01/15 Instance: If you go down to the woods today...

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

[Tom] Tom strolled through the woods early the morning. His leg was starting to itch again and walking kept his mind off of it.

[Tom] Looking around He could understand why the students preferred jogging along this path.

[Tom] Tom stopped at a large tree and leaned against it to rub his leg, the walk didn't much help today.

[Lizzie] Feet pounding on the ground, Lizzie pushed herself on, widing between trees and bushes. She didn't like to follow the same path as everyone else; making her own way was so much more fun. And, she needed to get rid of all her anger and frustration.

[Lizzie] Why Xavier had decided to pair her with the rat queen, she didn't see; he must have known they'd have clashed...It was inevitable, but seriously, if she got called a

[Lizzie] 'dyke' again, she was complaining. Scowling, she burst across the main path, looking to see if anyone was trying to walk along it.

[Tom] When Tom looked up somebody ran right in front of him out of the woods. His second glance at the person made him smile.

[Tom] "Hello prissy little Lizzie!" Tom said to the girl in front of him.

[Lizzie] "Wha -?" she gasped in suprise and whipped her head around, her hair obscuring whoever it was who had called out to her. An old....familiar name.

[Lizzie] Unable to see her way, her foot snagged a tree root and she tripped, slamming into the ground ahead of herwith a slight yelp of pain on impact.

[Tom] Tom took a few steps to the girl on the ground. "With wings like those I would have thought you would be more gracefull. Here," Tom held out his cane upside down for her to grab on to get up.

[Lizzie] Looking up, she narrowed her eyes, then they flew wide. "YOU!"

[Lizzie] Grabbing the cane she pulled herself up and faced him. She could not believe it.

[Tom] Tom just couldn't help but keep that smile on his face. "In the flesh. At least you grew a little since I last saw you. When did we last see eachother." He half said the last sentence to himself.

[Lizzie] "Not long ago enough," Lizzie crossed her arms across her chest and frowned at him. "So...that must mean you're the Tom from MySpace?" she asked, then felt her cheeks going red. Oh, fuck...

[Tom] Tom's grin showed more teeth this time, "Yes I am. And you were really rude to me you know."

[Lizzie] "Oh, because you are such a gentleman yourself!" she bristled. He had changed quite a lot since they'd been children, it must have been ten years since they'd last seen each other.

[Lizzie] Well...changed physically at least.

[Lizzie] "So..." she trailed off, unsure what to say. What did you say in these situations. "What happened to your leg?" she decided on at last.

[Tom] Tom looked down at his own leg. "I, err, my cricket bat exploded when I was 13. Pieces of it got stuck me'leg. And you? How have you been?"

[Lizzie] "Oh, fine. Went insane for a few years, but I'm improving. Got kicked out of my family though," she added lightly.

[Lizzie] "I'm sorry about your mother..." she said, a little more softly, looking down. "My mother heard about it through a friend of yours, and well - sorry."

[Lizzie] *friend of your family

[Tom] Tom nodded his head, "It, it's okay." Tom started walking along the path again, then turned back to Lizzie. "You coming? Standing still screws with my leg." Tom waited for her.

[Lizzie] Hesitating for a moment, she followed him. "This is bizarre. All those times on MySpace and I didn't even realise it..."

[Tom] "Not that bizarre, I had to look twice to make sure that was your photo. A person changes a lot in ten years." They were quiet for a while.

[Tom] "So you got kicked out of your family? You must have really done something bad in your mum's eyes to let that happen."

[Lizzie] "It...After I manifested, things got a bit intense. They ended up forcing me to come here in the end, and...We just couldn't see eye to eye. Didn't help I was less than well behaved. Now, they dont want to see I've changed and I dont want to apologise any more for what I've said sorry for already."

[Lizzie] Before continuing, she gave him a sideways glance. "My powers messed be up quite a bit and they tried the easy quick fix. It backfired big time. So...we were all to blame really, but you remember my mother...she would hardly admit it was her fault."

[Tom] Tom chuckled, "Last thing I remember of your mother is how she went nuts after I broke that bowl."

[Lizzie] "Heh. Well I did warn you..." she smiled across the path at him.

[Lizzie] "So...did you ever keep in touch with Andy?"

[Tom] "No, not really," Tom sighed, "Not since Mum died. I kinda went an' holed myself up in my room most of the time. Kind of lost touch with all my old friends."

[Tom] "How is Andy and Jamie doin'?" Tom looked up into the sky at a bird flying through the tree tops.

[Lizzie] "Andy, has become a complete twat. The family love him though..." she rolled her eyes heavily, thinking of her birthday. "He's at Cambrige university, doing really well, making the family proud," she added with a hint of sacrasm.

[Lizzie] "James is fine. I live with him in London now in the holidays. He's a photographer, a really good one."

[Tom] "I think I stood next to his work once. I'm pretty sure that was you on the bus shelter. Unless I'm mistaking. It's some kind of shoes, or trainers, what was it again?" Tom squinted his eyes trying to think of the name.

[Lizzie] Going flame red, she nodded. "Yeah. That was me," she squirmed awkwardly and looked at him again. He was bloody tall now....Typical.

[Tom] Tom turned his head to Lizzie, "Are you all right? You look a bit red. You really shouldn't work out that much, try and relax a bit. More people live longer when they enjoy life."

[Lizzie] Shaking her head she tried to hide a smile. "I need to take my mind off things. Life's a bit shit. Have you met that rat girl? I have to share a room with her and it's dire."

[Tom] "Sweet lord, I only had the pleasure of seeing her introduce herself on the first day, but, even then," Tom laughed, "you poor, poor girl." Tom finished his chuckle.

[Tom] "You know, it is nice meeting you again."

[Lizzie] "Yeah. You seem to have grown out of pulling my hair and pushing me in rivers to get me wet." she winked at him. It was still pretty surreal to be talking to him after the years.

[Lizzie] She couldnt even remember why their families had stopped spending summers together..

[Tom] "In my defense, I was really young and girls were kind of icky back then. But I'm glad I did do it. At least I left an impression." He was glad he met her again. She looked beautiful.

[Tom] "So you like it here?" Tom nodded in the direction of the mansion.

[Lizzie] "I do now. I hated it when I started here. Compared it too much to back home and my old boarding schools," she shrugged, stopping for a moment to adjust her hair. "Though, having said that, all the experience from boarding school did help somewhat!"

[Lizzie] "It can be kind of dead though, sometimes," she smiled. "And - you do get some funny ones. Like the rat girl. She's seriously beginning to annoy me...Keeps calling me dyke," she went a little red again, wondering what he'd make of that. He came from a pretty traditional family after all.

[Tom] "Haha! Dyke? You?" Tom's laughter quickly died down, "Now that ye mention it, do you have a boyfriend?"

[Lizzie] Raising her eyebrows she took a friendly swipe at him. "Cheeky!"

[Lizzie] "No, no boyfriend. No girlfriend either. Being bi actually seems to limit your options rather than open them!"

[Tom] "No boyfriend, what a shame." Tom rubbed his shoulder, "You sure you're not a, heh, a dyke, you hit pretty hard, you know." Tom glanced over his shoulder through the woods, then turned back to where they were going.

[Lizzie] Seeing him look back, she took a look herself to see what he was looking at, then looked back at him. "No, not a dyke I'm afraid, just bi."

[Lizzie] "And I had to learn to hit hard with my brothers about. And you!"

[Tom] "I'm pretty sure you threatened to kiss me when we were small, why can't you go back to that?"

[Tom] Tom could have sworn he heard something in the woods, but ignored it.

[Lizzie] "Oh, wait - what! No I never!" she gasped, almost outraged. "I think you'll find that was you!"

[Tom] "It was? Me, you, oh what's the difference, we were kids." Tom looked around again, "Did you hear that?"

[Lizzie] "Hear what?" she asked, straining to hear.

[Tom] "It sounded like a whisper, but I can't make out the words. Must have been the wind in the trees." Tom saw that they were nearing the end of the woods.

[Lizzie] "Maybe. There isn't too much wind about though," she said thoughtfully as they neared the edge of the tree line."So, do you like it here?"

[Tom] "It's nice. Bit unusual sharin' a room. Other day I woke up with a suitcase on top of me. Apparently some of you second years didn't know that you were changin' roommates."

[Lizzie] "No, well I didnt. Some people seemed to know, though. I wish they'd let us know sooner," she sighed heavily. "Seriously, it's a nightmare with my new one," she squeezed her eyes shut. "I'm going to go nuts. It's bad enough having to re-adjust my telepathic sheilding with all the new people around."

[Tom] Tom nodded, "Your," Tom tapped his own head, "telepathy, you really can hear everyone's thoughts?"

[Lizzie] "Yeah. Unless they have really good sheilds. And only if I'm going looking for the thoughts. Sometimes, I'll get random ones or overall emotions though, and that's why it can be hard - not many people know telepathy is real, so....they just let their thoughts hang loose, lke smoke and I get caught.

[Lizzie] "And...I'm not reading your thoughts. Don't worry," she gave him a warm smile. "You suprise me, Tommy. You haven't tried to put grass down the back of my shirt yet."

[Tom] "I've learned much self-control since we last met. You should see me handle grecian urns, I haven't dropped one in months. You mother would be proud of me."

[Tom] Shit, he probably shouldn't have mentioned her mother. He noticed they were nearing the mansion. "So you need someone to wash your back?" Tom grinned, hoping she would ignore the mother comment.

[Lizzie] She smiled faintly at the mother comment, then snorted slightly at the back one.

[Lizzie] "Ah, heh. No, I think I have that covered for now," she said, going a touch pink again. He had gotten pretty good looking. Damn, why did it have to be him? It was bad enough before when he was just a MySpace random, but she knew his guy!

[Tom] "Shame, maybe next time. I have to get clean myself though. That roommate of mine takes his time in the shower." Tom turned for the Mansion's doors, but stopped half way.

[Tom] "Almost forgot to tell you something. It's been bothering me since you stood up back in the woods." Tom moved closer to her, their lips almost touched and he could feel her breath on him. "There." He moved back and showed a leaf. "Was stuck in your hair."

[Tom] Tom made his way back through the doors and disappeared.

[Lizzie] Lizzie stood, wide eyed and breathed out heavily, not realising she'd been holding her breath so long. Well...That was...Nice....

[Lizzie] Feeling a little bit lightheaded, she made her own way back inside. This place would never fail to suprise her.

[Edited on 15-1-07 by littlebamf]
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

OOOOOOH! I love it. This is gonna be an interesting one to follow.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

OooooOOooooOOO! Awesome, guys! That was a total surprise, and niiice playah move with the leaf, lol!
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Awesome job! :nodyes What a spiffy twist and the leaf thing at the end was good.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Oooh, the possibilities are exciting. Good job, guys! A surprise waits at every turn.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

I'm not done but I had to comment here:
[Lizzie] "Yeah. You seem to have grown out of pulling my hair and pushing me in rivers to get me wet."
Oh no, it seems like he can think of all new ways to do that

Finished and OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Lizzie and Tommy sittin in a tree...and all that. Which helps with his wood powers. :naughty

SUPER SUPER cute. And agreed with the leaf move, very very smooth. Dammit, Lizzie needs some action!

[Edited on 16/1/0707 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
I'm not done but I had to comment here:
[Lizzie] "Yeah. You seem to have grown out of pulling my hair and pushing me in rivers to get me wet."
Oh no, it seems like he can think of all new ways to do that
Hah, I'm glad someone picked up on that ;)