6/19 instance: Bottle buddies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

6/19 instance: Bottle buddies

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[TheFallen] * TheFallen leans back on the patio chair and closes his eyes, wishing he had a drink on the table beside him.

[TheFallen] A little bit of peace was found all too seldom in this hellhole of a university, and God knows he needed it.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen opens one eye at hearing someone enter. "Oh. It's you," he said, though not unkindly, and closed his eyes again.

[Elizabeth] Elizabeth walks out of the building on to the patio, a bag over her shoulder. Seeing her fellow drunkard she grins and moves silently across the patio to a seat near him.

[Elizabeth] "Oh, for -" Lizzie rolls her eyes. "You look like I feel."

[TheFallen] "So I take it you're not doing well?" * TheFallen inquired.

[Elizabeth] "Ill be better when I have a drink. Care to join me?" Lizzie opens her bag and pulls out a bottle of malt whisky and a bottle of vodka

[TheFallen] * TheFallen opens his eyes and pivots the chair to land on the ground. "Seriously think I'd say no?"

[Elizabeth] "I've called dibs on the vodka - I don't know if you like whisky but its a good one. My father drinks it."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen reads its label. "Sure, why not."

[Elizabeth] "Well, I didn't know what you'd say. You seem like the sort of person who'd rarther most people would stay away." Lizzie shrugged. "I had to ask..."

[Elizabeth] "I could go fetch some glasses if you like, unless you'd rarther drink out of the bottle?"

[TheFallen] "Heh, aren't I though? But all are welcome who come bearing alcohol. Because then if you annoy me, I can just drink and ignore you." * TheFallen smirks.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raises an eyebrow archly and takes a swig out of the bottle. "Bad habit, but what can you do?"

[Elizabeth] "Well, Daddy gave me a credit card before I came here," Lizzie spits the word Daddy like it has a bad taste.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen turns the corners of his mouth in what can barely be called a smile. "Did he," he repeats blandly.

[Elizabeth] "he doesn't like his little Princess drinking....but then he doesn't really like me doing anything - and if I am going to drink he'd rarther be paying for it than some stranger in a club." Lizzie unscrews the vodka and swallows some. "Bad habits are the best..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nods placidly and turns his attention back to the whiskey, no longer seeming interested in the topic at hand.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looks momentarily uncomfortable before drinking some more vodka. "Well that's a record. I've pissed you off already."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen glances up. "No, you haven't pissed me off."

[TheFallen] "Just what parents do doesn't really interest me anymore."

[Elizabeth] "Same, I guess. My father is only trying to make up for the fact they sent me here."

[TheFallen] "I see. Well, can't blame them for being sorry. Don't see a lot of promise in it all so far."

[Elizabeth] "Of course, they did have alternatives, but if you believe it, this was the least embarassing for them," Lizzie snorted and sipped some vodka. "They'd have a fucking fit if they saw some of the people here!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nods slowly.

[TheFallen] "Well. Real life takes getting used to for some."

[Elizabeth] "Sorry, I had a bit to drink before I came out and found you...plus I haven't eaten much. Old habits die hard....everyone was fucking bulimic or anorexic at boarding school it became second nature to skip meals!"

[TheFallen] "Heh. Well, with Nurse Annie on board I don't know how you manage to do anything remotely unhealthy without her poking her nose in."

[Elizabeth] "Are you implying that I don't know what real life is?" Lizzie grinned. "I've been taking extra curricular lessons since I was fifteen, darling, in everything from alcohol to sex to roughing it on the street!"

[TheFallen] "She's still been asking me whether I've been taking drugs or not. Don't think she believed me that one day I was brought back."

[TheFallen] "Not at all. I'm saying we know what real life is. Our parents aren't important anymore; they had their time. Now it's ours."

[Elizabeth] "Nurse Annie...yeah she's already managed to give me a sedative on a scale that could kill a baby elephant....I think it was a sedative. I can't remember if that's my own memory from that day. I totally spazzed!"

[Elizabeth] "I never really listened to the parentals. My older brother was far more well versed in the world of realness. Of course you could say he was my downfall...I was smoing and drinking at thirteen thanks to him!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen snorts. "You needed it. You were pretty wired."

[Elizabeth] "Were you even there when I started screaming and curling up in my seat? Anyway...that is nothing compared to when I first got my power."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shuddered and swallows yet more vodka to calm herself.

[TheFallen] "No, I wasn't there but I heard. People seem keen to keep me abreast of all the uninteresting events in this school."

[Elizabeth] "Wait, brought back? You mean you managed to escape this hellhole?"

[TheFallen] ((Sorry about the lag, I've been switching from one computer to another.))

[Elizabeth] "And let me guess, you don't really care for idle gossip?" Lizzie smiles wryly

[TheFallen] * TheFallen seems to brighten about the shared opinion of the school.

[Elizabeth] ((np, I'm like....reading some notes n stuff I made for this to check I'm doing what I wanted))

[TheFallen] "Yes in fact, I took a stroll back into the real world for a couple of weeks. Was brought back by the cops on a drunk and disorderly."

[TheFallen] "Still don't know how they figured to return me here. I know Xavier had something to do with it and I resent that."

[Elizabeth] "That's a shame. Take me next time, I'll make them think you're perfectly fine and sober!"

[TheFallen] "I was trying peacefully to die, laid up in my alley, and the assholes interfered. Managed to cut 'em up a good bit though."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiles grimly and takes another swallow of whiskey.

[Elizabeth] "Oh don't get me STARTED on that bald....ggr! I don't CARE if he is a telepath, he does NOT know what it's like!" lizzie springs up and kicks a plantpot.

Fly enters this room

[Fly] * Fly buzzes in on the breeze

[Elizabeth] "Die....?" he anger fades for s second as she turns back to face him. "Why die? Isn't it better to prove everyone wrong and rub their faces in it?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raises an eyebrow at her unseemly outburst and leans back.,

[Elizabeth] "Oh don't play all coy with me..." Lizzie sighs and rubs her forehead. "If you were dragged back drunk I'm sure you've had one of Xavier's one on ones..."

[TheFallen] "What was I to prove wrong? They've always been right."

[Elizabeth] "Right about what? Look...you don't have to answer that - I'm curous now, but..."

[TheFallen] "Yes," he smiles grimly. "And it was interesting. I'm not sure why I stayed."

[Elizabeth] "You think he played with your mind? I'd never play with a person's mind like that...."

[TheFallen] "You know they're right. When they say that we're a mistake in the species. When they say that we're an abomination, sent from their respective devils."

[TheFallen] "They've always been right to fear us, to hate us, to spit upon us. To kill us. We're their worst nightmare, and there's nothing we can do about it."

[Elizabeth] "I was talking about the people in the school. Not the whole world - fuck them, what do they matter to people like us?" Lizzie spat bitterly.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen takes a long gulp of whiskey. "So why bother?"

[TheFallen] "Yeah, well. I wasn't including the people in this school as being right. They're misguided. Too idealistic. They think they can change the world."

[TheFallen] "The world doesn't want to be changed, and it won't be. It never has."

[Elizabeth] "When I was thirteen I found out I could read minds and move things just by thinking about it. A half cracked demonstaration of this - an accident that could have been down to anything happened and my class took it upon themselves to beat the hell out of me."

[Elizabeth] "They found me in the toilets, pulled my hair out in chunks and kicked me over and over...they only stopped because I got so scared and hurt I accidentally made a tap fly off and shatter a mirror. I scared them. I still do, and they know it."

[TheFallen] "Just what I'm talking about. That kind of hostility is everywhere. It always has been; we're just the new targets."

[TheFallen] "We're nothing special. Just the latest of the scapegoats created for our malignant cancer of a species."

[Elizabeth] Drinking some more vodka, Lizzie leant back. "Until then I was fairly popular - not in PE as everyone was my enemy as I was better than them at it...but it was like they....it isn't like I grew a tail or anything..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiles grimly. "No. It's not like you did at all."

[Elizabeth] "I kept seeing into the mind of my teacher - fucking dyke - and...well, then the netball blew up right in Gabrielle's face. That felt good." Lizzie said smugly.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen leans back. "I bet it did, I bet it did."

[Elizabeth] "She was a bitch. Hated that I was better than her, hated that my hair was blonder than hers and hated that I had blue eyes when she had green. I just gave her an excuse to get her gang to lynch me."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie pulls her knees up to prop her chin of them and sips at her vodka, looking distant.

[TheFallen] "And that's just it. She would have taken any excuse. Any of them would."

[Fly] * Fly buzzes off

[Elizabeth] "I fucking hate this place. It's no different from the other boarding schools I got packed off to - everyone in their little groups and circles."

[TheFallen] "You just happened to be the easiest target. The closest one to her, the first to reveal yourself."

[Elizabeth] "I made her pay in the end."

[TheFallen] "Isn't it though? For all their talk of unity, it's mighty hard to see in the student body. I can tell you that for sure."

[TheFallen] "It's no different. People still have to be excluded. People still have to have their circles. It's life."

[Elizabeth] "I suppose we're supposed to be united in our uniqueness. Bollocks to that." Lizzie sneers

[TheFallen] "Yeah. That's going to work. See how it's gotten everyone so far."

[Elizabeth] "No one knows what it's like....you don't know what it's like to get tangled up in people's loose thoughts and forget who you are, to have blinding psychic headaces...."

[Elizabeth] "And I don;t know the pain you have suffered and I won;t make out like I do, as I don't."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiles grimly. "None of us knows each other, do we?"

[TheFallen] "And humans certainly can't even imagine."

[Elizabeth] "We don't. Not in the ways that matter anyway. We can get to know how we take our coffee, what alcholol we prefer...but we don't know each other."

[TheFallen] "For all the talk of some of these diplomats about mutants and humans living as one... bullshit. It's never going to happen."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie smiles. "Indeed. I think we've managed to establish that through personal experience alone!"

[Elizabeth] She checks how much vodka she has left and takes another swig.

[TheFallen] "Quite."

[Elizabeth] "I think I'm going to get drunk. I have some rum in my bag...I think it's rum."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks. "Now you're thinking what I'm thinking."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen surveys his own bottle, nearly empty, in surprise. "Apparently we can hold our liquor better than TJ, for one thing."

[TheFallen] "Takes conditioning. I'm sure we have plenty."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie reaches for her bag, knocks it off the seat and rolls on to the ground to retrive it. "Oops..."

[Elizabeth] "Better breeding maybe?" Lizzie shrugs from on the floor.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks.

[Elizabeth] "The first time I was drunk, I was about nine. It was some big Christmas party at some big house....no one notied the two golden haired Braddock twins getting raoringly drunk behind the tapestry in the main party room."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grins darkly at the image.

[TheFallen] "Well, I started later but was probably drinking much more heavily. I had reason. I was thirteen."

[Elizabeth] "When I reached about thirteen, my wonderful big brother became my supplier of such drink. He was an awful influence on us. Still is," Lizzie scrambles back on her seat with rum in hand

[Elizabeth] "Your power manifested? I was the same age..."

[TheFallen] "Yeah." * TheFallen's face suddenly loses all expression. "My power, as it were, manifested."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looks down. "Sorry. You don't have to say another word if you dont want." She passes him the rum even though she knows it probably isn't a good idea.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen waves the rum away, already sufficiently depressed by the whiskey to continue his story.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looks at the sky as if trying to see something, and his lips tighten.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie kciks herself silently for obviously opening a can of worms.

[TheFallen] "My father tried to kill me." He says shortly, his voice strained. "Took out a fucking knife and tried to kill me."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie blinked. Just what the fuck do you say to that?

[TheFallen] ((crap, brb. Bad time too.))

[Elizabeth] She put down the bottle and perched on the arm of the patio cahir, testing to see if he would let her put her arm around him.

[Elizabeth] ((you could say that ))

[TheFallen] "He was convinced I was demonspawn. Wasn't his, of course. No man like him could sire such a child."

[TheFallen] "Considered it his duty to get rid of me. So you could say I cut the apron strings early."

[Elizabeth] "Shit. I'm - I didn't mean for you to rake up old wounds," Lizzie feels her cheeks burning with shame and she shakes slightly as she tries to keep her slightly drunken balance on the arm of the chair.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen goes on, taking perverse pleasure in her discomfiture he would have been horrified by were he not drunk.

[TheFallen] "So I think you can understand how I know we're hated. It was just a small example of something much bigger."

[Elizabeth] "It's always something much bigger...." Lizzie muttered and put a hand on his shoulder to try and keep her balance.

[TheFallen] "Something much bigger which I was able to witness for years on the streets. No one likes the bogeyman. No one makes friends with him, and no one will let him live like everyone else."

[TheFallen] "For a while, I thought Xavier's would be different. Maybe they'd heard of someone like me or knew how I could deal with it. How I could fix it."

[Elizabeth] "And I was lying slightly....I did want to know what made you skulk around so, like something right out of Hamlet, but I didn't - fuck, I don't know."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiles grimly. "But I quickly realized they knew nothing. They didn't even know how hated they were; they thought they could make themselves liked."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen pauses for breath in the middle of his rant and seems to sober.

[Elizabeth] "Fix it fix it fix it...." Lizzie grows and stands up. "Coming here was supposed to fix it!"

[TheFallen] "I apologise if you did not want to know all this. I'm afraid I couldn't help it." He raises her whiskey bottle with a grim smile.

[Elizabeth] *Lizzie suddenly screams again in another outburst.

[Elizabeth] "Oh, I wanted to know...I didn't want you to hurt yourself by raking up the past." Lizzie replies as she tries to simmer down

[TheFallen] "I think I remember you being one of the ones who didn't want to hear the truth that one day in the Lecture Hall. No one did." He stands up in anger, then quickly retracts himself at her outburst.

[Elizabeth] "I was agreeing with you that day," Lizzie cuts in sharply. " I said that nowhere is safe once we go there!"

[Elizabeth] "We bring trouble with us! We bring hurt and pain because it is all we KNOW!2

[TheFallen] "Quite true, my dear."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sighs.

[Elizabeth] "If I skipped out at all that's because I was dying from a fucking migraine - just what you get from being a telepath," Lizzie sat down and drank some more even though she knew she shouldn't.

[TheFallen] "I can't help but think I've caused trouble again. It's all we do but that doesn't mean we have to like it..."

[Elizabeth] "They can't fix me here. No one can fix what I have except maybe a bullet to my head...."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sighs and sits back down on the patio chair.

[TheFallen] "At least you can control it, though. Appear normal. I can't exactly hide what I have."

[Elizabeth] "You think I'm in control? I'm far from in control...."

[TheFallen] "At some point I'm told you'll be able to control it. They have telepaths in this school who can..."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looks at him carefully. "You shouldn't have to hide what you are. You're..."#

[TheFallen] * TheFallen seems to mull over that in contemplation for a while.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raises an eyebrow, for once not archly but inquiringly, awaiting the end of her sentence.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie giggled slightly. "Xavier? He might be a telepath, but he hasn't a clue what's going on in here...I doubt he even knows-" Lizzie stops herself quickly.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks and leans back.

[TheFallen] "Well..." he says, then stops.

[TheFallen] "I hope that I didn't hurt you. I wasn't exactly kind in telling the truth so cruelly."

[Elizabeth] "Well what?" Lizzie asks a little too quickly and drinks some rum, having grown tired of vodka.

[TheFallen] "I think we've both been rather angry and emotional today and we need time to think. I think I need to go to sleep; drink can't help me much here."

[Elizabeth] "I know pain. I like some pain...but not to other people, unless they want it....but scratching and biting is a bit different to emotional pain..."

[Elizabeth] "I think too much. That's why my head hurts so much all of the time...I need some headache tablets."

[TheFallen] "Yeah. I hope I didn't bleed to much onto you and I hope you get better as well... you'll learn control. It'll be hard, but you can I'm sure."

[TheFallen] ((too*))

[Elizabeth] Lizzie hunts around in her bag to see if she has any.

[Elizabeth] "No, you didn't. I think you needed to talk. You can talk to me. I won't say anything to anyone."

[TheFallen] "I think both of us needed to talk. But I think now rest is what I need, and you too."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie picked her bag up, stuffing bottles into it. "I haven't even begun yet." She said hollowly.

[TheFallen] "Well, I'll be here often when I can be. You'll understand if there are some times when I don't need to talk."

[TheFallen] "Or can't talk, rather."

[Elizabeth] She stares up at the school with a dark look. "This wasn't where I was meant to go....it was just the best alternative for everyone. Except me."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked to him then, and nodded. "Of course. I understand."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen quirks the corners of his lips in another half-smile. "Well, I think you may find that it may have its strengths as well. We just haven't found them yet..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen contemplates for a moment.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shakes her head. He didn't seem to understand what she had implied

[TheFallen] "Nah." He smirks. "Not with Xavier wheeling around it, in any case."

[Elizabeth] "I...you won't meantion to the others about this? Or any...other conversations we may have? I think you may understand...."

[Elizabeth] "I hope you can understand."

[TheFallen] "Of course I do." He smiles grimly.

[Elizabeth] "Well, that is something we can both look forward to amongst the mundaneness of this place. God, is that even a word?"

[TheFallen] "I think you'll find I'm not very much of a blabbermouth. I keep secrets."

[Elizabeth] "Always a good thing to know..."

[TheFallen] "Sure it is. And sure, we can look forward to it. To the alcohol, at least, if not the emotional deluge." He smirks.

[Elizabeth] "Of course. Maybe next time we can break out of here. Don't worry - I can make the local peasants think you look totally normal - or as normal as you wish!"

[TheFallen] "Heh. A useful skill, that could be."

[Elizabeth] "Or if not that, then discourage any officers of the law from dragging us back here," Lizzie shrugged.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirks.

[Elizabeth] "I am a very useful girl to have around. Telepathy...TK....credit card...."

[Elizabeth] "Just make sure you bring a packet of painkillers just in case I forget mine or run out! Can't do without 'em!"

[TheFallen] "Why, I can see that." He grins wryly.

[TheFallen] "Oh no, trust me; I have plenty. They're just up in the room."

[Elizabeth] "Wonderful, in that case you're an equally useful man to have around!"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie yawned slightly. Bitching, getting drunk and over emotional made her tired....

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grins at Lizzie's yawn. "As I said, I think resting is in order."

[Elizabeth] "Yup. I don't think I can manage the stairs though...I may sleep out here...." lizzie giggles, a wave of drunkeness washing over her

[TheFallen] "Well, if you'd like." He grins wryly. "I don't think I could. Having lived on the streets enough for any man, I always prefer a bed now. One of the few advantages of this place."

[Elizabeth] "Bed's a nice place. But the gorunds moving...."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen stands up and walks to the patio door. "Then I'll be off if you don't mind. I have a feeling we shall talk again, yes? And hopefully it'll involve more drinking and less pain."

[Elizabeth] "That's a promise." Lizzie nods and sits down to take in a bit of fresh air before tackling the stairs.

[Elizabeth] He was a strange one...but maybe, just maybe he could understand.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nods and steadies himself on the door for a moment before opening it and walking in a dignified manner towards the stairs, his look not inviting any further interaction.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.