3/5 Instance: Just Give Me The F!@#ing CD4+

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

[Northstar] * Northstar sighed, bracing himself for a visit that was likely going to be less than a joy.

[Northstar] He knocked on the infirmary door. "Annie?"

[Nurseannie] Annie looked over. "Hi Jean-Paul. Just when I was worrying about having to chase you down." She tittered at her small joke. "I believe you are due for some tests, right?"

[Northstar] How amusing. Jean-Paul gave her one of his best withering looks. "Yes, and a refill too, I do believe."

[Nurseannie] "Of your anti-virals? Of course. We've been keeping them in stock for you." She guestured at the table. "Well hop on up and we'll get started. How have you been feeling? Any symptoms?"

[Northstar] * Northstar "hopped up", then shook his head. "Not of... that, no. I meant I need more sleeping pills. I just realized I'm out of Ambien and I can't be bothered to go out to the store." He gave her an infuriating grin.

[Nurseannie] She folded her arms, and looked at him crossly. "You were only supposed to use those for thirty days Jean-Paul. If you were still experiencing problems, you were to come back here for a recheck."

[Nurseannie] She tightened the rubber band around his arm a tad more forceibally than usual, holding the needle out in front of her like a weapon. "Now, do you want to explain to me why you disobeyed my orders?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul winced, then waved off her diatribe with his mobile arm. "Yes, yes; I know. But I figured Ambien would be just as good."

[Nurseannie] She slipped the needle in, fairly gentle despite her posturing. "And why did you think it would be a good idea to just keep covering up your problem without thought as to how it is affecting you in other ways? I thought we talked about this Jean-Paul."

[Northstar] * Northstar rolled his eyes. "In what other way could insomnia affect me, Annie? So far, it's only affected me when I forgot to take the pills and kicked Remy out of bed."

[Nurseannie] "It affects your entire health." She pressed a cotton ball to his arm and folded it on itself. "If you don't get enough sleep, your immune system goes under stress. And incase you've forgotten, that is what HIV affects."

[Nurseannie] She caught the last line a little belatedly, and looked at him again. "Kick Remy out of bed? Am I to understand that you two are sexually active then?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul smiled brightly. "So you give me the pills, I get to sleep, and the problem's solved!"

[Northstar] "And of course we are; why else would we be sleeping in the same bed?"

[Nurseannie] "Don't get smart with me young man. You know perfectly well what I mean. You've been taking proper precautions then? Using protection every time?" she looked at him firmly. "You have told him of your status, right?"

[Northstar] A shadow crossed Northstar's face. "No. But he knows."

[Northstar] "And of course I use protection. As I told you the first time we so fondly met, I'm not a complete idiot. Nor am I an asshole."

[Nurseannie] "Ok. If its an informed decision, than far be it for me to step in. You are both old enough to know what you are doing. If you would be so kind to tell Mr. LeBeau that I expect him for regular tests now though, that would be good."

[Nurseannie] "So." She sat down on the stool that opposited the table. "Explain this 'insomnia' to me. You are having a hard time falling asleep? Staying asleep?"

[Northstar] Jean-Paul stared at her. He was beginning to regret saying anything. "If you want him to jump through your hoops for no reason, you tell him yourself."

[Northstar] He shook his head, then concentrated on the less annoying question. "Staying asleep. I'm just more vigorous than most when I'm dreaming; I tend to move around and it wakes me up. I assume they're more vivid than most; I don't remember them."

[Northstar] He smirked. "I have an excellent imagination. It has so much to draw on."

[Nurseannie] "So it was during one of these 'vigorous' dreams that you kicked Remy out of bed then?"

[Northstar] "Oh, no, that? I just did that for kicks, so to speak."

[Northstar] He sighed heavily. "I've answered this question. Yes, of course it was."

[Nurseannie] "If you have no recollection of these dreams, did he say anything to you about them? Most people only awaken for a few minutes after a dream, and then return to sleep."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul raised an eyebrow. "He said it wasn't a good dream, but he obviously had no idea; it was my dream, after all. And like you say, I was up for a few minutes, took the pills, and went right to sleep."

[Nurseannie] She frowned in thought at that. "So you know it was good how? You've implied that you believe you are having sex dreams, right? You must wake up in a state of arousal, or soemthing then?"

[Northstar] Northstar pondered. "Actually... no. Just sweaty and worn out. But that's how I know, I guess. It's a familiar feeling, neh?" He winked.

[Nurseannie] "Well, yes. But normally when one dreams like that, either they will wake up aroused, or...how do I put this." She raised an eyebrow. "In a state of completion? Either of which should be fairly apparent to you."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul shrugged. "Well, what can I say. I'm a deviant." He smirked.

[Nurseannie] "So you don't achieve orgasm or an erection during normal intercourse then?" She tipped her head at him. "You rely on other methods for your pleasure?"

[Northstar] This was beginning to get tiring. "Is there a point to this sexual questionnaire, or is this how you always satisfy your prurient curiosity while you're waiting for tests to come back?"

[Nurseannie] "What I'm trying to do is get you to think about those dreams of yours, Jean-Paul. You may want to think on that. They certainly do not seem like normal dreams to me. Expecially since you can never recall them."

[Northstar] "Fine, I'll think on that," Northstar agreed disinterestedly. "Now, in the meantime, do I get the pills or do I indeed have to run to Walgreens to find out if it's open 24x7?"

[Nurseannie] She huffed at him. "I'm not supporting your poor medical descisions Jean-Paul. But - its your life. There's nothing more I can do other than to encourage you to seek the help that is available here."

[Nurseannie] "You shouldn't treat your health, and therefore your life so lightly. You have a lot of things to live for."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul gave her a condescending look. "I know how to live, Annie. I guarantee you I've been living longer than you have. I've always done exactly what I wanted to do, without any regrets. Can you say the same?"

[Northstar] He looked away and raised his chin slightly. "The way I live my life works for me. I see no need to change it."

[Nurseannie] She sighed, but didn't say anything else on it. There was no explaining to the young how you'd look back at things one day. "Ok then. I'll let you know your results soon as I get them."

[Nurseannie] "If you have any further problems, please check back with me."

[Northstar] * Northstar raised an eyebrow. "And I expect if I want more pills, I'll have to come in for a refill?"

[Nurseannie] "If you expect more pills, you have to spend an hour with Dai. Then I will provide you with a refil."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul stared at her disbelievingly. "Je vous demande pardon?" (I beg your pardon?)

[Nurseannie] "If you have a preoccupation with sex to the point that it is disrupting your sleep each night, then I don't think you can simply dump more pills on it. And if its something else she'll help with that too." she met his gaze firmly. "I honestly do have your best interests at heart Jean-Paul."

[Northstar] * Northstar rolled his eyes and jumped off the table. "Of course you do."

[Northstar] Of course she didn't; she was just being meddlesome to be meddlesome. Like everyone in the medical profession, she gloried in the power trip. "Well, I'm sure you'll let me know about those tests."

[Nurseannie] "Of course." she turned back to his blood. "I'll run them right now."

[Northstar] Jean-Paul headed for the door. Ambien it was. He was pretty sure Walgreens was open 24x7 anyway.

[Nurseannie] She sighed as he left. Nothing more frusterating than trying to help those who refused to be helped. However...what could you do? And lord knew, there was enough kids to help here.

[Edited on 5/3/2007 by HoodedMan]
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Man, JP is a jerk

And of course Walgreens is open 24/7!!!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

LOL, JP is such a hard-headed brat! I do wanna know what happened to him though. Hmm.
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Man, JP is a jerk

Not all of them. During the late hours, some are closed and only the pharmacy is open (not what JP needs), and some of the pharmacies are closed too.

Most of them are, though, indeed. :P
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by HoodedMan
Originally posted by NachtcGleiskette
Man, JP is a jerk

Not all of them. During the late hours, some are closed and only the pharmacy is open (not what JP needs), and some of the pharmacies are closed too.

Most of them are, though, indeed. :P
This is NY baby!
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€