2/22 Instance: Gambit v. Rebound Lad

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Remy] Remy scrolled through Lizzies comments, looking in vain for any new information on Angel. It was so utterly frusterating. How could no one not know anything?

[Remy] He nearly skipped over TJ's comments, as he was accustomed to do...he just couldn't read them - only something caught his eye, as he went past it. Scrolling back up he tried to puzzle out the one line of stoned rambling. His stomach lurched.

[Remy] "MAUDIT!" He took the cordless mouse and hurled it across the room, watching as it shattered against the door. He sucked in deep breaths, trying to gain ahold of his temper and failing miserabally. Fuck this place. Fuck everything in it.

[Remy] He rubbed his one hand, knuckels still scabbed from when he'd found out about Vic. That had helped. Kind of. He scooped up a bottle, and headed outside.

[Remy] He didn't wait to walk into the treeline this time. It was late. No one should be around anyway. He whirled and punched the brick facade of the school, smashing it again harder as the pain flared up welcomingly.

[Remy] About his fifth hit he felt a sickening crunch and stopped, hissing a bit as he shook his hand out, spattering blood drops around. There. Now for the booze.

[PeteWisdom] Pete looked around the corner, cigarette in his mouth.

[PeteWisdom] "What'd that wall ever do to you, mate?"

[Remy] Remy whirled on his heel at the voice. Of all the fucking luck. Not only was someone out here after all but it was him. He narrowed his eyes. "Stay out of Remy's fuckin' business homme."

[PeteWisdom] He raised his hands up in mock surrender. "Sure thing, homme. I'm sure whatever the wall did, it deserves this."

[Remy] He screwed the cap of the bottle off and took a long swallow, glaring at the man when he put it down. "So what are y' anyways? Dealer? Or somethin' else?"

[PeteWisdom] "I'm just a student here." He took a drag on his cigarette. "But I do know people, so if someone needs something, chances are I can provide it. Why, you looking?"

[Remy] "Non." He walked up closer to the man, clenching his jaw. "Jus' wasn't sure if y' were dat or a pimp. Pretty hard t' tell."

[PeteWisdom] He raised his eyebrow at that, and the challenge clear in the other man's stance.

[PeteWisdom] "Pimp? I've done some pretty horrible things in my time, mate, but pimping isn't one of them."

[Remy] "Non? But y'll take it as payment for y' gettin' shit for someone, neh? What d' fuck does dat make y' den?"

[PeteWisdom] Pete wasn't about to back down from this inbred swamprat, so he just calmly took another drag.

[PeteWisdom] "I deal in cash and favors of the non-sexual kind. I want it bad enough, I can find it."

[PeteWisdom] He tilted his head just a little. "Why does it matter to you, anyway?"

[Remy] He narrowed his eyes. "If y' don't den why did T..." he stopped and clenched his jaw, and took a deep breath. He could do this. "Why d' fuck did TJ have t' kiss y' t' get weed? An' what's d' next stop?"

[PeteWisdom] He had to grin at that. "Is that what you thought happened? I'm sorry mate, she paid me same as anyone else."

[PeteWisdom] He took another drag to drag this out just a few more moments.

[PeteWisdom] "She kissed me because she wanted to."

[Remy] He closed his eyes and turned his face from the man. He'd been enraged to think of TJ being taken advantage of in that way...with it not really being his place to say anything. But willing? He wasn't ready for that.

[Remy] "Den Remy owes y' an apology." he finally managed to force out. "Y're both adults. Whatcha do is y're business."

[PeteWisdom] Was he... was he about to cry or turn around and punch him?

[PeteWisdom] Pete sighed, might as well throw him a bone.

[PeteWisdom] "Look, she only kissed me the once, then told me she couldn't do it. That's it, that's all that happened."

[Remy] He sagged to sit on the floor of the patio, drinking from the bottle again. "It ain't any of Remy's fuckin' business." He made a face at the echo of his words before. "Don't want t' hear about it, comprehends?"

[PeteWisdom] He stayed standing and shrugged. "Whatever you say." He couldn't help but smile remembering the feel of her straddling his hips, only wearing pajama bottoms and a tank top...

[Remy] He drank while Pete smoked for a bit, the silence tense and nervy around them. He had no right to butt in, he knew, but yet...

[Remy] "Y' get her good stuff, bein? Feed her any laced shit an' Remy'll shove it up y're ass."

[PeteWisdom] He looked down at Remy, a little amused. He held his cigarette in his lips for a moment and dug a small baggie out of his coat.

[PeteWisdom] "Here, just enough for a decent joint." He tossed it to the cajun. "You tell me."

[Remy] He glowered at the man, but took a small pinch of it instead, choosing to taste it. If it was laced, he'd feel the effects through absorption anyway, but at a lower dose. So much nasty stuff out there.

[Remy] He made a face, and took another swig. If only weed didn't taste that gross.

[Remy] He chucked the bag back. "So what's in it for y' anyway? Y' get a good cut as d' middle man?"

[PeteWisdom] He caught it, never one to waste product.

[PeteWisdom] "A decent cut, I do a few favors for a few friends that already owe me as it is... just your basic free enterprise."

[PeteWisdom] He shrugged. "If I wasn't getting it for her, she'd find someone else to do it."

[Remy] "Je sais. Its fine." He took another deep drink. "Ain't her keeper anyways."

[PeteWisdom] He leaned up against the wall, letting the smoke from his cigarette drift off. "Nah, seems like Lizzie took over that particular job."

[Remy] He shrugged. "Always has been her way. She looks out for everyone here."

[PeteWisdom] He shook his head. "No, not everyone."

[Remy] He arched a brow, really looking at the man for the first time. "Feelin' a little left out are y'?"

[PeteWisdom] He looked back down at Remy, nearly choking on a laugh. Or tar.

[PeteWisdom] "Me? No mate, Liz never bothers looking after herself. At least until she finally snaps, gets pissed, and shoves me in the nearest pool."

[Remy] Despite himself, a corner of his mouth jerked up at that. "Sounds like Lizzie." He glance down at his hand. The scabs had reformed on his knuckles, but the hand looked a little grotesque with the brusing and swelling and dried blood.

[Remy] He looked at Pete again. "So y' want t' be her keeper den?"

[PeteWisdom] "Who, Liz?" What was her name again? "TJ?"

[Remy] He glowered at the man again. He'd thought that subject safely off the table. "Lizzie."

[PeteWisdom] "Nah, she's just a mate from England. Met her once or twice, funny seeing her here."

[PeteWisdom] "To be honest, I'm not looking to be anyone's keeper. Keep busy enough looking out for myself." He shrugged.

[Remy] "Fair enough." He couldn't feel anything other than the booze either, so he figured that his shit was clean enough.

[PeteWisdom] He nodded. "Next time you feel the need to hit something that hard, go for something softer. That wall is always going to win."

[PeteWisdom] He took another drag, then flicked the cigarette away. "I'm out of here. See you around, mate."

[Remy] "Dat was d' point." He gave him a salute with the bottle. "Au revior."
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

If Pete even tried to be Lizzie's keeper he'd be Crispy Cockney.
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Oooh! Can I get a Crispy Cockney with a side of chips?

Well done you two! I love these interactions - they're so fun.
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

Jeez, Pete said he doesn't want to be Liz's keeper, he resisted drunken advances, and yet he's still threatened with burnination?

Poor guy. Hate to be him.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Awwww this is too sad...

And Pete's a bastard, however:
[PeteWisdom] Pete sighed, might as well throw him a bone.

[PeteWisdom] "Look, she only kissed me the once, then told me she couldn't do it. That's it, that's all that happened."
Stuff like that backpeddles the bastard. No wonder everyone thinks he's nice! :shifty
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
idsunki
Butt Monkey
Butt Monkey
Title: NARC!!!!!

Post by idsunki »

You might notice a pattern to the people he's not a complete and utter bastard to - the ones with incredibly dangerous and deadly powers.
You always know where the X-Men have been
because it's always on fire.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by idsunki
You might notice a pattern to the people he's not a complete and utter bastard to - the ones with incredibly dangerous and deadly powers.
*sigh* Poor Doug.
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

[Remy] "Y' get her good stuff, bein? Feed her any laced shit an' Remy'll shove it up y're ass."

^ I lol'd, bless Remy *huggles*

Awww Pete trying to be nice again *pat*
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6