01/21 Instance: Sweet Dreams

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

[Elizabeth] Curling her legs up to her chest under the blanket, Lizzie squeezed her eyes shut and tried to drift off to sleep. It was weird how comfy the sofas in the rec room were during the day and how uncomfortable they were in the night. Better than her rat infested room...

[Elizabeth] Turning over, her thougts more and more hazy as she slowly fell asleep, she wondered if she'd need another jab...

[Tom] Tom came in the recroom from the kitchen, a packet of Walkers crisps and a bottle of water in his free hand.

[Tom] He sat in one of the chairs and turned on the telly, flipping through the channels he noticed the human sized lump on the couch next to him.

[Tom] Ignoring the lump he went on with his insomnia, opening the crisps making quite a racket of it too.

[Elizabeth] The warm fuzzy blanket of sleep was ripped away and replaced by the sound of babbling, laughing voices from the television and someone ripping open some crisps, crunching loudly. Why? Why her? She burrowed down, trying to drown it out but it was impossible.

[Elizabeth] Sitting upright, she looked out for the offender, tears of frustration in her eyes. "Can you not make such a fucking racket!" she bawled, thumping the back of the sofa in annoyance.

[Elizabeth] Then she noticed it was Tom. Now, that was just peachy. She turned around and hid her face, not looking at him.

[Tom] Tom froze in mid-chew, a bit shocked at Lizzie's sudden outburst. He swallowed, "I could but then I wouldn't have someone to keep me company."

[Tom] "Want some crisps? Somebody forgot a packet of Walkers in the back of one of the kitchen cupboards. It's still fresh too, so it can't be that old." He held the packet out to her, half hoping she would pull her face out of the blanket.

[Elizabeth] Crisps? Last...Whirling around to face him her face went red. "I know they were the last fucking packet because it was my last fucking packet!" she dropped her head again and tried to breath through the tears. Couldn't she just get some peace?

[Tom] "Hmm." He hummed to himself. retracting the packet back he stuck some more crisps in his mouth and started changing the channel again. NBC, CNBC, MoJo, ABC, Fox, so many choices, yet so little to watch. He left the channel on an old Everybody lovers Raymond rerun. "What's wrong?" he asked the lumpy blanket.

[Elizabeth] "I'm trying to fucking sleep," she muttered through gritted teeth and her knees in a growl.

[Tom] "I meant, what are you doing down here in the rec-room Lizzie." He said in a slow voice.

[Elizabeth] "Trying to sleep!"

[Tom] "I don't want to be a wet blanket, but I'm pretty sure you bed would be more comfortable then what you're lying in now." Tom shifted in his seat and looked at Lizzie, half her leg was sticking out. He took a chance and prodded it with his cane.

[Elizabeth] She jerked violently and drew her leg up to her chest, wrapping her arms around her knees. "My bed has a fucking rat running around in it. I got scratched again."

[Elizabeth] "And I just...I just wanted some peace," she said dejectedly, wiping her eyes.

[Tom] "Well if you wanted peace that badly, you could always claim Scott's bed as yours. He's not using it anymore."

[Elizabeth] "You know? I'm actually desparate to get some undisturbed sleep that I might consider it..." she rubbed the back of her neck tiredly.

[Tom] Tom stared at her rubbing her neck, all groggily. He got up, "Shift over," he said then didn't even made sure she had pulled her legs away, and sat next to her.

[Tom] "I can tell you that I'm not going anywhere, so you could either wake up and go upstairs to my room, or you could try and sleep here. And I promise I won't do anythin'."

[Tom] He looked at her, tilting his head half, lifting his eyebrows, waiting for a response.

[Elizabeth] She cast him a slightly dubious look, chewing her lip. "Does...Scott's old bed still have blankets on?"

[Elizabeth] "And anyway...I'm too tired at the moment to go upstairs, just yet." she smiled sleepily and rested her head against the back of the sofa.

[Tom] He looked at how she was lying, her looked like it was in an uncomfortable angle. Tom scootched closer to her, lifted his arm over her and shifted it between her head and the couch. "Trust me, my arm's more comfortable than the couch. "

[Tom] "I slept liked that on many chairs, and everytime I woke up with a sore muscle in my neck."

[Elizabeth] Shuffling slightly to allow his arm freedom of movement, she gave up and droped her head on to his shoulder, shifting closer to him. "Thanks. Sorry I yelled when you came in earlier."

[Tom] "No worries, I was being a jerk." Tom turned the volume lower.

[Elizabeth] "Yeah...but I give you a hard time...sorry. I'm just a little suspisious of people. I've been....Life hasn't exactly been kind."

[Tom] "But at least things always get better in the end." Tom scratched his chin. "It's Karma, or sort of like it. If something bad happens to you, in the end, you'll get something back to make up for what had happened."

[Elizabeth] "I'm owed a lot then..." she said in a quiet voice, playing with the edge of the blanket.

[Tom] "What do you think you'll get then? A nice tennis racket? A full set of cutlery? Maybe some nice stinky cheese." Tom smiled. Frasier started on the telly.

[Elizabeth] "Someone who loves me...?" she sighed, then went a little red, turning her face away.

[Tom] Tom sighed at that last option Lizzie mentionedn then turned his head to look at her. "You act so macho, but you are a true romantic at heart. Unfortunately you only show that side of you at," Tom looked at his watch trying to make out the numbers in the dark, "half past one in the morning."

[Elizabeth] "Is it? I thought it was later," she commented lightly.

[Elizabeth] "But I've had to act 'macho'. What happened last semester...I needed to be strong for my friends and it's just....hard to lose the act."

[Tom] "Last semester? What happened?"

[Elizabeth] "There was some....trouble, with another group of mutants and we ended up in a big fight, trying to stop them from blowing up a lab. A lot of us got hurt and I was sort of in charge of us..." she winced a little. "I still have a scar on my shoulder from it. It won't go."

[Elizabeth] She shifted her pyjama camisole top to expose the back of her shoulder so he could see the white spiral left by Jono. "It could have been a lot worse, but an angel had my back."

[Tom] Tom stared at Lizzie's beautiful smooth skin, he wing tattoos and then her scar. "Then you're lucky, not everyone has a personal gaurdian angel."

[Elizabeth] "Well, I take my turn to be his guardian angel, but I am lucky to have him as a friend all the same," she smiled over her shoulder at him.

[Tom] Tom wished he could have seen more of her, but she turned back. "Rhetorical question, what if, say, an old friend asked you out for a dinner, would you go with said friend?"

[Elizabeth] Wriggling a little, she shrugged. "It depends what was on the menu... she stole a glance at him and wished she hadn't, going red. Why did he have to have gotten so good looking? And there really wasn't enough space on the sofa...

[Tom] "Oh", he nodded slightly, "These other mutants that you were in a fight with, were they part of Xavier's Uni?"

[Elizabeth] "No....why, does it matter?"

[Tom] "No, no, just curious..." they went silent for a while.

[Tom] "Would you like to have some dinner with me later this week?"

[Elizabeth] "This...um, I don't think I have anything planned. Where? Do I need to dress up? I'll probably have to go buy something new to wear, mot of my dressy stuff is back in London. Dinner?" she gabbled, suddenly quite awake and very on the spot.

[Tom] Tom stared at her ranting. "Tell you what, I'll answer every question when the time comes to answer them. But now, you look like shit." Tom stood up and pulled her blanket off her. "Come on, you're sleeping in Scott's bed, and don't worry, there is more blankets and pillows and whatever you need."

[Elizabeth] "Are you sure?" she asked, suddenly chilly now she no longer had her blanket. "This'll look well dodgy in the morning," she sighed and picked up her bag of clothes from next to the sofa.

[Tom] "Please, with all the other students moving rooms, pairing up guys and girls, it would look dodgy if you didn't sleep in another guy's room."

[Tom] "Besides I won't tell anyone, if you won't tell anyone. I won't be sleeping tonight, slept all day."

[Elizabeth] Geeting up on rbbery legs, she looked at him cautiously, folding her arms around herself, fully consious of her thin nightclothes now. "So, what will you be doing then?" she asked, her cheeks a little red as she tried not to stare at him.

[Tom] I'll be down here finishing your crisps and watching garbage." He held the door open for her, "Oh, I think you might like what I did with Scott's bed."

[Elizabeth] Nodding slowly she started to drift towards the door, then went back to him. "I...thanks, Tom." Giving him a smile, she fiddled slightly with the hem of her top. "So...well, if you do come up, just....don't be too loud? Please?"

[Tom] "Be as quiet as a mouse." Tom smiled

[Elizabeth] "Alright. Thanks again, I really appreciate it," she leaned over and tentatively patted his shoulder gently.

[Tom] Tom took her hand and leaned even closer to her. He brought her hand to his mouth and kissed her palm, holding it for a slight while then letting her go. "Sleep Tight."

[Tom] He turned back into the recroom, half closing the door behind him.

[Elizabeth] "N-night...." she half whispered, unsure if she still had the use of her legs and made her way to the stairs, keeping her eyes on the rec room door.

[Elizabeth] Now, to find out just what he had done to Scott's bed and she hoped she wasn't right...
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:naughty
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Ooooh. Very tantalizing!

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

OMGGGGGGGG Shipping SO hard right now!!!

SO GOOD!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

I agree with Nacht! GO Lizzie/Tom!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
Scumfish
Navigator
Navigator
Title: SCP-3068
Nightscrawlearth Character: :selene :mayhem :icarus :warren :sabretooth

Post by Scumfish »

SHIP!! SHIPNESS!!!

....if he breaks her heart he is a dead man, rod or not. DED.
Those who know, don't say; those who don't, say too much.

Aodhfionn 'Fianna' MacDuibh's Character Blog (for Nightscrawler's RPG)

My (NSFW) Art/General Blog || My Trans Blog || My (SFW-ish) Art