3/7 Instance: Awakening

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
HoodedMan
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Lord Sarcasmo von Snarkypants

Post by HoodedMan »

[Elizabeth] Looking around the corridor, Lizzie held her breath as she slipped through the door to Warren's room and shut it quietly after her. Sidestepping, she shakily set her bag down and pulled off her shoes, jeans and hoodie, already dressed in her nightshirt underneath.

[Elizabeth] She couldn't stay in her room...After lying on the forest floor for god knows how long she had picked herself up and made her way back to school, scared of everything around in the forest. Lizzie had showered then made herself go see Annie for her hurt wrist. She tripped on the path while running..

[Elizabeth] Annie bought it, barely, and had bandaged her up and sent her to dinner, which she had avoided and avoided til it was late, then she had slept for a little while but had woken up suddenly and overcome by panic, had made her way here...Looking over at the bed, she saw Warren, still fast asleep.

[Elizabeth] No sense to wake him, she just needed him near, she thought, shaking still as she tiptoed over to the bed, looking at him curled on his side for a moment, before flicking the covers up lightly, exposing enough mattress for her to ease herself into. She just couldn't stop shaking....

[TheFallen] Warren's eyes snapped open. He slept lightly; it was a survival instinct he learned on the streets. But even before he woke up, he knew he was in no danger. The pattern of the "intruder's" mind that touched his was very familiar.

[TheFallen] He withdrew his head from beneath a wing and peered at Elizabeth in gentle amusement. "Just ask and I'll scoot over. It'll take you an hour to get in at that rate."

[TheFallen] He kept his tone light, not betraying that had no idea what was going on... he didn't want to go any deeper in Lizzie's mind; that'd be an invasion of privacy. But the distress he could feel surrounding her made it clear this was serious, maybe bad, and not... what everyone else would think.

[Elizabeth] With a small cry of alarm at his sudden awakening, she fell backwards on to the floor and drew her knees up. "Sorrysorrysorry..." she gasped, trembling all over. "I ju-just didn't want to wake y-you. I just ne-needed to b-be close..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen sat up in alarm. Yeah, this was not good. This reminded him of... hmmm.

[TheFallen] He offered her his hand to help her up. "It's all right, Elizabeth... you're all right."

[Elizabeth] Leaning forward she took his hand and allowed him to help pull her on to the bed, then pressed up against him, still shivering. "I am now," she sighed, hiding her face in his neck. "I was just scared to be alone...."

[TheFallen] Warren tightened his embrace. Someone had hurt Elizabeth... again. This was almost too much to bear. When would life ever be fair to her?

[TheFallen] In the meantime... "Shhh. It's all right, Elizabeth. Don't talk right now, just relax. OK?"

[Elizabeth] Nodding, she leant into him, trying to take deep, relaxing breaths. There was safe. Warren was safe. Things could have been so much worse, but she was safe now...

[Elizabeth] "I'm tired..." she sighed after a while, allowing a wave of exhaustion she had been fighting off since she had awoken earlier, crash over her.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen chuckled. "I bet you are." He rubbed her back gently. "Just go to sleep; that's all. We'll talk in the morning. If you want to."

[Elizabeth] Yawning, she nodded again and wriggled into a lying position, keeping a tight hold of him. "Okay..." she mumbled, her eyelids fluttering shut.

[TheFallen] ((Time passes -- but not in the way you're thinking. Perverts.))

[TheFallen] In the Staff Kitchen, Warren surveyed the pile of food with satisfaction. A full English breakfast, just as he remembered it. The University didn't have any blood sausage in stock, so he went out and got some. Breakfast, he felt, was something to be done right.

[TheFallen] He loaded the contents of the various pans onto a tray and headed up to his room.

[TheFallen] He tapped the shoulder of the recumbent figure on the bed. "Breakfast, Elizabeth." She was out cold, but if there was one thing that could wake the dead, it was the smell of sausages and fried bread.

[Elizabeth] Stirring, she opened her eyes a crack, then blinked, streching out on the bed before smiling sleepily up at Warren. "Breakfast?" she yawned and sat up, rubbing sleep from her eyes. "Wow, that's a lot of dead animal Warren...." she remarked on looking at the heaped plate.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen grinned boyishly. "The best kind. Protein is good for you. Not to mention tasty." He took his own plate from the tray and sat on a chair next to the bed.

[Elizabeth] Leaning across she gave him a quick peck on the lips before sitting back and picking up her knife and fork. "What did I do for this then?"

[TheFallen] Warren raised an eyebrow. "No actions necessary. You were so exhausted last night, I figured you'd appreciate a good breakfast. I know I would; there's nothing better."

[Elizabeth] Her smile faded a little as she poked the bacon on her plate around a little. She'd been hoping that it had all been a bad dream. "Yeah, I suppose so. Thanks," she nodded, trying to get back her smile but all she could think about now was Tom in that tree...literally in it.

[Elizabeth] Her brain hadn't registered that fact before and only now could she see it clearly. Feeling cold, she dropped her fork with a clatter, shaking slightly again before she got control of herself and reached for the fork, resuming her breakfast.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen looked up, chewing his eggs thoughtfully. "Do you want to talk about it?"

[Elizabeth] Lowering her eyes she fidgeted slightly. "I...Oh god, just one thing. Promise that whatever I tell you you will not lose your temper. You won't run out of here and you'll stay here, please? Please don't get angry..."

[TheFallen] Warren licked his lips, mind racing. She seemed to think he'd think retribution was in order... which meant it probably was. Could he promise not to get angry? Possibly. Could he promise not to run out of here? Now? Yes. But if retribution was needed, retribution would be delivered, eventually...

[TheFallen] He looked at her bandaged wrist, which he hadn't seen in the night. Someone had hurt her. There were only a few likely suspects, and many of them deserved anything they got. He chose his words carefully. "I will listen to whatever you wish to tell me without leaving or getting angry right now."

[Elizabeth] Continuing to eat to distract herself, she looked at him nervously before speaking. "I was running, as usual and I was just...this root just shot out from the trees and the next thing I knew I was being yanked along by these branches and pulled up into a tree and I was just so..." she shuddered.

[Elizabeth] "The next thing I knew, Tom's face was coming out of the tree and he..." she cringed deeply as she remembered the feel of his rough tongue dragging down her cheek. "He had hold of me, through the tree and he wouldn't let me go." Shaking her head, her food forgotten she stared at the wall.

[Elizabeth] "So...I psi-bladed him. I was scared of what he wanted to do, so I just....and then I fell - he grabbed me before he passed out and lowered me, but then, on the ground he held me down with ivy that was all inside my clothes and - then he just...went."

[Elizabeth] "I was just too scared to be alone last night, in case he came back..."

[TheFallen] * TheFallen closed his eyes. So much for not getting angry. He was determined not to show it though, not to let her sense it, even given their link.

[TheFallen] How was he supposed to feel? That bastard had violated Elizabeth! He'd hurt her before; now he'd violated her! There was a lot that Elizabeth wasn't saying, at that... he saw her hand moving up to touch her cheek, then jerking away... the scratches and the wounds told him everything.

[TheFallen] He'd obviously put off chatting with Tom for far too long... "You did the right thing, Elizabeth," he said without opening his eyes. "Did you see Annie?"

[Elizabeth] "I told her I fell over on my run, so she bandaged my wrist and cleaned me up with some antiseptic..." she nodded. "Nothing...I didn't need anything else," she shifted uncomfortably. "He was almost sorry at one point, said he only wanted to scare me," she muttered bitterly, hanging her head.

[Elizabeth] "Fucking bastard...why can't he just leave me alone? And - he was coming out of the fucking tree!" she said, looking up. "I thought I was in some fucking horror film and - god, it could have been so much worse..." Lizzie hung her head again, putting a hand over her eyes.

[TheFallen] Warren shook his head. Why was he like that? "Coming out of the tree..." he muttered. Sounds like he'd had some bad luck with his mutation. Well, that's where your karma got you.

[TheFallen] He put his fork down and sat next to Lizzie, putting a wing around her and embracing her lightly. "It's over now. You're safe; you're okay. It's not going to happen again."

[Elizabeth] "I hope not. I'm getting tired of feeling like this," Lizzie said with a sigh and put her plate down before leaning back into him and running her fingers up and down the line of his body.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen smiled wanly. "Well, I'll never get tired of helping you feel better." He raised an eyebrow. "Your blood sausage is going to get cold."

[Elizabeth] "I'll get cold I I don't snuggle," she pouted but lenat off the bed to pick her plate up, adjusting one of the thin straps of her nightdress that had slipped off her shoulder.

[Elizabeth] "Your sausage is going to get cold too you know," she said and made a face at him cheekily.

[TheFallen] Warren chuckled and reached over for his plate. "I can eat mine right here. Don't make me force-feed you."

[Elizabeth] Poking her tongue out at him she stuffed a large mouthful of tomatoes in then giggled as she realised the juices were running down her chin.

[TheFallen] * TheFallen poked at the last of his beans, then put his fork down. "Want to take a trip?"

[Elizabeth] Spearing a mushroom, she popped it in her mouth and shrugged. "Where to?"

[TheFallen] "Hm, I was thinking London. Or Paris. We have this great place called the Danger Room. Have you heard?"

[Elizabeth] "No, I suppose you'll have to show me," she answered, playing up to him a little. "London or Paris? A girl could be spoilt for choice!" she smiled and looped her arm through his. Tom might have gotten to her yesterday, but not today. He wouldn't scare her still.

[Elizabeth] Smiling she linked her fingers through his, squeezing slightly.
ACHTUNG! Alles touristen und non-technischen looken peepers! Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben. Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Strange, I kinda feel guilty now that I played Tom like that. It's really weird. I know he and Lizzie are fictional characters, but I still got that bad guilt feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read this.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

LOL! I know. I hated playing Remy doing the coke. Its funny how stuff can spill over and you are squirming over it.

Good that they can take off for a while. I wonder what nastiness Warren has planned?

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
Strange, I kinda feel guilty now that I played Tom like that. It's really weird. I know he and Lizzie are fictional characters, but I still got that bad guilt feeling in the pit of my stomach when I read this.
Well, in Whoville they say that the Steyn's small heart grew three sizes this day!

But aww how cute. However....blood sausage? Ew. I wiki'd it cause I was like "this has to be one of those things that isn't actually what its called...like buffalo wings." And....ew.
[Elizabeth] "Your sausage is going to get cold too you know," she said and made a face at him cheekily.
:naughty Just remember the danger room has cameras!!

[Edited on 8/3/07 by NachtcGleiskette]
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
littlebamf
Navigator
Navigator
Title: Sometimes the bark isn\'t worse than the bite

Post by littlebamf »

Black Pudding (Blood sausage) is yum!

And Lizzie probably knows how to disable the cameras. Or get the only copy :naughty

And I totally missed this line until I reread it.
[TheFallen] * TheFallen grinned boyishly. "The best kind. Protein is good for you. Not to mention tasty."took his own plate from the tray and sat on a chair next to the bed.
I have no comment :P

[Edited on 8-3-07 by littlebamf]