6/21 Instance: Doug's Surrealistical Dream Date

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Raven] Raven was sitting on the bed, papers spread out in front of her, headphones on, doing homework for Miss Munroe's class.

Summers enters this room

[Cypher] Doug gulped and raised his hand up to the door again, nearly getting up the courage to actually knock this time...

TJSpying enters this room

[Raven] She was still as she had promised TJ, leaving herself Au Naturale. Blue skin, yellow eyes, red hair done up in funny pig tails with real hairbands.

[Raven] It was nice getting to use all her real clothes again. Just when she'd finally gotten used to shifting them and not feeling naked.

[Cypher] He sighed and let his hand drop, then a moment of resolution overtakes him and - before he can stop himself - he knocks on the door three times.

[Raven] Raven tilted her head. Was that someone knocking?

[Cypher] No answer ... okay, that's why he'd written a note, right?

[Cypher] He cracked open the door, note in hand to quickly drop on her bed or desk and get out...

[Raven] Nah. She turned her attention back to the papers in front of her.

[Raven] Why were they even having an ethics class?

[Cypher] ...then noticed she was sitting on her bed and froze, unable to move closer or leave.

[Raven] Weren't they ethical.... already? Raven stopped. She'd been kicking her legs to the music and now she stopped staring at the doorway.

[Cypher] "Uh... hey."

[Raven] Raven slowly slid her headphones off.

[Raven] "Hey."

[Cypher] "Can I ... can I come in?"

[Raven] Raven shrugged. "I guess. If you want." She shifted over on the bed.

[Raven] Her features remained neutral, impossible to read.

[Cypher] He slipped inside and slowly closed the door behind him, and only then noticed the note still in his hand. "So..."

[Raven] Raven began packing up her papers. Piling them into a perfect stack, staring down at them as she arranged each one.

[Cypher] He clasped his hands behind his back. "Have you heard about the Halloween party...?"

[Raven] "Who hasn't." Raven said. She was still looking at her pages as she stacked them.

[Cypher] "I don't suppose .. you're going with anyone?"

[Raven] All the papers had been picked up and Raven was sitting with her knees tucked under her.

[Raven] "Going with anyone," she repeated. "Who would want to go with me?"

[Cypher] "I dunno... Jamie's been asking everyone, and there's ... I don't know." This wasn't going so well...

[Raven] Raven laughed deeply.

[Raven] "Are you sure that it's just not Jamie's dupes gone out of control? You know how they are. The whole party could just be a bunch of them."

[Raven] "You're the only mutant who has control, right?"

[Cypher] "Y-No. I mean, everyone's got some sort of control, some better than others. You're pretty good at control, right?"

[Cypher] This wasn't working at all...

[Cypher] "I mean, that's not the point. I was wanting to know ... would you like to go to the Halloween dance?"

[Raven] "If I were to go," Raven rose up, getting down from the bed and gesturing for Doug to sit, "who should I go as? I mean, I already know you don't want me to go like this."

[Raven] As Raven stood up she shifted from her natural form to her "goth" avatar, shifting out of her physical clothing and putting new ones in their place as she did.

[Raven] "I know you like me this way," she said with a wink, reaching her hand out towards Doug's chin as if to caress it.

[Cypher] Oh, did he... Doug sat down next to her, no real choice involved ... "You should go as whatever you want ... but I certainly wouldn't uh, complain if you went like ... like this."

[Raven] "No, I know you wouldn't" Raven said, she let her fingernail trace the curve of Doug's chin.

[Raven] "But it is Halloween after all and I do think some creativity is expected. So, let's try again."

[Raven] Raven moved away, keeping the look of her Gothic avatar but changing so that she was now dressed in a corset and thigh high black boots of patent leather. She snapped one of her full length opera gloves. "How's this? A little more appropriate, don't you think?"

[Cypher] He could still feel her touch on his skin ... but that wasn't what was sending delightful but frightening shivers up his spine.

[Cypher] "A ... a little." He adjusted himself to a less ... awkward position on the bed.

[Cypher] "Merde..." he could hardly force a whisper past his dry throat.

[Raven] "A little? Well, I can do that too!" Raven grinned wickedly.

[Raven] An in an instant she was standing before him as a dwarf, still dressed the same.

[Raven] She barely registered Doug's reaction before she changed costumes to one of that of the Munchkins from the Wizard of Oz.

[Raven] She made a quick shuffling through the rest of the main characters.

[Raven] The Cowardly Lion.

[Raven] The Scarecrow.

[Raven] The Tin Man.

[Raven] And finally Dorothy.

[Raven] "Well?" Raven asked, "I mean why just stick with one thing. My 'mutation'" she said it as though it were a disgusting thing, "allows me to be so many things."

[Cypher] He ... wasn't quite sure what to say. Or think. Or do.

[Cypher] "That ... that works too. I mean, you have to be yourself, right?" He wondered if this was a good idea after all ... who knew so many things could go wrong so fast?

[Cypher] He gulped again. "Right?"

[Raven] Raven-Dorothy turned away from Doug. "Be myself? But you saw me and you didn't like it," she said.

[Raven] She turned back, looking serious. "But, I think I have just the solution." Raven came and knelt beside Doug, taking one of his hands in hers.

[Raven] "We're going to wish it away. But I need you to help me. Only you can help me!"

[Raven] Raven stepped back and gestured at the ruby slippers on her feet. "I've had the power all along," She said. "I just didn't know it. Will you help me?"

[Cypher] He held her hand in his, never realizing he could miss a touch like this ... "I'll do whatever you need, Raven."

[Cypher] It would not be some time until he would realize what he said was true.

[Raven] "Okay."

[Raven] Raven took a deep breath. "Say it with me, 'I wish I were normal'." Say it with me." She began repeating it.

[Raven] "I wish I were normal."

[Cypher] "I..." This is what he ... she wanted, right? "I wish I were normal."

Summers exits from this room

[Raven] As Doug continued to chant the words she spoke in a hushed whisper. "I clack my heels three times. I wish I were normal."

[Cypher] "I wish I were normal." Right?

[Raven] Clack.

[Raven] Clack...

[Raven] Clack..

[Cypher] What...

[Cypher] What was going on? He looked down at his hands and saw the blue slipping from her fingers to his, racing up his arms and all over him ... and Raven was ... just the way he'd first seen her. Pale skin, black hair, like something out of a painting.

[Cypher] He jumped back off the bed and fell on his back. "Wha... what's happening?!"

[Raven] Raven stared at her hands and then down at Doug. She began to back away.

[Raven] "You... You... You..." But it wasn't coming out in English.

[Raven] "You Freak!" Raven cried in a tongue that was not her own.

[Raven] "How could you? You freak, what have you done to me?"

[Raven] "What have you done to me?" Raven cried in yet a different language as she ran from the room.

[Raven] She was still yelling as she staggered down the hallway. "What have you done to me?"

[Cypher] He couldn't understand a word of it, but somehow he got the gist. "I don't know..." he sobbed and curled into a ball on the floor. "I thought it's what you wanted..."

[Cypher] He lay there for some time, miserable and blue, until he cried himself to sleep ...

[Cypher] ...and came to with a start standing outside Raven's door. "Jesus..." He'd have to have a talk with his overactive imagination later.

[Cypher] "Might as well get this over with." He knocked three times - loudly - on Raven's door.

[Cypher] No answer. Again. He knocked again ... Shave and a haircut ...

[Raven] Raven opened the door to the room she shared with TJ. She had had her headphones on, she'd almost missed it. The song she had been listening to now blared tinnily from the headphones' resting spots on her shoulders.

[Raven] "Hey, Doug, what's up?"

[Cypher] "Hey, Raven. I'd like to take you to the Halloween Dance, if that's okay?"

[Raven] Raven was silent for a moment, her face impassive. Then a slow smile spread across her lips.

[Raven] "Yeah, I'd like that." she said. "What should we go as?"

[Cypher] He smiled. "Whatever we want."

[Raven] ((And they lived happily ever after...))

[Cypher] ((...perhaps!))

[Cypher] ((already time to get changed again, isn't it?))
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Ooh, I loved the twist there; very, very creative!
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Okay, THAT was cool! You go, guys!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Awesome!!! That was such a cool twist, I didn't expect it at all! Kudos you guys!!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ack - I just realized I forgot to write it here, gush as I may have in chat. OMG I loved this so much guys...it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I LOVED it.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

I love the idea that all that went on in Doug's head between arriving at Raven's door and knocking.

Yay for Idsunki!

-e