7/4 Instance: Meet the family: The Salvatores

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

7/4 Instance: Meet the family: The Salvatores

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Summers] Scott wandered across the lawns, looking for somewhere to sit in peace and quiet.

[Summers] There was always a dupe in SOME room, and everyone else was scattered, even the library wasn't empty. Scott'd found Fr. Wagner perusing the higher shelves. He looked around and spotted the top of the greenhouse. Knowing Professor Munroe was eating breakfast, he slipped inside.

[Summers] he inhaled the fresh scents, and enjoyed the warmth, taking a seat in a little chair in a leafy nook, he closed his eyes and let his thoughts wander.

[Angel_II] Angel had been surprised by the telepathic summons from the professor. She stood on the front steps, bouncing on her heels a bit. Uncle Alex was coming!

[Angel_II] She watched his small silver Chevy wind its way up the drive. She knew he couldn’t wait to get discovered, to be able to afford a better car -- to have something Italian again. Practically leaping from the car, he met her halfway to the door.

[Allesand] Tall, dark and handsome, Alex grinned and spread his arms wide. “Bambina! Come siete?”

[Angel_II] “Fine, zio, I’m cool!” She stood on tiptoe and returned his hug. “What are you doin’ here, man?”

[Allesand] He held her at arm-length, studying her. Was she thinner? “What? I can’t visit my favorite niece?”

[Angel_II] She gave him a look, taking his hand. She smirked and raised her eyebrows at him, rubbing her arm with her free hand. Man, was it cold!

[Allesand] He laughed. “Okay, okay... I couldn’t get you on that cell phone. I worried. So shoot me.”

[Angel_II] “Oh, uh, yeah.... I ain’t got that anymore, zio.” She tugged on his hand, not ready explain why she no longer had it. “Yo, let’s take a walk?”

[Allesand] He allowed her to drag him along. “You sounded so upset last week, Angelina.....”

[Angel_II] Angel sighed and kept walking, her breath puffing in the cold. Where could she take him? Not inside. Fuck, no, not into Drama Central. Her feet unconsciously took her toward the gardens. “No, zio, I’m fine now. Honest.”

[Angel_II] She stopped short when she caught sight of the dormant rose garden. She hadn’t been there since.....no.

[Allesand] Alex almost ran into her when she stopped. “Oh, yes, I see how very fine you are,” he said, sliding his arm around her shoulders. She was shivering! It was cold as hell up here in the open.

[Summers] Scott looked up, suddenly, looking around as if his unhappy thoughts had summoned Xavier to come look for him, or send someone to find him. He spied Angel through a break in the flora, standing outside with...someone. A new guy. Holding her protectively. He blinked as jealousy reared its head.

[Summers] Please don't come in here, I'm not ready to face that. It was bad enough for her to flirt with Lizzie's brother.

[Allesand] There was a greenhouse just past the garden, and he steered her gently toward it, opening the door to allow her inside the warm structure.

[Angel_II] She looked around. Wicked, the greenhouse still had live plants. She smiled faintly, her eyes trailing over the blooms. The smile faded when she saw the roses. Pink roses.

[Allesand] Alex watched her carefully. “Angelina, what’s wrong?” He pulled her into another hug, setting his chin atop her head and stroking her hair.

[Allesand] “Il vostro gallo fuck up again?”

[Angel_II] “No, yeah....we’re not together...it’s complicated.” She looked up at him and widened her eyes, begging him not to ask any more questions.

[Allesand] “Hummph! It’s always complicated, bambina.”

[Summers] Scott shrank back into the dark leaves. Who was this guy she was telling what a bastard he was?

[Angel_II] “Yeah, well everything here is more complicated.” She settled into the hug. “I don’t wanna talk about it.”

[Allesand] "Capito. Understood." He scanned the interior of the greenhouse. Nice. Everything here looked nice. "You happy here?"

[Summers] Scott held his breath, but the guy's eyes slid right by him. He's obviously family, he thought. Maybe I can sneak out of here without being caught. Scott stealthily eased off the chair and crept towards the back door.

[Allesand] Alex caught a flash of movement from the corner of his eye. “Someone is in here,” he whispered to Angel.

[Angel_II] Angel’s head jerked around. “What?” Through the leaves, she saw a figure with dark hair, dark shades, but not moving as fast as he had a week ago. Oh, fuck.... he had heard all that? She pulled away from Alex. “Scott? Scott!”

[Summers] Scott stopped dead. Oh, fucking hell. He stood up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to intrude." Scott said, edging for the door as unobtrusively as he could.

[Allesand] "Scott? This is Scott, Angelina?" He looked the younger man up and down.

[Angel_II] She was pissed. He was spying on her now? Uurrragggg! "What the hell you doing in here? How?" She thought for a second and looked at the one door. "Oh, you was here first.... heh...."

[Angel_II] She looked at Alex. "Yeah, this is Scott." She gave him another look. It clearly said to play nice.

[Allesand] Alex sniffed a bit and took a step forward, cutting off Scott's escape route. He showed the rooster his teeth. "I'm Alex. Angelina's uncle."

[Summers] Scott fell back a step. "Hello. Pleasure to meet you." He said automatically.

[Allesand] "Si, pleasure indeed, gallito." He slipped his arm back around Angel's shoulders. "We were just catching up, why don't you join us?" He did the smile again.

[Angel_II] Angel looked at Alex and rolled her eyes. She elbowed him. She felt guilty enough about the Jamie incident without Alex going all family on Scott.

[Summers] "No, thank you. I'm sure you two want to catch up." Scott saw the not-smile baring of teeth, like a hungry wolf who sees its prey.

[Allesand] Alex looked down on Angel and sighed inwardly. Okay, okay.... only for you, he thought. But he wasn't letting Scott off Scot free. He genuinely smiled at that. He'd have to remember it.

[Angel_II] Angel looked at Scott, if anything, he looked worse than he had after the Jamie Incident. She didn’t want to talk to him yet, her own emotions were still mixed. But she had been wrong yesterday. She pulled away from Alex and patted him on the arm. “Gimme second, okay?”

[Angel_II] She approached Scott.

[Summers] He almost took another step back, but caught himself in time. "Hi Angel." She looked so confused, and if she were willing to talk, maybe he should listen. He ignored the little voice in the back of his head that told him to turn tail and flee.

[Angel_II] She left Alex to inspect the flowers and took Scott’s hand, urging him to the back of the greenhouse. “Hey, you.” She tossed her head toward Alex. “Sorry about that...”

[Summers] Scott shurgged. "It's nothing more than I deserve. It must be nice to see family, huh?"

[Angel_II] "Yeah, I just wish...." She trailed off. Huh? "Naw, I don't know that you deserved it."

[Summers] Scott wriggled his hand out of hers. "Yes, I do. I'm a first-class bastard, and please don't tell me otherwise. I fucked up, and now I have to reap what I sow." Scott said softly, looking at his feet.

[Angel_II] She crossed her arms over her chest and regarded him. What the hell did you say to something like that.

[Angel_II] "Um, okay...."

[Summers] "Fuck, that came out wrong, but it's the truth." Scott nodded in the direction of Alessandro, "So, that's the mob uncle looking out for his niece, huh?"

[Angel_II] She frowned at him but let the first comment slide.

[Angel_II] "Oh, Alex?!" She giggled and noticed him watching them out of the corner of his eye. She gave him a little wave. "He's an actor, yo, he ain't mafia." she said.

[Allesand] Alex noticed the boy nod in his direction and narrowed his eyes.Was she okay? Angel waved at him with her cute goofy grin. He returned the little wave, wishing he could hear what they were saying.

[Summers] "An actor?" he asked stupidly. "That's cool. He seems to be a good uncle. You going to stay with him over Christmas?"

[Angel_II] She brightened. "He's trying stage acting in New York, yo. He IS a good uncle. I might visit him, but I might stay with Lizzie, y'know. I haven't decided."

[Angel_II] "You going home for Christmas?"

[Summers] "Yeah. Big family gathering." Scott sighed. I'm not looking forward to it. At least it won't be long for me.

[Allesand] "Angelina," he called. "I have to go back to the city soon, bambina."

[Angel_II] "Okay, zio!" she replied and looked back at Scott. "I gotta go. Um, see you later?" She tried a smile at him.

[Summers] "Probably." Scott gave a half-hearted grin. I'm going to miss her. She's the nicest girl I've ever met. "Good bye, Angel." He said, and slipped past her and out the back door of the green house.

[Angel_II] She watched him leave, wondering over his pained half-smile. Weird.

[Angel_II] She shook herself and rejoined Alex. "You going to buy me dinner before you go?"

[Allesand] "We'll see what we can do, yeah?" he grinned. "Now, you must tell me where that phone went." He opened the greenhouse door for her and draped an arm around her as they headed for his car.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.