards the window again. "I dunno. It's just what I heard. I'm just a spazzy telepath with half baked tekeinisis thrown in."

[Dr.Xavier] "You're just young. You have alot ahead of you. It will work out, that i can promise you."

[Elizabeth] "So, it's possible. I can control it." Lizzie says, not sounding altoghether convinced. "How then? How do I make it work after five years of complete hell trying to hold my own mind together so I can just rmember who I am in the morning?"

[Dr.Xavier] "Thats what I am here for, Miss Braddock. I've been where you are. I can help you."

[Elizabeth] "Saying that it will work out is a comforting thought, Sir, but it doesn't actually help me." Lizzie said, rarther stonily

[Dr.Xavier] He tapped a pencil against his desk. "I'd like perhaps to set up a time we can work on this in the next week. We'll work it around your class schedule"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shrugged, staring out of the window again.

[Dr.Xavier] "How are you liking your classes?"

[Elizabeth] "They're....different from what I'm used to back in England. Everythig is different."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looks around the office, enjoying the relative peace of the place, despite the fact that she'd rarther be elsewhere.

[Dr.Xavier] "Quite a bit of culture shock I imagine. Is it what you'd expected?"

[Elizabeth] "Mostly. It's American television and media that is biased against Britain. We don't all talk like Dick Van bloody Dyke. It's just a bit...I'm used to being with - god, I'm going to sound like a snob..." Lizzie trails off, slightly embarassed

[Elizabeth] "I know I'm hardly a lady, but...I just kid around. I wouldn't mind fitting in, being one of the gang, I suppose, but I'd just be fooling myself. I'm not really like the others here, I know it, and deep down they probably know it."

[Dr.Xavier] He smiled. "I won't tell"

[Dr.Xavier] He thought a second. "I haven't seen you having any trouble fitting in. You seem to get on well with the others."

[Elizabeth] "I don't, yet. But it can be hard sometimes. It's more what I feel than how it actually is. Everyone is nice, really...but not my usual vrowd."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie rubs her forehead. Her head is still throbbing dully. "I'm tying myself up in knots, sorry Sir. I am getting on well with everyone, but that's always the way, at first. I've seen it at school - the new girl comes along, she's welcomed, included, but then something goes to pul her back."

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier nodded. "Well, perhaps you can find a new crowd then?"

[Dr.Xavier] "I'm not sure that you should expect that, Elizabeth. I find expecting the worst makes it the inevitable"

[Elizabeth] "Push her away from the others - she's got royal blood in her veins, she's a scholarship girl from East London...People accept at first, but when they realise just how different you are - snap. Forget about even being one of the click

[Elizabeth] Lizze regards Xavier. She knows he understands, or is at least trying to, but she still finds it slightly maddening. "But Sir, it's what I have come to expect before. It's what I've seen before - I've been at boarding school since I was a smal child."

[Elizabeth] "Terribly unhealthy enviroments, especially when you're a telepath." Lizzie adds with half a smile

[Dr.Xavier] "I think you'll find this school quite different, if you haven't already," he chuckled

[Elizabeth] "Oh, I've seen it's different. But that doesn't change the nature of people, does it?"

[Dr.Xavier] "You mention being different in every school, being the outcast? I believe quite a few of the other students here can relate to that....quite well."

[Dr.Xavier] "Perhaps that is the difference? That will be what makes the difference here where it didn't elsewhere?"

[Elizabeth] "I was only the outcast when I found out I was a mutant. I was lynched in the toilets."

[Dr.Xavier] "I supposed I am trying to say...don't predict the actions of others. They can surprise you."

[Elizabeth] "Have you ever had twelve girls trying to kick your head in and pull your hair out?"

[Elizabeth] "Just as I can surprise them," Lizzie says and leans back in her seat, then realises the hair comment was a little innapropriate and tries not to laugh

[Dr.Xavier] He gestured at his bald head. "Not quite."

[Elizabeth] "Yes. Sorry, Sir," Lizzie says, trying not to giggle.

[Dr.Xavier] "I think you should give your fellow students the benefit of the doubt. I can assure that here you won't feel any persecution for being a mutant, at least."

[Elizabeth] "But, can you promise I won't face any form of adversary? Can you promise we're all going to be one big happy family? It doens't feel that way to me - why do you think I went into such a state of telepathic shock?"

[Dr.Xavier] "Of course I can't make those promises. But you can work to make those things not only possibilities, but realities."

[Elizabeth] "No persecution, maybe, but what about trust? It is all very well and gladly welcome, that you help me get my abilities together - but can you reassure people that I won't go sneaking into people's minds."

[Elizabeth] "Reality, maybe here, but what about when I finish my education here and am ready to leave? What about outside? Or are you going to keep us here in some weird commune?"

[Dr.Xavier] "I could, but I think it would be best if you earned that trust for yourself."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie nodded slightly. She knew that was probably the only way but it was easier said than done.

[Dr.Xavier] "Elizabeth, I offer you a place to stay here for as long as you'll take it. But when you do chose to leave, I hope to have trained you and taught you enough to not worry about what will happen then"

[Elizabeth] "I see." Lizzie looks down, frowning slightly.

[Elizabeth] Maybe she had made the wrong choice.....

[Dr.Xavier] He hadn't expected her to become to solemn. "Don't concern yourself with the future so much, Elizabeth. You still have alot to learn. I think you'll find things will tend to work out."

[Elizabeth] Looking back up, Lizzie nods slightly. "I suppose so. Is there anything you can do to help me for now? I've had a sychic headace for four days now...."

[Dr.Xavier] He smiles. "If you'd like, we can do a bit of shield building now? That would help with the headache"

[Elizabeth] "It's all well and good saying you're going to help me around my wonderfully varied and exciting classes, but my head is killing me now and I woke up with the alarm clock hovering abover the wardrobe this morning."

[Elizabeth] "If that is alright with you, Sir," Lizzie nods. "Before I go completely potty."

[Dr.Xavier] "I'd be happy to help," he smiled.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Ah, Lizzie's 'true colours' are starting to show a little....Everyone watch out for low flying knives :D