11/29 Instance: Just for the summer

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Angelina] Angel sat on her bed, her knees tucked under her chin. Dr. Guan had shaken her up, in ways she was just beginning to consider. And there was no one around for her to talk to, not really. NOT Alex. TJ and Remy still had issues.. and well Scott was part of the problem. And Lizzie was....

[Angelina] Hey, she could call Lizzie. She's said she was bored enough to do a MySpace survey, so surely she was up for a chat. She sniffed. She missed Lizzie anyways. Angel picked her phone off the table and dailed.

[Elizabeth] Sitting against the railings that supposedly kept people safe from falling off the roof, Lizzie looked out across the city, her heart sinking slightly as she too in the size of it. She'd never find Warren...

[Elizabeth] A sudden blare of music from her phone over on a patio table and she rushed over to it,, almost tripping up. Could it...? Her hand shaking, she picked it up and viewed the caller ID. Angel.

[Elizabeth] Flipping it open, she put the phone to her ear and tried not to let the slight dissapointment creep into her voice. "Hey, Angel, how's it going?"

[Angelina] Angel put more cheer into her voice than she felt. "Hey, hey, Roomie! I'm fine. Whatcha up to in the big city?" She stared blankly out the window as she spoke.

[Elizabeth] "I'm...Just hanging around, really. Helping my brother on a few photoshoots, but he kind of wants me to relax a bit. What's happening back at school?"

[Elizabeth] Taking a seat on the table, Lizzie swung one of her legs, looking at the ground. Angel seemed a little...sugary?

[Angelina] "Ah, well, that's cool," she said, shaking her gaze from the lawn outside. "I think we all need a little down time, y'know. It's... the same old here."

[Angelina] "I just wanted to see how ya were doin.'" She tried to put a little more warmth in her voice. She really did care, even if she was having a hard time sorting her feelings on everything lately.

[Elizabeth] "I'm okay," Lizzie sighed. "I'm sorry I couldnt stick it out any longer...I bet the room's lonely, eh?"

[Elizabeth] Shit, what did she say that for? Lizzie scowled at herself and fidgeted on the table. "How are you doing?"

[Angelina] Wandering around the room, Angel winced when Lizzie commented on the lonely room. Damn telepaths, she thought and flashed a smile at Lizzie's photo on the desk. "Nah, it's okay. I understand why..."

[Angelina] "Um, actually, I'm healin' pretty fast. Must be another mutant thing. I don't much mind this one if that's what it is," she half-laughed. "Y-you're shoulder better?"

[Elizabeth] "Getting there. Annie said it's healing alright. My chest is alright too. How's your wing?" Lizzie asked, hesitating over the words slightly.

[Elizabeth] "So...I..." she started to speak, then remembered something Remy had said.

[Elizabeth] "Angel....Before I left I spoke to Remy..."

[Angelina] "Good," she said, genuinely happy Lizzie was better. She'd looked so... crunchy. "Oh, um, I guess it's okay. H-healing." She unconsciously rubbed her back.

[Angelina] Damn, this was awkward.... but...what? "R-remy? Oh yeah? I saw him too, a bit. His jaw was all.... Vic busted him one."

[Elizabeth] "I didn't notice, really...I was a little distracted..." she shrugged, feeling a little bad. But then again Remy had told her that Warren had blown up a fucking house, so....

[Elizabeth] "He....said you and Scott were planning on leaving. Well, he said a lot and it's only all really just sunk in cause -" her voice broke slightly and she stood up, looking around for her bottle of coke.

[Elizabeth] "I'm sorry."

[Angelina] Wait...me AND Scott? "U-uh, well, Alex asked me to move back to Italy....." Where was Scott going? And why would REMY know? Oh, God....

[Angelina] OhGodOhGod. Not that.

[Angelina] She snapped out of her panic when Lizzie's voice cracked. "Oh, Liz, you got nothin' to be sorry for..."

[Elizabeth] "I do...I do..." she responded softly, trying to take in Angel's words. Wait, ITALY?

[Elizabeth] "Italy...? Really?" Oh my god....everyone was really fracturing apart.

[Angelina] "No, you don't," she said a little more firmly, Lizzie had just done what she thought was best. And she'd been right, Angel decided.

[Angelina] "Yeah," she said, trying to sound light. "Have you been there? I mean, is it cool?"

[Elizabeth] "I've been." Lizzie said quietly. "It's nice. Quite laid back in places, and the people are nice and the food is great..."

[Elizabeth] Angel was leaving? Lizzie couldn't believe it. After Warren, Angel was probably the one who knew the real her better than anyone. She'd been there for her when she'd ODed and helped her out of that mess.

[Angelina] "Well, that's cool," she said. "S-sounds like I might like it then...."

[Angelina] "Lizzie...I'm sure you're sick of hearing this, but you ain't got anything to apologize for. You did the right thing. You're a good friend." She sat gingerly in Lizzie's desk chair, staring at the picture of her her brother had taken as she spoke.

[Elizabeth] "If I did the right thing then why can't I stay in the school without wnating to run out? Why is everyone leaving? People got hurt, our people got hurt, Angel, and I'm the one who took them there...So, for that, I'm sorry. If I hadn't stuck my nose into TJs life and called her that time..."

[Elizabeth] "....This just wouldn't have happened. TJ called me because I'd made a promise to her...I just..." not sure of how to continue, she slid down to the floor and sat cross legged, opening her coke.

[Elizabeth] "They keep on saying I'm the best, the teachers. Everyone was aplogising to me saying they weren't good enough - do you know what that was like? To have to hear you guys say that? Man, Rahne couldn't even type straight yet she was saying sorry to me!"

[Elizabeth] Feeling a little better she had that off her chest, she sipped the coke. "So....are you going to Italy for the summer?" she asked, trying to brighten her voice. She doubted somehow that it would just be for the summer..

[Angelina] "You did the right thing because TJ is your friend -- our friend -- and we were the right ones to help her," She said. "We'll all be okay....y'know, we were just sayin' all that 'cause we were proud of you... 'cause we love you."

[Angelina] Angel blinked, realizing where she was going with this, and more amazingly, that she really meant it. "Y'know, we gotta stick together. We're a team."

[Angelina] "Yeah....," she said, making her decision. "It's just for the summer."

[Elizabeth] Chewing her lip, she looked down. "I'm sorry...Now I know you all meant well, but it made me feel worse at the time. I almost couldn't go through with it...But...Well, I had to stand my own ground that time."

[Elizabeth] "Summer breaks are good. I'm not sure yet if I'll go back for the rest of term. James is going to London after stopping here for a while, and I miss England, you know? It's important to rememeber your roots..."

[Elizabeth] "We are this, like, huge family now, a team....But we've all come from everywhere and...Fuckit I'm talking crap now," laughing slightly, she glanced over the rooftops, her smile fading as she once more took in the vastness of the city.

[Angelina] Angel laughed a little herself, feeling better than she had since she'd awakened in the infirmary. "Nah, I get what you're saying. Don't worry about it -- if you need time, then take it, yo. It's cool of your brother to do all this for you."

[Angelina] I still have to talk to Alex, she thought, but "Maybe we can hook up over across the pond sometime this summer, hey?"

[Elizabeth] "Yeah....I'd like to show some of you guys my old hang outs. Camden is excellent. No one would stick out there..."

[Elizabeth] "But..I suppose you'd be staying in Italy, right? That's cool."

[Angelina] "Yeah, but, hey, it's not that far, and I might just convince Alex I need to see England," she said. "We could tear up that town, girlfriend!"

[Angelina] "We deserve a little fun." She had gotten herself perked up, thinking of adventures with her roommate, but, of course, the thought faded a bit with her last words.

[Elizabeth] "Well, he's an actor, right? He needs to come see England! We gave the world that Shakespeare guy!"

[Elizabeth] She wondered if Angel could tell that the enthusiasm in her voice was a little put on or not. She wanted to hang out with Angel, show her where she had 'grown up' but....there were other people she wanted to share that with too, and it probably wouldnt happen.

[Angelina] "You totally did! And the Bard rocks, yo," she chirped again, then sobered. She'd sent Scott that sonnet and received.... crazy gibberish in return. That was not good. But talking to Lizzie was so much easier than talking to Scott.

[Angelina] "Well, I better let you get back to sorting those pics... I just wanted to talk to ya," she said. "Keep in touch? And if ya need anything, anything at all, I'm your girl."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie felt a stab of pain as Angel meantioned 'sorting pics'.

[Elizabeth] "I...don't have any pics do sort out, left. But..."

[Elizabeth] She thought of the photo of Warren shoved under her pillow. Could she really even begin to imagine that she could actually find him?

[Elizabeth] "I'll keep in touch." she added as a whisper, still reflecting.

[Angelina] "Okay, cool," she said, frowning a bit at Lizzie's sudden mood shift. But, Lizzie was like that, and she could always talk to her later. She gave her farewells and disconnected the call, staring at the phone in her hand.

[Angelina] Taking a deep breath, she pulled up Alex's number.

[Edited on 30-11-0606 by Slarti]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

That was SO sweet! Poor Lizzie and poor Angel! Angel need's to deal with this Scott stuff! :P

This made me near-squee (cause god KNOWS I never squee):
[Elizabeth] "We are this, like, huge family now, a team.
LOVE it! I love how the fight has changed the relationships of our kids, but only in the way that they're understanding how important they all are to each other. Ohhh you guys are SO GOOD!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Really, really sweet instance guys. Good job.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Awww! This was a wonderful instance! Lots of awesome plots and subplots and getting into each character's heads. Lovely.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro