6/21 Instance: Meet the family - The Summers

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Summers] Scott drummed his fingers on the side table, sighing impatiently. He was sprawled over one side of the couch, and if he could, he would have been staring at the clock.

[Japheth] * Japheth grabs the remote and changes the channel to national geographic channel.

[Summers] "What time is it now?" Scott asked again.

[Japheth] "Don't know, don't have a watch. There's supposed to be Shark Attack Special on sometime."

[Remy] Remy only half pays attention to the tv...entirely too "educational" for his liking. He grins as TJ cuddles harder into his shoulder.

[Summers] Scott shifted position and sighed again. "They said they' d be here after lunch."

[Remy] "where are dey comin' from anyway?"

[Nocturne] "All we ever watch is shows about sharks," she adjusts herself slightly, arcing her back before cuddling closer.

Nocturne exits from this room

[Summers] "They're coming from South Dakota. They're working on dating the rocks around the dinosaur bones. Well, at least Chris is. Megan likes the dinos better."

Nocturne enters this room

[Nocturne] "Wait, who said? Who's coming?"

[Remy] Remy frowns in thought. "How d'y' date rocks?"

[Summers] "My brother and his fiancee, Megs."

[Nocturne] "They're coming here?!" TJ was a bit concerned. She wasn't so keen on strangers since NY

[Remy] "y'know chere - dey are de ones dat scotty's been bloggin about." He smiled as her tail swished irritibally from side to side. she didn't seem to realize how much of her mood was reflected in it.

MeganS enters this room

[Summers] ((ack got kicked let me see who's who))

[Summers] ((ok this is Scott))

[Nocturne] "Yeah...ok..." she was still a bit nervous. She noticed Remy looking at her tail and moved it to the other side, trying to stabalize it. Stupid thing

[Summers] "I think Chris said you break them down into basic elements and radio carbon date that. But I wasn't paying much attention."

MeganS exits from this room

Angel_II enters this room

[Summers] "Don't worry TJ, Chris and Mega are the nicest people. I'm sure that they'll be nice to you."

[Summers] ((Megs))

[Angel_II] ((Had to run my dad to the hospital -- he's mostly okay, just pissed))

[Nocturne] (( ))

[Angel_II] Angel walks into the rec room, almost leaving as she sees so many people. But Scott's there!

[Summers] ((lol))

[Remy] ((I will brb - daughter))

[Nocturne] Be nice to her? Uhh...ok.

[Summers] Scott lifted his hand in greeting to Angel, he could smell the perfume she wore. "Hey Angel. Chris and Megan will be here soon!"

[Nocturne] Maybe she and Remy could slip upstairs...

[Angel_II] ((Complication from prostate surgery earlier this week))

[Angel_II] "Hey, yo!" She waved at everyone and decided to be sociable, making her way to Scott. "Your brother? Cool!"

[Japheth] "Okay this is boring" Japh starts channel flipping.

[Summers] "Yeah, I told him all about you, and Megan, they're really excited to meet you." Scott moved downt he couch so Angel could sit next to him.

[Angel_II] She squeezed herelf onto the couch next to him, freezing as he spoke. "You did? They are?"

[Summers] "Yeah, I said I'd met a girl. I didn't say much about your wings, but they're really open about stuff, I mean, they've been trying to help me see again."

[Angel_II] "They just visitin'?" She wondered if they were coming to yank him out of the madhouse school.

[Angel_II] She slicked her wings down. "I can cover them up.... I do that sometimes...."

[Summers] "Yep. Chris said he had a surprise, but Megan told me they'd found another rock that might block the rays."

[Summers] Scott patted Angel's arm gently. "Don't hide them."

[Angel_II] "They gonna tape rocks to yo eyes?" It popped out before she could stop it.

[Nocturne] TJ giggled a bit at Scott and Angles interaction

[Angel_II] She still had never seen his power in action, and she was super curious about it.

[Summers] Scott burst out laughing. "No, no. Megan probably made more sunglasses for me, with the lenses made from some thinly carved stone, or gem."

[Japheth] Japh stops channel flipping when he saw City of Angels playing.

[Nocturne] "Aww, I like this movie!!!"

[Remy] Remy sighed in protest. "Its a girly movie."

[Japheth] "Yes, but the girly dies in the end."

[Nocturne] She turned to him. "But it's so sweet."

[Nocturne] "JAPH! Way to ruin it!"

[Angel_II] "Ah, I gotcha." She remembered the bird..... did she want to be there if they were playing with his powers? Hell, yeah!

[Japheth] "Wha..Come on, the thing like 10 years old, I would have thought he saw it by now?"

[Angel_II] "Yo, it's a good girly movie anyways!"

[Remy] "How does she die? Aliens come an' rip 'er 'ead off? Phsyco gun 'er down? Cause if not den its a girly movie."

[Nocturne] ((aww, remy doesnt see movies ))

[Summers] "Chick flick." muttered Scott.

[Remy] Remy chuckled looking over the edge of his glasses. "Not too many TV's where Remy's from."

ChrisS enters this room

[Angel_II] "And we chicks, right blue! So, chick flicks are good!"

MeganS enters this room

[ChrisS] Chris pokes his head around the door. The bald guy had said that Scott should be in here.

[Nocturne] "Ehh...yeah," TJ is not too fond of being called 'blue'

[Japheth] Japh turned the volume down when he saw guests.

[Nocturne] "Wings"

[MeganS] Megan is right behind him. "Scott!"

[ChrisS] He spots him sitting over on the sofa surrouded by...well...mutants he supposed.

[Angel_II] Angel notices a head looking around the corner. He kind of looked like Scott.

[Nocturne] TJ turns, seeing the others enter. She subconsciously wraps her tail around Remy's bicep.

[Summers] Scott stood up. "Megs! Chris, you're here! FINALLY!"

[Nocturne] Too late to sneak upstairs

[Angel_II] Angel looked at TJ... well, she was blue! And she did have wings. She grinned and stuck her tongue out at TJ.

[Remy] Remy thumbs his glasses up higher and squeezed her hand reassuringly.

[MeganS] Megan ran up and squeezed Scott. "Oh, my god, Scott, I've missed you!"

[Angel_II] Angel slicked her wings back, not wanting his family to react like hers had.

[ChrisS] "Man, am I glad to see you!" Chris stepped up behind him. "How are you doing?"

[Nocturne] TJ looks at remy. She kinda wishes it were as easy for her to just put on a pair of glasses...

[Summers] Scott hugged her back. "Megs!"

[ChrisS] Clapping his hand over his brothers shoulder he squeezed. "Man, mom and dad were so dissapointed that they couldn't make it. We had to promise to take lots of pictures."

[Summers] "Hi Chris. How're you? This is-"

[MeganS] "You must Angel!" Megan stuck her hand out towards Angel.

[MeganS] "I'm Megs. Duh. God, I sound like a complete idiot."

[Angel_II] Angel hid her jump a little. "Yeah, yo... I mean, yes, nice to meet you." She shook the hand offered and smiled.

wsg enters this room

[Nocturne] This was a fun little show though. Maybe they wouldnt even notice her.

[wsg] hi guys

[Summers] Scott squeezed Chris back. "I miss you guys."

[ChrisS] Chris grinned at the girl. He knew that it had been hard for Scott when he'd broken up, but from the looks of things, it had worked out well for him in the long run.

[wsg] oh, u guys ficing?

[wsg] er somthin?

[wsg] oh ok

[wsg] sry

wsg exits from this room

[Summers] "Chris, this is Angel, the girl I was telling you about." Chris gestured to where Angel sat.

[Angel_II] Angel smiled back and offered her hand, wings still slicked down. "Hey, Chris, right? Good to meet you."

[Remy] Remy sighed at the tension he could feel coming off of Talia in waves. It was hard having all these people come through here like it was a three ringed circus.

[ChrisS] "Yeah. Nice to meet you to." He shook her hand. "Um...and these must be some of your other friends then?"

[Nocturne] TJ put her head on Remy's shoulder. Well, so much for not being noticed...

[MeganS] "And who are the rest of your friends, Slim?" Megan smiled at each in turn, determined NOT to be shocked, after all, Scott had told them quite a bit.

[Summers] "Well, This is TJ, Remy, and Japh. Japh's my roomate." Scott pointed at each in turn.

[Japheth] Japh smiled and waved.

[Angel_II] Slim? She looked Scott up and down.

[Nocturne] She gave a little wave.

[ChrisS] Chris was having a hard time suppressing his excitement while introductions were made. He was SURE that this time it was going to work. "Hey...everyone." Boy...it was one thing to hear about these kids, but it was kind of wow to see them all.

[MeganS] "Hey there, guys." Holy shit, there was a girl with BLUE skin. I wonder if it's dyed or natural?

[Remy] Remy nodded at the young couple. They seemed to be a little bemused by TJ. Great.

[Summers] "Yeah, there's others but They're either doing homework sleeping, or um...whatever." He was not going to say drinking and smoking in front of his family.

[MeganS] "Well, it's a pleasure to meet you all, but I think chris is going to explode if he doesn't show you what we have for you Scott."

[ChrisS] Chris turned back to his brother, a huge grin on his face. "I think we've finally figured it out bro! I'm sure this time they'll work."

[Angel_II] Angel scooted to the edge of her seat. She wanted to see what Chris had.

[MeganS] "He just gets SO exicted about his rocks." Megan rolled her eyes at TJ, who seemed nervous.

[Summers] "Really? Are you sure? 'cause last time I blew up the shed."

[Summers] Scott raised an eyebrow in doubr.

[Summers] ((doubt))

[Angel_II] He blew up a shed? She remembered the bird, her wings slipping back up a little as she was distracted.

[ChrisS] "Ah that was just a miscalculation...I worked the last bugs out of it now." he looked around the posh intererior "But maybe we'd better go outside or somewhere..."

confizzle enters this room

confizzle exits from this room

[Angel_II] "You guys want to be alone, probably...." She tried to figure where to fly to get a good view outside.

[Remy] Remy raised his brows in interest. "Whatcha talkin about?"

[Summers] "Outside it is, then. Hey, no, don't go Angel. You guys want to watch?"

[Japheth] "I'm in! Can't wait to see things explode."

[ChrisS] "You guys can all come...just make sure you stand behind Scott, OK?"

[Angel_II] Well, that'd making snooping easier... "Yeah, yo, if you want me there, I'm there."

[MeganS] "Oh, it was so funny, I bust a gut. Well,t he glasses were vlasted to smithereens and when we looked, there was bits of shed floating all over. It had all our gear in it too."

[Nocturne] "Uhh....i think I'll skip...I have..homework"

[Angel_II] She slipped up from her seat and chanced to slip her hand in his.

[Remy] Remy sighed at her response. She was becoming even more reclusive around 'normals'. He hated to see her so upset about it.

[Summers] "Yeah, definately behind." Scott squeezed back, a dopey grin on his face.

[MeganS] "Aww, look they're so cute, Chris." Megan whispered.

[Nocturne] ((I have to go guys, sorry!))

[ChrisS] Chris smiled back and took her hand as well. "I just want to get these on Scott - it could make such a huge difference for him."

[Angel_II] ((See ya, Nacht!))

[Summers] ((ciao!))

[Nocturne] She looked to Remy. "I'm gonna go upstairs." Turning to the rest..uh, nice meeting you...bye"

[MeganS] "Don't I know it?" She gave a kiss to the tip of Chris' nose. "Lead the way, Scott."

[MeganS] "My pleasure, TJ."

[Angel_II] "Yo, later....TJ"

[Remy] Remy kissed her on the forehead and watched her leave.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Angel_II] Angel released Scott's hand as they headed outside, letting him talk to his brother. She was deadly curious about what was about to happen.

ChrisS enters this room

Summers enters this room

MeganS enters this room

[Remy] Remy slid in behind the rest of the group. He half wanted to leave to comfort TJ but his curiousity was up.

[Summers] ((I'm not - but every time I swallow it's pain))

[Angel_II] Blowing stuff up was an awesome power, way better than acid spit. But then, if it "worked" did that mean he'd be able to see? See her? Uh-oh.... that might not be good.

[Japheth] "Maybe we should aim Scott toward one of the statues, if the rocks don't work then at least we'll have a show."

[Angel_II] ((LOL))

[ChrisS] Chris looked around the large spacious yard. "This is perfect! Nice and open." he rummaged in his pocket coming up with a case that he carefully opened, revealing red glasses that curved outwards, obviously made to completely cup the eye area. They looked very futureistic.

[Summers] ((why is it showing summers int he rec room?))

[Japheth] ((ignore it))

[Remy] Remy laughed. "Dey don' like it when y'blow up the statues 'ere. Got in shit for dat the other day."

[Japheth] "But that's on purpose, this'll be 'accidental'."

[MeganS] "I made the frames, thank you, thank you," Megan mock bowed to everyone.

[Remy] "Y'ave a point dere." Remy eyed the statues. "So which one did y'want to go for den?"

[Angel_II] Angel tried to sneakily fluff her hair and adjust her crop shirt. If he was gonna see her.....

[ChrisS] "Megs do you want to help Scott with the tape and stuff?

[Summers] "Nah, I"m a big boy, now. I can take the tape and glasses off all by myself!"

[MeganS] "You're mean, Chris. You tell him, Scott!"

[ChrisS] He carefully lifted the almost goggle like glasses out of the case. He really hoped that this worked. Scott had been so crushed when he'd effectivly lost his sight.

[Angel_II] Awww, she'd never really thought about that he had to do that every day. She eyed the glasses in Chris's hands.

[Japheth] Japh grinned, then realized something and took two steps back to make sure he was out of Scotts view.

[Summers] He took off the dark sunglases and put them in a pocket, next he peeled off the tape. "No hopes up this time."

[Remy] Remy winced as he watched Scott peel off the tape. Didn't that hurt?

[MeganS] Megan dropped a kiss in Scott's cheek. "It'll be fine, sweetie. No worries, no hopes, just one more thing to try, ok?"

[MeganS] ((on))

[ChrisS] Chris grabbed his brothers hand, placing the glasses in them. He looked at what Scott was pointing towards and angled him a little so that he'd avoid the large oak if it didn't work. He was super confident though - this had to work.

[Summers] "Right. A little demonstration first?" Scott smiled mischieviously.

[Angel_II] Ooooooh, she perked up.

[Remy] He looked over at Japh. "So den - what does 'e do anyway?" he realized he never had really asked what Scott's powers were.

[MeganS] Megan looked up, shading her eyes from the sun. "Nothing up there, go for it."

Sephy enters this room

[Summers] Scott opened his eyes and let the beams arc into the sky.

[Japheth] Japh looked back at Remy, "Well now you know"

[Angel_II] "Whoooooa! Lookit that!" It was awesome... and scary.

[Remy] "Oh.." Remy nodded chuckling.

[Summers] He gently squeezed the glasses, fighting down the wild hope he'd be able to see again in some form or another.

[Remy] "So y're basically lazer boy den, neh?"

[ChrisS] "OK - now try the glasses." Chris was impatient - he'd been waiting so long to see if these would work.

[Summers] "Not lasers. Energy beams. No heat. The moment of truth, eh, Chris?"

[MeganS] Megan held her breath.

[Angel_II] Angel found herself holding her breath.

[Summers] Scott closed his eyes and slid the glasses on. For a moment he was terrified.

[Japheth] Japh sneezed.

[ChrisS] "Have you opened your eyes yet?" Chris couldn't see, as he was standing at Scotts shoulder, out of range.

[Summers] Scott slowly opened his eyes. Well...that was weird..."I can see."

[Japheth] "Seriously?"

[Angel_II] "You can see?!" He could see! She bounced a little, happy for him and let her wings buzz a bit, forgetting to hide herself.

[ChrisS] "YES!" Chris threw his arms around Scott, estatic. "I knew it would work! I just knew it! How does it feel?"

[MeganS] Megan stepped up slowly to Scott. "Really? Truly?"

[Summers] "Yes, no joke this time!" Scott hugged Chris back.

[ChrisS] Releasing Scott he scooped up Megan, whirling her around and around. "We did it Megs!"

[MeganS] "WOOHOO! ALLright!" Megan swept Scott up onto a bear hug.

[MeganS] "We did!" Megan kissed Chris, then lunged at Scott, kissing him too, and since everyone else was there, she gave them each a kiss on the cheek too.

[Remy] Remy watched the proceedings with some amusement. The goggles made Scott look like some character out of a comic book, but it was worth it to see he supposed.

[Summers] Scott turned around slowly. "You must be Angel." He said.

[Angel_II] She froze, realizing her could see HER. She tried her best smile. "Yeah, I'm Angel." She fidgited.

[ChrisS] Chris turned to face Angel too, blinking a bit as he noticed the wings.

[MeganS] "Oh my god, Chris, you're a genius!" Megan squeezed him tightly. "And you'r MY genius."

[Angel_II] She ruffled her wings a bit under the scrutiny.

[ChrisS] "Couldn't have done it without your support hun." he kissed her, heart still beating quickly in excitement "And we DID IT!"

[Summers] "Hi." Scott felt like an idiot. She didn't look like he'd pictured her, yet it was the same voice, and same perfume.

[MeganS] "Yes we did." Mergan sighed. A girl with blue skin and another with wings. And her little baby brother-in-law-to-be could see again. What a strange world we live in.

[Angel_II] She cocked her head. "Hey. Some cool red shades you got there."

[Summers] "Yeah? that's pretty much all I can see, is shades of red." He smiled at little, looking over to where Remy and Japh stood. "So, who's who?"

[Remy] "Remy" He waved a little, the wind pushing his coat out a bit and making him shiver.

[Japheth] Japh raise his hand, "Japh"

[Angel_II] His attention turned, she wanted to slink away. He was fixed now, and she's seen the way he'd looked at her.

[Summers] "Huh, go figure. No more walking around me in the nude, now, Japh!" Scott smiled.

[ChrisS] "So how do they feel?" Chris smiled at his brother.

[MeganS] "Shades of red? Is that the glasses or the beams?"

[MeganS] Megan asked at the same time.

[Angel_II] She snickered. Damn, too bad. Hot and funny too.

[Japheth] "Dang, I just got used to it."

[Remy] Remy watched Angel fidget a little. She seemed to be trying to slip away.

[Angel_II] ((LOL))

[Summers] "They feel, fine. A bit werid, but way better than the tape. My eyes don't hurt, and I don't feel the beams bouncing back or hitting ME, What are they made of?"

[Summers] ((ditto))

[Angel_II] She studied the sky, plotting her escape with a minumum of notice.

[Summers] "And yes, red, red red. Shades of light and shades of dark red.

[Remy] Remy slided up to her. "Y'ok petite?"

[Angel_II] "He can see now," she said to Remy, still letting it settle into her head. "He's not gonna want me around."

[Summers] Scott turned back to Angel. "Hey, no worries, ok? You're still my Angel, it's just, I guess I have to re-meet you again, you know? It' just weird."

[ChrisS] "The beams don't bounce...they are more absorbed and neutralized by the lenses."

[MeganS] "Scott, since this worked, I have another surprise for you."

[Angel_II] Crap, he had heard her. Did he have dog ears? What did you say to that?

[Remy] Remy smiled at her. "It's jus' goin' t' take 'im a minute. Its gotta be weird seein' anythin' after all dis time, neh? Just give 'im a moment petite." he whispered to her.

[Angel_II] "I guess," she whispered back. "I'm just .... used to a not-cool reaction, y'know?"

[Angel_II] ((Gotta call from the hospital, so I'm giving Angel an exit))

[Summers] ((ok))

[Summers] "Yeah. No problem. I'm sorry."

[MeganS] Megan burrowed into her purse muttering incoherently.

[Angel_II] "I just.... people, when they see me...." She sniffed, determined NOT to cry. She hadn't realized she'd gotten so attached to this place, and these people.... and Scott. "I gotta go," she wheezed. She slunk offinto the trees before taking off into the sky.

[Summers] "I'll catch up with you later? I'll just hang with chris and Megs for a bit."

Angel_II exits from this room

[Remy] "Yeah, know what y'mean petite." He watched her take off.

[Remy] He crossed his arms facing Scott. Well...at least he hadn't freaked completely out...but what was it with guys and this place?

[ChrisS] Chris watched the pretty girl take off and fly. Wow. He hadn't realized that they were actually functional.

[Summers] ((sorry crotchety old neighbor needed assistance))

[ChrisS] "Mom and Dad are going to flip when they hear that this actually worked!"

[MeganS] "Damn...hangliding doesn't compare to that!" Megan said, jaw dropping.

[Japheth] "Y'know this is the first time I saw her fly. She looks really nimble."

[Summers] "She is." Scott said.

[Remy] Remy chucked at that. "Really? An' just how nimble is she den?"

[MeganS] "Aha! Found it!" Megan pulled out a pair of swimming goggled made up with the red quartz instead of see-through plastic.

[Summers] "Well, she flies well. Strong, too. Carried me tot he patio from the grounds out there."

[Japheth] "I would not have mind to see what would have happened if he didn't have those goggles"

[ChrisS] "You actually flew with her? Jeez - that must have been a rush." Chris turned back to his brother. "You should try it now again that you can see."

[MeganS] "Here you are, Scott, goggles to swim and shower in." Megan presented them to Scott. "Boys are so impractical when it comes to details. You can't wear sunglasses to bed!"

[Remy] Remy grinned at Japheth. "What y'wanna watch shit bein' blown up?"

[Summers] "Yeah, I think I will, if she'll let, me, I think Iupset her, but it was such a shock."

[Remy] Remy caught her last comment. "Oh oui, y'can. But suppose dat if dey got knocked off Scotty den dere would be 'ell t' pay, neh?"

[Japheth] Jah smile at Remy, "Just a couple minutes ago you preferred to watch shit being blown up on tv. I prefer it in real life"

[Summers] Scott looked over at Japh, as you command, master!" Scott looked for an approriately placed staute. seeing one, he took off his new shades and blew it to shrapnel.

[Summers] ((brb neighbor BACK and PISSED))

[Japheth] "Wich reminds me, Scott, now that you can see, I believe you can get remote previliges for at least 2 weeks, maybe 3."

[Remy] Remy laughed. "Who said dat Remy prefered watchin' it on TV? Doin' its d'best thing."

[Japheth] "Ooh, pretty bang."

[ChrisS] Chris watched his brother flip the shades up and down. "You know, now that we know that it works, there has to be an easier way for you to release your beams than that." he smiled over to Megan. "Guess we have more work cut out for us, hey honey?"

[MeganS] "Yep. Let's go see professor Xavier and let him be with his friends for a bit."

[Japheth] "I guess we got two choices now, get rid of the evidence," Japh thumbed at the statue, "or let Scott get in trouble for destruction of school property."

[Remy] Remy shook his head at the rubble of the statue. "Think dat de proffessors gonna regret invitin' us all 'ere...we're rather 'ard on all 'is stuff."

[MeganS] "Hey, Slim, you look great. We're going to talk to the professor and get back to you later."

[Remy] His head jerked up at Japheths suggestion. "So den, y'want to blow d'rest up?"

[MeganS] Megan gave a squeeze to Scott and kissed him. "We'll be back."

[Summers] Scott hugged her tightly. "Thanks, Megs."

[Summers] ((shit gotta go move my car before the neighbor pops a blood vessel))

[ChrisS] Chris wrapped Scott in a quick hug. "I'm so glad that it all worked out. It will be just like old times soon, you'll see."

[Summers] "It will, I love you, Chris. you're the best."

[MeganS] "Bye!" Megan grabbed Chris's hand and dragged him back inside the house.

ChrisS exits from this room

MeganS exits from this room

[Japheth] "Hey, I can't blow anything up. Besides, I think it'll get the teacher's attention, all the explotions. I was thinking of letting my twins clean up this mess, maybe make it look like there never was a statue."

[Summers] "Bye! Scott waved as they disappeared back in. "I'm going to go to the pool, I have to think." Scott smiled at them and walked off in the direction of the pool, holding the goggles in one hand. Now let's see if I can get there by sight...

[Remy] Remy wandered over to the remains of the statue, selecting one fist sized peice and one smaller one. Handing the larger chunk to Japh he nodded. "Y're right...its noisy. But 'ow about jus' one for target practice?" he shook his head "Can' believe d' stuff y'eat 'omme."

[Remy] "See y'Scotty!" remy waved, looking around to make sure no one else was watching. "Alright, y'ready?"

[Japheth] "The fibre is good for the system" Japh joked.

[Japheth] Japh let the two slugs out and dropped them at the statue's feet, "Okay boys, you know what to do, not a pebble left."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.