12/07 Instance: Fais do do

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Remy] Remy stepped out onto the patio, Talia on his arm. He stopped for a moment, taking in the huge amount of people that were crowding his Uncle’s backyard.

[Remy] The music had already started, and the party had been going for an hour or so...he'd begged off to come down later when there were more people to occupy each other.

[Remy] He'd left his glasses upstairs, not fair to hide himself when Talia was going to be out there. Besides - Mercy said that he just needed to stand tall. He watched the swirl of people though; glad to be in the shadows for a few more minutes before they had to deal. "Busy, ain't it chere?"

[Talia] "Yeah," she replied, swallowing, and taking a deep breath. So many people, so many RICH people. What was she doing here?!

[Talia] She clung tight to Remy's arm, "Your uncle knows all these people??" she asked, trying to make conversation, hide her nerves.

[Remy] "Oui." He glanced at her. She was looking as freaked as he felt. "It'll be ok chere. Y' thirsty or somethin'?"

[Jean-Luc] Jean-Luc spotted the his nephew and Talia. Finally! He was almost worried that they'd changed their minds. Smiling widely he strode up to them. "Bon! Y're down den!"

[Jean-Luc] He turned to Talia. "Y' look lovely. What d' y' think of my little Fais do do?"

[Talia] "It's....big," she answered his question. Taking another breath she nodded to Remy. "I really want a drink. I'm way thirsty."

[Jean-Luc] "Y' are? What would y' like? D' bar is dis way..." Jean-Luc waved them on, beaming proudly over them both.

[Remy] Squeezing Talia's hand reassuringly he followed his uncle, acting casually as he could. It wasn't as nearly as bad as he figured though. Other than a small curious glance, people just smiled and nodded to them, calling out greetings to his uncle. "Umm...what is dere?"

[Jean-Luc] "Jus' about anythin' y' want. But I had some nice bottles of champagne flown in. Y' should at least have one glass of dat sometime tonight." He glanced at Talia. "But y' can have whatever y' want. Dey have some nice blender drinks or jus' juice too."

[Talia] Bar?? Alcohol?? Remy had the coolest uncle ever. "Champagne is good...or a margarita or something."

[Talia] She glanced around them again at the crowds of people. No one was staring. It was nice....but almost weird. She still felt on edge.

[Jean-Luc] At Remy's nod he fetched them both a flute of champagne and took on of his own, sipping at it as he smiled at them. He was so excited to have them here. It was a good way to show Remy off to all his associates and friends. A nephew! Who would have thought?

[Jean-Luc] "So, y' up t' meetin' some people den? I have t' say dey've been really interested in y' since I told dem all."

[Remy] Remy glanced at Talia. "Y' ok with dat chere?"

[Talia] She took a gulp of the champagne and nodded slowly. It'd be ok. It'd be way ok. It's not like anyone could do anything to them with all these people....unless they all did...oh jeez

[Talia] She took another gulp. "Yeah...ok."

[Jean-Luc] "Bein! Y'll dazzle dem all."

[Remy] Remy let himself be led though the group of people, glad to have Talia beside him. He shook hands, and exchanged pleasantries to the people he was introduced to, trying to modulate his behavior to match what would be expected in this setting.

[Remy] He was starting to relax a little, compliments of the champagne and the fact that the people were surprisingly nice. Plus it was a treat to listen to the live band belting out Zydeco in the background - it livened it up some.

[Talia] Talia followed quietly, staying beside Remy, but attempting to fade a bit into the background as he was introduced around. This was so posh, and so rich, and something she'd always thought of doing as a kid when she grew up and was a "woman"

[Talia] But now...she was completely out of her element. She didn’t know ANYONE, and didn’t have the faintest idea how to relate to anyone. She didn’t have anything in common with any of these people.

[Talia] A waiter came around with champagne flutes and she grabbed a second. Thank god for alcohol.

[Jean-Luc] Jean-Luc turned to them after the latest people had made their introductions, beaming down on them. His nephew was doing so well - he could tell everyone was impressed with the pair. Shy, and a little lost for sure - but they were nice kids.

[Jean-Luc] "Why don' y' two go an' dance for a while, or just mingle? I've got a few business matters I should attend t' an' I doubt dat it will be interestin' t' just watch."

[Talia] Talia nodded, putting down her empty glass. "Sounds good!" She grabbed Remy's arm and dragged him away from the others.

[Remy] Remy found himself chuckling as he was yanked after her, wasting no time in taking her in his arms as soon as they hit the dance area. He moved her through the energetic steps, laughing more as they bumped into each other until they found the beat.

[Remy] He was surprised to find himself having fun. Sure it wasn't the sort of thing he was used to - but it was still enjoyable. To top it off, Talia was enough to make any man take a second look, with how lovely she was tonight. And she was all his.

[Talia] Talia smiled, pulling him close to her for a moment. "THIS is nice.."

[Remy] "Oui it is. Y' enjoyin' it chere?" he swung her past another couple, admiring the way her breast jiggled when he did that.

[Talia] She laughed as he swung her around, "I like this part...but we should get more champagne"

[Talia] Talia watched Remy a second, giving him a once over. Damn, he was fine. She moved in close again. "When the heck can we go back upstairs?"

[Remy] He willingly followed her off towards the bar. Dancing was fun, but damn it was hot. He frowned at her question. "Thought y' were havin' fun chere?"

[Talia] "I am," she smirked at him. "I'm just looking forward to more fun."

[Remy] He relaxed when he caught her meaning and laughed. "Moi aussi."

[Bella] Bella stood, listening to one of her fathers acquaintances go on about something or other, smiling and laughing as if amused.

[Bella] She'd been to a thousand of these parties, and it wasn't like these old men got new stories to tell. Still, they loved to tell them to pretty young things like her.

[Bella] She glanced away, searching for her fiancée George. Why on Earth did it take that man so long to get a drink? She looked over to the bar and almost did a double take.

[Bella] Was that....no, there was no way. Her curiosity got the best of her and she excused herself from the conversation, moving to an group of women a bit closer to the bar. There was absolutely no mistaking it. Remy?

[Remy] Grabing a couple more flutes he ran a hand through his damp hair, pushing it off his face. He looped one arm casually around Talia's waist, leaning back against the bar for a moment. He let his eyes roam over the crowd and froze when his eyes met a pair of very familiar blue ones.

[Bella] She saw him glance her way and quickly turned her eyes. She sighed at herself, it wasn't like her to be so bashful. But...what in the world was he doing here? And..exactly who was this odd girl with him?

[Bella] Bella'd never been a shy girl in her life. And she wasn't about to let this unexpected reunion make her one. Taking a breath, she walked up to them.

[Remy] He watched her walk up to the two of them, taking a deep breath. "Bonjour Bella."

[Remy] He'd known Bella ran with this type of crowd. So why it was so suprising to find her here, he didn't know. It was almost certain that she'd known his Uncle longer than him. He gave her a small smile and tightened his arm around Talia.

[Remy] He hadn't seen her since the night before the time that her father had met him in her stead, and told him to stay away from his daughter.

[Talia] Talia watched the blonde approach, tightening her arm around Remy, until her greeted her. He KNEW her??

[Bella] "Remy," she smiled at him, lifting her hand to him. "Back to your party crashing ways? I hadn't seen you around in a while." She tried to keep her cool, but jesus. Seeing your first love again, in a similar setting to where you met him, years after being forced apart?

[Remy] He gave her a funny half smile. "Actually, dis time Remy was invited." He shrugged. "Been busy. Y're lookin' well."

[Bella] "Invited? Well, I'll be. I can't say I'd expect that," Bella smoothed her dress out in front of her. "And thank you. You look very fine yourself. I like this suit on you."

[Talia] She stood awkwardly beside Remy. Who the hell was this girl? Bella? She pondered a moment. OH. OH so THIS was Bella!

[Talia] TJ bit her lip. Bella was pretty. Very pretty. Why couldn’t she have been ugly?

[Remy] He felt Talia shift against him and snapped back to reality. "Oh, Talia, dis is Bella...Bella - dis is my girlfriend Talia."

[Bella] Girlfriend? Huh. Well don't that beat all. She smiled at the - blue - girl, offering her hand. "Pleasure to meet you Tanya."

[Talia] TJ scowled a bit, shaking the girl’s hand. "Talia. And it's TJ."

[Bella] Bella laughed. "Oh, I'm sorry. Talia. Very...unique name, yes?" she gave the girl a once over. "Suits you."

[Talia] She couldn't tell if that was a compliment or not. She leaned into Remy.

[Remy] He blinked at Bella's comment - but then she'd always been cool with his eyes. And Talia was unique. He went to take a sip of his champagne, only to find that he'd drained the flute. When had that happened? "Can I get y' somethin'?" He asked gesturing to the bar.

[Bella] "Oh, I'm not much of a drinker. Another champagne would do I suppose," she leaned into the bar, not exactly sure where to take the conversation. The girlfriend didn't look too comfortable, but she also stuck out like a sore thumb here, and not just because of the blue skin.

[Bella] It was obvious she wasn't one of "them". Then, neither was Remy. That begged a question. "So, how did you garner an invite to such an event, Remy?"

[Remy] "Well..."

[Jean-Luc] Jean-Luc descended on the trio, smiling happily at them. "Y' havin' a good time? Enjoyin' yourselves?" he winked at Bella. "Y're lookin' very nice t'night Bella - see dat y've met my nephew."

[Jean-Luc] He clapped Remy on the shoulder and reached behind him to tap on the bar. The tender, knowing what he expected passed him a glass full of scotch. "It certainly is a nice night for it - bit of a breeze t' lighten things up, or we'd all be sheddin' our jackets by now, neh?"

[Bella] Bella raised a brow. Nephew?! Remy was Jean-Luc Lebeau's NEPHEW? He was a Lebeau!

[Bella] She smiled at Jean-Luc. "Why thank you for the compliment. And Remy hadn't yet told me he was your nephew, actually."

[Talia] This girl was charming EVERYONE. She grabbed another glass of champagne.

[Jean-Luc] "Non?" he couldn't help but look a little questioningly at Remy at that.

[Remy] Remy stepped in. "Was just about t' Uncle. Y' just beat Remy t' it." He smiled in reassurance. "We jus' started talkin' is all."

[Jean-Luc] "Ah." He nodded, feeling a bit relieved. He wasn't certain yet if Remy didn't harbour some resentment over things. "Well - y' enjoyin' y'reself?"

[Bella] "You know, I could use another drink, if you wouldn't mind Remy," she gave him another smile.

[Talia] Talia hated this girl.

[Remy] "Very much so. Merci Uncle." He gathered up another three flutes, passing one to each girl, taking Talia's unfinished one and tossing it back. Dieu knows, he needed it.

[Jean-Luc] "Bein. Den I'll leave y'all t' it." He winked at Talia. "Jus' don't wear him out too bad. Y' two have t' catch dat plane fairly early tomorrow."

[Jean-Luc] He turned back to Bella. "Have y' seen y're father? I need t' talk t' him."

[Bella] Bella looked up over the crowd. "I think I last saw him back that way," she gestured in the direction. "Going on about his latest property."

[Talia] TJ blushed a bit at Jean-Luc, unsure of how to take that...maybe he'd take the girl away though, so she could enjoy the night again.

[Jean-Luc] "Merci. If y'll excuse me den?" He clapped his hand to Remy shoulder again. "Enjoy y'reselfs!"

[Remy] Remy watched his Uncle walk off with a bit of regret, turning back to Bella again with a worried look. "Y're pere is here?"

[Bella] "Of course. My family is always at these functions," she told him. "I don't think you need to worry though. I doubt he'd be rude to the nephew of his host."

[Bella] "In fact, had you told us years ago, I doubt he'd have stepped between us as he did."

[Talia] TJ choked a bit on her champagne, dribbling it down her dress. Her pretty, expensive, designer dress. In front of Remy's very very pretty ex-girlfriend. God dammit, WHY was she retarded!

[Remy] He patted Talia's back helpfully, fetching her a napkin before turning back to Bella. "Well, didn't tell y' cause Remy didn't know. My pere an' him didn't really keep in touch. Jus' found out dat I had him, myself."

[Remy] He frowned in thought. "Y' think y're pere's gonna recognize Remy?"

[Talia] Talia pat down her front with the napkin, feeling like a complete idiot. She put her arms around Remy again, cuddling into him, almost trying to hide herself from the other, intimidating girl.

[Bella] "Oh, I doubt it very much," she waved her hand off. "That was years and years ago. We've both grown up," she took a sip of her champagne. "And moved on."

[Remy] "Oui. Suppose we have." He stroked Talia's back. He was fresh out of conversation ideas. "So - what have y' been up t'?"

[Bella] "Oh, this and that. Been taking classes at Tulane, but don't have any real direction yet. Daddy's showing me some of the family business stuff, but I'm not sure that's what I'm looking for either," she took another sip.

[Bella] "Oh, and I got engaged. Haven't set a date just yet, but eventually.."

[Remy] He smiled genuinely at that. "Oui? Congratulations.Y're pere must be pleased, neh?"

[Bella] "Oh he's very pleased. George is an upstanding young man. From a prominent family in the city."

[Bella] She put down an empty glass, looking between the two of them. "How did you two meet?"

[Remy] "At school. We both go t' a college in N'york." He looked down questioningly at Talia. She'd been awfully quiet.

[Bella] "Ahhh New York! It's so beautiful there in the winter. Where do you go? NYU? Columbia?"

[Talia] Talia shifted a bit, leaning up to Remy. "Baby, can you get me another drink please?"

[Remy] "A private school." He nodded. "Y want somethin' different dis time chere?"

[Talia] "Yeah...something fruity or something.." she told him.

[Bella] "Private school," she raised a brow. "Well, that sounds quite lovely."
[Remy] He caught her comment on his way back with a margurita. "It's been fine. Different dan what Remy's used t'."

[Bella] "Mmm, I could understand that," she paused a bit. "It's near the end of term now. What're your plans for the summer? Will you be back here?"

[Remy] He nodded. "Oui. Jean-Luc asked me t' stay wit' him for d' summer. So we'll try it out." He kissed Talia on the top of the forehead. "Gonna miss Talia, but we'll visit."

[Talia] TJ cuddled into him at the kiss, leaning up to give him one. Pulling away she yawned. Man, it had suddenly gotten way late way quickly.

[Bella] "Well, that's fantastic. I'm sure I'll be able to see you around then."

[Remy] "Oui...maybe..." He caught Talia's yawn. "Well, time for us t' head in, I think. Nice t' see y' Bella."

[Bella] "Good to see you too Remy," she leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. "It was nice to catch up."

[Bella] She turned, and spotting her fiancée, walked in his direction.

[Talia] She straightened up as she saw Bella kiss Remy, then leave. But...Remy'd be coming back here. And SHE was here. She sighed. There was like...no end to this.

[Remy] He froze at the peck, but then relaxed again. He'd seen people kissing each other on the cheek all night - it was nothing, he reminded himself. "Y' tired chere? Want t' go in or jus' sit for a while?"

[Talia] She shrugged, not so hot on the night anymore. "I dunno...what do you wanna do?"

[Remy] He looked down at her, noticing a small trendil of hair had escaped to tease down her neck. Damn she looked nice tonight. "Why don' y' head up t' our room. I'll jus' tell my Uncle we're turnin' in for d' night."

[Talia] "Uhh...I'll come with you."

[Remy] He looked questioningly at her but nodded, quickly locating his Uncle who wished them a good night. The minute that they closed the door to their room he relaxed, smiling contentedly at her as he kicked off his shoes. "Dat's better. So many people dere, neh? It's crazy."

[Talia] "Yeah, crazy," she replied, slumping on the bed looking away from him.

[Remy] He sat near the foot of the bed, taking her shoes off and laying her feet in his lap, rubbing them. "Went better dan I thought it would. People were pretty nice. Jean-Luc looked happy too."

[Talia] "Yeah, it was fun.."

[Remy] He turned to look at her at that, but found her still facing the wall. "What's d' matter? Y' not feelin' well?"

[Talia] "Just....that was Bella??"

[Remy] Ahh. He moved up on the bed, draping himself alongside her, spooning happily. "Oui."

[Talia] She snuggled into him, but couldn’t feel comfortable. "She's pretty..."

[Remy] "Mmhmm...so?" He ran his fingers over her neck.

[Talia] "So??" She turned a bit to face him. "So she’s this girl you were in love with right? And now your gonna come down here for the summer and everything.."

[Remy] "Dat's d' point ain't it? She's d' girl dat I was in love wit'. As she said chere - years ago, an' we've both changed since den."

[Remy] He stroked her face tenderly. "Y're d' one dat Remy loves now. Bella's jus' old history." He smiled. "Sides which - d' girls gettin' married. Y' have nothin' t' worry about."

[Talia] She let out a sigh. "I dont think she liked me too much.."

[Remy] "Why d' y' think dat? She jus' talked t' me more, cause she knew me." he tapped her on the nose. "Y' got t' stop worrin' so much chere. Y're perfect d' way y' are. Don't matter what people think."

[Talia] She gave Remy a look, but decided to forgo more conversation and just cuddled closer. "Let's get some sleep then."

[Remy] "Y' want t' sleep?" he flashed her a slow smile, looking at her through his bangs. "Though y' had other things on y're mind chere?"

[Talia] "I promised your uncle I wouldn't wear you out," TJ smirked at him. "You trying to make a liar out of me?"

[Remy] "Think we can make an' exception in dis case."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Lmao! Paws, are we making sure no-one will be playing Bella Donna in the game? :smirk
Liked the instance. You could have added a tiny little smootch extra venom in Bella's lines. Just for the fun of it.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
Lmao! Paws, are we making sure no-one will be playing Bella Donna in the game? :smirk
Liked the instance. You could have added a tiny little smootch extra venom in Bella's lines. Just for the fun of it.
No one can! She ain't a mutant :P
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

LOL, oh you missed the whole convo about that – Wiki (didn’t check Marvel) has her listed as a mutant -- she’s maybe one of those ‘hey mutants are HOT so lets make all the characters mutants’ characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bella_Donna

Also, very cool instance guys -- you keep track of those NPCs so well and make them real characters too.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

HAH - this is why I was like "BELLA DONNA is MINE" in chat. And why I said wait a few hours and you'll know what I mean.

We'd already done the instance when you brought that whole debate up and that's why I was smacking my forehead through it - cause it was kinda already too late. :P

Paws
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Omg, I have like ESPN or something!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

There was a convo in chat?? About Bella and I missed it?? :bawl

She's totes not a mutant! She has "powers" but they come from Candra..all the assassins get power, and the thieves get long life...*flaunts knowledge*

I like Bella...and I did her subtely catty!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

See - this is exactly what I said in chat yesterday - but they have her listed as a mutant at marvel. DUMB!

Anyway - for all intents and purposes, she's just a girl in this RPG. :P.

Paws
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

It was sooo late when I got back home last night, so I didn't leave a comment otherwise it wouldn't have been coherent - but AWESOME job you guys! Brilliant as always.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro