2/22 Instance: No Use Crying Over Spilled Alcohol

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

((Timeline after White Men Can't Jump))

[Summers] Scott stared at the empty glass on the bed. shouldn't've done that. He put it on Angel's nightstand, then got up and put it int he bathroom, just so she wouldn't know he'd been drinking.

[Eve] Eve had been trying all day to get a reading on Angel, just wasn't working right. maybe i could work it like off those crappy T.V. shows and use something of hers to make it stronger..

[Summers] Walking back into the room, he yanked the soaked bedclothes off, nose wrinkling at the sharp scent of the spilled alcohol. I wonder if Jean-Paul would know where to get drugs. He might have heard of Derrek. How long has he been in New York?

[Eve] Eve thought about sneaking back into the room Angel and Scott shared the way he had before, but settled on a more practical way. As he walked there he tried one last time to get it to work, the soft strands of light circled him.

[Eve] Concentrating on her face and the feeling of wings he kept his eyes on the circle but again, it still was perfectly round, still no indication of where she was. Making it to the door he knocked, hoping Scott was in.

[Summers] Scott jerked at the sound of someone knocking, and dropped the sheets. He kicked them over to the corner and crossed over to the door and opened it a crack. "Yeah?" Oh - it's Eve.

[Summers] He opened it wider and said, "come in."

[Eve] "Hey bro..., thanks." Eve said as the door opened and then he slipped in. damn, he doesn't look to good...

[Eve] "How you holding up man?" Eve said crossing over to a chair by a desk.

[Summers] Scott weighed his answers. "Like shit, thanks." He closed the door and leant back against it, holding his arms in front of him, crossing his chest. "So - you just got Angel here so the cameras didn't see?" He asked point-blank, hoping to catch the other off-guard. Never hurts to be sure.

[Eve] "Yeah, she was stressing over them a bit, you didn't think that we did something did you?" wow, and here i was expecting to beat around the bush for half hour about that...

[Summers] Scott modded to himself. "Well, I just had to be sure." He listed over to the computer to check if the latest search had proved useful. "So...whaddaya whant?" It hadn't. He closed the program down and turned to face Eve, holding into the edge of the desk for support.

[Eve] "Well... last week when Remy disapeared, I figured out how to track people... I've been trying to find Angel using it, but it hasn't been working.... and I know it sounds tacky but, i was wondering if there was anything I could borrow for a bit to try to focus on." That sounds stupider out loud...

[Summers] He just gave Eve a blank stare. "Do what?" Tack people? Like a bloodhound?

[Eve] *Well... I guess it would probably be easier to show you... Um.. Pick someone in the school and I'll show you how it works." Eve brought out the small string of light to form a circle infront of them.

[Summers] He raked a hand through his hair, wincing at the oilyness of it having gone unwashed since his pool laps the day before. "Um...Jean-Paul?"

[Eve] oh sure pick a hard one... just hope he was still in this state.. "Deal, no problem." Focusing on JP's face and moving at super speed, the light started to point towards the city.

[Eve] "See the intensity of the light says how far away they are, and the direction is where it points... that parts pretty obvious.. but yeah, I can get anyone at the school like this."

[Summers] "Fascinating." Scott said, heaving himself upright, and went over to her bureau. He dug around for a bit, then took out a necklace from her jewelry box. "Try this." He handed it to Eve, nearly dropping it, as he almost missed the other's hand.

[Eve] his hands arn't very steady... breathe smells too, bet he's been drinking. Can't blame him though... Taking the necklace he held on to it and started to focus on Angel again.

[Eve] The circle of red, blue, and yellow light just continued in its slow spin.

[Eve] No pointing anywhere, and no change in the color....

[Summers] "What des thaht mean?" Scott said sharply.

[Eve] Looking dejected again... "This is what i've been getting all day... It means i can't sense her..."

[Eve] He quickly added before Scott could get more worried, "It could just means she is out of range though... I was just barely able to get Remy in New Orleans..."

[Summers] Scott slumped back, missing the bed and falling in a heap next to it. "But New York City is so much closer..."

[Summers] He didn't bother to wipe the tears, and stared at Eve's shoes.

[Eve] "I know... You ok?" He had hit the floor pretty hard. Getting up he tried to help Scott back onto the bed as well.

[Summers] "I'll be fine." Scott pushed Eve away and lay back on the bed. "I'm just drunk. I'll be better tomorrow." He struggled into an upright position. "Thank you for trying."

[Eve] "Anytime... And if you need anything man, just let me know.. maybe I can pick up your homework as well?"

[Eve] Walking over to the bathroom he grabbed a glass he found, filled it with water and brought it back to Scott. "Water? Or i could go get you some coffee if you want."

[Summers] He took the glass of water and drank it. "Thanks. Really. I'll be fine." And if he did kill her, they won't find his corpse.

[Eve] "Deal, just know you don't have to go it alone man, you've got plenty of friends here that have your back, Angel's too." Eve said as he put a hand on Scott's back, rubbing it a little like he used to do with his brother.

[Summers] Scott curled up, grateful for Eve's soothing presence. The first sob was hard to get out. So hard that he'd have thought that there would be a pause before the next - but, no. There was no pause between that one or the next, or the next.

[Eve] Seeing tears start to stream down his cheeks, and feeling Scott sob under his hands Eve sat on the bed beside him.

[Eve] Eve kept his hand on Scott's back, letting him know he wasn't alone. "It's all right bro, we'll find her, and she will be ok." He said, moving his hand to the back of Scott's neck. man he is tense... bet this is the first time he's really let it out...

[Edited on 22/2/07 by fourpawsonthefloor]

[Edited on 23/2/2007 by JSherlock]
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Very good guys! Damn. :(

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

:bawl OMG! You guys!!!! That really did make me all sniffley!
Ferguson
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Fergie the Unjust

Post by Ferguson »

Aww, the very first line of it got me. :cry
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

Awwww poor Scott. Bless Eve for looking after him though awwwww
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6