2/8 Instance: Scattered Cookies

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[meggan] Meggan took a deep breath. This would have to be her last attempt til later anyway, she was due at a picnic and she'd be damned if she was going to miss it.

[meggan] She started to walk slowly towards the building concentrating on her shield, willing everything to stay outside, where it belonged.

[meggan] She got halfway up the grass verge towards the building and collapsed, shaking. "Damn it!" she beat her fist on the ground, "why is this so hard?!" it was so frustrating, she just couldn't get any further. There was a wall of unexpressed rage keeping her at bay, a wall she feared to cross.

[meggan] She shifted into a smaller feline form and crawled away down the slope praying no cameramen were filming her and also that Alex wouldn't find her like this.

[Alex] Alex came out of the building, packed with a basket and two blankets (one if it should get colder later). He had decided to try peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the da...erm, picnic, but since he was totally afraid to do something wrong, the basket also contained catnip.

[Alex] Well, where could Meggan be now?...He looked around, but she was nowhere to be found. So she couldn't get closer to the mansion after all...He walked down the slope to the mansion, hopping he'd find her...and lose those cameramen that where tailing him, they made him all nervous...

[meggan] Meggan curled up under some foliage and lurked there waiting to catch sight of Alex. Her ears were down and her tail curled around her protectively. She didn't feel comfortable at XU at the moment and it wasn't getting easier.

[meggan] At last she saw Alex carrying a picnic basket and meowed, hoping he'd hear her. Oh dear... he had 'friends' Damned cameramen Meggan rolled her eyes.

[Alex] He heard the small voice of a cat and turned to it. Yes...there were some leafs, and under it...that was no ordinary cat, he'd seen that one far too often. He came closer and crouched down.

[Alex] "Hey Meggan...uhm, is it too hard for you, that close to the mansion? I could...well, if it's too much to walk I could carry you..."

[meggan] "I'll be alright if we go to the lake, it's far away and doesn't bother me.... I tried going in again today is all..."

[Alex] "Oh, ok...but you shouldn't strain yourself too much..." He glanced over his shoulder. "And...I'm sorry, but it seems, we won't be all alone today..."

[meggan] "Maybe they'll get bored and go away." She shifted back to her human form, "And I'm not straining myself, I have to practise or, at this rate, I'll never sleep inside again..."

[Alex] "Hah...the offer with the hut still stands, you know?..." He moved the blankets into a more comfortable position. "Should we go?"

[meggan] Meggan smiled and let Alex lead the way, "I'm quite happy with my hollowed out tree thanks. It's comfy."

[Alex] He walked next to her, tempted to take her hand, but he tried to resist..." A...a hollow tree?...So, you're like a wood fairy?...It fits, you...you are as beautiful as one for sure."

[meggan] Meggan blushed and giggled, "Thanks....and more of a 'wood cat'.... it's more comfy to sleep in the form of a large cat."

[Alex] "I like your cat form better anyways..." He shyly scratched his head and hoped, that she wouldn't start to be annoyed of all this sweet talk...

[meggan] "You like my cat form better than my human form?" Meggan raised an eyebrow,

[Alex] "Oh no...no! I mean, I...I like your cat form the most of all of your other forms, but..." He looked her in the eyes. "But your human form is the most beautiful I could think of..." He blushed slightly...

[meggan] Meggan blushed too and looked away into the trees, "Um... so.... what’s in the basket?" she decided a change of subject would be good.

[Alex] "Ahh..." He opened it and showed her what was in it. "It's sandwiches, with peanut butter and jelly, and some apples and..." Smiling, he continued. "And cookies and warm milk in a thermos flask, as promised...uhm, and..."

[Alex] After what she had said only a few seconds ago, he was afraid that she would raise her eyebrow again..."...And catnip..." Alex finished with a small voice...

[meggan] "Peanut Butter and Jelly? ..... Oh ... Jam.... wait......... Catnip?"

[meggan] She arched her eyebrow again, "Why the catnip?" she smiled roguishly

[Alex] "I...well...you...this and..." He gesticulated with his free hand wildly...

[Alex] Alex sighed, dropping his head. Then, while raising it again, he answered finally: "This...this is the first time I do something even remotely close to a date, you know? I don't know...I think I just panicked, I wanted it to be perfect...and maybe, even if the chances were five thousand to one..."

[Alex] "...maybe you'd have liked it, so...sorry. Can you forgive me?" He gave her his best puppy face and hoped for the best...

[meggan] Meggan stopped. 'A date'? Oh no...... now she was panicking...

[meggan] "I....er..... never had catnip.... isn't that like LSD for cats?"

[Alex] His jaw dropped down. "Like...like drugs?!...Oh, I never would want to give you something harmful, I just heard that cats like it, and so..." He stopped, the sparkling lake wasn't even far away anymore, one, maybe three minutes to walk, he could see it already.

[Alex] Alex turned over to Meggan. "If...if you don't want to do this because of my stupidity, I...I could understand if we would go back..."

[meggan] "Awww no it's not stupid it's sweet," she gave him a hug to reassure him, "and catnip isn't dangerous so you don't have to worry. I'm sorry I made you feel bad..."

[Alex] "Really?" He smiled again. "O...ok, why don't we finally go over there then?" He pointed at the lake. "We don't want to miss the sunset, do we?" And really, the sun was standing quite low already.

[meggan] Meggan smiled and followed Alex over to the lake, "It looks so beautiful at this time of the day..."

[Alex] At the lake, he spread out one of the blankets and put the basket on the ground. "Ladies first!" He bowed to her and pointed at the blanket, accompanied by a smile and an even deeper bow.

[meggan] Meggan grinned and plonked herself down on the blanket, she tapped beside her inviting Alex to sit down too.

[meggan] She sighed, it was a nice evening, and it was cool too, like the first night they'd been here. Meggan blushed thinking about it.

[Alex] Alex sat down, quite close to her, and pulled out some of the sandwiches. "You want something special? We have strawberry, and cherry, my favourite, and lemon." He spread out the sandwiches like cards in his hand.

[meggan] "er....." Meggan had never had peanut butter and jam combined in the same sandwich before.... "Um... which one tastes best? Never tried it before.... peanut butter and jam in the same sandwich... we tend to have them separate."

[Alex] "Oh, really? It's quite tasteful, here..." He handed her the cherry one. "You'll love it, trust me."He gave her an assuring smile.

[meggan] Meggan frowned, she eyed the sandwich suspiciously then sniffed it. It seemed ok... she nibbled a bit... hey this wasn't bad. She smiled at Alex, "It's good!"

[Alex] He smiled happily back at her. "See? I said you can trust me." He bit in his strawberry one...yep, Xavier had bought high quality stuff. He chewed a bit and gulped it down.

[Alex] She really had acted like a cat right now, but he decided not to mention it...the eyebrow!...Instead he just watched her eating her sandwich and wondered, how something that simple could look that cute.

[meggan] Meggan saw him watching her and blushed again, "so.... um.... what have you been up to?" the silences were awkward, she was feeling uncomfortable for some reason.

[Alex] "Me?..." *I've tried to gather enough courage to finally admit to you that I love you, maybe even to kiss you, over the last days, during any moment I was awake...* "Not much, just some school stuff. And, hey! I've sorted things out with Eve, we're best buddies again."

[Alex] He felt all warm and cosy, only by talking to her. He had already forgotten, that there were cameras...

[meggan] Meggan smiled, "Good I'm glad you guys are friends again. I'm finally catching up with school work thanks to Pietro - he's been delivering class work to me and explaining it too. He's been really helpful." she smiled, "I hate not being able to go inside... I'm just so afraid I'll hurt someone..."

[Alex] Alex tensed up a bit. Pietro...Yes, he had read about Pietro, about the chocolate, the shopping,...He felt bad, he was jealous and that made him feel bad. Pietro was his friend, damnit!

[Alex] "It's no problem, Meggan. Take all the time you need."

[meggan] "I don't want to take my time.... I want to get it over and done with. I can't handle this anymore." She stared out over the lake, "It just all seems so hopeless right now..."

[meggan] She sighed and pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapping her arms around them and resting her head.

[Alex] He came closer and rested his hand on her shoulder. "I know, this sounds quite pathetic, but...but if there is anything I can do...anything, I'd be really happy to help you in any way I can, even if it's only 'to be there'..."

[meggan] Meggan turned her head and smiled, "Thanks, That means a lot..."

[meggan] She leant into him and sighed, as usual he was nice and warm. She shivered slightly realising then how the temperature had dropped.

[Alex] Feeling her shiver, he dragged the second blanket closer. "And for the moment, I could offer a blanket to fight of the cold..."He smile at her wholeheartedly. "Care to join?"

[meggan] She smiled and snuggled a bit closer helping him put the blanket around their shoulders.

[Pietro] Pietro stepped out into the garden, smiling as he stretched and glanced at the forest. The sun was setting, creating the most beautiful scene. Idly he wondered what Meggan was doing.....

[Pietro] Oh well. He'd have his run, then go back in, pick up his sleeping bag and go and spend another night out there keeping her company. Maybe even get another kiss......

[Pietro] ..... Although that was too hopeful. Stick to one step at a time. He finished stretching and then started to jog, trying to work on normal speed before giving up and 'changing gear'.

[Alex] They were sitting there for quite a while, only watching at the setting sun. Alex could feel her body's heat, and got more and more nervous. Maybe...No, now had to be the time, to gather his courage!

[Alex] He turned his head and looked at Meg. Then he started to talk:

[Alex] "Meggan, I'm...there is something I wanted to tell you..."

[meggan] Meggan turned her head slightly to look at him, "Hmm?" she was confused and now getting extremely worried... where was this going?

[Alex] "I...Since I've met you, I can, like, for the first time in my life, be completely satisfied and happy with only being myself...I've...I just have to thank you for that..."

[Alex] "You make my life so much better, and...and I've grown quite fond of you, even started to like you...and...and I don't mean like Eve, or even Paige, no...more like this..."

[Alex] He slightly held up her chin and saw her eyes sparkling because of the setting sun. His lips slowly approached hers and finally met her. He started a long kiss...

[Pietro] Pietro didn't bother trying to watch the ground while he ran - it went by too fast too see any pot holes anyway and watching the forest blur by him just made him feel motion sick.

[Pietro] Suddenly out of the corner of his eye he saw a splash of colour that seemed out of place in the forest. He stopped, backed up a few steps and squinted. Meggan!!

[Pietro] Pietro smiled and began to 'jog' through the trees - although he knew he was still going about 45mph.

[meggan] Meggan was shocked, uh oh! Was this happening? Was Alex kissing her? Oh dear.... This was bad... now what? She half responded to the kiss unsure really of what to do.

[meggan] Now she was even more confused. What happened to 'friends'?

[Pietro] Pietro stopped as he hit the clearing, grinning and about to greet Meggan when he realised she wasn't alone.

[Pietro] In fact, she was with Alex......and......and.......and they were......

[meggan] Meggan suddenly squeaked and jumped back. Pietro? Oh crap! What was he doing here? And he'd seen oh no! This was even worse. She didn't know what to do, she just sat there looking between the two of them willing one of them to say something.... anything...

[Alex] He felt a draught and felt Meggan jumping away...Had he scared her? Then he realised the Pietro was standing there and looking at them. He must've surprised her. He stood up and told Pietro with vaguely gesturing with his hands: "Uhm, hey Pietro...that's a slight bit bad timing here, you know?"

[Pietro] Pietro shook his head, blinking. He didn't hear a word Alex had said. Just watched his hands. "Non ci credo......non ci credo. Ma che minchia......?"

[Pietro] (("I don't believe it.....I don't believe it. What the fuck....?"))

[meggan] Meggan didn't know what to do, her initial reaction was to run. Run away fast and hope it'd go away. But this kind of problem would only be made worse that way...

[meggan] The look on Pietro's face said it all, he was hurt and confused. Oh gods Meggan felt awful.... "I..."

[Alex] Between Pietro talking on Italian, and Meggan just saying nothing, Alex was quite confused. He reached down into the basket and then walked over to Pietro. "Uhm...Cookies?" He offered him the box after opening it. He could at least be friendly, until the situation was resolved...

[Pietro] Pietro looked at the box blankly, hands fisting by his sides. He.....Alex a-and Meggan were......they were kissing and now Alex was offering him cookies?

[Pietro] He didn't - couldn't - look at Meggan, it wasn't her fault, and he didn't after all have any claim on her but........but.......

[Pietro] Pietro bit his lip and closed his eyes. Alex was his friend. No matter how much he wanted to just......Alex was his amico.

[Pietro] And he had been kissing Meggan.

[Pietro] "No. I do not want a cookie." He said, proud that he'd managed to keep his voice steady. "Fottare.......I want to know what is going on here." He was speaking perfect English again but he didn't really notice it. So long as he stayed angry......

[Pietro] Then Meggan wouldn't see him cry.

[Alex] Alex scratched his head. "Really? They are great, coconut..." He looked over to Meggan. What was the problem here? "And, well...it seems like I have finally found the courage to tell Meggan that I.......uhmm, really like her, so..." He noticed Pietro's face darken..."...Yay?..."

[meggan] Meggan squeaked and hid her face. OH GODS this couldn't be happening at a worse time... and WHY WHY?! was it happening?!

[Pietro] He-he WHAT?? Without even realising it Pietro's arm blurred as he knocked the box of cookies flying. He clenched a fist, squeezing his eyes shut again. "Congratulazioni. I am very happy for you." Damnit. Damnit.

[Pietro] After all he'd done, all he'd said - didn't it mean anything? Couldn't Alex read the signs? WHY couldn't he just - just - back off??

[Pietro] Despite himself, a tear slipped out. "I like her too. She is a very sweet girl." He looked down at the ground, chuckling slightly. "An' here we are, talking like she isn't here."

[Pietro] He didn't even realise that cameras were watching. Oh god he'd just made a fool out of himself - out of all of them - on reality TV.

[Pietro] "I-I....mi dispiace, Alex, Meggan." He bowed stiffly. "I will leave you alone now. Perhaps......we will talk later." His eyes locked with Meggan's briefly.

[Pietro] "A-An' Alex.....mi amico....." Pietro smiled slightly. "I am sorry but......this means war."

[Pietro] "I love her. I hope you'll give me a good fight. She's worth it, si?"

[meggan] Meggan squeaked on hearing that.... Oh no, what did this mean? Were her two favourite people gonna end up hating eachother?

[meggan] "P-Pietro.... " she didn't look up, afraid to move in case she broke down, she was so confused... "I... I'm sorry...."

[Alex] That was a bit too much to stomach right now. Alex just looked at Pietro. "Why?...I thought you are my friend!"

[Pietro] Pietro shrugged. "You are. I am. But we both like her, si? I will not give up on her. Will you?"

[Pietro] "A-an' Meggan......do not be sorry. I am sorry for.....for over-reacting." He looked at the spilt cookies mournfully. His throat hurt from trying to keep the tears inside.

[Alex] Alex looked at Meggan, then back at Pietro. "...I'll never give up..." He looked him straight into the eyes. "And I won't forgive you, if you should make Meggan sad over this, got it?"

[Pietro] Pietro looked Alex straight in the eye back. "Si. An' de same to you.....amico. So." He held out a hand, keeping the other one clenched and trying not to noticed that it was vibrating and blurring slightly. "We are agreed, my frien'?"

[Alex] He took the hand of his friend. "Yes, we are..." He felt something clenching in his stomach, this made him so indefenitely sad...

[Pietro] Pietro managed one last smile as he shook Alex's hand. "Good." He looked at Meggan, felt his throat tighten as another tear fought its way out. He had to go. Now.

[Pietro] "Arrivederci....ti amo, Meggan." With that, he sped away, not caring where he ran or how fast even when all the trees became so many lines disappearing into white. He couldn't see them anyway, not through the tears.

[Pietro] All he could see, playing over and over in his head, was Alex and Meggan kissing.....and Alex's words..... 'I.......uhmm, really like her.....'

[Pietro] I really like her too......

[Alex] Alex saw his friend vanishing in a blur. He turned and walked over to Meggan. A single tear was slowly running down his cheeks. She still stood there, her head dropped, so he tenderly held it up on her chin, like when they kissed...how much time seemed to have pass since then, counted in sadness...

[Alex] "Meggan, I...I just want you to know that I never intended this to happen, but...But with all the shit that happened in my life, all the grief I felt, I just don't want to give up on the first person which ever made me happy, I'm sorry for being so selfish, Meggan..."

[meggan] Meggan bit her lip, "I.... don't be sorry.... please... anything but sorry..... I can't... you... Pietro... I can't do this now!"

[meggan] Meggan didn't know what to do to make this right. She was so confused and upset and afraid of losing the two people she really cared about besides her foster parents. All she could think of was running. Running as far and as fast as she could.

[meggan] So she did. She turned and left Alex standing there. Alone on the blanket where they'd sat not long ago so happy with the remains of a lovely picnic scattered around him. She felt awful for leaving him there but she had to get away. Had to find someone to help her figure this out.

[Alex] Alex just stood there, all alone now. The cameramen were still filming, but a single mean look off him made them get away as fast as they could. Then he just lay down on the blanket...

[Alex] He was looking at the stars above him slowly becoming visible, and he could smell her scent on the blanket, and although it go colder and colder, hot tears started floating down his cheeks...
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

It's on. *g* Better hope Paige doesn't find out she made him cry.
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

awww.. sad story. Still rooting for you Alex!
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Btw:
[Alex] He slightly held up her chin and saw her eyes sparkling because of the setting sun. His lips slowly approached hers and finally met her. He started a long kiss...
Small nod to paws' first kiss, thanks for sharing that memory with us :)

And something else: You guys have done it, I finally have not even the slightest idea how to resolve this mess, and I am one of the 'performers'!
:shifty

[Edited on 9/2/07 by Freak]
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

"Uhm, hey Pietro...that's a slight bit bad timing here, you know?"
Now that's a goading line if I've ever saw one.

I feel bad for all three, but like she's some wishbone to be fought over. You two don't have a choice in the matter :P.

Paws
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

Yeah seriously, i can't believe yall are fighting! Over a girl no less!!! ... wait... hasn't something not completly unlike this happened in the not to recent past? ... ;) j/king btw ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by stjohn
Yeah seriously, i can't believe yall are fighting! Over a girl no less!!! ... wait... hasn't something not completly unlike this happened in the not to recent past? ... ;) j/king btw ;)
Meggan is special :shifty

[Edited on 9/2/07 by Freak]
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Mwahahahahahahahahahaha *I* know how it's going to end ahahahahahahaha but I ain't tellin' :D

and what about 'poor Pietro'???? there has to be one of you that ships those two! awwwwww *pats the cookie monster* there there 'that italian guy' :P

And also WHAT ABOUT 'POOR MEGGAN'?!?!?!?!?!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by Svartfreja
Mwahahahahahahahahahaha *I* know how it's going to end ahahahahahahaha but I ain't tellin' :D
:poke tell me...I didn't even know there is a plan :shifty

and btw: no one is shipping Meggan/Pietro because Meggan/Alex is faaaaaar too cute :P
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Alex/Meggan pwns Meggan/Pietro. :P

And my loyalty is to Alex. ;)
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator

HAHAHA. I'm the devils advocate here. I like Peitro, though I like Alex too. Peitro did 'stake his claim' first as well.

Personally, I still think Remy's advice is valid at this point in time. See both until you can make your mind up :P.

Paws
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by fourpawsonthefloor
HAHAHA. I'm the devils advocate here. I like Peitro, though I like Alex too. Peitro did 'stake his claim' first as well
Love isn't McDonald's, ma'am: First come first serve doesn't apply here...at least I hope so :shifty

And you can't be against Alex/Meggan, the cool kids will make you suffer! :P
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6