1/15 Instance: Just Give Me The F!@#ing Pills

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Note: This instance is a follow-up to Speaking of Nightmares....

[Northstar] * Northstar leaned in and knocked on the doorframe. "Bonjour, Nurse... Annie, was it?"

[Northstar] "Can you dispense pills, mademoiselle?"

[Nurseannie] She turned at the voice. Now there was a loaded question. "You can just call me Annie."

[Nurseannie] He seemed polite, but nothing like cutting to the case...and given the problems she'd faced with others. "Why don't you come in and have a seat and tell me about what's bothering you and we'll go from there."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul cocked his head and sighed. There was a reason he hated medical people.

[Northstar] After a pause, he walked over and sat down. "Nothing serious, mademoiselle. I'm just having some trouble sleeping, so I need something to quiet me down. I'm sure my roommate wouldn't appreciate me waking him up every night."

[Nurseannie] "Oh?" She retrieved an otoscope and began examining him. "How long have you been having insomnia?"

[Northstar] * Northstar shrugged. "As long as I can remember. It kind of goes in phases, you know? I'll sleep well for a month then I'll just randomly wake up in the middle of the night every day of the next month."

[Nurseannie] "mmm..." She thumbed back his eyelids and then moved her hands down to check his throat. "Do you know what is waking you up? Noises? Are you uncomfortable?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul jumped when she touched his throat, then relaxed, brushing back his hair impatiently. "I just tend to move about a lot in my sleep. Last night I fell off the bed."

[Nurseannie] "You did? Did you injure yourself?" She stepped back and picked up his chart...which was unfortunately a mile thick already before he even came to the school and started making notes in it.

[Northstar] "It hurt my back quite a bit, but... I did fall. It's to be expected." So when did the medical questionnaire stop and the dispensing of pills begin?

[Nurseannie] She gave him an assessing look. "Shirt off, turn around." She began to prod at his back the minute he complied. "You should know that you need to see me with any medical concern as soon as possible."

[Northstar] * Northstar winced at the prodding. Her bedside manner definitely left something to be desired. "It didn't concern me. It's been years. But now I have someone else in the room, so I thought I should get it fixed up. Neh?"

[Nurseannie] She blinked. "You've been having this problem for years and you've never dealt with it? You need to be careful to get all the sleep that you can, you know."

[Nurseannie] She waited him to redress. "You need to pinpoint the reason that you are waking up. If you need a different mattress, we can supply that. If your room is too light, we can get you darkening blinds. "

[Nurseannie] "But its better to deal with the cause of the problem...no point in throwing pills at you if we can just get you a less lumpy mattress."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul ground his teeth slightly. "Well, in the meantime, will you help me or not? I don't get any sleep if I leave every night so I don't wake my roommate." This was the reason he hated medical people. They were so damn nosy and authoritative.

[Nurseannie] She folded her arms and stared at him. "You have a complicated history. I'm not going to just throw pills at you like they are tictacs without a good reason."

[Nurseannie] "The first thing that we promise to do is to do no harm." She flipped open his chart again. "Are you continuing to take the previous prescriptions you've received? Are there any new ones I need to be worried about?"

[Northstar] * Northstar frowned. "Doesn't seem complicated to me; I have a sleeping disorder, so I get sleeping--"

[Northstar] Just then, her last words filtered through his annoyance and he felt a finger of ice touch his spine. "Prescriptions? I'm not taking any prescriptions."

[Nurseannie] She narrowed her eyes at him. "You aren't taking them? You know how important that it is to keep up with them. You can't just drop them willy nilly if you feel like it." She set his chart down and looked at him with concern.

[Nurseannie] "You need to look after yourself better, Jean-Paul, or its just going to get worse."

[Nurseannie] She tapped her fingernail on the top sheet. "It says here that you had a Dr. Steinbeck prescribe you enough meds to last you at least another four months. Haven't you filled that one?"

[Northstar] Oh, Crisse. She knew. How did she... "Hold on. Arrête. Stop. What is that?"

[Northstar] He pointed at the manila folder she set down. "What is that? Is that my chart? How did you get my chart? I didn't sign anything giving you my chart."

[Nurseannie] She looked at him funnily. "You were a minor, Jean-Paul. And its of the utmost importance that we do know your back ground. This is serious. And we keep everything in the highest confidence."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul couldn't believe this. "Answer my question! How did you get my... that's... an invasion of privacy! That's...... not fair," he finished lamely.

[Northstar] "You know what? Never mind. I'll find something over the counter that's strong enough. I don't need this." He hopped down and headed for the door.

[Nurseannie] "Jean-Paul. Please wait." She sighed and sat down in her chair, waving a hand at a seat opposite her. "Considering your complicated history, I'm suprised that you wouldn't want to share this information. You need careful monitoring."

[Nurseannie] "Dr. Xavier retrieved the files for all the students. I didn't question that."

[Northstar] * Northstar turned slowly. "Monitoring? Ha. Haha, no. No, I think not."

[Northstar] He pointed at her. "You... and your boss are nosy enough. And this is none of your business."

[Nurseannie] "I am responsible for the health of the students at the school. So it is my concern."

[Nurseannie] "Why don't you want treatment? Or is it just myself that you take issue with?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul shook his head. "Don't flatter yourself. I am taking the pills. I can do this myself; I'm not an idiot."

[Northstar] "My only issue is that you and your boss snooped into my private life, unasked and uninvited. All I wanted was something to help me sleep better." He crossed his arms.

[Nurseannie] "But yet, you come to me to prescribe you drugs that may interact with your existing medications. Can you not understand why that would be dangerous?"

[Nurseannie] "And I'm honestly sorry if you feel that we infringed on your privacy. Please understand though that we did not do this out of any intent to spy on you, but simply to care for you and make sure that you were safe."

[Nurseannie] "I'm very glad to hear that you've been continuing with the treatments though. That is very good news." She smiled at him.

[Northstar] * Northstar was not placated. "Well, would they interact? I'll give you that; that could be a problem."

[Northstar] But as for your supposedly altruistic motives, I don't care for them. In my experience, altruism doesn't exist. I can keep myself safe."

[Nurseannie] Oh jeeze. Why did she take this job again? She gave him a dead pan look. "No. Of course I went in it for the warm fuzzies that my patients constantly bestow on me."

[Nurseannie] "And, to answer your questions, yes...I'd have a concern with some of the drugs." she stood up an went to the cupboard. "You have to watch over the counter medicines as well. They can react just as easy."

[Nurseannie] She filled a vial, and hand wrote out a label for it. "However, these should help you for a short term measure. Take two right before bed. Those will last you a month. If you are still having trouble at that point, despite making changes, I expect to see you back here."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul took the vial. "I'll bet you do," he said drily, and headed for the door.

[Nurseannie] "Oh...Jean-Paul? One last thing." She reached into her drawer and pulled out a couple of boxes, placing them firmly in his hand. "There you go dear. I have a reputation to maintain."

[Northstar] * Northstar rolled his eyes. "Annie, was it? As I said, Annie, I'm not a complete idiot." He set the boxes down and patted his back pocket. "Never go anywhere without out them. I can take care of myself."

[Northstar] He sighed in annoyance and walked out, shaking his head.

[Edited on 16/1/0707 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

LOL the boxes were the cherry on the cake
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

And Annie strikes again! It's like an OCD of hers.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

:shifty

And he get's boxes? Jeez Annie, play favorites much?
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Well... it's Jean-Paul. Come on, now. He's got a reputation by now.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

LOL! Well, now that everyone's back I hope she bought in bulk.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro