2/26 Instance: Tough nut - cracked.

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Remy] Remy took in a deep breath, knowing that it wouldn't be too long till the frost set in. At least it wasn't as shocking as last year. He took another hit off the joint, leaning over the railing, elbows supported on it.

[Remy] Rahne was having a nap in the room anyway, and the petite wanted to avoid pot, so better to do it far away from her. He needed to get some more soon. He was going through it way quicker than usual.

[Meggan] Meggan wandered out onto the Patio, she caught the familar scent and smiled, she knew Remy would be out here. Seemed to be his usual place to relax after the day. She cleared her throat to get his attention.

[Remy] Startled out of his introspection, he turned, and smiled a bit at the girl just stepping out on the patio. "Hey petite."

[Remy] He leaned one hip against the railing and took another lazy drag. "Haven't converted y' yet, has Remy?"

[Meggan] Meggan smiled and shook her head, "Just wanted a chat, is all... is that ok?" She wandered further out onto the patio and looked out over the grounds, standing beside Remy. Outside was good.

[Remy] "Certainment." He made his smile more welcoming. "Y're in more often now...sleepin' good? Findin' controllin' y're shields better?"

[Meggan] "Yeah, it's a lot easier now... well... it was." She sighed, "I dunno what is wrong with me lately. I can't even control my shapeshifting properly. I keep waking up with blonde hair or wings..." she gripped the rail tightly, stopping her shapeshifting from responding to the thought.

[Meggan] "It's really annoying me now," she frowned, "But I know it's not empathy realted so I dunno what it is. That side of things is fixed... well, it's not as broken as my shapeshifting," she smiled awkwardly, "seems like I can't ever be in one piece."

[Remy] "Oui? Well...it keeps life more interestin' neh? D' minor stuff at least. Some of d' bigger shifts could be a bit of a pain in d' ass."

[Remy] "Y' talked t' McCoy or anythin' about it?"

[Meggan] Meggan shook her head, "I don't want to. Would rather learn how to fix it myself... have to figure out what the hell's up first though." Meggan sighed heavily, why was everything so difficult?

[Meggan] "And now my foster parents have gone home so I can't ask them for help either...And Pietro's in Italy so no more human shield. Alex is being really sweet but I have to keep my shields up around him so it's still like I'm working hard all the time..."

[Remy] "Well...dat sucks." He took a final drag and flicked the butt over the railing. "It takes a lot of work though, neh? But once y' figure it out, y'll have it made. Y' just got the hang in dere." He put a hand on her shoulder. "Y'll get it. It'll be ok."

[Meggan] Meggan looked across at him, "I just hate that barrier stuff, you know? I like being that in touch with things. It's weird having the shield there, even if it is safer... there's no rule that says I have to like it, right?"

[Meggan] She sighed again, tucking her hair behind her ear and frowning as it had gone a reddish-brown colour. "Gah stupid hair. I give up."

[Remy] "Why d' y' like it?" He frowned in confusion. "It don't drive y' mad? All d' messed up way people are feelin' all around y'?" He cut himself off before he could go further. Smiling again he flicked a lock of her hair. "It's jolie. An' cool. Y'll never get sick of it dat way."

TJSpying enters this room

[Meggan] "It's annoying, it won't stay one colour...." she sighed again as it went from straight to curly, "See? It's got a mind of it's own."

[Meggan] "It mught sound odd, but the 'messed up' stuff is what I like. Lets me know that they're still human, it's so starnge not having it there. I grew up feeling it, it's like losing a limb."

[Remy] "Ah. Still think dat's neat." he gave her hair one last small tug. "An' whatever works for y'...works. If y're happy with it, an' grew up like dat, can't be too bad, neh?"

[Remy] "Glad it ain't buggin' y' as much though. Gettin' too cold t' spend all day out, an' definately too cold at night."

[Meggan] "It's never too cold for a shape-shifter," Meggan grinned, "Best thing about it."

[Meggan] "But I can't really rely much on my shape-shifting at the moment, since it's broken. So maybe it's just as well that I can sleep in doors." She sighed again, sittiing down on the floor and resting her head on the railings.

[Remy] "Y' don't like it inside? Or is d' thing with d' boys still messin' with y're head?"

[Meggan] "I prefer being outside... I guess it's 'cause I spent all of my life practially outside til I was 16 - I grew up in a caravan. And even back home with the Joneses we're really cut off in our cottage."

[Meggan] "It's nice to be so close to nature... comforting somehow... And now I sound like a crazy person..."

[Remy] He chuckled. "Well Remy was raised as a city boy, so d' woods are a bit confusin' for him. Imagine it works d' same way around for y'."

[Remy] "So what was it like for y'? Growin' up?"

[Meggan] "Well... I guess people have had it worse. But it wasn't really nice. My parents and everyone in the camp were afraid of me so they kept me locked in the caravan. I learnt about stuff from TV and I couldn't read or write very well 'til I ran away and met Mark and Sian."

[Meggan] She smiled, "I owe them so much. I've never met anyone like them, they're so nice and they don't care that I'm different... They don't care about my past, either..."

[Remy] "Its good y' found dem den. Dey supportin' y' being here?"

[Meggan] "Yeah... they were a bit unsure of it til they met Alex and Pietro but they kinda trust them to look after me now," she smiled slightly, "I owe them a lot too. They really helped me settle in and stuff... and you too," she glanced up at him,

[Meggan] "You never seem to send anyone away, even if you want to be alone..." she tilted her head in that puppy-like way, "It's intriguing... and.. even if I let my shields slip... I never seem to get anything off you."

[Remy] "Hmm?" he flashed her a huge grin. "Y' tellin' Remy he's empty headed petite?"

[Meggan] Meggan blushed and giggled, "No, that's not what I mean... Sorry... You just... um... hide your emotions well... um... from empaths anyway - not from people watchers," she smiled, "I'm guilty of that, the watching thing - I'm curious."

[Remy] "Oh?" He wasn't sure he liked where the conversation was going. It started hitting a bit closer to home again. Canny little thing this one. "An' just what parts of Remy are y' watchin'?" he asked with a small leer.

[Meggan] Meggan blushed again, "Uh... Ok... um..." how in the hell was she supposed to word this without sounding like a pervert?

[Meggan] "I... observe... stuff... I used to do it all the time, in my caravan... watch out the window, to see how people reacted to stuff... trya nd guess their moods. I got quite good at it." She looked up at him again, "And you're not happy, Remy..."

[Remy] His smile faltered and he looked away, digging in his pocket for another joint. "Ah. It ain't nothin petite. We got Angel back, an' things are goin' ok, neh? D' Vic things still a bit of a mess, but dat'll get fixed up." He turned back when he light up, smiling again. Think relaxed. Easy. Confident

[Remy] "Its all good petite. Was really stressed for a bit about d' whole kidnappin' thing, but she's ok. Glad t' have her back."

[Meggan] Meggan frowned, liar she thought, "Ok, whatever you say. I won't push it 'cause you don't want to talk about it." She sighed and looked up at the moon, the nightsky was so beautiful.

[Meggan] "Don't you think it would be better sometimes... if people didn't care what others thought of them?"

[Remy] He winced at her tone, sighing. It was better this way. He was fine. "Y' mean like not worrin' about bein' judged? Suppose so, oui. Too much judgin' in d' world already, neh? An' no one dat knows it more dan d' people here.

[Meggan] She pulled herself up, "So why are you so worried?" she wasn't letting this drop so easily, she diddn't look at him directly but watched him out of the corner of her eye, "You shouldn't bottle stuff up, it's not good for you. I'm not saying I'm the right person to talk to but..." she sighed,

[Meggan] What was ht epoint? He didn't want to open up to anyone, never mind her. He barely knew her, after all. But it wasn't fair, he was always hearing everyone else's problems. The least she could do was offer.

[Remy] His lips thinned again, and he took a big drag again. "Ah petite. Y're kind. Y' wanna look out for people, neh?" He turned to her, a softer expression on his face. "Its good. Glad y're like dat."

[Remy] "Remy's jus' fine though...sure got a couple of things, but everyone does, neh? Dey'll go away. Dey always do." He shrugged and took another drag. "Nothin' dat Remy can't handle. Y' jus' deal, oui?"

[Meggan] Meggan nodded, "I suppose so..." she sighed again, "But... I guess what I'm trying to say is... you don't have to deal with it alone, if you don't want to." She looked over at him and smiled, "I know I'm probably the last person you want to talk to about this but..."

[Meggan] "I owe it to you to listen, at least... if you ever want to open up. You're so closed off, it worries me... But I guess that's the empath talking again..."

[Remy] "It ain't y'. Has nothin' t' do with it." He chucked her under her chin. "Don't y' feel bad about nothin'." Jeeze why did empathy have to keep coming up? He couldn't understand her comfort with it. It was the scariest damn thing he could think of.

[Remy] "Remy's jus' always dealt with stuff on his own. Ain't no big deal petite. But Merci for the thought. Remy's always figured shit out jus' fine though."

[Meggan] Before she'd even thought about it, Meggan was giving Remy a rib-crushing hug. Sure he wouldn't admit it but he needed one.

[Meggan] "Wish I knew how to do that. Better for most people to talk about it... Think I'd explode if I kept it all bottled up like that."

[Remy] He oofed slightly at the hug, but squeezed back. Never one to complain about a nice armful of a pretty girl, him. He wondered at his need to be in phycial contact with people sometimes.

[Remy] "Well y' know Remy." he flicked a card out and lit it up. "He has ways of explodin' shit productively, neh?" he chuckled a bit and let the charge trickle out of the card, passing it over to her.

[Meggan] Meggan looked at it, she'd wondered what Remy could do. "You blow stuff up?" she looked up at him, "it went all pink..." she giggled.

[Remy] "Y' didn't know?" He took the card again, flared it to life and chucked it a good ways out into the open sky. It exploded with the usual flare and he chuckled. "What did y' think Remy did petite? Jus' d' eyes?"

[Meggan] Meggan smiled, "I don't like to ask... some are a bit sensitive about it... you're eyes are pretty." Her shape-shifting kicked in and she unconciously changed her eye colour to match Remy's.

[Remy] He blinked and then chuckled. "Maybe so...ain't seen dem much on others though. Takes some gettin' used to." He traced a finger down her face. "Think y' could make anything pretty though, petite."

[Meggan] Meggan blushed, "I wish everyone thought like that," she blinked a few times, her eyes changing from blue to brown and then settling on green. "And this shifting thing is annoying..."

[Meggan] She sighed and rested her head on Remy's shoulder, "Wish I knew what the hell broke it..." the curls dropped out of her hair and it became the same shade as Remy's.

[Remy] "Well at least its stuff dat's more cosmetic. Keeps people on dere toes, neh? Its like havin' a whole buffet wrapped up into one person, neh?"

[Remy] "An what d' y' mean everyone thinkin' like dat. Seems t' me y' got two admirers already, y' lookin' for more." he teased.

[Meggan] Meggan smiled, though she didn't look up, "Was thinking more of my past... and it's not always 'cosmetic'... I grew claws in class the other day." She looked up, "I'm not a tastey snack you know, calling me a buffet indeed," she grinned, "And two is plenty, it's confusing enough."

[Remy] "Hmm. Still think y' should go see McCoy." He leaned in close, a slow grin spreading across his face. "An' wouldn't say dat y' wouldn't be tasty petite." He met her eyes with a knowing smirk.

[Meggan] Meggan blushed and looked down, "I... er... If I don't know what's wrong how is Dr. McCoy suppossed to help me?" she twisted a lock of hair around her fingers, nervously.

[Remy] "Dat's what he's supposed t' find out. He's d' doctor neh? He can help y' figure out what's wrong."

[Meggan] "But I was fine until... Oh..." the thought struck her, she'd been fine until Pietro had had to go away. But it couldn't be that simple, could it?

[Remy] "Until what petite?"

[Meggan] "Until Pietro went back to Italy..." she looked up at him, "But that can't be why... can it?" She blinked again, her eyes going silver momentarily. She shook her head, this was all so complicated...

[Remy] "Ah. Y' said he sheilded y' somehow, neh? Maybe he's a buffer for y're powers."

[Meggan] "They were fine before I came here though... my shapeshifting's never been a problem before..." she put her face in her hands, "I don't know what's happened..."

[Remy] He wrapped an arm around her. Lots of challenges for the girls here. He didn't mind getting to hold them while they calmed down though. Some guys didn't know what to do with tears. He wasn't one of them.

[Remy] "It'll be ok. Y're jus' probabally goin' through some adjustments right now. Lifes changed a lot for y' neh?"

[Remy] "Mais, y'll figure it out. Look at all y've learned already."

[Meggan] Meggan nodded and smiled up at him gratefully, "It's just strange... one person I barely know leaveing does more damage than me leaving my home and coming all this way to a place I don't know."

[Meggan] She wrapped her arms around Remy, it was nice to get a hug, she sighed, "Stupid shapeshifting... more trouble than it's worth..."

[Remy] He hugged her back again. "Ah...can think of some ways it'd be very useful petite."

[Remy] "D' power thing can be good. Or it can be freaky as hell. Its just a matter of figurin' it out...an' den y're fine."

[Meggan] "I thought I had it figured out... but obviously there's stuff I still don't know about me."

[Meggan] She rested her head on his shoulder again, trying to concentrate on keeping her apearence the same for at least five minutes.

[Remy] He chuckled again. "Ain't dat true about everyone. When y' figure it out, y'll let Remy know, neh?"

[Remy] He grinned at her. "Jus' most people don't turn different colours until dey figure out d' next thing in there life."

[Meggan] Oh no, why did he have to say that? Meggan squeaked as her skin went through vairying shades of pink, brown green and even blue before reverting back to normal. She sat down on the floor. "If I haven't killed myself, I'll let you know when I fix it."

[Meggan] She stared fixatedly at the ground, breathing slowly and controlled. Trying to concentrate. "Sorry.... I keep doing that - changing when people suggest..."

[Remy] "Oh merde. Didn't know dat petite." He looked at her worriedly, wondering at the squack. "Its dangerous? Hurts y'?"

[Meggan] "No it doesn't hurt... more the surprise. Feels odd, you know? Like a prickling sensation, for skin colour anyway. Hard to describe the rest."

[Meggan] She smiled, "Don't worry, I'm fine, really... Just annoyed. It's frustrating - I spent so long learning out to control it and it's all undone in a few days..."

[Remy] "Oui. Can see why y'd be frusterated." He finished the joint and debated starting another. He was pleasantly woozy...but he didn't know if it would be enough.

[Remy] "Well, y' jus' let Remy know if he can help y' at all. Be happy to." He ducked down out of impluse and gave her a friendly peck on the lips. "Always happy t' help a pretty girl out."

TJSpying exits from this room

TJSpying enters this room

[Meggan] Meggan blinked then blushed, "Thanks..." she mumbled... she felt a bit weird, maybe it was the fumes from what ever Remy was smoking.

[Remy] He looked at her flushed face, and the uncertain way she was holding herself. "Y' ok? Want Remy t' take y' up t' y're room or somethin'? We could get somethin' t' eat too if y' want."

[Meggan] "I... I... don't know..." she was aware that her shields were falling away with the concentration of holding this form, "Bloody broken shape-shifting." her shoulders sagged, she gave up, figuring it would be better to hold the shields than her appearence.

[Meggan] Her skin darkened to blue again and her hair to a blue-black. Well... this was different, she looked at her hands. At least she was still sort of human looking...

[Remy] He let go of her like she was a hot potato and stepped back, turning from her and taking deep breaths. "Maybe y' should head in. Gettin' kind of chilly, neh?" He managed to finally work out.

[Meggan] Meggan put her palms flat on the floor. Oh gods, she'd upset him, she looked up, "Remy, I..." she bit her lip, "I'm, sorry... I can't help it..." She closed her eyes tight, Don't cry, you'll make it worse....

[Remy] "It ain't y're fault petite. Jus' Remy's. Je suis desole...we'll talk another time bein? Jus' - can y' go?"

[Meggan] Meggan couldn't hold it in anymore, she let out a sob and put her face in her hands, "I'm sorry... I didn't mean to..." she got to her feet shakily, "I'm really sorry, Remy..."

[Remy] Merde. Now he'd made her cry. He tired to turn around to face her, and paused as his stomach roiled. He bit his lower lip, fighting himself. It was just Meggan. Listen to the voice. Keep your eyes shut. He cursed himself roundly.

[Remy] Why was he being such an idiot? He took another deep breath, tasting the iron on his tongue as he shoved down harder. He turned, and pulled her back into his arms, keeping his eyes off of her. "Don' cry. Its ok. Jus' suprised me dere petite." he stroked her hair. "Shh. Remy's fine."

[Meggan] "I'm so sorry..." that was all she could think to say, just a simple shift and she knew what was wrong with him. She clung to him tightly, letting her shields fall down, concentrating on changing her appearance back to what was 'normal' for her and keeping it that way.

[Meggan] "I didn't mean to upset you...." she sniffed and wiped her eyes on her sleeve, "I really am sorry... I didn't know what would happen..."

[Remy] He relaxed a little more as the hair in his periferal vision changed back to 'Meggan coloured'.

[Remy] "Its nothin' petite. Don't y' worry about it. Y're not t' blame...its nothin' y' need t' be sorry for."

[Meggan] Oh god he was hurting so much.... Meggan squeezed him tightly, "I'm sorry my shapeshifting's broken. And I'm sorry I reminded you why you're upset..." she paused, "I felt that..." she looked up at himand kissed him on the cheek, "at least I know you're not completely sealed off..."

[Meggan] She stepped back a bit, "I really am sorry...." how many times had she said that now? "I... I should... I should go..." she glanced out over the railing again... Outside....

[Remy] The muscle in his jaw jumped at her words. Merdemerdemerdemerde. He barely felt the brush of her lips on his cheek, as he scrambled to fix his mistake, slamming them up as high as they would go.

[Remy] He'd just not expected that.

[Remy] "Don't y' be sorry." He tried to make his next words sound less angry. "Y'...jus' take care of y'reself. Don't feel bad. Promise Remy dat? Y' won't beat y'reself up for dis?"

[Meggan] "How can I not?" she looked at him sadly, "I messed up..." she bowed her head, "Please forgive me..." she turned her back on him, "I'll not bother you again..."

[Remy] Impulse seized him, and he grabbed her hand, yanking her flush against him. There was only one way he really knew to show someone that he was totally ok with them. Old habits died hard. He caught her lips with his own, and kissed her thoroughly, but gently.

[Remy] He backed off, a small smile on his face. "Don't y' dare. Want y' t' feel like y' can confide in Remy. Just was a suprise, dats all. Will know next time, neh?"

[Meggan] Meggan was so surprised she couldn't think what to say to that. She blushed brilliantly, she looked away, "Ah... I... um... ok...?" Right now she was really confused.

[Meggan] What the hell had just happened? And why hadn't she slapped him like they did in the movies?

[Meggan] She took a couple of steps backwards, fighting the urge to turn and run away. "I... why did you...?" Damn brain! WORK!

[Remy] He shrugged. "Only way dat Remy could think of t' let y' know we're cool. Didn't want y' cryin'. Nothin' more dan dat petite."

[Meggan] Meggan sighed inwardly, phew! Anything else and she was likely to give up on people altogether. "O-okay..."

[Meggan] "I-I should go..." she flicked her eyes from the doorway to the railing, trying to decide which would be the most viable exit, "Don't... don't tell anyone... about what I said..."

[Remy] "Won't. Wouldn't betray y're trust." he gently rubbed his thumb over her cheek, wiping a tear that had managed to escape away. "Y' have a good night den petite. An' no guilt, oui?"

[Meggan] Meggan nodded, and tried a smile, "Th-thank you..." she gave him another quick kiss on the cheek before shifting into the form of a bird and taking off for the trees.

[Remy] He watched her go, waiting till she was out of site before he crumpled to the floor of the patio and put his face into his hands and just shook.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
stjohn
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: The Boggy Man

Post by stjohn »

"Anything else and she was likely to give up on people altogether"

Lol, we talked about this i believe ;)
Stjohn: did i walk in on yall doing :shifty?
* Bobby covers Lorna's goodies and whistles innocently.
Lorna: You see nothing!
Stjohn: pay no attention to the couple under the covers?
Lorna: There is no couple, no covers, and, on a different note, no spoon.
Stjohn: I don't believe you. I'm holding a spoon right now.
Lorna: Well damn
JSherlock
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: FABIO THOR
Nightscrawlearth Character: Dr. Summers, Wither, Callie

Post by JSherlock »

Oh, POOR Remy! :bawl that was absolutely brilliant, you two!
"... Pirates just kidnapped the bride and everyone is laughing. God I wish I spoke Finnish."
:cyclops :storm :pyro
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

*snuggles Remy* Great job guys!
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

:shifty reminds me an awful lot of the comic-Meggan...
methinks that Remy already has enough trouble, he shouldn't kiss certain people :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

LOL you know last night when paws did that I told her that Freak would be ALL over it :P

Svart is EVIL. EEEEEEVIL :eeevil

Poor Remy :(
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :eeevil That was SO much fun to do. I've been wanting to do that for a while, just had to set it up right :P
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Old habits die hard indeed! :LOL It’s the Doug kiss all over again! Very cool.

And poor, poor Remy. :bawl Meggan got through a little too well.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Oh she got me but good. I didn't see that coming at all. In fact, I thought we were nearly wrapped. Then boom - blue girl.

Brat.

I was actually going to Nacht on aim "looks like Remy's been able to evade yet again!" LOL

But hey...he got to smooch Meggan so its not all bad. :D Now when she talks to him, and he's uncomfortable, all he'll have to do is flirt hard and that should work ;). Hee.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.