7/24 instance: Precious Lamb

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

[Angel_II] Angel opened the auditorium door just enough to slip inside. It was another crazy day -- Father Wagner was in an accident overnight, or was attacked, or something. Whatever the cause, he was pretty well fucked up in class.

[Angel_II] It was a mess, and Angel had to go *somewhere* quiet for a bit – it was just way too cold to go outside. She impulsively picked her way to the stage and flew the last few yards, using the ghost light to guide her.

[Angel_II] She smiled to herself and looked around, trailing her fingers across the curtain and listening to her worn shoes scuff against the wooden stage. Aside from class, she had never really spent any time in here. It was ironic – theaters had been such a big part of her old life....

[Angel_II] As drama club secretary, she’d practically lived in the high school theater. But, that had been before the wings. She thought back -- could it really be going on a year ago? Wow, that was forever, and, yet, not long ago at all.

Summerspy enters this room

ProfHowlet enters this room

[Angel_II] It seemed she was a completely different person now, but part of her loved the theater still . "The roar of the greasepaint and all that," she chuckled to herself and took an exaggerated turn downstage.

[ProfHowlet] * ProfHowlet walked into the auditorium via a backstage door, carrying paints and other such set dressing supplies.

[ProfHowlet] Not that he'd be using them, he sighed. His opus seemed destined to flop with these kids.

[ProfHowlet] He stopped, surprised to find someone had beaten him here. She hadn't noticed him, yet, and he debated whether to call out to her or wait and see what she did

[Angel_II] She walked to the apron and looked into the empty seats. The last time she’d truly been on stage had been in rehearsals for ‘Grease.’ The memories washed over her and she snickered to herself again as she ran through the hand jive number – so, so stupid, but they’d been forced to learn it.

[Angel_II] They’d had to learn all the songs too, and she almost started singing the very first one that popped to mind. Whoa! Her teeth clicked shut. What am I doin’?!

[Angel_II] Weeelll, what the hell, I AM alone. She struck a pose and opened her mouth, pausing one last time to look around the dark theater suspiciously. Naw, it’s cool… and she had to admit she was enjoying being pointlessly silly.....

[Angel_II] "Yo-ur stooooreeey, sad to teeeeell, a teenage ne'er do well," she sang with feeling, but not TOO loudly. "Most mixed up non-delinquent on the block/ Your future’s so unclear now, what's left of your career now/ Can't even get a trade in on your smock."

[Angel_II] She couldn’t remember any choreography from that number, so she did made up a little dance.

[ProfHowlet] Howlet chuckled. About time he let the girl know she was being watched.

[ProfHowlet] He walked out onto the stage, clapping. "Brava! Bra-VA!"

[Angel_II] She jerked as if she’d been shot and spun around at the sudden voice. Oh shit! Oh God! Oh shit! Who….? Her eyes picked out Howlett….oooooh, goooody. Well, it could have been much worse. She still wanted to drop dead or fall through the floor though…. "Um, hey.... what's up, professor Howlett…"

[ProfHowlet] "I have to say, Lovely, you ahve a wonderful voice," he moved to her smiling. "COuld use a bit of work, I'm not going to lie. But if you worked at it? Ooo Barbara watch your back!" He laughed at himself.

[ProfHowlet] "I knew I'd find one," he planted himself on the edge of the stage, looking up at her. "Got the bug, right? I knew one of you wouldn't be able to ignore the call of the stage!"

[Angel_II] Angel shifted, he was joking, right? She only sang chorus in high school. She knew she sucked. "Um, yeah....I think Babs is safe, yo."

[Angel_II] "But, yeah... I did a lot of theater back in high school....before the wings." She ruffled them for emphasis.

Saffire enters this room

[ProfHowlet] He laughed. "babs! You know, I did a revival of Hello Dolly back in '93, as Dolly of COURSE, the role made FAMOUS by Ms. Streisand her very self."

[ProfHowlet] "And one of the extra's brothers wives nephew's friend actually did the hair FOR Ms. Streisand for that very movie in 1969! Apparently she HATES being called Babs! What a small world!"

[ProfHowlet] He stood up, taking a walk around her. "Before the wings? They didn;t make you stop did they? Oh, the things you can do with those!"

[Angel_II] Angel couldn't help but smile at Howlett -- he reminded her of her uncle's friends. They flamed too.

[Angel_II] She got a little uncomfortable when he hopped up to circle her. "Yeah.... they kinda did. Um, there ain't much call for a human fly in high school."

[Angel_II] Wait. What? "Things?" Well, she knew she could fly, and make shit vibrate, aaaaaand that was about it.

[ProfHowlet] "Well, they're fabulous for theatrics! We could do A Midsummer Nights Dream!"

Saffire exits from this room

Saffire exits from this room

[ProfHowlet] "And for anything else, well," he put a hand to his chin, thinking a moment. "I'm sure they can be bound. I would never let something like that hold tyou back!"

[Angel_II] She ruffled her wings again. A fairy... she'd never really looked at them that way.....

*Saffire* enters this room

[Angel_II] "Oh, they can fit under coats and sweaters and stuff." She'd just never really wanted to be on stage after..... "I just didn't like people lookin anymore, y'know."

[Angel_II] "Hey, Hello Dolly? So you really acted professionally...as a mutant."

[ProfHowlet] "Honey, precioius lamb, when you have something that gorgeous on your back, people are gonna stare. Just learn to OWN i baby."

[ProfHowlet] ((*it))

[Summerspy] ((LMAO))

[ProfHowlet] "Of course I did!" He struck a pose. "Well, not professionally. Semi-professionally? I've always been more interested in the back stage stuff. Like directing and writing! I'm working on a fabulous piece now."

[ProfHowlet] ((I had a gay friend who used to call everyone precious lamb))

[ProfHowlet] He looked her over. "In fact, you'd be perfect in it. I'm having trouble with my current thesbians."

[Angel_II] She hid a snicker at precious lamb, but, still, the wings sucked. They were all, buggy....

[Angel_II] Ooooooh, the opus, uh-oh, she'd heard horror stories about that.....

[ProfHowlet] ((buggy! Punny!))

[Angel_II] "I would?" Was that a good thing? Thesbians?

[ProfHowlet] "Oh, DEFINATELY. Angel, my lovely, the people I'm working with now are just..."

[ProfHowlet] He hated to gossip about students, but jesus, it was GOSSIP!

[ProfHowlet] "They're difficult. I have a brother and sister who won't stop making out to do a scene, a mother in law who laughs all the time, and a Harden who is stiff as a board! You;d do WONDERS!"

ProfHowlet exits from this room

[Angel_II] ((Hey, it's an intermission! This really is live theater!))

[*Saffire*] ((lol,))

[Angel_II] Angel felt her eyes bulge a bit. She hadn't heard this bit about the infamous opus! "Um, yeah, that sounds like it would suck...."

[Angel_II] Still....she looked around the theater, and back at Howlett's big, goofy grin. He wasn't so bad...just, really, really, REALLY enthusiastic. Was that so bad?

[Angel_II] "Actually," she smiled, warming to the idea the more she thought of it, "I might have fun. What did you have in mind for me?" It's not like all the students here hadn't already seen her wings a thousand times.

[ProfHowlet] He crossed his arms, looking her over.

[ProfHowlet] Pursing his lips, he walked around her. "You know, I could see you as my new Scarlet."

[ProfHowlet] He grinned wide. "I'll recast the whole thing! REALLY cast it! No more amateurs!"

[ProfHowlet] "I doubt the others would mind much. I'm sure they never even tried. And ifthey were trying, well, the acting Gods sure do not smile upon them," he said cattily.

Spaz enters this room

Spaz exits from this room

[Angel_II] Angel's eyes widened further. "So what's Scarlet do?"

[Angel_II] Maybe she didn't want to volunteer for this. Was it Gone with the Wind with mutants or what?

[ProfHowlet] "Scarlet is a southern belle who pines after her long lost love Harden in antibellum Georgia," he summarized dramatically. "She has a brother, the good Reverand, and her Harden's mother hates her. It's a heartwrenching drama."

[ProfHowlet] "I've had so much trouble getting it of the ground! My current Scarlet simply cannot put 'outside relations' to the side for the sake of art," he shook his head.

[Angel_II] Heartwrenching drama, huh? They had enough of that around here....but, hey, could still be fun....she nodded as he spoke.

[Angel_II] "You think I'd pass as a southern belle? I'm kinda....black...for that." She grinned.

[Angel_II] "Who's Scarlet now?"

[ProfHowlet] He raised an eyebrow. "I think you'd be perfect." Howlet sighed. "I have that TJ in the role now. It's.." he tried to censor himself..he was talking about students after all. "It's just not working."

[Angel_II] "Teeej!" She hid her laugh behind her hand. Yeah, she could really see TJ not wanting anything to do with this play thing.

[Angel_II] Really though, she could see almost all the students shunning this class like the plague. "Um, Professor Howlett, why do we have a theater class here?"

[ProfHowlet] He raised his eyebrows to his hairline. "Why?? My dear Angel, why NOT?"

[Angel_II] Wow, those eyebrows might stick up there....."Not that I'm complaining, it just seems, since this place is kinda a semi fake school and we have classes in something called a 'danger room' that theater is kind of pointless." She shrugged. "Just wondered," she quickly added.

[ProfHowlet] "Pointless! POINTLESS!"

[ProfHowlet] "Angel, LIFE is the theater, and theater is LIFE. Nothing is pointless, as long as you care about it!"

[ProfHowlet] "And who ever called this a fake school? Its as real as any other," he waggled a finger at her. "Just because it may have a slightly different purpose, doesn't make it fake."

[Angel_II] Angel opened her mouth to argue out of habit, but, found she had no argument. Not anymore. He was right. "Yeah, I guess so."

[Angel_II] "So, everything Father Wagner has been telling us -- about this school -- it's true?" She really hoped so, but, as much as she hated to ask she just had to. Howlett seemed to be pretty open....

[ProfHowlet] He smirked. "Just what has trhe blue devil been telling you?"

[Angel_II] She tried to remember his words. "That we're here to be a community and support each other....and that we're supposed to be the first of....something that would help make a better world." She shrugged again. Maybe she really didn't want to know.

[ProfHowlet] He smiled at her. "Exciting, right?! Pioneers!"

[ProfHowlet] "But its more about all of you than anything else. The world can wait, sweetie. We want you all to be happy first."

[Angel_II] So Wagner was telling the truth. Wow. "Yeah, it kinda is...sometimes." she said half to herself.

[Angel_II] She shook herself. "Soooo, when are you thinking about producing this play?"

[ProfHowlet] Howlets smile grew. "Whenever we can Angelface. I'll get a script to you asap!"

[Angel_II] She returned his smile. "Yeah, okay. Just call me Scarlet then." And I hope I don't regret it.

[ProfHowlet] 'I will, my Scarlet. Oooooo I couldnt be more excited!" He did a little dance.

[Angel_II] Aw, now how could you NOT like somebody that....perky! She laughed aloud.

[Angel_II] ((Aaaaaand, scene))

[ProfHowlet] ((WOO got a name for this sucker?))
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

ROFL. Prof. Howlet did Dolly. Who here's surprised? Raise your hand. ;)

And I have heard "precious lamb", though I have never stooped down to calling anyone it myself, though I'm occasionally heard saying "honey" then stopping, horrified. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

It's allll about the luvvies dahling, as far as I'm concerned!! :P

I've been called lambkin....the offending party hobbed away from that one.

Nice to see something a bit lighter going on in the school and a student who isn't trying to total their teacher for talking to them :D
chicory
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey

Post by chicory »

This one was sooo well written - and it's nice to see more of Angel's backstory. Also, Prof. Howlett finding a protégée was a nice alternative to what usually goes on in that school. :)
For those who believe, no explanation is neccessary. For those who do not, no explanation is possible. ~Gino Dalpiaz
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
ROFL. Prof. Howlet did Dolly. Who here's surprised? Raise your hand. ;)
Actually, I'd be surprised if Prof. Howlet did Dolly. I believe I meant he played Dolly.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.