01/16 Instance: Mind the Sap

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

[Elizabeth] Pacing around by the edge of the woods, Lizzie took a few cautious glances around before heading into the trees, settling herself underneath one and pulled her phone out, dialling Warren's number by memory, hoping he wasn't busy or anything...

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sat up suddenly and almost fell off Ray's couch. What was that? When his phone rang again he grabbed it. "Hello?"

[Elizabeth] "Hey, Warren?" she sat up slightly. "I didn't call at a bad time, did I?"

[TheFallen] Warren yawned slightly. "No, I'm good. What's up?"

[Elizabeth] "Heh. Apart from the obvious?" she smiled ruefully and started plucking up grass. "I can't believe they're making me share a room with that cow."

[Elizabeth] "Did you see her response to what you said on my blog? She's foul. I know, I'm not exactly giving her a chance to be nice to me, but some of the things she's coming out with to me on there are disgusting." Lizzie wrinkled her nose. "And her mess in the room is spreading to my side now."

[TheFallen] "Ugh." The Fallen shuddered. "I don't envy you one bit. Want me to go down there and instill the fear of God in her? I promise, it wouldn't be too stressful. They do say laughter is the best medicine."

[Elizabeth] Laughing slightly, she smiled. "Don't put yourself to any bother. It would be great to see you again though. I think I'm going to have to go see Xavier about her though. She said I should go back to boarding school and munch carpets," she said in a rush, her stomach twisting in a sick knot.

[TheFallen] Warren sighed and rubbed his temple. "God, I hate those sorts of people. All you can really do, aside from killing her, is be happy in the fact that karma will do her in."

[Elizabeth] "I guess. It's just, she's messy and not just in a untidy way, real dirt, she's obviously prejudiced, and there are rats all over!" she groaned and slumped on her side. "Sorry, I'm going on now, it coud be worse, really. There's always worse out there..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded. "Yeah. Though it's hard to imagine it sometimes." Warren stood up slowly and stretched, holding the phone against his ear with his shoulder.

[TheFallen] He headed for the kitchen to get tea. "What else is up?" Judging by her record, she probably wasn't just calling about the rat...

[Elizabeth] "Oh, nothing...bad." She blushed, squirming. "I met one of the other 'new' students. The Irish guy..."

[Elizabeth] "This is so weird - I know him! From about ten, twelve years ago - our families used to spend summers together and he put grass down my dress and pulled my hair."

[Elizabeth] "I just...didn't recognise him from his MySpace."

[TheFallen] Warren raised an eyebrow. "Tom? Sounds like he was one of your fans. Is he still?"

[Elizabeth] "He asked if I needed help washing my back..." she said in an embarassed tone. "I don't know! It was just so surreal!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen almost laughed out loud; he settled with a dry chuckle. "What was surreal? The fact that you saw him again or the fact he still liked you?"

[TheFallen] "You shouldn't have been surprised he still liked you. You're a pretty girl, Elizabeth, and more importantly, you're a beautiful person."

[Elizabeth] "Oh my GOD. WARREN!" Lizzie shrieked slightly, pulling the phone away from her so she wouldnt burst his ear drum.

[Elizabeth] "And he didn't like me as kids, he used to push me in the river and put mud in my sandwiches!" she wailed in a slightly quieter tone, redder than ever. Where the hell had he just sprung that from?

[TheFallen] Warren rolled his eyes. "Honestly, Lizzie, you're not that naive. You know people, you know how they think."

[TheFallen] He grabbed the kettle and hissed as he burned himself and dropped it. "And don't mind the sap. I'm very tired today; I'm sure I'll be my normal abrasive self by tomorrow morning. Ray's a bad influence on me."

[Elizabeth] "I know how people think! But you're not meant to think like that! You've never..." she trailed off, still blushing. She had never even thought for a second he'd ever say anything like that.

[Elizabeth] "How is Ray, anyway?" she asked, smoothly changing the conversation. "You having a good time up there?"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen raised an eyebrow. "He's good. He always is. It's an enviable attribute."

[TheFallen] "He had a small run-in with a... sorceror, or djinn, or something," he waved his hands vaguely, forgetting he couldn't see him over the phone, "but he talks about it like he misplaced his mail."

[Elizabeth] "....What?" she blinked. "But that's good, about the positive attitude thing! Heaven help us it might rub off on out and you'd start smiling and petting puppies in the street and singing!"

[TheFallen] Warren blinked. "Yeaaaaah.... that's not going to happen."

[TheFallen] "So how are you doing with the other new kids? What are they like?"

[Elizabeth] "I haven't really spoken to them. They generally seem alright, a little insane, but then so were we," she shrugged.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen scratched his neck. "True. I ought to look at them all on MySpace."

[TheFallen] "Seems like almost all of us have a 'significant other' at the moment; I wonder if the first-years are going to follow in our footsteps."

[Elizabeth] Lizzie shrugged. "Probably. But speak for yourself, I dont have anyone." she said, almost sadly. "And don't even say anything about Tom..." she sighed, rubbing her forehead. "He's set himself up already as a player on the spaces and no matter how attractive and sweet talking he is I dont need that"

[TheFallen] Warren shrugged. "Well, I won't comment on him if you don't want me to, but it'd be good for you to find somebody." He hesitated, having the feeling he was touching a nerve. "At least, I think so. I hear you're teaching a class this year?"

[Elizabeth] "You hear?" she grinned. The man had a memory like a sieve. "I'm helping out Rankin in the Danger Room with the first year's training as there are so many of them."

[Elizabeth] "And yes, it would be pretty damn good to find someone, but..." she trailed off, unsure of what to say now.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smirked. "Well, then, all you have to do is have the rat fink run laps until she keels. You'd be guilty of wanting her to get in shape, nothing more."

[Elizabeth] "Sounds good to me," Lizzie said with a short laugh. "You sound really well, you know. I'm glad."

[TheFallen] Warren nodded. "Yeah, I'm feeling... better. Kind of useless, kind of bored, but that's to be expected. I'll find something to do, I'm sure."

[Elizabeth] "Just no blowing things up, you!" she warned playfully. "That crosses the boundaries!"

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sighed and shuffled back to the couch. "Yeah, yeah. I know. Though I might make one last batch of C-4 to stuff in that rat's bedframe, if you don't mind."

[Elizabeth] "I wouldn't mind that at all, if it makes you happy," she grinned. "Just give me warning so I can clear my stuff out of the room first!"

[Elizabeth] "Did...you hear about Vic? He got dragged off by the police, they say he murdered someone..." she said suddenly, in a low voice. "Poor Rahne is so...she and him got it together finally, and now...it's just so unfair..."

[TheFallen] Warren blinked. "What? No, I hadn't heard..." he thought for a second. "Do you know where he was taken?"

[Elizabeth] "Probably extradited back to London. He was taken away by English police from Scotland Yard. I just can't believe he'd murder someone..." she shook her head sadly.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen shook his head. "No. He wouldn't." He didn't know how he knew; he just did.

[Elizabeth] "So, that was a nice start back," she smiled weakly. "I wasn't much of an example though. I slammed the door in the face of the police and almost went to psi-blade them..."

[TheFallen] "Heh. Well, sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, and when something so blatantly unfair happens..." He shrugged.

[Elizabeth] "Mmm," she stood up from the ground and leant against the tree, feeling a little lightheaded and breathed in sharply.

[Elizabeth] Blinking quickly, she rubbed her eyes. "Yeah...It's just so unfair...I mean, poor Rahne. Poor Vic. I can only imagine what he's going though."

[TheFallen] "Yeah," Warren agreed distractedly. "Are you all right there?"

[Elizabeth] "I'm okay," she said, maybe a little too off-handedly as she shook her head. She felt really light. "I skipped breakfast and it's catching up with me."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen frowned. "Take care of yourself, Elizabeth. You do have to eat, and you don't want to make me go down there and forcefeed you."

[Elizabeth] "I know...And I dont want to worry you. I'm fine. The kitchen was just a little bit full, and then I got distracted and...well, it's different being back here to being at James." she hazarded, wondering if he'd take that.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen nodded, unconvinced. "Well, take time out of your superhero lifestyle to eat, or you won't be a superhero for long."

[Elizabeth] "Okay. Promise?" she said hopefully then winced when she realised she had made it into a question. "It's just been busy getting back into things here and everything, and I said to soem of the new telepaths I'd help them with sheilds and stuff and..." she trailed off looking down.

[Elizabeth] "I never realised there were so many more people with my gift."

[TheFallen] Warren slumped on the couch. "Well, you can't do everything. They'll understand if you take some time to yourself; for heaven's sake. Normal teenagers need lots of food and rest, and none of us are normal."

[Elizabeth] "I don't want to sit around though. And rest? In my room?" she pulled a face. "I think that's going to be easier said than done."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen rolled his eyes and sighed. Stubborn Lizzie. "No, no it's not. You're not busy right now; you're on the phone with me. While I'm certain that's enjoyable, you can call me anytime."

[TheFallen] "So here's what you're going to do. You're going to say, 'Bye, Warren', you're going to hang up the phone, and you're going to make yourself something and get some downtime. No arguments."

[TheFallen] "So with that in mind... bye, Lizzie!" He grinned wickedly.

[Elizabeth] "War-ren!" she wailed. "But I wanted to say to you that I -" rolling her eyes she decided it was probably pointless.

[Elizabeth] "Bye, Fallen!" she quipped.

[TheFallen] Warren grinned. "Take care!" he commanded and closed the phone.

[Elizabeth] Snapping her phone shut, she stuffed it in her pocket and leant against the tree. She didn't know if she felt better for that call....or more confused.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

aww. what good friends!

You know...I was thinking that too. How do 8-10 yr old boys show a girl they like them? Hey lizzie? :P

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Bah, girls are icky.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Awww that's super cute! Warren's such a good friend ;)
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Awww, the softer side of Warren… And yep indeedy, hair pulling is like an engagement at 10. ;)