3/11 Instance: Fears and Reassurances

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Paige] Paige sat numbly in her room. Her mother had just called to tell her that the police had found Bruce's body... badly mutialted... Paige couldn't believe he was dead. She needed to talk to someone. This was too much.

[Paige] Paige slid on her slippers and headed to Remy's room. Once there, she knocked softly on the door.

[Gambit] Remy jerked awake at the soft knock. Damnit. He'd fallen asleep half sitting up again. Too many late nights. Pretty soon he was going to have to quit smoking in his room - it was getting too dicey.

[Gambit] Brushing his hair out of his eyes, thinking that he should think about cutting it, he peered out his door. He frowned in concern. She didn't look right. "What's d' matter petite?"

[Paige] "Can I talk to you, Remy?"

[Gambit] "Of course." He waved her into his room, shutting the door softly. She really looked shaken up. Oh Dieu...please let this not be about Eve and that whole thing.

[Paige] Paige sat down on his bed, a bit like a zombie. "I think Eve did something bad..."

[Gambit] He sat down beside her, a little space between the two of them. "T' y'?"

[Paige] "No! Never to me... but I think he killed someone..."

[Gambit] "Oh?" he was suprised by that, and yet not. Some people had an edge...some didn't. Eve did. But he wasn't the type of guy to just do that sort of thing on a whim. "Who?"

[Paige] "My ex-boyfriend... Bruce... while Eve was visiting."

[Gambit] He moved so that he was facing her a bit better. She was shaking. He reached out and put one of his hands on hers. "What happened petite? Eve don't jus' seem d' jealous type. Why would he even bump into dis guy?"

[Paige] "I think I better tell you some things that happened before Eve met him..." Paige struggled to get out the story of graduation night,but she managed.

[Gambit] "OK...." He just held her hand and let her collect her thoughts.

[Paige] Paige finally heard herself talking. "On graduation night he drank too much. He drove us home... which was stupid of me to let him do that, but I was drunk too. Then he wanted a bit of... fun... but I refused...."

[Gambit] The muscle jumped in his jaw. "Did he listen?"

[Paige] Paige shook her head. "He hit me... and I fell... and I don't remember anything else... I woke up on his floor without any clothes on the next morning."

[Gambit] "Oh petite. So sorry." He forced his anger away. Angry men were not what she needed. "So Eve popped him? Bein."

[Paige] "Bruce tried it again at Thanksgiving..."

[Gambit] "He did what? How did dat fucker even get near y'?" That's when he noticed the faded bruise on one of her wrists, his hand clenched tightly around hers. "Merde. Petite...its good he's dead. He needed killin'. Hope it was slow an' painful."

[Paige] Paige smiled a slight bit at that. "I never told anyone except you and Eve... and Mother still thought we were together. No matter what I said."

[Gambit] "Y're mere didn't believe y'? Oh petite." He pulled her into a tight hug. "Well he ain't gonna be troublin' y' again. He can rot in hell."

[Paige] Paige clung to Remy. "I didn't want him to die though! I just wanted him to go away."

[Gambit] "Petite...what he did wasn't right. An' for him t' do it again..." He pulled back and looked at her seriously. "Y're a nice hearted girl. Of course y' wouldn't want anyone t' be killed. Mais...what was stoppin' him from doin' it t' y' again. Or another girl?"

[Paige] Paige hadn't thought of that. "Oh... I wouldn't want him to hurt anyone else... it would have been my fault..."

[Gambit] "Dere ain't nothin' about dis dat's y're fault. So y' get dat outta y're head right now."

[Gambit] "So...how did y' find out?"

[Paige] Paige nodded, fighting back a yes sir. "Mom called me... and... oh my God Remy... I lied to my mother."

[Gambit] "Ah...she still talked t' dis guy? What did she ask y'?"

[Paige] "The police found him... she asked if Eve and I ran into him Saturday. I told her no..."

[Gambit] "Well...it don't matter. Nothin' but a white lie, petite. If y're mere ain't smart enough t' stop a guy from hurtin' her daugther, she sure as shit don't deserve anythin' from y'."

[Gambit] "So takin' it dat y' haven't talked t' eve yet den?"

[Paige] Paige shook her head. "I wasn't sure I could yet... Remy... Remy what if he goes to hell for this?!" Paige started crying.

[Gambit] "Shhh." He pulled her close again and rubbed her back. "He ain't petite. He was protectin' y'. An' other women. Removin' evil from d' earth. Dat ain't a bad thing, in its own way, neh? Mean...its a lot t' take on. He's gonna have t' live with dat. but a God dat don't understand dat - who'd want t' go t' heaven den anyway?"

[Paige] Paige nodded as she listened to Remy. He made sense. Paige cried, starting to calm down though. "So... so it's ok? Eve did the right thing?"

[Gambit] "If y're askin' Remy...den oui. Wouldn't go around talkin' t' a lot of people about dis though petite...law don't always see things so simple. Mais - usually its a fuckin' joke anyway - sometimes y' got t' take shit into y're own hands."

[Paige] "I'm just scared that they might lock him away... like they did to Vic..."

[Gambit] "Oui." he thought for a moment. "Only dere is a difference. For starters - Vic never did it - he was framed. Second, Eve's street wise. He probabally covered his tracks good. Lastly - y're not quite sure if it was him yet, neh?"

[Paige] "Yeah, but he would still be locked away." Paige bit her bottom lip. "I know it was him... and if they took him away..."

[Gambit] "Well. Don't talk t' anyone about dis. No one. Stays between y' an' me - an' Eve. People ask y' about it - y' act like y're sad dat he's dead. Not too sad...jus' stunned. Y' don't know why anyone would want t' kill him."

[Gambit] "If y' know of any shit he was into when y' were datin'...y' might want t' steer dem in that direction."

[Gambit] "Be real helpful...don't talk too much. Don't answer questions dat dey didn't ask y'."

[Paige] Paige nodded, hugging Remy tightly. "Thank you so much, Remy... I really appreciate this. I'll do what you said."

[Gambit] "It ain't a problem. Y' let y're man know if he needs somethin' t' let Remy know. May be walkin' more on d' white side of d' law lately, but it don't mean dat he's forgotten everythin' quite yet."

[Paige] Paige giggled and blushed. "I'll be sure to. I should head on up there... I'll see you tomorrow, Remy?"

[Gambit] "Oui. Don't y' worry about nothin' petite. Dis will all get taken care of."

[Paige] "Okie." Paige kissed his cheek and bounced out the door. "Night Remy! Get some sleep."

[Gambit] He watched her skip off, glad that she had cheered up. He'd have to have a chat with Eve. Not that he doubted the man wasn't competant, but it never hurt to be safe.
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

OMG, I don't want to be prissy here, but murder is still murder. If it was in self-defense than the law would have gone easier on him, but he never told anyone and he probably covered his tracks. That's first degree murder, or at least second degree, even if it was to a rapist. He should have told the police and even tried to get Bruce to the hospital before he died. And this is Texas, so he could get the death penalty when convicted.
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
OMG, I don't want to be prissy here, but murder is still murder. If it was in self-defense than the law would have gone easier on him, but he never told anyone and he probably covered his tracks. That's first degree murder, or at least second degree, even if it was to a rapist. He should have told the police and even tried to get Bruce to the hospital before he died. And this is Texas, so he could get the death penalty when convicted.
pfffft Xavier will get him off. He's not letting any of his mutants go with all the hawt seXX0rs going on....
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

Neato! So I just need to hook Japh up with someone else then he can go on a killing spree. :cracked
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

Originally posted by steynedvelvet
Neato! So I just need to hook Japh up with someone else then he can go on a killing spree. :cracked
Why do you think I wait for Meggan to decide finally? Alex can't eat people...yet! :shifty
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk

Post by TechPrincess »

Steyn it's only illegal if you get caught. ;)
Paige :husk -------- Emma :emma -------- Hope :jean
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Originally posted by Freak
Why do you think I wait for Meggan to decide finally? Alex can't eat people...yet! :shifty
Why wait for Meggan when you have Remy and JP?? :naughty
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€