3/12 Instance: Shattered Dreams

Read our instance transcripts here for hot character sessions!
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

[Meggan] Meggan sat on her bed, trying to concentrate on reading her texts for Ethics but her mind kept wandering and it was uncomfortable trying to hold the book with the bandages on her hands. Boy had Annie lectured her about that one...

[Meggan] She sighed, pushing the book aside and picking up her glass of water. She wondered if Alex had got her note yet....

[Alex] Alex knocked on the door to Meggan's room. He wondered what she wanted from him. He hoped that he hadn't fucked up again...but he was pretty sure he had left her enough room to herself and still supported her over the last few days...

[Meggan] Meggan looked up, nearly choking on her water, "um... come in!" she took another sip and put the glass down, tugging her sleeves down over her hands.

[Alex] He entered the room. "Hey Meg. I got your note..." Ok, that should be obvious to everyone, he came, after all. "Uhm, you wanted to talk with me?"

[Meggan] Meggan nodded and shuffled over on the bed, gesturing for him to sit beside her. Ok, maybe asking Xavier to give her back her empathy before she did this, hadn't been such a good idea... she chewed her lip. "You, um... feeling better?"

[Alex] Taking a seat next to her, he answered her question. "It's far better now, thank you." She seemed a bit tense...

[Meggan] "Oh good, I was worried...." she smiled, "Good news is, I think I fixed my shape-shifting problem too... well... Professor Xavier helped...."

[Meggan] She noticed her sleeves slipping up again and quickly pulled them down. Stupid bandages...

[Alex] "That's...great..." He wanted to be happy, but suddenly some bandages came into sight. Bandages on her hands! "Oh my god, Meggan! What is that?" He pulled the sleeve of her right arm away.

[Meggan] "Uh..." Meggan pulled her hand away and tugged the sleeve back down, "It's nothing, it's fine... Annie said they shouldn't scar..."

[Meggan] "And anyway... that's um... that's not why I wanted you to come over...."

[Alex] He looked her in the eyes. "What happened Meg?...You're behaving...weird..."

[Meggan] "I am? oh... uh... sorry...." she tucked some of her hair behind her ear, "I've had a couple of days without my empathy... having to get used to it all over again..." she hoped that would be a sufficient excuse.

[Meggan] "And seriously... don't worry about the bandages - it looks worse than it is..."

[Alex] "Ok, if you say so..." Oh, he'd so go and ask Annie about it later! "And what is that with you having no empathy? Did you lose that somehow?"

[Meggan] "Professor Xavier blocked it... for my own good... to make a point about shielding." she frowned, "Still not sure I like it but it did help."

[Alex] He rubbed her back. "It's good as long as it helped. And you haven't lost it for good, right?"

[Meggan] "Oh no, I got it back today.... mostly because I refused to leave ‘til I did but also because I made progress..." she smiled, "I fixed my problem, like I said."

[Alex] "That's so cool!" He beamed at her. "So you just wanted to tell me the good news?"

[Meggan] Meggan nodded slightly, her smile fading. "Um... actually... the reason it's fixed is what I wanted to talk to you about..."

[Alex] "So...?" What was up with her?

[Meggan] "Alex.... when Xavier blocked my empathy.... for the first time ever in my whole life.... I knew what I wanted, just me.... with no interference.... and I realised something..."

[Meggan] She paused, trying to think how to word what she wanted to say.

[Meggan] "I realised that..... that although I love both you and Pietro very much... I'm only in love with one of you...."

[Alex] "Oh, ok..." He went pale. This was the moment he had feared for quite a while now. But he would try to live with the outcome. He would have to...

[Meggan] Meggan hugged him tightly, "I'm sorry Alex...." she bit her lip, he didn't need her crying now, "I didn't plan for any of this... and I'm so so sorry that I put you through this...."

[Alex] And he understood. He hugged her back and pat her back. "Shh, it's ok. I'm happy for you..." Then he let go and stood up. "Guess I should go and congratulate Pietro then, shouldn't I?"

[Meggan] "Are.... are you ok?" she knew she had no right to ask, but this really wasn't fair... "I really didn't want to hurt you..." She hugged him again and kissed him on the cheek, "Promise you won't hate me?"

[Alex] "Hey, you know I'm not a liar. And I said I couldn't hate you, no matter what..." He smiled at her, even managed to make it look naturally. But he felt nothing but a...void in his chest...

[Meggan] Meggan smiled slightly back, "um... if you need to avoid me for a few day I'll... I'll understand... just don't avoid me forever, ok? I'd like to be able to keep you as a friend..."

[Alex] "Promise. We'll always be friends." He rubbed her arm. "And don't feel to bad about it, or Pietro..." He hesitated for a second. "...or your boyfriend will get mad at me. Ok?"

[Meggan] Meggan hugged Alex tightly, blushing a bit - he'd said 'boyfriend', "Ok I'll try not to..." she smiled at him, "I have one small favour to ask of you though.... um.... will you teach me to cook?"

[Alex] "Uhm,...yes. I think I can do that." He smiled at her. "But I think I should leave now. We don't want to start any rumours, right?" He let go of her and walked over to the door. Glancing back one last time, he winked at her and continued. "I wish the best to both of you...Good night."

[Meggan] "Good night Alex.... and Thank you... you're the best friend I've ever had..."

[Alex] "Hey, no problem." He closed the door.

[Alex] Walking down the corridors, he finally started to sway, his legs gave away and he crushed into the wall. He stood at the ground for quite a while, leaning at the wall and silently crying.

[Alex] I'm sorry Meggan, I lied to you...I won't be able to teach you how to cook...
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
fourpawsonthefloor
Administrator
Administrator
Title: Executive Administrator

Post by fourpawsonthefloor »

Awwww...poor Alex. Loads of pain for that trio.

Paws
I'm actually quite pleasant until I'm awake.
Svartfreja
Swashbuckler
Swashbuckler
Title: Pushed Beaver
Nightscrawlearth Character: :quicksilver :invisiblewoman :spiderwoman

Post by Svartfreja »

I feel so baaaaaaaaaaad :bawl: poor Alex!!!!
:quicksilver Pietro Maximoff [Quicksilver]

Quicksilver: Howisshe?Isshealright?Imusetspeakwithmysisteratonce.
Hawkeye: What is that noise?
IronMan: That is the noise Pietro makes right before he's tossed out of the airlock. ~ Avengers: The Children's Crusade #6
tears~fall~like~glass
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: Timelord
Nightscrawlearth Character: :x23 :rachel

Post by tears~fall~like~glass »

awwwwwwwwww poor, poor Alex :bawl
Freak
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Doctor Nemesis

Post by Freak »

And it gets worse :eeevil
:freak :andreas They're fighting!
NachtcGleiskette
Dread Pirate
Dread Pirate
Title: The Ragin' Cajun

Post by NachtcGleiskette »

Awwwwwwww :bawl

But......I wouldn't be too disappointed after the JP revelation :shifty
"If you live your life to please everyone else, you will continue to feel frustrated and powerless. This is because what others want may not be good for you. You are not being mean when you say NO to unreasonable demands or when you express your ideas, feelings, and opinions, even if they differ from those of others.â€
Slarti
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: Damn Not Given
Nightscrawlearth Character: :icey :phoenix

Post by Slarti »

Awwww, poor Alex!!!! Makes me want to give him a hug…except he likes to eat people. :P
steyn
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Title: The furry one.
Nightscrawlearth Character: :bunny

Post by steyn »

TechPrincess
Deck Swabber
Deck Swabber
Title: Little BABY!! Fairy <3
Nightscrawlearth Character: :jean :emma :husk