1/27 Instance: Sweet talk (and hello Rachel)

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Kitty] "Hi Sharon! thanks for all the tutoring. I think I passed Dr. McCoy's test!" Kitty said as she flounced into the kitchen. She made a beeline for the fridge.

[Sharon] Sharon looked up from her book that she was reading while eating a bowl of fruit. "ummm...congratulations?"

[Northstar] * Northstar made a beeline for the pantry. He'd seen a pie in there earlier with no one's name on it...

[Dr.Xavier] Xavier came into the kitchen, waiting for the red-headed girl to come in as well. "And this is our kitchen..." He smiled at the other students. "I'd like you all to meet Miss Rachel Grey. She will be joining us this semester."

[rachel] rachel followed the guy in the wheelchair into the kitchen

[Sharon] Sharon looked up at the new girl, and nodded briefly. "Hey."

[rachel] "Hey." she replied quietly

[Kitty] "Hi Rachel!" Kitty beamed, grabbing a yogurt from the fridge. "Want one?" She grabbed another one anyway and rummaged in the drawers for spoons. She'd eat them both if Rachel wasn't hungry.

[Northstar] Jean-Paul poked his head out of the pantry. Oh, it wasn't a guy. He ducked back in. With a name like "Rachel", he probably should have figured.

[rachel] "no thanks," rachel answered kitty

[Sharon] She turned the page. The one great thing about this place was the library. She'd just worked her way through a book on molecular biology and was now rereading the science text.

[Dr.Xavier] "Well why don't I leave you to get aquainted with the others here for a while. When you are finished up here, you can return to your room." Nodding at everyone he left the kitchen.

[Kitty] "I see you in there, JP. You can't hide from me forever, youknow." Kitty said, leaning around the doorway to grin at him.

[Northstar] * Northstar rolled his eyes as he made his way out of the pantry, a pie in one hand and a box of rugula in the other. All the excess food seemed to be sweets; they assumed he'd like them as much as that Italian guy. All he wanted was a few dozen Big Macs...

[Kitty] "Ok, then, Rachael." More for me!

[Sharon] Picking a strawberry out of her bowl she wrote a quick note in the book beside her and then shut the text, concentrating more on her mid day snack.

[Northstar] He perched on the counter. "Who said I was hiding? I hide from nobody." He took the plastic off the pie then looked around for a spoon.

[Kitty] Kitty handed him her extra.

[Northstar] Jean-Paul nodded in thanks and dug into the pie.

[Kitty] "Oh, puh-leeeze! Is that any good?" Kitty finished off one cup of yoghurt then started in on the other.

[Sharon] She glanced at the french guy...she barely saw him in class. But you could certainly count on him and that other guy to be in the kitchen most times.

[Northstar] * Northstar looked up, his mouth full. "Mmm... oui."

[Kitty] "So...Rachel, where are you from and like, what can you do?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt peeked through the staff kitchen door. If there was anything that could be counted on, it was that the staff kitchen was filled with students. He just wanted to make tea.

[Kitty] "Can I have a bite?" She hovered her spoon over the pie, and smiled.

[Northstar] Jean-Paul rolled his eyes inwardly. "Sure, as long as you can manage to get one before it's gone."

[rachel] I'm from her in New York...and..umm...telepathy and telekinesis, she answered

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt wandered in and hung his tea kettle on the sink to fill. He turned around.

[Fr.Wagner] "Hello. New student?" he asked. He hadn't seen the red head before.

[Kitty] "Thanks!" Kitty quickly dug out a spoonfull. "Ew. It tatses nasty with goat yogurt..."

[Kitty] "Cool! So, that's what? You can read minds and...um...I'm not sure what the other one does."

[Sharon] Sharon paused in mid chew. Telepathy seemed to be a fairly common thing, relatively speaking. She made another note on that. Perhaps if she flow charted things out she'd see a pattern with that. It was all terribly interesting.

[Northstar] * Northstar smirked. The priest apparently caught on fast. He wondered how long it'd be until he mentioned "No smoking on campus!"

[rachel] "I can move stuff with my mind...it's kinda freaky," she tought about how sometimes random objects would float.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shrugged and turned back to the kettle which he set on the stove. He needed another electric one, but that one was up in his apartment now.

[Sharon] "Hmm." Sharon looked up from her notes again. "Well...why don't you sit and make yourself comfortable?" She scooped up a bit of melon. "So at least you aren't far from home."

[Kitty] "Coool!" Kitty said. "I can go through stuff." She made a calculated toss and missed the trashcan by a mile. "Grrr. I need to work on my aim." She said, going to pick up the yogurt cups and throwing them away. "Hi Father Wagner." She smiled.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt smiled. "Hi Kitty, How are you?" he asked.

[rachel] "yeah..." Rachel took a seat.

[Sharon] She curled up her tail so that it was close to her body. All she needed was someone stepping on it.

[Kitty] "Good! You?"

[Sharon] "So, Proffessor Wagner, I had a question." She flipped to the section in her notebook that dealt with his class. "The essay that we are supposed to write, I realize that it has a word cap on it, but how imperitive is it that we stay below that?"

[Kitty] She twirled to the table and sat down, idly flipping through one of Sharon's books.

[Northstar] * Northstar held up a rugala, having long since finished the pie. "Rugala?" he asked Rachel.

[Fr.Wagner] "I'm good," Kurt said. He sat down next to Sharon.

[rachel] "no thanks," she said

[Fr.Wagner] "Well, the idea behind the limit is to help you organize your thoughts. Write everything down and then start editing. Pull out everything that's unnecessary. That's what I do." Kurt said.

[Northstar] Jean-Paul shrugged. More for him. The box was almost empty.

[Sharon] "Yes.." she wrote another quick few words and put her pencil down. "Its just difficult for me to not expand on topics. I will keep it in its limits though."

[Fr.Wagner] "Those are good," Kurt said - gesturing at Jean-Paul's cookies.

[rachel] "umm...what's your name?" Rachel asked the guy that had offered her some food.

[Northstar] * Northstar looked up and smiled charmingly. "Jean-Paul, madameoiselle. Jean-Paul Beaubier."

[Sharon] Oh...she supposed she'd forgotten that too. "And I'm Sharon."

[rachel] Rachel smirked, "Ok...where are you from? And what can you do?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul raised an eyebrow archly. "Québec, naturellement. And I can run circles around all of you."

[Fr.Wagner] The kettle started whistling and Kurt stood up to get it. "The point is to stick to the topic assigned. I know it can be tough sometimes Sharon, especially when you have a lot of ideas. Perhaps you could write a secondary essay - for extra credit?" Kurt suggested while he busied himself

[Fr.Wagner] with the tea pot.

[Sharon] "Well...physically maybe." Sharon muttered under her breath. She nodded thoughtfully. "That sounds good."

[rachel] Rachel rolled her eyes and looked at Sharon, "Where are you from?"

[Northstar] * Northstar narrowed his eyes. This girl appeared to have an attitude and it was not amusing.

[Sharon] "Washington. Small town there. This has been...different."

[Sharon] She shrugged. "Its roughly the same climate at least."

[Northstar] He pulled out a cigarette, temporarily sated and ready for an after-snack smoke. He lit it and leaned back against the cupboards, taking a long drag.

[rachel] "Yeah...so what do you guys like to do?" she figured she should be social.

[Sharon] Sharon's nose twitched at that. "Excuse me. Do you realize how many carcinogens are in cigarrette smoke?" She conciously quieted the lash of her tail.

[Northstar] "Have sex?" Jean-Paul offered, hearing no objection. "And yes, yes I do," he informed Sharon. "Says right here on the back of the box." He offered her said box.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt turned around. "Non, Jean-Paul. Ne pas possible fumer, sil vous plait." (Please, Jean-Paul. You can't smoke here.)

[Sharon] "I can turn into a cat, or a half-cat half-human. I no longer choose to do so though."

[Sharon] "I would think that you'd find your abilities much more useful."

[Northstar] * Northstar raised an eyebrow. "Possible, m'sieur? C'est tout à fait possible." He leaned back again and exhaled. (I can't, sir? Of course I can.)

[Fr.Wagner] "Va jouer dehors. Dacor?" (You go play outside. OK?)

[Sharon] She turned back to Jean-Paul. "Oh spare me your simple mindedness. Like I care about what women you rut with."

[Northstar] He frowned. "Je me présente." (I'm introducing myself.)

[Kitty] Kitty snapped to and closed the book, wrinkling her nose at the cigarette smoke. "Could you please open a window, JP?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt rolled his eyes and shook his head. "Non. Va en dahors sil vous plait. maintenant." (No. You'll go outside, please. Now.)

[Northstar] He turned back to Sharon. "Wrong gender, mademoiselle," he replied, grinning wickedly.

[rachel] "Did you know each one of those you smoke takes like 7 seconds off your life," Rachel wasn't going to say anything about it but decided to anyway.

[Northstar] Jean-Paul rolled his eyes and put out the cigarette on the counter with a sigh. "Just so you know, nobody has any fun here," he informed Rachel.

[Sharon] She found herself colouring at that a bit. Oh. Oh. Eww. "Well I most assuredly do not wish to hear about that."

[Fr.Wagner] "Jean-Paul. Cela m'est égal. Smoking isn't allowed inside." Kurt said. (Jean-Paul. I don't care. Smoking isn't allowed inside.)

[Northstar] "And no, I did not. But I don't consider that much of a problem, so you'll excuse me if I don't care."

[Kitty] "Hey! all I asked was to open a window, I didn't like, say stop smoking!" Kitty humphed and opened the window closest to the table.

[Northstar] * Northstar raised both eyebrows. "I was obeying the wishes of the good friar over here."

[Fr.Wagner] "Merci," Kurt said with a nod. Good Friar?

[rachel] "Fine with me," Rachel said to Jean-Paul, "I don't do much anyways."

[Kitty] "Oh?" Kitty ran through the french in her head, scrucnhsing her nose in deep thought. "Riiiight!" She smiled and snagged a grape from Sharon's fruit bowl. "Want a diet coke, anyone?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul jumped off the counter with a sigh. "Come to think of it, I think it's time for a run." He pulled out another cigarette. "The atmosphere is rather... stifling here."

[Sharon] "Good for you. I agree with that sentiment. School should be for studying - not frittering it away on toher activities."

[Northstar] He smiled beatifically. "Au 'voir," he offered politely and disappeared in a blur.

[Sharon] She shook her head at Jean-Paul's departure. "Some people just don't seem to want to succeed in life."

[Fr.Wagner] "It's not that difficult a rule to understand," Kurt said scratching his head.

[Talia] TJ entered the kitchen, gazing about. She didn't really recognie anyone, save Wagner, which was almost enough to make her leave, were she not incredibly hungry.

[Fr.Wagner] He finished adding milk to his tea and dug out a mug from the cabinet.

[Kitty] Kitty twisted out a can for herself and opened it. "Roomie!" She blushed and turned back intot he fridge. Oh, I'm never going to live that down...

[Sharon] Sharon looked up when the girl entered. She'd only seen glances of her around. She looked from the proffessor to her and back. There had to be a story there...

[Talia] She smiled, she hadn't noticed Kitty. "Hey Kitty," she said, noticing the girl blush. Oh jeez, was that still a thing?

[Sharon] Or perhaps it was another nature of the manifestations...like the telepathy thing.

[Fr.Wagner] "Does anyone want tea? I made extra." Kurt said.

[Kitty] "Diet coke?" She shrilled.

[Fr.Wagner] "Yeah - they don't really go together," Kurt said thoughtfully.

[Talia] Talia moved to the refrigerator, opening the freezer, and digging out the chocolate ice cream, which seemed far lighter than usual.

[Talia] She opened it up. "HEY! Who the hell eats the ice cream and puts the container back empty!!"

[Kitty] Kitty scuttled away, ducking behind Sharon.

[rachel] Rachel glanced at the girl freaking out about the ice cream, "I so would, but I just got here."

[Sharon] Sharon yelped slightly as kitty pinched her tail.

[Fr.Wagner] "They have a class on always leaving some ice cream over in seminary," Kurt deadpaned. See this was what that whole meeting had been about.... Smoking randomly indoors, being irresponsible about food, there had to be a way to teach this.

[Talia] "It's not cool!! Whats so wrong with throwing it out?!" She angrily threw the container at the garbage can. "Such BULLSHIT. Now NO ONE can have ice cream!"

[Fr.Wagner] Not that he had any clue what that way was.

[Sharon] She flicked it away and held it on her lap, the tip twitching irritably back and forth.

[Kitty] "I'm sorry Sharon!" Kitty said, backing up through the chair.

[Sharon] "It's fine." she said flatly. "Just...don't...go through me ok?"

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt shut his eyes. "Oh course you can have ice cream. All of you can." he said.

[Talia] "I really REALLY wanted the fucking ice cream," she huffed, going to the cabinets. At least there were cookies. She grabbed the bag and sat at the counter while she gathered herself some milk.

[Sharon] She looked at TJ. "Don't look at me. Its dairy. I do not participate in the abuse of animals."

[Talia] "If there IS no ice cream you can't HAVE it," she told him with a look.

[Fr.Wagner] "I have a car. We can all go out and get what ever we want." Kurt said.

[Fr.Wagner] "Dairy, non dairy. Whatever...."

[rachel] "What about abusing animals?" Rachel was lost.

[Sharon] "Thank you, professor. I prefer my fruit. No refined sugars there."

[Talia] She noticed the new girl, feeling kind of bad. She was making a bad impression. But fuck, who ate the god damned ice cream?!

[Sharon] She looked at Rachel. "You know...factory farming...all that? How they inject them with steriods and things and seperate them from their babies??"

[Kitty] "Eeeeewwww! Sharon, some of us just ate!"

[rachel] "No," she answered Sharon.

[Fr.Wagner] "I was going to suggest either the regular grocery store or the international food store that I like. They have Italian gelato there. It's good." Kurt said. "But, it doesn't matter to me. I just came here for the tea."

[Sharon] "I'll give you a link to a website." she scribbled out a note. "They give instructions on how to go vegan if you want to choose a more humane lifestyle."

[rachel] "Ok..." Rachel trailed off.

[Fr.Wagner] He held up his teapot - "Which I have. So..."

[Kitty] "It's a good site, but I suggest not eating before or after viewing it." Kitty piped up, stepping out of the chair, with care to avoid Sharon's personal space.

[Kitty] "Gelato? do they have green tea ice cream? that's like, the best ever."

[rachel] "I can't be that gross," she replied.

[Talia] "I just don't get putting the empty carton back!! Who does that!! Jesus, it's just way fucking inconsiderate," she huffed. "I really wanted ice cream alot. I was looking forward to it all day."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt peeked over her shoulder. PeTA.... They were so anti-circus...

[Fr.Wagner] "Yeah, they have all that Kitty. And TJ, all you have to do is go to the store with us and get some and you'll have it. What's the problem?"

[Kitty] "Uh, I don't know how to drive." Kitty said.

[Fr.Wagner] "It's a good thing it's my car then," Kurt said.

[Sharon] "I'm going to start working on that extra assignment, once I'm done this." She guestured to her bowl. "I order most of my food from a speciality shop."

[Kitty] "What kind of ice cream do you like, Rachel?"

[rachel] "Umm...moose tracks...chocolate....it doesn't really matter."

[Fr.Wagner] "So, I have Kitty, Rachel? and ... TJ? For Ice Cream then?" Kurt asked.

[Talia] "I don't have money," she told him, eating the last cookie and throwing the container at the garbage can, missing.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt sighed. "Would I invite all of you out for ice cream and then make you pay? Hardly seems fair does it. Don't worry about that."

[rachel] "Cool...because I don't really have money either," Rachel said.

[Talia] "OK fine," she said, standing up. She REALLY needed ice cream.

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt set his teapot down.

[Fr.Wagner] "Well then, I think you'll enjoy the hospitality of the new WagnerWagon. You'll all fit and it has a flower vase and everything...."

[Fr.Wagner] Kurt gestured towards the door - "Italian Gelato (and icecream) is this way..."

[Sharon] Sharon sighed in relief. At least she'd have quiet again.

[Edited on 27/1/0707 by HoodedMan]

[Edited on 29/1/0707 by HoodedMan]
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

mmmm, a sudden monstrous craving for ice-cream?
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

HAHAHAHAHA! Why the heck do you guys always start guessing that when tj does so much as go "I'm not hungry" today. :P

Seriously. Y'all just want her knocked up.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Breaking News! TJ pregnant, Doug's the father, Remy couldn't be more proud!

...or wait, was that supposed to be a secret?

Oops.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

A girl can't want ice cream without being pregnant? Jeez, I must be having quintuplets :P

BTW Who DID put the carton back empty? :shifty
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

The only reason why we think it, is because Tj and Remy is the only couple having sex like rabbits trying to repopulate the world.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

What about Scott and Angel? :shifty

Interestingly, both TJ and Angel got knocked up in canon :scratch

Bug babies!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by steyn »

I see Scott as a once per night missionary pose type fellow, where Remy's more a 3 times kama sutra's a charm.
puppygirl
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pigeon Fancier
Nightscrawlearth Character: :blink :warlock :morph :deadgirl

Post by puppygirl »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
BTW Who DID put the carton back empty? :shifty
:wolfsbane - :shifty
Image NightscrawlearthImage

Pup's Blog -- Pup's Tumblr
"Why can’t people appreciate how much effort I put in to not becoming a serial killer?"
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Heehee! That was very cute, guys! And what an intro to the crazy school for Rachel!

Ah, yes, but I’m here for a girlfriendly defense…
Originally posted by steynedvelvet
I see Scott as a once per night missionary pose type fellow
I rather doubt that, since Angel has taught him well. :naughty :P
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

And I am here to back up what Slarti said. Scott is an eager and willing student in the high art of making your girlfriend very happy.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate

Originally posted by JSherlock
And I am here to back up what Slarti said. Scott is an eager and willing student in the high art of making your girlfriend very happy.
And Nacht sincerely wishes she could actually date RP characters.

Damn women playing men!
Saint Kurt
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Derelict Landlord

Post by Saint Kurt »

This was a lot of fun. Thanks for the translations Northstar. One is a little off though:
[Fr.Wagner] "Va jouer dehors. Dacor?" (You can smoke outside. OK?)
Fr. Wagner is actually saying to Jean-Paul: "You go out and play, Okay?" Which is much more sarcastic.

:)

-e
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Ah. That's actually what I translated it as, but I figured it was idiomatic or some such; it didn't make a lot of sense. Changed.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.