7/23 Instance: Why Wagner is afraid of books

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Wagners Office

Elizabeth enters this room

[Fr.Wagner] Fr. Wagner was sitting at his desk working in the circle of light cast by his desk lamp.

[Fr.Wagner] He was finally making some headway with this stuff. Finally. It had taken him a while to put it together with all the myriad distractions he'd had lately both from the school and the local diocese.

[Fr.Wagner] It wasn't that he minded covering for the various priests vacationing before their busiest time of the year, not did he have a problem with teaching classes, but being the schools defacto disciplinarian was very tiring.

[Fr.Wagner] Still, it was looking like he'd actually have a finished report when he returned to Rome at the end of the semester.

[Elizabeth] There was a rattling from the window and the sound of scuffling from outside, then a clicking noise as the window swung open

[Elizabeth] Lizzie slung her bag in through the now open window and hopped in quickly after it, landing heavily on the floor. "Fuck...."

[Fr.Wagner] There was a strange sound just behind him, and Fr. Wagner swivelled in his seat. His window swung open and in came a bag.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt stood up, curious as to what was happeneing until he saw one of his students, Elizabeth, following the bag in.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sighed. "First Warren, now you.... Doesn't anyone around here bother with knocking anymore?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie sprang up to her feet. Her right cheek is grazed and there are fresh bruises around her neck just beginning to develop "Shit I'm sorry, I wasn't -" Lizzie picked up her bag and turned as if to go back out of the window again before she froze up.

[Elizabeth] She turned back to face Father Wager, a pained look on her face. "Wait, Warren? You've seen Warren? Is he okay?" Lizzie dropped her bag and dashed across the room, but tripped on a chair and fell on to the floor.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie pulls herself up into a sitting position and hides her face. "Sorry, Im sorry...."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt walked around his desk and knelt beside Lizzie, taking in the graze on her check that was seeping blood and the horrible dark bruises on her neck. Who would do such a thing?

[Fr.Wagner] "Elizabeth.... Warren is here. And he's all right." He nodded and then reached out to touch her on the shoulder.

[Fr.Wagner] "Don't be sorry. There's nothing to be sorry about. You're safe her. You'll be safe here."

[Fr.Wagner] He squeezed her shoulder a little tighter, but still gently. "Can you tell me what happened?" he asked.

[Elizabeth] "Don't touch me!" Lizzie screamed and violently flinched away from him, yanking herself out of his grasp.

[Elizabeth] A cup on the desk shattered, pieces of porceline flying in all directions.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt stepped back in surprise, flinching slightly as shards of proceline from his teacup flew past.

[Fr.Wagner] "Elizabeth, please..." But he didn't know what to say or do.

[Elizabeth] "Oh please WHAT?" Lizzie snapped, getting to her feet. "If I told you what happened, would you even listen? Care?"

[Elizabeth] There were tears running down her face now. "You have no IDEA of what happens in this place - what it's really like so don't give me the caring act!"

[Fr.Wagner] "Of course I would listen, Elizabeth." Kurt backed up a few steps, reaching out to feel around on top of his desk until he found his folded purple stole and put it on.

[Fr.Wagner] Carefully draping it around his shoulders he said, "This, this piece of fabric means that all I can do is listen, never repeat, or pass judgement. Just listen. It may not be important to you , but it is to me. "

[Fr.Wagner] "It means that what you tell me here, now, stays here. And it means that I can only answer you're questions with the absolute truth as I know it."

[Fr.Wagner] "So you see, Elizabeth, I do care. And I want to help you, if help is what you need right now."

[Elizabeth] "And you can't care or listen without a piece of material? WHta the fuck?" Lizzie put her hands to her forehead. Her head was bruning so, so badly and her neck hurt like hell.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie started to back against the wall. On the desk, a heavy object like a metal stapler started to wobble. Lizzie let go and it went flying across the room and gouged a hole in the wall before crashing to the floor.

[Elizabeth] "You just don't....You don't notice ANYTHING!"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt watched as his Vatican Seal flew across the room . He should have left it out like that. Then again, he wasn't expecting visitors at this hour.

[Fr.Wagner] "The material is a symbol, a gesture. Or course I can hear, and care about those I listen to just fine without it."

[Fr.Wagner] "But it's not important". Fr Wagner righted one of the tipped chairs so that two faced each other at a comfortable angle.

[Fr.Wagner] "What don't I notice, Elizabeth? You have to teach me?"

[Fr.Wagner] He sat down in one of the chairs and gestured to the other.

[Elizabeth] "I don't want to sit down," Lizzie muttered, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand, hissing in pain as she smudged her salty tears into the graze on her cheek.

[Elizabeth] "I don't even want to be in this fucking place...."

[Fr.Wagner] "Well then," Kurt said. With his tail, he gently tipped the chair back on its side.

[Fr.Wagner] "You don't want to be here, yet here it is at," he looked at his watch, "Here it is at 2:30am and here you are."

[Fr.Wagner] "I for one am happy to see you back. I've missed you in my classes."

[Fr.Wagner] He watched her wince as the tears fell into the deep graze on her cheek. Kurt when to the small sink in his office and dampened his hankerchief. He handed it to her.

[Fr.Wagner] "That might feel a little better" he said.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie glowers at him. "I find it a little hard to believe that you missed me."

[Elizabeth] "And I don't need that," she looked down at the hankerchief. "

[Elizabeth] She wiped her sleeve against her cheek and only suceeded in making it bleed worse. She swore under her breath and turned to face the wall so he wouldn't see that her tears had gotten worse.

[Elizabeth] "You want to know why I'm here? I don't have anywhere else left to go, that's why! Nowhere!"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was slightly at a loss for what to do. She didn't want to be touched, nor did she want his handkerchief... She didn't even want to actually talk to him.

[Fr.Wagner] Warily, Kurt circled around her. "Elizabeth, you always have somewhere to go. That place is here. We were very worried about you."

[Fr.Wagner] "Elizabeth, " he tried to look her in the eyes. "I'm very glad you're back."

[Elizabeth] A wooden picture ripped off the wall and went flying into the door.

[Elizabeth] "Worried? WORRIED?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie started pacing the room, her hands on her head. "Don't even GIVE me that! If you were worried, then WHY do you let us kill each other over and over in and out of classes? Let us dig into each other?"

[Elizabeth] "Yuo're doing a bang up fucking job if you wnat to kill us all off, but WORRIED?" Liize stopped pacing and screaming to get her breath back and looked at Wagner, her eyes blazing.

[Elizabeth] "You, Xavier, Annie, you don't have a CLUE what goes on right under your noses!"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt could feel the very room changing. He didn't have much experience with telekinetics, but he was sensitive to the way their power could change the shape and feel of a room; making it, among other things, dangerous for him to teleport in.

[Fr.Wagner] These were the kind things that Xavier had experience with, not him. But here he was.

[Fr.Wagner] "We try very hard Elizabeth," Kurt admitted. "But this is a complex world, and you are rigth there are times when we could do much better."

[Fr.Wagner] "But that doesn't mean we don't care about what happens to you."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt reached out his hand again, "Elizabeth, I know it hasn't bee easy for you here, but if someone has hurt you..."

[Elizabeth] "YOU HAVE NO IDEA!" Lizzie screamed and backed into the wall. "You don't know anything, noe of you do all you do is shove your ideals down our throats and what has it done for us? It's made it WORSE!"

[Elizabeth] "I've been hurt before I came here, I've been hurt while here, it's all the same!" Lizzie covered her face with her hands. "All we know is hurt so we spread it."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shook his head. "That's why we're here together. To learn together how to share the good things we have. And to that we can't allow the hurt to take us over. It's not an assignment. It's something I need to do for myself. And somthing you need to do, just like all the others."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt should his head. "Scott, Remy, TJ, Wanda and all the rest. All them them have experienced difficulties and hurts and all of them need this. They need to forgive, not to forget, but to forgive and then to share the good parts of themselves with each other. To be who they truly are,

[Fr.Wagner] Mutations and all."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie went slightly pale and shook her head. All of the books on the top shelf of the heavy book ase began to shake. "I thought you tecahers were out of it....but I had no fucking idea you were all so blind."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt took a few tentitive steps towards Lizzie.

[Fr.Wagner] "Elizabeth, please, calm down. We can make this right. I promise you. I promise you that I am definitely not blind and whatever you need to get through this, I will be there for you."

[Fr.Wagner] He was almost touching her know, but he knew better. "You don't have to go through this alone."

[Elizabeth] "I ALREADY HAVE!" Lizzie screamed loudly and flung her hands up over her head pressing herself against the wall

[Elizabeth] Without really knowing that she was doing it, Lizzie used her teke to lift Wagner clean off the ground.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was surprised to suddenly feel his feet lifted off the ground. The idea of students using their powers against him, he'd never thought of it before. "Elizabeth," he said, slightly breathlessly, but still trying to keep a note of authority in his voice, "Elizabeth, please put me down."

[Elizabeth] "Why should I listen to you?" Lizzie asked, tears stinging her face, but she didn't let go.

[Fr.Wagner] Father Wagner's eyes softened. He still wondered if he could somehow teleport out of this. But no, the best solution was not tricks, but simple reasoning.

[Fr.Wagner] "Because, Elizabeth, we're the people your parents entrusted to you. They asked us to care for you protect you... as though you were children of our own."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie stiffened, her eyes darkened and she curled her lip up. "My parent's wanted to get rid of me!" Wagner was yanked backwards as if by an invisble hand.

[Elizabeth] "They didn't want you to protect or care for me, they wanted me GONE! MY MOTHER CAME HERE AND FUCKING DISOWNED ME RIGHT IN THIS SCHOOL!"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shut his eyes. What was she doing. It was like being pulled and stretched by some invisible force. Under his breath he prayed. "Ave Maria, gratia pleni, domanis tecum..."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie took a step forward, her head was so.....what was she doing? All she knew was that no one understood her. "Care for me like a child of your own? Yep, because you are a wonderful daddy to TJ after all..." Lizzie spat darkly.

[Elizabeth] "YOu can just SHOVE IT!" Lizzie yelled and pushed him hard with all the force of her mind into the bookcase.

[Elizabeth] For a moment, he was pinned up against it, then it wobbled and tipped over, falling to the floor with Wagner under it....

[Fr.Wagner] For a moment, TJ flashed through Kurt's mind. How did she know? How was this happeneing?

[Fr.Wagner] Then there was the feeling of being pushed, pushed so hard and so fast that the force of it pushed all the air from his lungs so that when he hit the back of his bookshelf there was nothing left to cry out with.

[Fr.Wagner] And then there was the sickening feeling them falling forward with nothing he could do about it. The floor rushed up to greet him and the world went black.

[Elizabeth] The fuzziness left Lizzie as the case smashed into the floorboards.

[Elizabeth] She stared down at the mess...At her teacher lying unconsious under the heavy case.

[Elizabeth] "Oh my god....Oh god!" Lizzie gasped and looked around for her bag. She neded to get it. Someone would have heard.

[Elizabeth] She spooted it near the window and it flew into her hand. Grasping it to her, she fled out of the room.

[Edited on 24/7/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hallway

[Nocturne] Talia was on her way to the kitchen for some snacks after losing a rock,paper, scissors with Remy, the lazy bastard.

Elizabeth enters this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie dashed out of the door and to her horror, saw TJ and ducked into the next doorway along, hoping she wouldn't be spotted.

[Nocturne] She jumped as she thought she saw someone ducking around a corner

[Nocturne] Shaking her head, she deemed perhaps she was just WAY too high. As she turned the corner she noticed light coming from Wagners office. The door was open. She sighed. GREAT. Have to see HIM again.

[Nocturne] As she passed by the door she glanced in careful not to move her head. She stopped. What the hell had happened here??

[Nocturne] She steps into the office, over some books and other things.

Nocturne exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie saw TJ step in through the door, swore under her breath and started to make a run for it, hoping that TJ would not run out screaming.....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wagners Office

[Nocturne] "Um, hello?" Talia stepped over everything, looking over the office. Wait, there was a hand peeking out from under the bookself. She headed over.

[Nocturne] She kicked at the hand. "Wagner??"

[Nocturne] Bending over, it became obvious the whole of Wagner was UNDER the case. Oh shit, what if he was really hurt? What should she do? What if people thought she did it?

[Nocturne] Should she even care? Maybe she should just leave....but..if he was really that badly hurt..I mean, she didn't really want him to die.

[Nocturne] She pulled at the hand, and noticed a few books move. She moved them over and found his head. She tried shaking him to see if he'd rouse. "Hello?? Wake up!"

[Nocturne] Oh jeez, he wasn't getting up. She rushed over to the door to see if anyone was around. Maybe someone saw this happen? And knew she didn't do it? "Anyone there? I think Wagner's...hurt."
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Hallway

[Nocturne] She stepped into the hall. She was sure someone was here. "Hello?"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie skidded to a half in shock and looked over her shulder to see TJ.....

[Nocturne] Oh shit. Lizzie. "Lizzie did you see what happened? Dude, Wagner is in there under a bookcase."

saint_kurt enters this room

[Elizabeth] FuckShitWank......

[Elizabeth] "I....just got back. I don't know, "Lizzie said, looking pale. Her graze was still bleeding slightly and her neck bruises gettign worse.

[Elizabeth] "Should we like, get help?" fuckfuckfuck.....

[Nocturne] Jesus, this was weird. But..what to do? Get over the weirdness with Lizzie and help Wagner, or..."What happened to your face?"

[Elizabeth] "...nothing," Lizzie said edgily. "What should we do about Wagner though?"

[Elizabeth] God....TJ didnt suspect anything did she?

[Nocturne] "Can you maybe lift the bookcase? With your power thing??"

[Elizabeth] Lizzie tried not to laugh at that. She'd used her sodding power to drop it on him in the first place....

[Elizabeth] "Yeah...Is he...hurt badly?"

[Nocturne] "I don't know, I think so....he's not moving..."

[Elizabeth] Oh fuck.....She'd killed a fucking teacher.....

[Elizabeth] "Ah.....Right. I'll try and lift it..."

[Elizabeth] It'd look good in court if she tried to save him....

[Elizabeth] His own fucking fault though for trying to get at her like he had....He didnt know her.

[Nocturne] "Ok...ok good." It really wouldn't be good if Wagner died. I mean..not that she cared or anything. But he had like..family who'd care right? Th pope might care...

[Nocturne] She moved back into the office, carful not to step on anything blue.

Nocturne exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Lizzie took a deep breath.

[Elizabeth] Okay, okay...she could always plead insanity if he died....wipe everyone's brains

[Elizabeth] Feeling sick, she followed TJ.....god, she should have just used the front door like a normal person.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Wagner's Office

[Elizabeth] Lizzie stepped into the room, feeling light headed again....She dropped her bag just inside the dooray and looked around at the devastation she had caused.

[Elizabeth] Fuck....what the FUCK had she done?

[Nocturne] She watched Lizzie stand there, then looked to unmoving Wagner. Wow, talk about two people she could stand not to be in the same room as right now. Maybe Scott'd stop by and round it out!

[Nocturne] "Are you gonna, ypu know," she gestured at the bookcase.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie looked up at TJ, blinkijg away a tear.

[Elizabeth] "Sorry. Right..." Lizzie concentrated on lifting the case up. It was much harder to lift than it was to drop....

[Elizabeth] The bookcase shook slightly as Lizzie moved it up into the air so Wagner was no longer trapped, then to the side so that it no longer covered him and let it fall with a crash once clear of the teacher.

[Elizabeth] Gasping for breath, she fell to the dloor, burying her face in her hands.....What if hse had killed him?

[Elizabeth] Hiw own fault...seriously.

[Nocturne] She moved to Wagner, unsure of what to do. She reached out and puished at him a bit with her foot. "He's not dead right?"

[Elizabeth] "Don't fucking say that!" Lizzie gasped.

[Nocturne] "I don't know how to check! Can you like, read his mind?" She poked again a bit harder.

[Fr.Wagner] It was the sound of voices. Kurt slowly opened his eyes, but he couldn't really focus on anything.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie grimaced, but did as TJ asked....

[Elizabeth] She reched out hesitantly and tried to find active thought in Wagners brain

[Fr.Wagner] Then there was a new feeling, like someone passing an electric charge through his brain.

[Fr.Wagner] "Stop!" he shouted.

[Elizabeth] Lizzie screamed at the top of her lungs and fell backwards

[Nocturne] Whoa, what the fuck was going on?? Now they were both on the floor?

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt swallowed and tried to look around. He was... We was... He didn't recognise it.

chicory enters this room

chicory exits from this room

[Elizabeth] Oh well, at least he wasn't dead.......Oh SHIT he'd rat on her and say what she'd done.....

[Elizabeth] This was bad....Lizzie thought coldly as she sat up.

[Fr.Wagner] "Is this... Is... I don't know where I am."

[Nocturne] Talia as very unsure of what to do. Oh, great, did Wagner have amnesia? This place was like, textbook soap opera. "Uh, do you know your name?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt looked over at the questioner and smiled. "You're Talia Palmer. I'm Kurt Wagner." he said almost dreamily.

[Nocturne] She stopped herself before correcting him on her name. He was like..almost dead. She could be nice

[Nocturne] But what she definately needed, was out of this situation. "I can, uh, go get Dr, McCoy? To like, help?" she moved toward the door.

[Nocturne] She felt a tug on her hand, stopping her. She turned around.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt reached out for TJ's hand. He wasn't even sure how this happened, what had happened. "Talia. Could you... Could you stay here with me please. I don't want to be alone."

[Elizabeth] Oh fuck.....She wanted to be so far away....Non of this was real. Lizzie wiped her palms on her jacket and stood up.

[Elizabeth] She had screwed up big time and she was so far over the line she wondered if expulsion was the least she'd face....

[Fr.Wagner] "Elizabeth," Kurt tried to turn and face her but it hurt. "It's okay Elizabeth, accidents happen."

[Nocturne] TJ looked between the two. What was going on??

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's eyes buldged. "I don't know what you mean....." she said breathlessly.

[Elizabeth] "Tee, I'm going to get the Doc.....I....I';; go see if he's around," Lizie stammered and dashed todards the door, picking her bag up on the way out.

[Elizabeth] She stumbled out of the door and into the corridor.....WHt the fuck was she supposed to do now?

Elizabeth exits from this room

[Nocturne] Talia watched Lizzie go, completely conflicting emotions.

[Nocturne] She really didn't want to be around Lizzie, but she sure as HELL didn't want to be around Wagner. She sighed inwardly. If she hadn't picked fucking rock she'd have never had to deal with this.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt tried to move into a position the was more comfortable, but nothing worked. Still Talia was here, sitting with him. His daughter. It seemed a high price to pay, but at the same time it was nothing. He would have paid it gladly.

[Fr.Wagner] "You know, Talia... TJ, I'm sorry. You're mother always said I read too many books and that one day I would find myself buried in them. She's a smart lady, your mom."

[Fr.Wagner] He tried to laugh but it hurt so instead he held as still as possible, concentrating on the fact that he still held Talia's hand in his own.

[Nocturne] TJ made kind of a weird face at him, unsure of how to respond. "Yeah..."

[Nocturne] It was weird hearing him talk about her Mom like he knew her. But then..he did know her..or he had known her. He was still a jerk, but she could be nice to him cause he almost died, right? And then tomorrow she could ignore him again.

[Nocturne] "Mom always says stupid stuff like that."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt was still for a long time, waiting, then turned to Talia.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank you for staying with me Talia. I know... I know I'm not your real dad and I never can be. But it doesn't mean that meeting you and getting to know you hasn't been only the the greatest experiences in my life."

[Fr.Wagner] "I just wanted you to know, that even though I could never replace the father who raised you, that I... I love you too. I've always been alone and to know that I have family, it's so wonderful TJ."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt brought the hand he held to his mouth and kissed it gently.

[Fr.Wagner] "Thank You."

[Nocturne] Talia stared at him wide eyed a second, before withdrawing her hand from his.

[Nocturne] She looked away, staring straight ahead. Jesus, how do you respond to that?

[Nocturne] Part of her wanted to leave right now, but she still felt kind of bad for Wagner.

[Nocturne] Why was this so complicated? Why couldn't her life be fucking normal? Before coming here she had one mom and one dad and everything was easy. And then Wagner shows up and what the hell is she supposed to do?

[Nocturne] He just comes into her life suddenly, wanting to be a part of it? Where had he been? Where was he this whole time? How could he possibly love her?!

[Nocturne] She opened her mouth to say something, but closed it. Not tonight. She just gritted her teeth, crossing her arms and scootching away from Wagner a bit.

[Nocturne] Blood didn't make family. It never had growing up, and it wasn't going to now.

[Edited on 24/7/06 by NachtcGleiskette]
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

WOW you guys! That's the best way to sum that instance up. It totally had me on the edge of my seat! Woooo!

And the end was so touching and painful.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Awww - poor Wagner...Whoa lizzie...and TJ is a nurses daughter and she kicks someones hand to see how they are???? Still - wonderful conflict on the "I hate this guy/want to help him/feel bad for him" mix

LOL - very very well done instance guys - it was phenomenal. Adds a whole bunch of more complexity to it too...

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Crocodile Hunter
Navigator
Navigator
Title: is not a moderator.

Post by Crocodile Hunter »

God damn my brothers dark screen. :doh!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
Awww - poor Wagner...Whoa lizzie...and TJ is a nurses daughter and she kicks someones hand to see how they are???? Still - wonderful conflict on the "I hate this guy/want to help him/feel bad for him" mix

LOL - very very well done instance guys - it was phenomenal. Adds a whole bunch of more complexity to it too...

Paws
Key word is daughter....

My dad builds roads! Doesn't mean I know how to fill a pot hole :P
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

I swear too much.....