7/16 Instance: Studying

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

7/16 Instance: Studying

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Angel_II] Angel sat at one of the tables, a pile of open lit books around her. She reads notes and mutters to herself.

[remy] Remy pushed a hand through his tousled hair, trying to make sense of the text in front of him, as he scribbled on the paper beside him.

[Wanda] Wanda leaned back in one of the comfy armchairs close by t he table where Angel and Remy were working - reading a heavy text.

[remy] "Merde." Remy tossed the pen down and leaned back stretching for a minute. He'd been doing this for hours - trying to catch up on overdue assignments. "Why d' 'ell do we 'ave to know how plants 'ave sex anyway? How is dat supposed t' 'elp us?"

[Angel_II] Angel looked up from the works of Shakespeare. "Yo, no doubt, I have up on the plants."

[remy] "Though, 'ave t' say dat 'stamen' sounds pretty naughty, plant or non..." He grinned at the girls hoping to distract them a bit. Studing was boooooring.

[Angel_II] ((gave))

[Angel_II] Angel snickered.

[Wanda] Wanda looked up at Remy's outburst and shrugged - she rolled her eyes at his next comment.

[Wanda] Adjusting her position so that she was more comfortably sprawled over the arms of the chair, she said, "How does any of it help?"

[Wanda] "I just skim all the botany stuff, and concentrate on what I'm interested in." She indictated her book and shrugged again.

[remy] "Good point petite." he lifted the pen up again and started idly fiddling with it. "Never 'ad much use for book learnin' before."

[remy] "Though d' stuff dat Cal's been teachin' us is pretty good..." He grimaced. "even if 'e is a prick."

[Wanda] Letting her book settle into her lap, Wanda leaned her head back against the wing of the chair and lazily regarded Angel and Remy.

[Angel_II] Angel set her big book down with a plop. "I ain't studied this hard for years, man."

[Wanda] Wanda made a face at the Cal comment, "That has to be my least favorite class." she said, "I'm glad I was able to get out of so many of them."

[Angel_II] She shrugged. "The danger room's cool, but I like the book stuff too."

[remy] "Remy ain't studied...ever." He grinned. "All d' stuff Remy learned was pretty much at 'is own pace, and 'e learned it on 'is own. Never 'ad people tellin' me what Remy should know."

[remy] "An' certainly wasn't shit like dis." he waved a hand at his text.

[Wanda] Wanda smiled, "I never really had to study either - my parents were selective about what they thought I needed to know. It's good to have the opportunity to make up for that now though."

[remy] "Oh oui? What did dey teach y'?"

[Wanda] Wanda shrugged again, "A little bit of everything really, it was more what they didn't teach."

[Wanda] "Like maths, and other basic stuff I'm having to make up now."

[Wanda] "You have to admit though, being able to study here for the next few years, it's really going to open up possibilites for us."

[Angel_II] Ange shrugged. "I kinda had all this in high school, but this time around it's more important to learn it."

[Wanda] Wanda nodded, "I was so thrilled when I first got the invite from Xavier, I thought it was going to be years before I'd finally get to go, and that the only universities I'd get into were in the states."

[Wanda] "I'm still disappointed this isn't a real university, but, beggers can't be choosers."

[remy] "So...what d' y' two think dat y'll be doin' once we're done with dis school anyway?"

[Angel_II] "I dunno," she thought back to that night with Father Wagner.

[Wanda] Wanda picked up a strand of dark, curly hair from her shoulder and played with it

[Wanda] "I've been thinking about that a lot," she said, "And Dr. Munroe's helped me come up with some good plans."

[Wanda] "What about you, Remy? Where do you want to go?"

[Wanda] Considering how many classes the guy had skipped, and his general attitude about schoolwork, Wanda had been wondering why some of the students had opted to stick around.

[remy] "Don't know." He shrugged. "Suppose back t' N'awleans...only its different now, neh? With TJ an' all."

[remy] He frowned and doodled on the page infront of him. "Dere isn't really any spot right now dat Remy can think of dat we can just go...an' be together - other dan 'ere."

[remy] "Guess we 'ave another three an' half years t' figure dat all out though. We'll find somethin'."

[Wanda] "Yeah," Wanda smiled quietly, "There's time to figure all that out. Though it's great that you and TJ are planning things out together."

[Angel_II] Angel stared back into her book. Hamlet. She sucked at her teeth and looked back up. "I think I'll stay here, after we're done. Maybe see if I can help the school." She shrugged, uncomfortable she'd said so much.

[remy] Remy chuckled. "Well less plannin' an' more just goin' where life takes us. We're just 'appy together. Dat's all dat matters." Remy's head jerked up in suprise at Angel's words.

[remy] "Stay 'ere? Really?"

[Wanda] Wanda blinked at Angel, interested. "Really? I hadn't really thought about that."

[Angel_II] She fidgited. "Yeah, I'm thinkin about it."

[remy] "But - dey ain't really bein' all dat upfront with us petite...d' y' trust dem?"

[Angel_II] "I think so. I think I trust Father Wagner, anyways..." She started doodling too. "I dunno."

[Wanda] Wanda nodded, "I was so upset when I first came here, and they have kept so much from us."

[Wanda] "But yeah, I have to agree with Angel, Mr. Wagner seems okay and Dr. Munroe's been helping me so much."

[Wanda] "But the rest of it... I think I'm going to finish up here as quickly as I can, and get as much out of it as possible."

[Wanda] "I don't think I'd want to stay."

[remy] "Remy don't know. Dis is all - still kinda suspicious. An' Wagner'd kick 'is own daughter out 'less she did exactly as 'e wanted?" he snorted "Don't trust dem, dat's all."

[Angel_II] Angel shrugged again. "He's a priest, and I kinda trust them, always have."

[Wanda] "What?" Wanda said surprised, "He wouldn't do that!"

[Wanda] "I trust him despite him being a priest." Wanda said, looking down at her hands.

[Wanda] "He really shouldn't have kept that a secret. But, I am glad that he's being more forthcoming lately."

[remy] Remy looked at Wanda. "Oui, 'e would. Threatened t' do it right in front of Remy an' Angel too." he grimaced "An...Scotty as well."

[remy] "People always want somethin' is all...nothin' is ever free. Would rather dat dey just come out with what dey want from us."

[Wanda] Wanda breathed out a short explosion of air, "But, why would he say that? This whole school has been bending over backwards to keep students here."

[Angel_II] "Yeah, but I bet he says it more to scare her than anything else, because he is her dad and all. Scared straight, and all that."

[Wanda] "I mean - didn't Dr. Munroe have a strict no skip policy? But she gave up on that fairly quickly."

[Wanda] "And he isn't her dad, and even if he was, I don't think he should be scaring her like that."

[remy] Remy chuckled. "Well...been managin' despite not makin' most of d' classes. Remy just learns better on 'is own sometimes."

[Wanda] "And I was feeling so much better about this place, too." Wanda sat up straighter and rested her chin in her hand.

[remy] "Well...now dat's d' think, neh? TJ may not look at 'im like Wagners 'er dad...but like it or non, doubt dat Wagner can 'elp but feel a bit like 'er pere, neh?"

[Wanda] "I mean, I really like some of the professors, and I like to think that they are here to help us, but so much is still so suspicious."

[Angel_II] "Yeah, there's still stuff I don't trust all the way, but...." she set her pen down. "It ain't like I got any better options either."

[remy] Remy nodded at Angel. "Non, dere aren't. Dat's part of what's so scary."

Talia enters this room

[Wanda] Wanda shook her head, "Well, I don't feel he has any parental rights over her. I can't imagine how I'd feel if my birth parents ever showed up." Wanda shook her head.

[Wanda] "We're all pretty trapped here, for whatever reason."

[remy] Remy snorted. "Oui. Like a bunch of lab rats." he raised his eyebrow at Angel. "After all we're d' 'first', neh?"

[Wanda] "I spent so many hours on the phone trying to convince Django and Marya that this school was actually a decent place, maybe I was wrong to do that."

[remy] "Django an' Marya?" Remy cocked his head it question. "Who are dey?"

[Wanda] Wanda sighed, thinking. "They still seemed so worried though... oh, my parents," Wanda said with a little laugh.

[Angel_II] Angel nodded at Remy. Well, they would make mistakes with the first......

[Wanda] "I tried to get a message to them when I first got here, telling them how scary I thought this place was."

[remy] "Y' call y're parents by dere names?"

[Wanda] "and then I changed my mind and called them back, but I don't think they were entirely convinced, they're planning on coming out here, eventually."

[Wanda] "I always did." Wanda shrugged at Remy, "It was normal to me."

[remy] Remy blinked. He would have been smacked into next Sunday if he'd pulled that...shitty parents or no.

[Angel_II] "I called my step dad by name," she said. No big deal.

[remy] "So den...why are y' stayin'? Y' sound like y' 'ave a nice 'ome an' all...why not just go back?"

[remy] ((lol - I know - but he's a southern boy. They are old fashioned about that stuff there))

[Wanda] Wanda laughed, "I'm 19! Why would I want to go back?"

[Angel_II] ((Yup, got that. ))

[Wanda] ((me too ))

[Wanda] "As much as I love Django and Marya I don't want to go back to traveling around with them."

[remy] "Well den...why not do somethin' else?" Remy leaned back in his chair. "Why not go t' some big fancy 'real' university or somethin'?"

[Wanda] "How would I afford that? My options were already limited, and I was working to do that when I got this 'to-good-to-be-true' scholarship thing here."

Talia exits from this room

[Wanda] "It was going to be a lot of work, making up courses I needed to get into university and pay for it all myself."

[Wanda] "It's just been seeming for awhile like being here now is my best option to get a 'real' education."

[remy] "Ah oui...everythin' does come back t' money eventually."

[Wanda] "And Dr. Munroe's already helped me find programs and sponser that can help me - coming here has opened up so many doors already."

[Wanda] "Yeah - but there are ways around the money thing - I'm looking into them."

[Wanda] "Sometimes I wish Marya and Django hadn't chosen to live so apart from the world, and didn't hate the idea of 'money' so much."

[Wanda] "But, everybody chooses to live how they want to, so I can't complain."

[Angel_II] Hate the idea of money. Whoa, that was a new one to Angel.

[remy] "Oh oui? Dat's good." He smiled at her. "Remy's got 'is own way around money problems too - but d' problem is more with tryin' t' 'ide."

[remy] "All d' money in d' world ain't gonna be able t' 'ide Talia."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded again. Yeah, that sucked for her.

[Wanda] "Django and Marya used to say that all we needed was each other - and we had very few material things - and we stayed mostly around like-minded people."

[Wanda] "There are whole communities that live apart, that wouldn't mind Talia being different. You just have to find them."

[Wanda] *TJ!

[remy] Remy head jerked up from his doodling in sudden interest. "Dere is? Where?"

[Wanda] "She didn't have too many problems growing up, did she?"

[Angel_II] "Maybe then, if they're tellin us the truth about this place, she wouldn't have to hide someday," she said softly.

[Wanda] "Well, everywhere." Wanda shrugged, "There's lots of them. Scattered all over."

[Wanda] "My parents were part of one in Europe, we'd camp around and run into the same people every few years, now that I know what mutants are, I'm sure some of them were. And at least in the campgrounds, they never had any trouble."

[remy] "Non...she didn't. But dat was because she lived on dis little tiny reserve..." He looked at Angel and shook his head. "Don't think so petite...dat's just a pipe dream."

[remy] "So...dese places - dey are small an' in d' country?"

[Wanda] Wanda looked over at Angel's soft words too, "It is what we're all supposed to be working for."

[Wanda] "But, like any other persecuted group, it will be a long time before that happens."

[Angel_II] "But it's a nice pipe dream," she shrugged yet again.

[Wanda] Remy seemed really interested. "Well, the ones I know of were more nomadic, or like people who were networked."

[Wanda] "I mean it wasn't a little town or reserve somewhere - but like safe places - safe people."

[remy] "No city's though?" He sighed. He loved the city - couldn't imagine not being around the hustle and bustle of it...but - what choice did they have.

[Wanda] "We stayed in cities like Paris sometimes, and Rome. At people's houses, and they knew how to get around."

[remy] "Oh oui?" Remy cocked his head at her. "But y' don't look different petite...'ow would dat work?"

[Wanda] "Wasn't New Orleans like that for you? You must have known people who you could trust..."

[Wanda] "Well, I don't that's true - but anyone's who's around me long enough learns to expect strange things to happen."

[remy] "Non." Remy shook his head. "Didn't trust anyone. 'ad some people dat knew Remy...but didn't trust anyone."

[Angel_II] Angel wasn't so sure she liked all this talk of sneaking around -- she had done that. Why should they have to? She went back to doodling in the margins of her book.

[remy] "Oui - but weird stuff is easier t' 'ide in a crowd of strangers dan blue skin an' a tail, neh?"

[Wanda] "There were lots of different people growing up, nothing like blue skin or tails, but people with scales or odd tints to their skin or other things like that."

[Wanda] "I wasn't brought up to think that any of that was wierd."

[remy] "hmm..." Remy ran a hand through his hair again. "Maybe dat would be a thing t' talk to TJ about den..."

[Angel_II] "Really?" She looked up at that. "You really saw people that that before you came here?"

[Wanda] "Planning for the future is good." Wanda said, "I was brought up to take things day by day."

[remy] Remy chuckled. "Dis is d' only time in Remy's life dat 'e hasn't just lived day to day. Talia's been changin' dis 'omme a lot."

[Wanda] Wanda nodded, "Well, yeah, and also people are different not because they are 'mutants'

[Angel_II] "I mean, at school there was some weird kids -- and they thought I was fakin, and in New York you can never tell..."

[Wanda] "You'd think wings would be hard to fake." Wanda said with a little smile.

[Angel_II] She smiled faintly and ruffled the wings. "You'd think."

[Wanda] "I got so good at hiding my 'abilities.'" Wanda said, "It might have been easier if I'd jsut looked different."

[remy] "Why would y' want dat?" remy grimaced. "Trust me petite...dese eyes 'aven't brought Remy no good."

[Wanda] "I have been wondering if it was a mistake coming here," she said looking down to where her hands were pressed flat to her book, "I had buried them sooo deep before I came here and started to use them again - or for the first time, intentionally anyway,"

[Angel_II] "Nah, I doubt it. All these mutation things suck in one way or the other."

[Wanda] "It's almost harder to control them now, and ompossible to turn them off."

[Wanda] "Well, I didn't really interact with poeple in the towns or city, just people that were part of this group."

[Wanda] "So, if I'd just looked different, they would have been okay with that. Or if I could do something more normal mutants do, like fire blasts or fly."

[remy] "Well...suppose dat is d' one thing dat y' can get 'ere...dat y' wouldn't get elsewhere, neh? 'elp with y're powers"

[Angel_II] "Harder to control?" She blinked. Man, her control of the acid, and definitely the flying where getting better.

[Wanda] "It's funny, I always thought that people who could do that were magic - but now I know."

[Wanda] "Well, it was just easier when I didn't use them at all."

[Wanda] "Since I've been letting what I do happen, it's just gotten worse."

[Wanda] "I'm trying to reteach myself not to use my hands at all, for what I want to do, mutant powers aren't going to help me."

Talia enters this room

[Wanda] *not to move my hands at all.

[Angel_II] Goa, that would suuuuck. Angel talked with her hands all the time. "Man.."

[Angel_II] ((Goa? God!))

[Wanda] "Which is tough because I like to talk with my hands," Wanda said as though she could read Angel's mind, though really, she couldn't.

[remy] "Well...'ave y' talked t' Xavier at all about it?"

[Angel_II] Angel smiled as Wanda's words echoed her thoughts.

[Wanda] "A little." Wanda said, "Well, not really about that. When he was helping me with the headaches my first roomate gave me we talked a little about what it had been like growing up and what i wanteed to get out of school."

[Wanda] *I wanted

Eany enters this room

[Eany] Eany crawls up an endtable, grabs the Time magazine in his mouth, pulls and falls of the small table, then gradually pulls it oout of the room.

[Wanda] ((yay!))

Eany exits from this room

[Wanda] Wanda watched, eyes wide as Eany made off it with the Time magazine - she had been wanting to read that!

[Angel_II] Angel stared. WTF! WTF?!

[Wanda] "I've talked to Dr. Munroe about it too. But, really, it's just me complaining that I have to deal with them again. And sometimes, I just don't want to.'

[Wanda] "There were times when I was living with Marya's sister in Italy that I thought they were gone for good, but then something would happen."

[Wanda] "It's just I'd rather learn not to use them at all than to control them, and Xavier didn't seem to interested in helping me with that."

[remy] "But don't y' want t' learn 'ow to use dem?"

[remy] "why not?"

[Angel_II] Scott snacks.... Angel shuddered and turned her attention back to Wanda. "Yeah, that Xavier.... him I don't trust."

[Wanda] "There are just things I'd rather do where my abilities would a problem. I'd just rather not have to deal with them. They haven't exactly been useful so far."

[Wanda] "And I'm not sure how I feel about Xavier and those training sessions with Cal, though he isn't so bad."

[remy] "Oh Remy wasn't meanin' Xavier -dat guy is creepy! But - if y' learned 'ow t' use dem, dey could be useful, neh?"

[Wanda] "Cal, I mean. You know, I did file a formal complaint over those uniforms, but I haven't heard back from him yet."

[Wanda] Wanda made a face, "They're rarely useful in any good way. I can make poeple fall down if they were chasing me, or unlock doors sometimes. But, mostly I just break and destroy things."

[Angel_II] "You did!?" She laughed. She kind of liked them...

[Wanda] Wanda shrugged, "It's more the principle of the thing. Uniforms. I'm not learning how to do battle or whatever. And I've managed to either get out of all the training sessions, or leave early, so far."

[remy] "Well...Remy's with y' on d' uniforms...but - it doesn't 'urt t' know 'ow t' keep y'reself safe, neh? Dere is a lot of people out dere dat don't like people who are different..."

[Wanda] "I remember that day in New York, but I just don't believe in fighting."

[Wanda] "Maybe Xavier should have screened out the pascifists before he sent out those letters."

[remy] "So y'd rather just let dem 'urt y? Maybe even kill y?" Remy clenched his jaw. "Remy's not going t' let dat 'appen to 'im or t' Talia."

[Angel_II] Angel nodded. She was all about defending herself.

[Wanda] Wanda sighed, "I've never really been in a situation where that was going to happen, except for that time in the bowling alley. It just seems there should be better ways."

[remy] "Well...it looks a little different petite when someones boot is in y're ribs."

[Wanda] "I'd just rather look at movements that have been successful in the past, like the American Civil Rights movement, and how India won Independence from colonial rule..."

[Wanda] Considering thoughtfully, Wanda sighed, "I wouldn't want to hurt anyone, even if they were attacking me. Though, I'm sure I wouldn't want to be hurt."

[Angel_II] Hrm, the Civil Rights movement was far from non-violent. She went back to Hamlet.

[remy] Remy snorted. "Well all dis still doesn't 'elp Remy understand dis shit any better." he tapped the pen back on his text again. "Its too bad dat Remy didn't 'ave d' power t' just aborb dis in 'is sleep or somethin'."

[Wanda] "That would be a useful power." Careful not to move her hands too much, Wanda picked up her book again and went back to reading.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.