1/30 Instance: Geeks 2 Go.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Cypher] Surrounded by his usual pile of books, Doug was hard at work.

[Cypher] He had to figure out his schedule to study if he was going to take all these classes. And a few of the students had asked for help in their first year classes, so he was trying to translate his notes all into English...

[Sharon] Sharon, book in hand, entered the library. There he was. She'd been irritated to find the notes written on the side of the text that she was reading. While it was neat and tidy, it was a book. You didn't deface books!

[Sharon] Of course, the fact that it was written in, as far as she could figure, five seperate languages and not all of those using the standard alphabet, at least she knew who the culprit was.

[Sharon] She thumped the book down in front of Doug, pointing at the notes. "What is this?"

[Cypher] Doug looked up in surprise at the interruption, then down at the book.

[Cypher] "It's... a correction. The book had a couple of dates listed incorrectly, so I looked up the right ones and corrected them. Just a note to myself."

[Cypher] He looked back up. "Why, was I wrong?"

[Sharon] "Oh." She swiveled the book around. "I didn't realize there were errors in the text. I couldn't make out what you had written."

[Sharon] He tail twitched, as she glanced down, now a bit embarrased. "Sorry I jumped on you over it."

[Cypher] "No problem." He smiled. "They weren't so much corrections as updates, as this one was published in ... eight-one, was it?"

[Cypher] He stood up and held out his hand. "I should introduce myself. Doug Ramsey."

[Sharon] She held out her hand. "Sharon Smith. I'm a first year student." She shrugged. "Well obviously..."

[Sharon] She took a seat near him and then flipped the book open to another page. "So you read this whole book then?"

[Cypher] He nodded. "Yeah, I read the whole book. I didn't exactly expect anyone else to read it, though."

[Sharon] She snorted. "I suppose I could understand that. Not the most dedicated student body here. I'm sure they'd all get A's for how to mix drinks or on how to 'myspace'"

[Sharon] "I've worked through a few of the books here. Its a pretty impressive collection. I wasn't sure what to expect here." She glanced at Doug again. "How do you find it here?"

[Cypher] "Well, to each their own. I apologize for defacing any of these books..."

[Cypher] "I like it a lot, actually. There's the library, a really fast internet connection, and the danger room. Most of our fellow students are alright, too. What about you?"

[Sharon] "Well...I guess its ok. The professors are professional at least. I'm not very into the more...physical aspects of it. I prefer more peaceful things, such as Tai chi. The running isn't so bad though."

[Sharon] "I suppose its both what I expected, and not at the same time, if that makes any sense."

[Cypher] "Perfect sense. I think Professor Xavier meant for this to be mostly a learning institution, but we're bringing together such different people that... well, everyone's learning something."

[Cypher] "Not to sound crass, but what exactly is your power?" Doug looked at the eyes and tail, reminding himself that he got over those obvious physical things a long time ago.

[Sharon] "Some more than others." She rolled her eyes. "Well, nothing as cool as yours, I'm afraid. I can turn into a cat. Or a half-cat half-person."

[Sharon] Her tail twitched. "I just don't use it anymore. Its a liability."

[Sharon] Leaning forward, she propped her chin on her hand, watching him. "It must be really interesting to be able to read all of those texts and stuff - the knowledge of the world at your fingertips."

[Cypher] "Cool?" He had to stop and think a moment on that. "I don't think it's ever been called 'cool' before..."

[Cypher] "But yeah, it really is." He looked over at her. "Why is yours a liability? Seems like it could be useful at times."

[Sharon] "It...changes your mindset you know? You get more primal. I don't like that feeling."

[Sharon] "I made the choice to be an intellectual person. That, and to crusade for a more humane society. I can't do that as a cat."

[Cypher] He thought for a moment, then nodded. "That's your choice then. I had to make one like that when I left the school not too long ago, so I think I see where you're coming from."

[Cypher] "But if you ever need to curl up in front of a window on a sunny day, I won't tell."

[Sharon] She cracked a smile at that. "I'm not that bad. Besides, I'm just as likely to sit on a chair in the sun with a good book."

[Sharon] "So what are your goals then? What are you thinking of doing once you are done here? You must have so many options."

[Cypher] "I ... I guess I do. I'm trying not to plan too far ahead, honestly."

[Cypher] He shrugged. "I'm trying to let the future just happen for now."

[Sharon] "Well - as long as you are working towards something." She smiled again. "What are you taking this year? It works better that they let you choose a direction."

[Cypher] He smiled a little nervously and looked down. "I'm sort of taking ... all of them?"

[Sharon] "All? They let you do that? How do you fit it all in?" She was fairly impressed. He certainly did have a lot of dedication. And he was quite interesting. So different from the other people in the school. Well...aside from Rahne and Lizzie and Angel. They weren't so bad.

[Sharon] But even Angel had that boyfriend of hers that she was all focused on.

[Cypher] "I actually had to convince them to let me take all of them. It was either that or teach, and I didn't really feel comfortable teaching my friends."

[Cypher] "It gets to be a little much, but it's all just so... so interesting."

[Sharon] "Exactly. It is interesting. However I don't know that I'd be able to pull that much of a course load off."

[Sharon] "And that certainly does leave your options open..."

[Sharon] She sat back up. "So what other things do you do? You have any hobbies?"

[Cypher] "Before I got here I liked playing dungeons and dragons, playing video games, that sort of thing. I still do all that, but my main hobby is programming in the Danger Room."

[Sharon] "Oh? You work for Professor Rankin then? Doing all that army stuff?" she said a trifle sourly. "I honestly don't know how that is acceptable, but I suppose its good exercise."

[Cypher] "Sergeant Rankin...? Oh, no I program plenty of other stuff. Lizzie does most of the military exercises."

[Cypher] "I think last week I programmed in the northern lights from the past twenty seven years, viewable from eight different locations. It's really crazy what it can do with the right programming."

[Sharon] "Oh? Well...I could see how that is more interesting." She looked thoughtful. "Actually that has a lot of potential, I suppose. There would be all sorts of scenarios that would be interesting."

[Sharon] "Like just think! You could watch evolution on high speed, or any moment in history I suppose."

[Sharon] "Of course the research would be intensive - but still, its a very useful tool when you look at it that way."

[Cypher] "I've gotten a few historical scenes in, customizable for any speculative histories you might want to try. I think I have some evolution in there, but I'd have to find it again. That was done during a sort of ... wierd period."

[Sharon] "That would be very neat. Do you have some time later this week to show me how to run the programs?" She looked at him questioningly. "Weird? How so?"

[Cypher] "Yeah, we can get together if you want. I programmed a lot of voice commands in, so if you can't find me just go down and give it a try."

[Cypher] He thought a moment how best to phrase it, or if he should. "Remember when I said I had to make a decision like you did, and I left the school for awhile?"

[Cypher] "It has to do with all that..." he trailed off, not sure if that was enough explanation for her. He wasn't sure anything less than a twenty page cited essay would satisfy her curiousity.

[Sharon] "Oh." She smiled. "I see." She twitched her tail again and picked up the book infront of her. "Well...thanks. It was nice to meet you."

[Cypher] He smiled back. "Definitely a pleasure. It's good to see someone so dedicated to their studies. Please, if you ever need a proofreader or something, let me know."

[Sharon] "I appreciate that." She rose from her seat and wandered to the doorway, looking back over her shoulder at him as she left. What a nice guy he was.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Awww! That's a good character/friendship building instance! But I'm still shipping Doug/Raven.

And "that boyfriend of hers" has one of the highest grades in the school (besides Sharon and Doug.) :P
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

No girl, Sharon/Doug is the way to go.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Hmph. We'll see how this relationship develops.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Aww, geeky bonding!! An interesting start to another new friendship :D
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Steyn - I didn't meant to get your hopes up, but do you really think Doug would give up on Raven that easily?
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

um.....yes
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
um.....yes
ROFL!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Awwwwww!!! *ship ship ship!*
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Awww, that was super cute! But I’ll hold to the old skool Doug/Raven – they are still the cuteness champions.
[Sharon] But even Angel had that boyfriend of hers that she was all focused on.
:P ((time passes))