01/16 Instance: The Brits are Invading!!

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

[Elizabeth] Sitting down at the table with a sandwich, Lizzie rubbed her forehead, then started to pick at the crusts of her sandwich aimlessly. She didn't feel that hungry, but she didnt feel like being force fed by Warren.

[Elizabeth] At least there wasn't anyone else about, she thought with a sigh of relief.

[PeteWisdom] Pete came down, whistling some nameless tune (or at least no name he could remember).

[PeteWisdom] He caught a glimpse of a girl at the table, but he was more concerned with some sort of drink stronger than water.

[PeteWisdom] He popped open the fridge and rummaged around, finally coming out with some sort of soda.

[Elizabeth] Glancing up at the sound of someone whislting far louder than necissary, Lizzie glared slightly at the young man who entered the kitchen. He must have been a first year, but she couldnt place him from anywhere like MySpace.

[Elizabeth] Rolling her eyes, she returned her attention back to her sandwich, picking at it unenthusiastically.

[PeteWisdom] He opened a few of the cupboards and finally found some 'corn chips' and tossed them down on the table before sitting down a few seats down from the girl.

[PeteWisdom] "Is this what passes for crisps in your country?" The other girls had seemed to like his accent, maybe that would work here too...

[Elizabeth] Lizzie's head jerked up at the very familiar, almost comforting accent that just sounded so...homey.

[Elizabeth] "I...have some Walkers crisps if you'd prefer the real deal," she said slowly and stood up to cross over to the cupboard where she hid her food.

[PeteWisdom] Pete had to hide his own surprise. Another English student, and a fit one at that.

[PeteWisdom] "Yeah, I'll take some Walkers. Didn't know there was anyone from back across the pond here."

[Elizabeth] "What flavour?" she asked, pulling out a half empy multi packet of crisps.

[PeteWisdom] "Smoky bacon, if you have it."

[Elizabeth] "There are a few of us...I'm from the south of England, Rahne's from Scotland and Vic..." she trailed off, looking down. She blinked, then pulled a packet of smoky bacon out of the bag and threw it over.

[PeteWisdom] He caught the bag and split it open. He really should have stocked up before he flew over.

[PeteWisdom] "South of England, huh? That's where I'm from, too."

[Elizabeth] "Oh you don't say," Lizzie rolled her eyes. "So...I'm being rude. I'm Elizabeth, but most people call me Lizzie or Liz," she held her hand out to him and smiled.

[PeteWisdom] He stood up and took her hand. "Pete. Pete Wisdom."

[Elizabeth] "Nice to meet you Pete. How are you liking it here?" she asked polietly, dropping his hand. He was oddlt familiar, she thought as she looked at him more carefully.

[Elizabeth] "Where...abouts do you come from in the South, then?"

[PeteWisdom] "I like it here fine so far. At least most of the natives seem to speak the Queen's English."

[PeteWisdom] "I come from a little north of central London, Camden." Had he seen her somewhere before? Nah.

[Elizabeth] Her face broke into a grin. Why? Why her? "That makes us almost neighbours! I live with my brother near Regents' Park." she folded her arms on the table and looked at him again. Yep. She'd probably seen him all throughout summer and not even known it.

[PeteWisdom] "Regent's Park? Not bad. My place was in King's Cross, but I spent most of my time in the Market."

[PeteWisdom] "Ever been to Chop Chop? Great noodle bar." Maybe he had seen her somewhere before... but something was different.

[Elizabeth] She burst out laughing at this and had to wipe her eyes. "This isn't fucking happening..."

[Elizabeth] "I spent pretty much all my time in the market, though not so much this year and I was always with my friend. Christ..." she started to laugh again, then sat back in her seat.

[Elizabeth] "Sorry...Just a lot of ghosts are rising up to say hello right now and it's very odd. One of the guys in your class - our families spent summers together when we were kids, now...another market rat....Funny old world, eh?"

[PeteWisdom] "Funny old world it is, at that. You had purple hair, right?"

[Elizabeth] "Yes!" she gasped and sat up, clapping a hand oer her mouth. This was too bizarre!

[PeteWisdom] "Don't remember me? Can't say I'm surprised. Hold on."

[PeteWisdom] He stood up and mussed his hair a bit, stuck an unlit fag in his mouth and leaned against the wall with his head down, then nodded in her general direction. "Hey."

[Elizabeth] "Oh my GOD!" she squealed with laughter, almost becoming hysterical. "You hung out down by the lock market!" she sprang up from the table messed her own hair up out of it's pony tail and look on a slightly poserish stance.

[PeteWisdom] He kind of kicked away from the wall and managed to shove a few words out of the side of his mouth, trying to be too cool, "What's up?"

[Elizabeth] She raised her eyebrows and cast him a snooty look. "Do I know you?" she asked, trying not to laugh. This was bizarre! Even weirder than that day with Tom!

[PeteWisdom] He managed a shrug, trying to look all the world like he didn't care. "Don't think so. Why, you want to?" He glanced at her out of the corner of his eye, pleased he remembered that particular day so well.

[Elizabeth] Breaking out of the act to try and remember what she had said next, Lizzie bit her lip and giggled. "Speak for yourself..?" she hazarded, unsure.Or had she asked him for a cigarette. "Give me a fag and maybe you will."

[PeteWisdom] He didn't move when she messed up a bit, but then winked after she asked for the fag. He mutely pulled one out of the pack and 'lit' it off of his, then passed it over.

[PeteWisdom] "...and that, of course, is where I got too shy and basically ran away." He laughed. "You must have been so impressed."

[Elizabeth] "Well, it didnt bother me, I got one of these," she held up the cigarette. "But...I don't smoke these days," she added and passed it back to him.

[PeteWisdom] He took it back and put both the cigarettes back in the pack. "Really? Well, you're a better person than me then. But if you ever needed one, let me know. I won't tell anyone, promise."

[Elizabeth] She smiled. "I doubt that, but I'll bear you in mind all the same," she said with a nod and crossed back to the table, smoothing her hair back and looking at him over her shoulder. Why was this happening to her with these blasts from her past?

[PeteWisdom] "So, how do you like this place so far? I hear we're all ... what was the word - mutants? ... here."

[Elizabeth] "Oh, well I've been here since last October, so I'm used to it now. It's pretty good. I did hate it at first, but...If you give it all a chance, it's the best, really."

[Elizabeth] "And, yeah, we're all special here!" Lizzie said with a smile and raised her fist, her psi-blade shooting up around her clenched hand. "I have mind powers...Telepathy, psi-blots, and this blade. It can fry your every synapse!"

[PeteWisdom] His eyes widened a bit in surprise, but he quickly recovered. "Why is it that all the birds here seem to have very ... potentially painful abilities?"

[Elizabeth] "Haha! Female perrogative!" she said smugly and dropped her blade. "So, Mister Wisdom. I showed you mine. Now, what brings you here?" she began to eat her half forgotten sandwich absently.

[PeteWisdom] Suddenly almost shy, "Well, I'm not too good with it yet, but if you really want..."

[PeteWisdom] He held out his left hand, index finger pointed upward and concentrated. He gritted his teeth as some smoke started wisping off his finger.

[Elizabeth] Slightly alarmed at the look on his face, she leant forward and put a hand on his right wrist. "Don't, not if it hurts you," she said in a half soothing, half panicked voice. He didnt look so good.

[PeteWisdom] He hissed as a hot knife flared around his finger for a moment, then disappeared. He took a couple of deep breaths and forced a smile. "Told you I wasn't too good with it yet. Got any ice?" His finger looked red and raw, like he'd set it on a hot stove for a few seconds.

[Elizabeth] Patting his wrsit she nodded and got up from the table and got some ice from the freezer, wrapping it in a cloth and taking it back to him.

[Elizabeth] "Don't worry about being no good. I couldn't control anything I did when I started. And you dont ned your power for everything. Like, maths, history, fitness - I help teach that, by the way," she said with a wink.

[PeteWisdom] He took the ice and set it over his finger with a sigh of relief. "Great, it's been a couple years since I've been to school. And you don't really expect me to be in a fitness class, do you?"

[Elizabeth] "Everyone has to," she said with a wry grin. "I hated it at first too, but it's a good class and there are some really good teachers here too."

[PeteWisdom] "As long as I don't have to use my power, I guess I'll be fine. Anyone here I need to look out for? I tried asking Xavier, but he had this whole 'oh everyone here is great!' thing going."

[Elizabeth] "Oh...Well...If anyone says anything bad about a guy called Vic, the one who got arrested, don't listen. He's a great guy," she said with a wave of her hand. "Erm, I share a room with a nightmare called Shaz, who's a chav from Liverpool. She talks to rats and the room is waist dep in her rubbish."

[Elizabeth] Crinkling her nose at the thought, she pushed her hair behind her ears and went on. "All of my year are pretty cool really. Most of them are paired off and really happy together...And, your class...I haven't seen many of you yet, but they seem okay."

[Elizabeth] "Just dont believe a word Tom tells you! He was a bloody fibber when we were kids and he probbaly hasn't changed!" she laughed, but with a touch of bitterness to it, and looked at him across the table. Hopefully she didnt have anything in her hair.

[PeteWisdom] He nodded. "So, Tom's from England then? Seems like we've got a whole embassy here."

[Elizabeth] "Tom? No, he's a Paddy," Lizzie shook her head and propped her chin on one of her hands.

[PeteWisdom] "And apparently my roommate is some bloke named John, and I share a bathroom with Shiro and ... Erik, I think?"

[PeteWisdom] "A paddy, eh? I'll make sure he knows I'm not after his lucky charms, then."

[Elizabeth] "John? Oh, my god! He's...I suppose he's...well, he made a very bad first impression on us! On his first day I broke this cup and he just backflipped off the table and yanked out this fucking knife!"

[Elizabeth] "He had about fifteen of the things! Apparently the cup breaking sounded like a window getting smashed and it startled him," she rolled her eyes. "They took away his knives though. Shrio is an alright guy. A man of few words, but he's cool and Erik is a first year."

[PeteWisdom] "Well." He thought a moment. "I'll just have to sleep light then. I have met a couple of the other first years. Sharon, I think. Her and Laura were there the day I got here."

[PeteWisdom] "Sharon's ..." he searched for a good word. "Frigid."

[PeteWisdom] "And Laura..." He trailed off, not quite sure how to describe her. "She's very American, I guess."

[Elizabeth] "Isn't she Howlett's sprog?" Lizzie asked, taking another bite of her sandwich and contemplating things. "Well, we are in America, dearie! And, in case you haven't guessed I am this school's main supplier of British imports. Tea, crisps, chocolate, I can get it!"

[PeteWisdom] "Yeah, she said she was a teacher's kid." He raised one of the bacon crisps in a sort of salute. "To life in the colonies."

[Elizabeth] Dropping her sandwich she reached across and snagged one of the remaining crisps and bumped it against his. "Life in the colonies!"

[Edited on 17-1-07 by littlebamf]
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Good Lord, Lizzie knows everyone! Those Brits get around!

Good work, guys.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

LMAO! Very cute guys.

And yes. Sharon IS frigid. :P

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Britian is a very small place apparently :shifty

Awesome instance!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

“Colonies.” Teehee! Very cool, guys – and Lizzie did get around apparently!